La Casa de Dante Reviews

Callej�n de Zaragoza # 25, Paseo de la Presa, Guanajuato, Mexico

Really nice hostel located in a good walkinig distance to the city centre. The rooms are really beautiful and designed in a great mexican style, the staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms are very clean and the breakfast is great. Best hostel I've stayed at!

Don't let the stairs stop you from staying at one of the friendliest hostels in Guanajuato. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the breakfast is amazing. The added benefits include access to a washer and full kitchen. The balcony is also a great place to relax and enjoy a cold cervasa after a long day of site seeing.

Best and most beautiful Hostels i have ever lived in. Stayed there for a couple of days and very comfortable stay. Dantes, the owner, shared lot of information with us about city. Very good person. His mother, Irene, and the co-worker Diana, both were very nice to us. Since we were vegetarians, they prepared Mexican veggie dishes. Room was colorful and clean. I have nice photos of his hostel and mailed Dantes for a response but have not heard back. Hope he reads and responds back to my mail.

Great hostel, great breakfast and great staff! Although there are plenty of stairs that one needs to walk up, the hostel is very upfront about this.

I did my reservation through Hostel World and I received the confirmation mail but a few hours later the manager called me and he told me that there had been some misunderstanding and that the room that I had booked wouldn't be available so he offered another room with different characteristics. Once we arrived he said that the room we had initially booked would be available so we can change, we went to pick up the luggage and when we came back he told us that the room wouldn't be available

Adorably situated in the hills lining Guanajuanto, this perfectly equipped, clean and festive places provides stunning views and delicious breakfasts.

When the staff found out that we were vegan, they made the most delicious vegan breakfasts for us each morning. Absolutely fantastic! The meals at Casa de Dante are one of the main things I tell people about when I describe the beauty of Guanajuato.

• 27th Nov 2013

Stayed 4 nights. The brekkie is AMAZING. You get whatever u like and on top loads of interesting info on mexican history and culture if you like. The mum knows it all! Just make sure you get a room with a window, there are some without. Was very calm when I was there, lil people.

Not in the historical center and the stairs can be tough BUT definitely worth it for the warm welcome, the great view on the city, the beautiful bedrooms and the delicious and generous breakfast.

This is the only place I have been offered shaving kit, toothbrush, and hair dryer along with soap and shampoo. The breakfasts were authentic Mexican, from that region. I always had hot water, the staff was very attentive and made great recommendations for Cervantino Festival. The guide they recommended gave me one of the best tours I have ever had. The terrace is outstanding, great view of city, with binoculars to borrow. Each room is decorated in Mexican theme, charming hostal!

• 23rd Oct 2013