La Casa de Cecilia Reviews

Av. 9 de Octubre, Mindo, Ecuador

I really enjoyed my stay here. Cheap breakfast ($2.50), strong wifi connection and clean. As a solo traveler, I appreciated that a single room was offered at $9 . Staff was helpful with any tours (chocolate tour, birding, zip line, etc). My only issue is that I would leave my key on the desk and they weren't always at the desk to watch the keys (the keys were on the desk the whole time, not put away). With that being said, no one entered my room and I would definitely stay here again.

The hostel is great. Very tranquilo, it's right next to the river. Great breakfast, got 3 options to choose from (not included in the room rate, but price is reasonable).

Great location right on the River with cozy rooms. However we found the staff for the most part to be unhelpful and kind of uninterested.

The hostel is quite special when it come to the construction. Different wooden houses and nice, comfy beds.

I love coming here and will always come back here to stay in mindo!

hI loved the breakfast at the cafeteria...i did't like that i had to leave my room key,since someone left it at the common area..

It was cheap and staff were quite friendly, got a downstairs room which felt like we were in an underground bunker, upstairs rooms looked a bit nicer, nice hammock area, hummingbirds a real plus, breakfasts varied in quality and quantity. No kitchen facilities, wouldn't rush back, significantly better places available for slightly more money.

What a nice hostel! Heaving breakfast (not included but priceworthy) among hummingbirds, chilling in hammacs and offering tickets to all activities in town without extra costs. Hostel is entirely made from wood, so you can hear other people in the rooms, but its ok. Have good laundry, games and two nice dogs. Just a small walk from the plaza an next to the river.

Great value. Good breakfast. Shame they don't do other meals, but plenty of option nearby.

Basic hostel accommodation in a convenient location in Mindo - only a short walk to the main street. Reception helped us in arranging a zip-lining tour.

Many of the rooms are set in their two newer cabins which were really clean and tidy. The staff was helpful for booking tours. Enjoyed staying there, plus a great location next to the chocolate tours place.

the hostel itself is located in a nice setting (and service was good, staff friendly). However, the whole building is a wooden structure, and the bedrooms were merely separated by a few wooden planks, and it was possible to see into some of the rooms, meaning there is little privacy. Had there been more people in the hostel at the time, it would have been possible to hear every noise. Having said that....this open wooden construction seems to be the norm in Mindo, with a few exceptions

A higgledy-piggledy construction of a building, but charming. My private room had a mosquito net and one outlet, basic but all I needed. The 2nd-floor porch strung with hammocks was a great place to hang out and meet people, as was the patio down by the river. Nice, affordable breakfast (if you're going to the cascades, pocket one of the bread rolls as there's no food or water available for purchase at the park). Good wifi. Babylonia down the street had delicious trout--no dinner at the hostel.

fantastic hostel, really enjoyed staying there. Basic but really lovely location, right next to a river :)

I loved La Casa de Cecilia. It had the perfect rustic charm I wanted in the cloud forest town of Mindo. I enjoyed relaxing in the hammocks on the second floor and looking out over the banana trees and hummingbirds, while the river rushed by. I especially recommend room number 8, since behind its door it is just outside in the elements. I slept great there, with a nice breeze, falling asleep to frogs and bugs and waking up to birds. Great location, helpful staff. Highly recommended.

We loved casa de Cecilia. The patio was so nice to relax on, rain or shine. The employees speak very little English, so sometimes that made it difficult...but we got by on our brutal Spanish. It is a nice location, a two minute walk from the main road, but feels like you are in a jungle oasis. The river and cabins are great, giving it a real outdoorsy feel. The breakfast is amazing!!!! The bread was so warm and fresh and the eggs were delicious. I miss them already! Hope to return one day!