La Casa de Dante Reviews

Callej�n de Zaragoza # 25, Paseo de la Presa, Guanajuato, Mexico

The ideal location to take in the beauty of Guanajuato! My favorite night at the hostel was cooking out on the balcony. The top balcony has a full, outdoor kitchen with comfortable recliners and seats all ready for your use! Dante is an artist and you can tell by how he has designed the hostel. He had a vision and he really made It come alive. There is not a corner of this hostel that is not beautiful. The place is kept clean and the breakfast is delicious.

Would definitely stay here again!

• 16th Mar 2015

Lovely place, cool people, good location, everything fine! But the best: MENTAL BREAKFAST

amazing!!! best breakfast in a hostel anywhere in the world. cool place and rooms, one of the best I've every seen. so friendly

The best was its breakfast and the cleaning ladies who prepared it, they were really nice. But the hostel is very expensive and is not congruent: showers were no good, wifi sometimes didnt work, im 1,85 m. height and my bed was 1,75. Besides, eventhough at the begining we thought it was funny the 165 stairs climbing, when you are tyred after a whole day, or you have heavy backpack, its not cool and it forces you to take a taxi. Not much social vibe, the owner does nothing for it.

Quite far out of town and pretty empty for a big place. Difficult to meet people. Shower always breaking. But room is nicely decorated and breakfast was excellent.

We enjoyed our stay at the hostel very much. It is very beautiful, clean and the rooms are big. The breakfast is so tasty and the lady who prepares it is very friendly. The owner gave us all the necessary information and even helped us with the reservation of our next hostel in the next city. I would stay in this hostel again.

The Staff were fantastic. Learnt a lot about the city from the staff. The view from the room and the balcony outside seating area is fantastic, it over looks the whole city. One of the best view i saw while travelling around mexico. the homemade mexican breakfast was fantastic and different everyday, which made it a very special stay.

I absolutely rerommend that hostel! the staff (especially breakfast ladies) were wonderful, great view especially at night, met great people there -> wonderful atmosphere + I booked an 8 bed dorm and got a double room with privat bathroom :D thank you!

Dante and his son are top geezers. Cheers for a great stay boys. Not to mention Mama and her awesome breakfasts! Great hostel!

This place is your best option in the whole Mexico. Maybe is not right in the center, about 15 mins walking, but it is very nice, clean, with tipical mexican atmosphere and the lady who takes care of the breakfast will make you discover plenty of original fruits/plates and enjoy very interesting and amazing conversations. Gracias por todo senora ranita :)

I highly recommend Casa de Dante. It's a beautiful hostel with a great value for the price. Like many other reviewers I agree with how delicious Breakfast. The only downfall are the stairs but I took it as a workout :).

It is really nice place to stay, although bit outside the city center with the need to climb up few dozens of steps. Dante is really nice, helpful, though modest guy. Breakfasts are extraordinary. When coming by taxi insists that the driver takes you to the upper street so you can walk down to the hostel.

Beautiful and charming! The decorations and panoramic view is excellent. You get spoilt with breakfast. Although it is away from the centre it is only a short walk! The stairs are a good work out and it is a nicer experience to be located out of the busy center.

Great location but maybe not for those who don't like to climb STAIRS. It was pretty okay for me. They provide the best mexican breakfast! I would definitely go there again if I go guanajuato again. The city itself is soooo beautiful too. especially at night!

I think the hostel is over priced and definitely not worth the money ($255 pesos for a dorm). The view from the roof top is good but there is a view point in town. I did get to do my laundry for free so that was great and the dorm rooms have large lockers and outlets by the bed. The hostel is also about a ten minute walk outside of town. Breakfast was good but not worth the money.

The breakfast is incredible!!! There is something different every morning which is a traditional Mexican dish. The ladies that make the breakfast are so friendly. Hostel is really clean, quiet and has a lovely roof top terrace and you can do your laundry there for free. The steps are really not bad and it is a close walk to town.

I have stayed at this hostel before without any problems. However, this time when I arrived, my reservation for two twin beds showed up as one double bed. This caused a problem because there were no other rooms available with two beds. So, we ended up comparing reservations and they were different, but had the same reservation number. Dante, the owner, couldn't explain what happened. He offered two rooms, but at a higher price. But, we thought he should have honored the lesser of the two prices.

Great hostel but too many stairs! The breakfast was great and the staff really nice.