La Casa de Cecilia Reviews

Av. 9 de Octubre, Mindo, Ecuador

The staff were very helpful in setting up activities and transportation although occasionally were a little hard to find. The beds were comfortable, if a bit shaky on the top bunks. The shower in our room was one of the nicest I've been in during my few weeks in Ecuador! Also the hammock porch was really nice, I wish I had checked that out sooner.

• 21st Aug 2015

Casa de Ceilia was a great hostel for MIndo. The rooms had clean linens and towels, there were hammocks for use. The $3 breakfast was delicious as well. The staff was very accommodating and friendly, very helpful with different activities in town. Great stay!

• 21st Aug 2015

I stayed in a twin private room with my friend for 2 nights & it was a very pleasant stay! The staff was helpful, even letting me into my room once when I left the key with my friend and we were separated, though I cannot speak to their English-speaking abilities, since I only spoke Spanish with them. The location is perfect, right next to El Quetzal, and the shower is SO COOL. The steps down were literally carved in stone, and the hot water is refreshing after so many activities. I'll be back!!

Cute little place right on the river. Wood cabins that are quaint and have mosquito nets (needed!). The town is tiny, but there's some good hiking and a great chocolate tour! The hostel breakfast is not included but it's cheap and tasty. Not so easy to meet people here, but there's not really in an in door common area, but it's a quaint and quiet place to stay. Would recommend.

Well set up hostel with excellent showers, relaxing hammock area and great location right on the river and across the road from El Quetzal, the chocolate shop. Mosquito nets over the bed are great, especially as soon rooms have open windows or walls. It can get noisy and you can hear you room neighbours quite easily so bring earplugs if necessary. Lacking somewhat in atmosphere but made up for in the ability to chill out and relax in the cloud forest.

It seems like this hostel is still under construction, but I still found it to be quite charming. It's very conveniently located (plus Mindo is tiny, so you can walk pretty much anywhere). It's a little expensive for Ecuador, but that's also fairly common for Mindo.

The staff sometimes disappeared for hours at a time which was odd, but the hotel was beautiful, clean and convenient which made up for it

It's a cute place to stay! The sheets of the bed weren't really clean though.

For only $11 a night for a private room, I was very, very happy. Such a good vibe, such a beautiful setting. Loved the hammocks, the very hot shower, the very confortable beds, the very friendly staff. If you want to leave your bags before you check in/after you check out, be aware they never keep the storage room locked. Apart from that, absolutely no complaints, and the $3 is greta, good coffee, which you can enjoy down my the river. Wish I could have stayed longer!

Good location, right next to the chocolate factory. Staff spoke little English but no problems with patiently working through my awful Spanish. A bit quiet but only stayed a night, so may have been unlucky. Bed was comfy, toilets clean. Would recommend.

Location on the edge of town is nice. Right next to a small river, which is a great sound to fall asleep to. The open dining/socialising area is nice, but bring your insect repellent! The staff spoke very little English so it could be difficult for someone that doesn't speak much Spanish.

I loved this hostel the only thing that let it down was there was nowhere to lock away valuables.. The hostel was completely open with no one on reception quite often which meant anyone could walk I and go through belongings! Having said that the hostel is in a beautiful location right by the river with friendly staff, you will need to practise your Spanish though! I found the atmosphere extremely relaxed and it was just what I needed. I would have loved to have kitchen facilities there.

Probably the world's smallest viable single room however would still recommend staying here, good staff, excellent breakfast, hammocks and humming bird feeders!

I really loved my stay in mindo. Especially because of this guesthouse. It's in a great location, off the main road but still walkable. Right next to El Queztal. The garden area is a nice bonus. And private rooms are great for relaxing. Only complaint is bad Wi fi connection.

At first the shower has low pressure but that was quickly fixed. The breakfast which cost $3 was ok. The location by the river was very nice

Lovely hostel! The room felt like a treehouse - it was tiny but perched right above the river. Good strong mosquito net. The hostel staff were friendly and helped us book tours and taxis. Cute dogs who love pats.

The hostel is okay, nothing great. Rooms are tiny but everything you need is there - bed, bathroom, even a mozzie net. Hard to get hold of staff outside the mornings, security-wise anyone could just walk in and it would not be hard to force the door open or climb through a window. Location is okay, nothing spectacular but at $12 for a private room with en-suite who cares! Nice restaurant next door, called el Quetzal.

• 31st Mar 2015

We booked a double room with private bathroom. OK, this is what we got but it was basically a converted veranda with just enough room for a bed. The roof was corrugated which was waterproof but a bit noisy in the rain. The shower was cold. There were lots of rules like no alcohol in the room. Can see some point in that but on the other hand can't see any harm in a couple aged 50+ Having a glass of wine. Maybe at 50+ we should be staying in different places?!!

One staff member was incredibly rude and unwilling to help me with bus times, I believe it was because I am still learning spanish and not very confident with it yet. It would have been nice to for the staff member to at least try to help me.

beautiful setting, amongst the trees and beside a river! however, although the staff were helpful, they weren't very present.. no one at the desk when we arrived. breakfast was yummy, although slightly overpriced, and laundry was $4, which seemed too much. however! the beds were comfy and they supplied mosquito nets and a relaxed atmosphere.