La Casa de Cecilia Reviews

Av. 9 de Octubre, Mindo, Ecuador

I loved this hostel the only thing that let it down was there was nowhere to lock away valuables.. The hostel was completely open with no one on reception quite often which meant anyone could walk I and go through belongings! Having said that the hostel is in a beautiful location right by the river with friendly staff, you will need to practise your Spanish though! I found the atmosphere extremely relaxed and it was just what I needed. I would have loved to have kitchen facilities there.

Probably the world's smallest viable single room however would still recommend staying here, good staff, excellent breakfast, hammocks and humming bird feeders!

I really loved my stay in mindo. Especially because of this guesthouse. It's in a great location, off the main road but still walkable. Right next to El Queztal. The garden area is a nice bonus. And private rooms are great for relaxing. Only complaint is bad Wi fi connection.

At first the shower has low pressure but that was quickly fixed. The breakfast which cost $3 was ok. The location by the river was very nice

Lovely hostel! The room felt like a treehouse - it was tiny but perched right above the river. Good strong mosquito net. The hostel staff were friendly and helped us book tours and taxis. Cute dogs who love pats.

The hostel is okay, nothing great. Rooms are tiny but everything you need is there - bed, bathroom, even a mozzie net. Hard to get hold of staff outside the mornings, security-wise anyone could just walk in and it would not be hard to force the door open or climb through a window. Location is okay, nothing spectacular but at $12 for a private room with en-suite who cares! Nice restaurant next door, called el Quetzal.

• 31st Mar 2015

We booked a double room with private bathroom. OK, this is what we got but it was basically a converted veranda with just enough room for a bed. The roof was corrugated which was waterproof but a bit noisy in the rain. The shower was cold. There were lots of rules like no alcohol in the room. Can see some point in that but on the other hand can't see any harm in a couple aged 50+ Having a glass of wine. Maybe at 50+ we should be staying in different places?!!

One staff member was incredibly rude and unwilling to help me with bus times, I believe it was because I am still learning spanish and not very confident with it yet. It would have been nice to for the staff member to at least try to help me.

beautiful setting, amongst the trees and beside a river! however, although the staff were helpful, they weren't very present.. no one at the desk when we arrived. breakfast was yummy, although slightly overpriced, and laundry was $4, which seemed too much. however! the beds were comfy and they supplied mosquito nets and a relaxed atmosphere.

The staff was wonderful and wanted to help with planning all excursions. They provided taxi rides and were very friendly. The rooms were quaint and clean. Great atmosphere!

• 28th Feb 2015

Fantastic place!!

Great beds, think the best so far. Really helpfull staff. Only one girl of the hostal couldn't Speak Any english, but that wasn't a problem for me. Only missed the availibility to use a kitchen. Defenitely recommanding!!

nice little hostel with good beds. showers upstairs were very small but warm.

The staff make this place great--they went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay and connected us with different tours in the area to do. The breakfast is good and cheap. The beds were super cozy and there's lots of hammocks. Hot showers too. Only real complaint was no lockers to lock valuables..however it is a very safe place. A must stay in Mindo!

Very sweet little place, we booked a twin room and it was lovely! There were hummingbirds flying about outside our window and the river running past made it feel like you were in the jungle! Great shower and comfy beds. No complaints!

Lovely location next to the river with wonderful wooden cabins that look out into the cloud forest. At times the staff were a bit hostile and unhelpful, and there is nowhere to lock away your things if staying in a dorm room.

all round just a lovely place to stay.

I loved my stay at Casa de Ceclia, especially my room above the river. Paula and the staff were very nice and helped me get to Mompiche on a taxi. Zip lines close by and tour of the Chocolate factory next door were so convenient and having rubber boots to borrow was great. I met lots of travelers there who also liked a quiet place to stay and it was an easy walk to everything else I wanted to do. You will like it there!

Absolutely beautiful!! Great location!

• 18th Jan 2015

Solo female traveler. Hostel was perfect. Great price for a private room that was clean and charming. I felt completely safe here. Lady who runs the hostel is great about helping you with anything you need. Would definitely return in a heartbeat!

• 16th Jan 2015