La Casa de Dante Reviews

Callej�n de Zaragoza # 25, Paseo de la Presa, Guanajuato, Mexico

Quite far out of town and pretty empty for a big place. Difficult to meet people. Shower always breaking. But room is nicely decorated and breakfast was excellent.

We enjoyed our stay at the hostel very much. It is very beautiful, clean and the rooms are big. The breakfast is so tasty and the lady who prepares it is very friendly. The owner gave us all the necessary information and even helped us with the reservation of our next hostel in the next city. I would stay in this hostel again.

I absolutely rerommend that hostel! the staff (especially breakfast ladies) were wonderful, great view especially at night, met great people there -> wonderful atmosphere + I booked an 8 bed dorm and got a double room with privat bathroom :D thank you!

This place is your best option in the whole Mexico. Maybe is not right in the center, about 15 mins walking, but it is very nice, clean, with tipical mexican atmosphere and the lady who takes care of the breakfast will make you discover plenty of original fruits/plates and enjoy very interesting and amazing conversations. Gracias por todo senora ranita :)

I highly recommend Casa de Dante. It's a beautiful hostel with a great value for the price. Like many other reviewers I agree with how delicious Breakfast. The only downfall are the stairs but I took it as a workout :).

It is really nice place to stay, although bit outside the city center with the need to climb up few dozens of steps. Dante is really nice, helpful, though modest guy. Breakfasts are extraordinary. When coming by taxi insists that the driver takes you to the upper street so you can walk down to the hostel.

Beautiful and charming! The decorations and panoramic view is excellent. You get spoilt with breakfast. Although it is away from the centre it is only a short walk! The stairs are a good work out and it is a nicer experience to be located out of the busy center.

Great location but maybe not for those who don't like to climb STAIRS. It was pretty okay for me. They provide the best mexican breakfast! I would definitely go there again if I go guanajuato again. The city itself is soooo beautiful too. especially at night!

I think the hostel is over priced and definitely not worth the money ($255 pesos for a dorm). The view from the roof top is good but there is a view point in town. I did get to do my laundry for free so that was great and the dorm rooms have large lockers and outlets by the bed. The hostel is also about a ten minute walk outside of town. Breakfast was good but not worth the money.

The breakfast is incredible!!! There is something different every morning which is a traditional Mexican dish. The ladies that make the breakfast are so friendly. Hostel is really clean, quiet and has a lovely roof top terrace and you can do your laundry there for free. The steps are really not bad and it is a close walk to town.

I have stayed at this hostel before without any problems. However, this time when I arrived, my reservation for two twin beds showed up as one double bed. This caused a problem because there were no other rooms available with two beds. So, we ended up comparing reservations and they were different, but had the same reservation number. Dante, the owner, couldn't explain what happened. He offered two rooms, but at a higher price. But, we thought he should have honored the lesser of the two prices.

Great hostel but too many stairs! The breakfast was great and the staff really nice.

The hostel is just amazing! If you are a foreigner and want to visit Guanajuato this is a really good option. It is what you would expect from Mexico, beautiful rooms, classical mexican decorations and tons of mexican pink colour. Breakfast is much better than any other I got when I was traveling in Europe, you will love that. Though you should prepare to walk because the hostel is not that close to the center.

The place is really nice and clean, decorated in traditional Mexican fashion, and the staff was very friendly. You get a traditional Mexican breakfast served (included in the price), unlike the jam and bread other hostels give you. It's a bit hard to access though, as you need to either walk 150 steps up or 150 steps down to get to the place. Overall, you get great value for money!

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

This is the BEST place I stayed.. The owner and his mother are true artist, they paint and decorate the whole place really beautiful and stylish. The mother made the most adorable breakfast in the world, fruit in animal faces different every day, with local style freshly cooked meal..... The location is absolutely amazing, from their balcony you can enjoy the whole city view at one glance. Grab a beer, talk to your hostelmate, watch sunset together..Everything is clean...Highly recommend!!!

really great place off the beaten track. The family that owns the place is very nice. yes, there are bunch of steps but it makes for a great view. I would suggest this place for longer stays in town...more than 3 days.