Superb 132 Total Reviews
Superb 132 Total Reviews
La Casa de Maruja BB Located at Jiron Las Esmeraldas 146, , Huaraz.
Peru
Huaraz 151 Jiron Las Esmeraldas 146
91% 132
-9.5013920 -77.5343048
    Rooms available

1st Jul 2016
7.4

Yes you get an egg breakfast but for the price difference you can get the same or better in town. The location is far from town but getting to town is easy enough, and it means the area is quieter.

23rd Jun 2016
7.7

A bit outside town but you can get a combi or taxi in and out. Nice place, absolutely lovely owners. Pretty quiet. Did their Laguna 69 tour which was good - cheaper to book yourself direct with the agency of course. Really good breakfast! Only real downer was the (new) cleaner decided to throw away my shampoo from the bathroom and a bad of food from the bedroom - owners were very apologetic and made an effort to make it up to me - I doubt that will be a recurring problem. Overall, recommended.

• misscuddy
  • England, Couple, 25-30
9th Jun 2016

I've given location 10 because I liked being a little out of town, we were looking for somewhere quieter. It only costs 80p to get a collectivo to and from town - 5 mins. The place is lovely, really calm and cosy. The hosts are wonderful people, we felt really looked after like being part of a family - we even got a hug when we left! There is a great movie room, well stocked kitchen and the room was awesome - double beds, en suite, sun terrace. The breakfast is excellent! One of my favourites ❤️

• Brazil, Male, 31-40
9th Jun 2016

A lovely place. It is a little bit far from the center, but the cab is inexpensive. I would stay in Casa de La Maruja again. The breakfast is good, with eggs, coffe and bread. The shower has a good hot water and the family that runs the hostel makes you feel at home. Oh, there is a cat that likes to jump in your lap and sleep. So if you are allergic to cats take care.

7th Jun 2016

Everything ok; People friendly; Like in home If I come to huaraz, I will come again to this hostel

• England, Couple, 18-24
6th Jun 2016

A great B&B on the edge of town, and the hosts are brilliant, literally can't do enough for you. The lack of any real common area meant the atmosphere was a bit lacking but apart from that this place was perfect for us, rooms are amazing and brilliant value for the price. We had a great stay, just don't expect to party here!

• Belgium, Male, 18-24
1st Jun 2016

The perfect place for trekkers and hikers wanting some comfort before they go on trips. It's run by an amazingly helpful, friendly and reliable family who are gonna help you in any way. I felt like home and stayed longer than expected. Rooms are very clean. Breakfast above average. Only minus is the location at 8 min by cab from the loud and chaotic city center so in the end it's better that way.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
1st Jun 2016

The owner was so friendly and helpful and spoke pretty good English He took us into town so to help us rent gear and also book two day trips for us. We had a private room with 3 single beds which was fantastic. Only down sides: 1. Hot water was not working on my last night so I had a cold shower. 2. Toilet got clogged so we had to use the downstairs public toilet. All in all, I would stay here again just for the friendly service. The host was fantastic.

29th May 2016

Most helpful staff at a hostel I have witnessed. The lady there made me tea and cares for me when I was sick. It is essentially a bed & breakfast (crepes) for very cheap. Downfall is that it is outside of Huaraz and no Taxis know how to get there unless you have the address.

29th May 2016

The family who run this are exceptionally lovely and will help you with everything you need. They let us use their family kitchen and Maruja helped us toast corn the peruvian way. The breakfast is good but be aware if you arrive early you are offered it but this means you have to pay 10s each for it on your checkout morning. This wasnt clear. The showers were piping hot but due to solar powered so not always hot when you want it. Rooms cleaned everyday. Collectivo to town easy to get and cheap.