La Casa del Molino Blanco Reviews

Misioneros Dominicanos y Juan León Mera, BARRIO SAN JOSE /subida a la Virgen, Banos, Ecuador

The hostel is located in a dead end street and therefore really quiet. The owners are friendly and helpful, breakfast is great value with home made bread and jam and different extras every day. After breakfast the well equipped kitchen is at disposal for the guests. Everything at this hostel looks new and it's probably the cleanest place I've seen in South America. My single room was nice and cozy.

Thank you very much my dear friend, was a pleasure to serve you and have you as a guest in my little Inn. I hope life gives us the opportunity to meet again, thanks for your nice comments and suggestions help us improve our service every day to every traveler visiting us.

5 months of travelling and this place was by far my favourite hostel. Located at the back of Baño (but still a 10 minute walk from the bus station) you'll spot the small wind turbine on the roof as you get close to it. Right beside it are the stairs that lead up to the Virgin statue and onwards up to the mountain trails, and the swing at Casa de Arbol. The owner and the rest of the staff are very friendly and helpful, and their excursions are competitive. Stay here if you are in Baño!

My dear friend, thank you very much for your nice comment, it was a pleasure to have you in my little hostel, and even sad to say goodbye. Thanks for your comment that helps us to be better and your suggestions always help much to the hostel. We hope to see each other sometime, remember the hostel is your home too. Thank you.

The woman never smiles or acknowledges guests &asked another colleague 'isn't she taking Spanish lessons? Then why is she talking English? (Not including me in the conversation,after a few days of Spanish and she is fluent in English).the man sits in the common room without talking &look annoyed if you talk to him& switched off the lights when I was watching a film without saying anything.I politely feedback to the owner that I found the rudeness difficult &they emailed me telling me to leave

• 15th Feb 2014

Sorry but your estuvistes hosted in some hotels in the city, and everyone put bad reviews on tripadvisor, including important Travel Agencies in our city. Maybe you have problems with the standard of care. My hostel is eco-friendly 90% renewable wind and solar energy. Energy must take care not to keep it, is our emergency power too. So we asked to take care of, too bad you do not like your help. I have always helped, looking school Spanish, I hope not to put bad comment on them as well. Thanks.

I had a very nice time there,I felt like I was in home,definitely go again if I return to Baños!

Thank you my dear friend, for your nice comments it was a pleasure to have you in my hostel, remember you have a house to return

The beds were really comfortable here. The facilities were very nice. The walk to get here is not far and it is a great view and is very quiet. Breakfast was good.

It was always a pleasure to serve, it agradecezco your lovely comments and suggestions to make the hostel a better place. We always keep our standards to help your stay the best! Thank you for visiting. We wish you the best luck.

We liked this hostel very much. It was very clean. I loved the bed sheets. They were white and from cotton.It was little on the hill but this way it had a very good view and was quiet. The staff was like our family. They answered all our questions and we even went to the circus together. They were nice. Jimmy spoke english and Elba spoke german. Well we had a good time there and we would go again if we have the chance.We advise everyone this clean hostel. Günes and Mehmet

The kind of place you're heartbroken to leave, really. Cleanest bathrooms and best showers you'll find in Ecuador, spacious rooms with awesome beds, nice kitchen with good breakfast served every morning. A very short walk to the center of this lovely small town. But best of all is the people working there. For Elva's smile, Jimmy's attempts at humour or Monica's dancing lessons, you should take your stuff and run to this place while there's still a bed waiting for you. - Nicolas

I felt like I was a guest at Elba's home with the tasty breakfasts, nice outdoor terrace and cozy bean bag living room. She even offered me a local hot fruit "colada" while we chatted about Ecuador. The bedrooms and bathrooms are very clean and the showers were hot. I was so comfortable the whole time! The hostel is a 10 min walk uphill from town but right at the foot of the path to hike to the huge Virgen de Santa Agua statue. That also meant great views of the town and mountains. Stay here!

Great hostel The lady working there is super nice and helpful There Is man who works there also who's not helpful and doesn't really know what's going on

View all Banos Bed and Breakfasts