La Casa de Cecilia

Fabulous 368 Total Reviews
Fabulous 368 Total Reviews

6th Feb 2017

Wow, what a cute place! The minute I arrived, I knew I'd chosen the right hostel. I felt instantly calm having tea by the rushing river and lying in the hammocks upstairs. And I met loads of new friends in the dorm. Only downside - pricy breakfast! Eat elsewhere.

• annie66884356
  • USA, Female, 25-30
1st Feb 2017

This place is awesome. The rooms have big windows that look out at the river. The sound of the river as you fall asleep is amazing. Great location and helpful staff! I didn't want to leave our room! The breakfast at the hostel is also very good if you don't want to travel far.

28th Jan 2017
7.1

I mostly enjoyed my stay there except for the last night when a few inconsiderate people thought it was o.k. to talk and play music and kept leaving all the lights on until all hours and thus I didn't get any sleep at all as I was to get up at 6:00a.m. I had to get up several times during the night to keep turning off the lights and asked them twice to please stop the music and respect the other people. I think there should have been an employee present to do this in my place but apparently not?

• England, Male, 41+
26th Jan 2017
7.7

Paper thin walls all made of wood made room very noisy and even amplified sound. Had to ask people to keep noise down each night. Would not stay again. People were only chatting and laughing at midnight but impossible to sleep.. best showers in Ecuador so far.

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
24th Jan 2017

Wonderful place (we had a private room). Unfortunately you can hear everything from the other rooms (especially the one above) plus you have to look for the staff quite often. As a resident: it was weird that you have to pay for the taxes but you don't get a receipt for your tax declaration unless you pay extra. So it seems they just let you pay for the taxes but keep it for themselves...

22nd Jan 2017
8.0

Nice place with comfy beds and decent WiFi. Confusion when paying, they told me the deposit is comission for hostel world, not from our accommodation cost. But then explained that the extra on our bill was added tax. A tad confusing. Helpful staff and a great town.

16th Jan 2017

This place kicks ass! It feels like your staying in a tree house on a river right in the forest. Loved it

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Jan 2017

Loved this hostel! Right on the river so when you wake up in the mornings you have the sound of the river. Very easy to get into town to book tours or can book through the hostel. Staff are so friendly and helpful, breakfast is lovely, beds are super comfortable and your right next to the chocolate tour place! Highly recommend. Thanks for a great stay

• USA, Couple, 25-30
11th Jan 2017

Oh my goodness. This place is amazing! The rooms feel like home. The staff took care of me when I got sick. There was a really nice cab driver, Serbiet. Such a fulfilling experience, 10/10.

• USA, Mixed Group, 41+
7th Jan 2017

Beautiful place clean and the babbling stream and birds were an added bonus