La Casa de Cecilia

Fabulous 383 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
11th Mar 2017
7.1

Second time staying here and it started with a really nice surprise upgrade as I had reserved a four person dorm and for some reason got put in this really nice private attic room. only downside was the bug net didnt properly fit over my bed and the one window didnt actually connect to the walls so there was nothing stopping the bugs from getting in. Aside from that, and the ice cold shower water, I love this place. Its got great views, which make up for the wifi that barely ever works.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
10th Mar 2017
8.0

Beautiful setting for a hostel in Mindo - set beside a river, among the trees, hammocks to relax in. Rooms and beds were nice, close access to bathrooms and WIFI was pretty fast. Staff were relatively friendly, helpful with getting tips on activities in the area. However, there was no security lockers (and nowhere else to store valuables), and there was a strict no kitchen access rule (despite the kitchen being an enormous size).

• Belgium, Female, 18-24
7th Mar 2017
8.0

I stayed in the 4 bed mixed dorm. The beds were comfortable and the hostel itself was very beautiful. However, there was a roof leak but that was fixed within my 2 day stay. Showers were tepid and wifi was just about strong enough for a FaceTime call. Rooms and bathrooms very clean. You can lock the room it seemed, but they didn't and the breakfast was ok but not worth $4. Staff were very friendly however, and atmosphere was very chilled. Definitely recommend.

• England, Female, 41+
7th Mar 2017
5.1

My room was like sleeping in a garden shed. No windows, a door that had gaps all around so you could easily see into the room when the door was closed and an adjoining door to the dorm that again you could see through the gaps. No staff around in the morning when I left at 7.15sm so had to leave the key and money. At check-in no information given apart from being shown to the room.

• Canada, Female, 41+
2nd Mar 2017
6.9

The staff were very unfriendly and never smiled once and i was there for 8 nights as well. As far as security, they ask to leave the key at the front desk but anyone can access it since no one is hardly there. the location by the river and sitting on the tables with the view was the best part. The breakfast was pretty good as well.

• USA, Female, 25-30
26th Feb 2017

I am an American from the United States. I stayed one night at La Casa De Cecelia with 2 of my friends during Ecuador's Carnaval. I enjoyed my stay very much. It is a beautiful and unique hostel with great views and a home-like feel. Just next door is a fantastic restaurant called El Quetzal where we dined for dinner, a night cap, and breakfast in the morning. We truly enjoyed our stay and would return if we ever find ourselves back in Mindo. :) 5 stars in my book!

• USA, Female, 18-24
26th Feb 2017

Our stay at La Casa de Cecilia was wonderful! I will definitely be returning the next time I head to Mindo!

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
19th Feb 2017
8.0

I would recommend not to make a reservation via booking.com. The owner will not take off the amount you paid by credit card, bit charge you for the total price.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
17th Feb 2017

Unfortunately when we arrived the lady at reception said she had accidentally cancelled our reservation and that we had to stay somewhere else. The whole place was chaotic and I think she may have just given our rooms away. She arranged for us to stay somewhere else which was fine but wasn't the place we booked with the rest of our group. The second night at casa del cecilia was lovely, it's a beautiful hostel. Shame they messed up our booking.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24