9.2
Superb 151 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 151 Total Reviews
La Casa de Maruja BB Located at Jiron Las Esmeraldas 146, , Huaraz.
Peru
Huaraz 151 Jiron Las Esmeraldas 146
92% 151
-9.5013920 -77.5343048
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
21st Sep 2016

Everything was absolutely fabulous, Gilf and Maruja are wonderful hosts. The only issue I had is that the water in my shower was lukewarm and wouldn't get any hotter.

8th Sep 2016

Everything was really awesome and the staff was really helpful. Except i gave my passport and wallet to the lady to keep safe, and when I was checking out the lady wasn't there and the workers didnt know where my passport was. It was a very stressful moment but they eventually they found it.

5th Sep 2016

I cannot say enough good things about the Casa. Both Gilf and Maruja are amazing, kind friendly helpful and always willing to do whatever you need. In fact, I was ill and had to go to hospital and they arranged to take me to hospital and came with me to help with the Spanish. I had a private room which was spotless, had great bathroom and had amazing TV. If you want a quiet, clean place to call base during your time in Huaraz, you won't do better than here!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
3rd Sep 2016

I can't stress how friendly the staff is. Very knowledgeable and extremely helpful, kind, a very homey atmosphere. I loved this place. Everyone here is into hiking so there's always someone around to chat with, but it's a nice relaxing place to stay. Only a 5 minute ride into town and at only 1 sol. The owner even walked me across the street to help me flag down a taxi. The eggs are the BEST I've had in Peru. The shower is hot when you let it run for 30 seconds. Would highly recommend!!

• USA, Male, 25-30
28th Aug 2016

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in South America, Gilf and his family are wonderful and extremely accommodating. They upgraded me for free to a private bedroom and bathroom and were very helpful in booking treks. Gilf is a well known mountain guide himself and is very knowledgeable.

• England, Male, 18-24
26th Aug 2016

A beautiful peaceful getaway with the most genuinely nice owners you'll ever meet!

25th Aug 2016

The owners here are so lovely! They are incredibly generous and helpful. We felt very safe here, the rooms were nice, and they helped us arrange pickup from the hostel to go on trekking tours. The perfect place to stay if you are coming to Huaraz for trekking or other tours!

• Israel, Male, 25-30
20th Aug 2016

I enjoy my time here very much. the dorms are big and conferrable, the shower are clean and the water are hot and great. just a wonderful place to stay and relax between the tracks.

• dmcleish01
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
4th Aug 2016

A friend and I are backpacking around South and Central America and came across this wonderful little guest house. Some of the friendliest staff we have come across on our travels and wonderful facilities, hot water and a good breakfast Would definitely recommend this place for anyone travelling to Huaraz! Thankyou

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
31st Jul 2016

Excellent staff, great breakfast. Location is far away but I don´t want give bad grade on location because other parts are overwhelming.