La Casa de Dante Reviews

Callejon de Zaragoza # 25, Paseo de la Presa, Guanajuato, Mexico

Casa de Dante is a friendly, lively and comfortable place to stay. In fact, we have decided to stay for a month. Most of the guests are young travellers from around the world. We are older travelers, but we enjoy the energy of the place and feel right at home. The bonus is the delicious, generous and very Mexican breakfast that is served every day.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Couple, 41+

as other reviewer said, breakfast is awesome. only the problem is there are so many stairs. If you have to carry a big bag or suitescase, I wouldn't recommend. Otherwise, I loved atmosphere.

The place is soo cool...Rooms are very nice and clean and beds very confy. There's no specific area where people socialize but there are many small communal spaces. Terrace is also very nice but when I was there is was completely unused due to the weather. Breakfast is incredibly good, like a fancy restaurant.

Most things are excellent. Roof is soooo nice. But wifi is only near reception area. I wanted to use in dorm.

Amazing breakfasts!

• 11th Jan 2016

The staff was very helpful in answering my questions about the city (and arranging for a taxi to the airport). The breakfast was delicious!

• 8th Jan 2016

Had a very nice stay at La Casa de Dante. The beds were comfortable and warm, with a big locker to store everything in in the dorm. Breakfast was delicious and filling, we even had a special cake one morning to celebrate 'El Dia de Reyes' (Three Kings Day)- the family who run the hostel are very kind and welcoming. The hostel terrace was a great spot to end the day with an amazing view over Guanajuato, definitely worth the steps up to the hostel, which aren't that bad!

It was the best hostel I ever stayed. I stayed here for a week & it's still not enough. I got a private room on the top floor & was totally amazed by the stunning view when I arrived. The hostel is super cute with many areas to hang out and meet people. I met so many great friends here. It's a family-owed hostel with super friendly and helpful staff. Every morning Dante's mother Irene, cooks amazing Mexican breakfast for everyone, everything's fresh and delicious. I really enjoyed my stay here.

very good hostel. Great breakfast. The cook is excelent.

There is no place to put clothes on in the shower room, which is worst design... WiFi is limited to tiny specific ar ea.

It's my favorite hostel!

Wi-fi area is limited and you cannnot use it at your room. Breakfast is awsome!!!

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Japan

Really great place to stay for a week! Someone might think the location is a little bit far from the downtown but I'll say it is okay to walk 15 mins everyday and it is absolutely climbing up back because of the great view on the roof of this hostel. Really great breakfast and all you can eat, great fresh juice with Mexican style main course, and they have coffee and fruit too. Will never forget my stay.

Beautiful pink casa with a great view of the city! ! Very nice and friendly staff. I loved the breakfast - so colorful and delicious. I had a great experience. Muchas gracias.

• 26th Dec 2015

Overall great stay. Breakfast is the best I've ever had at a hostel, don't skip it. Home cooked by a Mexican lady who is super friendly and will keep offering you more food. Fresh juice as well. Amazing views. The other hostel staff are amazing, giving great advice for Guanajuato and Mexico overall. Once saw a staff member carry (run) a girls large bag down all the steps to get her a cab. Only con is the location, a 50 peso cab ride or a 20 minute walk (including steps) from the centro.

First, the location is great and you will have a great viewpoint above the city. Before you have to walk about 170 stairsteps but you will be rewarded. The inside of the hostel looks like a labyrinth, and each room is very colourful and beautiful. The beds are very confortable and will looks new each morning. In the morning you will get a very tasty, mexican breakfast like quesidalles, a sweet sidedish and a tasty coffee. You can enjoy your coffee also at the hugh roof top terrasse :-)

Perfect hostel - The room was very cozy, had great decorations on the walls and was cleaned every day - I even found out my clothes were hung in the wardrobe. There was free drinking water in the kitchen and in the hallway. The kitchen was very good and the breakfast was nearly perfect, served by Dante's mother, and the nice 6 people round table where it was served - contributed to the conversations with the other guests. One minus - You have to climb many many many stairs to get there.

People say the location is bad, but I liked the walk as its a beautiful city. The wifi doesn't exist though, there is no dryer in the laundry so it took 48 hours to dry my clothes because of the cold and no sunny place to hang the clothes. It has no common area and no atmosphere to speak of. If I didn't meet someone on the bus there, I may not have met anyone!

The best was the kindness of Doña Irene, the breakfast is really awesome so don't miss it for any reason! She gave us free souvenirs at the end. The hostel is not exactly in downtown so you might take a taxi for going there but it's also good because you don't have to hear all the noise of the "callejoneadas" every night. What they can improve is that The beds and pillows were really uncomfortable.i If you are bringing your car is really complicated find a place where to park it.

Location is not the best (25 minute walk from downtown). The breakfast was amazing - different each day and the cooking lady was sweet and so nice. The staff were great very helpful. Not the best social hostel (hard to meet people). Wifi was terrible! only a few areas in the hostel that can get it and the rooms are not one. Kitchen was ok basic cookware small fridge. Great rooftop with an epic view. Would stay again.