La Casa de Dante Reviews

Callej�n de Zaragoza # 25, Paseo de la Presa, Guanajuato, Mexico

All in all, this was a great hostel. YES THE UPHILL LOCATION is a bit tough (but do-able!) but still very accessible to tourist sites and it was nice to be away from all that. The view is spectacular and the house itself is great too, you can tell they really took care in decorating. Dante was very accommodating and welcoming, super nice guy. I want to return to Guanajuato, and I know where I'll be staying!

This is such a beautiful hostel, with a great atmosphere and big, clean rooms that are tidied daily - there's also a traditional mexican breakfast included, with the menu changing daily. However, It's about a 15 minute walk to the town centre and there's some very steep steps to get up and down outside the hostel.

This place is great! It's super safe and far away from the noisy historic center, but close enough to walk to it. The down side was definitely all the stairs. If you don't mind getting a short workout everytime, I do recommend this place.

Oh my! I just can't say enough good things about this place! I stayed once 2 years ago & loved it so much I had to go back & stay again. The owner, Irene, is amazing & makes the best breakfasts! Coffee, fresh juice, fruit, main dish, even hot chocolate! You couldn't ask for friendlier staff or a better, cleaner hostel. All facilities are kept very neat & tidy all the time. The view from the balconies is amazing& challenges that of the mirador. Do yourself a favor while in Guanajuato & stay here!

Great view!! It is a good place to see the whole city. They also provide good breakfast, too. I will absolutely come back again!!

The family who run the hostel are lovely and very accomodating. They cooked a traditional mexican breakfast for us and the other guests each morning in their kitchen which was delicious. Ask for a top level room and the view from your room and balcony is spectacular. It is long and steep walk up the stairs from the street to get to the hostel but you can ask a taxi or get a bus to the street at the top of the stairs if you're feeling lazy. It was quiet during my time so didnt meet many other ppl

Despite the long stairs you have to take everything else is great! The people, the atmosphere, the food, truely everything. Recomended for sure.

• 1st May 2014

Nicely decorated house, with Mexican theme. Clean, nice ensuite with balcony. Breakfast included (didnt know that until check out). However not the best nights sleep I have had, bed very hard and pillow needs replacing. There are a number of very excitable neighbouring dogs, so not the quietest either.

If your looking for a warm, friendly and most welcoming place to stay in Guanajuato - than look no further than Casa de Dante. From the minute I arrived I was treated like family. To awake to delicious original breakfasts while sipping amazing coffee and chatting with the guests, owner and staff was a royal treat. For the owner of this place is a super lovely lady that truly accommodates any need you may have. And to top it off, the view overlooking Guanajuato was amazing. Muchas gracias

Really nice hostel located in a good walkinig distance to the city centre. The rooms are really beautiful and designed in a great mexican style, the staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms are very clean and the breakfast is great. Best hostel I've stayed at!

Don't let the stairs stop you from staying at one of the friendliest hostels in Guanajuato. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the breakfast is amazing. The added benefits include access to a washer and full kitchen. The balcony is also a great place to relax and enjoy a cold cervasa after a long day of site seeing.

Best and most beautiful Hostels i have ever lived in. Stayed there for a couple of days and very comfortable stay. Dantes, the owner, shared lot of information with us about city. Very good person. His mother, Irene, and the co-worker Diana, both were very nice to us. Since we were vegetarians, they prepared Mexican veggie dishes. Room was colorful and clean. I have nice photos of his hostel and mailed Dantes for a response but have not heard back. Hope he reads and responds back to my mail.

Great hostel, great breakfast and great staff! Although there are plenty of stairs that one needs to walk up, the hostel is very upfront about this.

I did my reservation through Hostel World and I received the confirmation mail but a few hours later the manager called me and he told me that there had been some misunderstanding and that the room that I had booked wouldn't be available so he offered another room with different characteristics. Once we arrived he said that the room we had initially booked would be available so we can change, we went to pick up the luggage and when we came back he told us that the room wouldn't be available