La Casa de Cecilia

8.7
Fabulous 405 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 31-40
24th Jun 2017

The hostel location is so beautiful, right on the river. We felt like we were staying in a treehouse. However, there was the no wifi in our room, and the wifi in the common area did not work either. The staff was also pretty unavailable as far as asking any questions.

• USA, Male, 18-24
20th Jun 2017

I have not a single negative thing to say about this amazing place. The location is 2 blocKS away from downtown Mindo, yet it feels like miles away due to the location and atmosphere. On a peaceful river, with porches (with hammocks of course!) It is quiet and peaceful. Mindo is the safest place I've been in Ecuador (walking down unlit side streets, even at midnight, felt completely safe). I paid $11 dollars for a private room...An amazing deal for what you get . Come here!

15th Jun 2017
7.4

Amazing location, with the hostel sitting right next to the river. Extremely peaceful vibe, hot showers and very close to the town centre. The staff were not very attentive and I didn't feel that welcome. Given the amazing location, this didn't bother me too much. I would recommend doing the cable car and seeing the waterfalls. It made for a great day. Especially for only $5 all in.

28th May 2017

Wonderful hostel and location! I just wish the kitchen could be used by guests

27th May 2017

Nice staff, perfect location, cute cabins, good price, clean. My one complaint is that the hot water for showers is finnicky and goes in and out (happened during 3 different showers and 2 different bathrooms).

• Israel, Couple, 25-30
24th May 2017

Casa de Cecilia is beautifully located right on the river. There are hammocks on the balcony and the place has a cozy feel, it reminded me of staying at a cabin. The showers are hot and the wifi works well. You can buy tickets for any of the activities in Mindo right at the reception desk. Good breakfast.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
22nd May 2017

Beautiful location right on a small river, beautiful wooden houses, super tranquil! Has nice hot showers only downside is no kitchen

17th May 2017
7.4

I felt like I was staying in a tree house! We had to wait a long time at the desk to receive our passports and the the room was a bit dirty. However, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. The security for our bags was great as well.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
14th May 2017

We only planned on staying here for one night, but ended up staying longer, because of how much we liked it! It was an incredible location, right next to the house of chocolate (dangerous) with an amazing restaurant. It is very close to the town square as well. The women who work here are kind and extremely helpful! Our room was beautiful, and looked over the forest, it was very clean, and I would have stayed longer if I could!

• Canada, Female, 41+
15th Apr 2017

Loved this place, it is adorable and so friendly.