La Casa de Cecilia Reviews

Av. 9 de Octubre, Mindo, Ecuador

Everyone who worked here was absolutely lovely, and very accomadating with helping us store our bags and use the facilities before check in and after check out!

• 23rd Jan 2016

Positives - staff very friendly and helpful with information and booking activities. Nice location by the river and close to the main street. Negatives - there was rubbish in our room from the previous guests when we entered. We were also given a tiny room when bigger, nicer rooms were lying empty. There were gaps in the walls meaning insects could get in, and there were holes in the mosquito nets provided. The bathrooms were not adequately stocked with toilet roll/soap, and one had no water.

I can't say enough kind words about the owners and the location. Hostel is private, yet just a 2-minute walk off the main square. The buildings are beautifully and thoughtfully designed and appointed. My room had a private bathroom and two large windows looking out over jungle. Unfortunately, my stay was cut short by a health emergency. Ana helped me to the medic and the next day her husband brought my luggage to Quito, since I was in the hospital. Best people. Beautiful hostel. Stay there!

• 20th Jan 2016

A great hostel close enough to all the restaurants, main street but far enough from the noise to relax in a hammock watching hummingbirds flutter around. Breakfast additional but very good and reasonably priced ($3-4). Would definitely stay here again.

I love the location of the hostel. Falling asleep and waking up next to the river has been so tranquil. The rooms are nothing special, but good enough for the price. Staff seemed kind of cold, I had a couple request that took a day or so to be met. Loved the patio area with the hammocks, made for a great place to relax and enjoy a couple good books.

Nice location close to the river and we got a free upgrade to ensuite which was nice. Staff was helpful, but not overly engaged. The room itself (we stayed in the house to the left before the breakfast area) seemed a bit unfinished and internet wasn't great in the room. The paid breakfast was good, but it also would be great to have the possibiity to get some hot water in the afternoon for a coffee or tea or something since the kitchen area seems quite good actually.

there is a sign that says leave your shoes downstairs before going up into the dorms, but if you forget to take your shoes up at night the dogs will sleep(?) on your shoes and they will totally stink of wet dog! at least this happened to me! other than that very nice location next to a stream, even though it was raining one day these kids from the neighborhood went tubing down the river anyways! decent amount of birdwatching right from the porch and tucked away not too far from the main strip.

The accommodation was one of the best we have stayed in. The private room was beautifully done, very clean and well kept up. Only minor concern access into the loo for a tall man was a little tight. Hostal is set back from the puebla in a beautiful garden setting along a river. Close to everything.

I originally booked a dorm hostel room, and I stayed there the first night. The next day, I came back, and they moved me to a single room because they preemptively were fixing some problem with the room. The staff is very nice, and this was one of the better hostels I've been in.

we had a really nice stay.

• 1st Jan 2016

Great value and friendly staff.

• 29th Dec 2015

This place is really cool. It's one block from the center of town but tucked away in the forest. Feels like a little treehouse and is very rustic. The owners (Paula and Sabierd) are super friendly and will help organize anything you need. Best part: Sabierd woke up at 5 am to take us on an incredible 7 hour birding trip for a very reasonable price. It is less secure in the dorms, but Mindo in all is a really safe place, and they will store your valuables in their house to keep them safe.

Great stay!

Absolutely fantastic place. You can get a cheap ride from the owner to a selection of gorgeous rivers for fishing, breakfast there is easy and fast, although the chocolate place right up the road has it a little better, beds are clean and comfy, and our most recent stay had this marble shower in the bathroom. All in all, great place to stay in Mindo. I've done it about 5 times now, never had a problem. Also there are two dogs and a cat that you can pet; it's bloody great.

• 4th Dec 2015

Pros: nice, relaxing location. Nice hammocks. Great value for private rooms. Cons: staff is very unfriendly. Despite the large kitchen, guest use not allowed. Strict curfew, makes it harder to hang out with other guests. Splurge the extra $1/night on a private room with doors that lock. Dorms seem very insecure. Also, the key to luggage storage is hanging RIGHT next to the door/padlock! Usually there is no one at reception and anyone could walk into the place, rummage around unnoticed.

Rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. Hotwater in the shower worked as promised. The staff was a bit unfriendly and the WiFi didn't work. There was no possibility to lock the personal belongings. But all im all good hostel that price.

We had a private room, which was very clean. The walls are very thin - it didn't bother us, but you hear your neighbours' conversations. If you love chocolate, it's in a great location, right next to El Quetzal!

The whole atmosphere of the place is great. The staff were helpful. I wish I could have stayed longer.

Liked: Good breakfast ( not included), well working wifi, warm showers. All in all a nice complex sitting next to the river in between all the greenery. At night the sounds of the forest will put you to sleep. The double room had a nice rusticle touch and one of the coziest beds I've slept in :-) I'd recommend it! Disliked: Poor kitchen facilities, if even accessible. Stuff is hard to encounter, sometimes cockroaches in the bathroom, almost no other travelers around common area

Nice enough place.