La Casa del Molino Blanco Reviews

Misioneros Dominicanos y Juan León Mera, BARRIO SAN JOSE /subida a la Virgen, Banos, Ecuador

We really liked this hostel right up until check out, when they lost serious points. We asked if we could leave our bags in their luggage room while we cycled out to the waterfalls. Turns out you can only leave bags for free until 2pm and after that it's "late checkout" for $3pp! Admittedly this includes use of wifi, bathroom

Dear guest was a pleasure to serve in my small hostel, thanks for your nice comment and suggestion. But you must understand that in no country in the world will provide free use of the facilities of a hotel after the time of check out. It is insinificante the cost per shower, wifi, kitchen, using the toilet, leave your luggage, use of the TV lounge, videos and time is until 10:00 p.m. All this service is right for travelers leaving the night. Happy travels !!

Cleanest hostel ever slept in. Really nice beds, had 2 greats nights sleep. 10 min. from the city. Didnt meet anyone, the hostel was very quiet. The owners are not very nice, but the breakfast was good.

The hostel itself is extremely clean with comfortable beds, amazing facilities and is easy to organize activities through. However I found the atmposhere to feel more like a B and B than a hostel. The cleanliness of the hostel is clearly a big concern for management which I found to be a little uncomfortable. I felt awkward from the amount of rules that the hostel upkept, such as not being allowed to use the communal kitchen before 12pm and being charged if dishes were not cleaned immediately.

• 28th Oct 2014

Thanks for your comment and suggestions, but your comment by answering the hostel is kept clean and tidy, it is precisely because they care. The hostel has the time to use the kitchen until 11:00 pm near the kitchen because there are rooms to guests and ensure your rest, sorry we are not a party hostel which allow cooking at 2:00 am disturb pemitir other guests and property damage. It is a form of respect leave everything clean the kitchen so that other visitors can cook their food.

One of the best beds on My trip!

In a quiet neighbourhood with a hammock filled front garden, bean bag lounge and big kitchen, this is a nice hostel for people who like to relax. The on site massage by the owner is fantastic - there's a stunning new treatment room and he's a real trained masseuse unlike many "masseuses" in town! Only 10 mins from the central square and close to many trails and both thermal baths. Had a lovely stay.

Thank you very much for your nice comment, it was our pleasure to serve you and have you as our guest. Glad the massage I really part of the charm and was seeking to relax on your trip, look forward to hearing more news of you, and wish you a nice trip.

Jimmy was great! Place is a little walk up the hill, but that just helped us to walk off the delicious breakfast every morning. Wifi was nice and fast. When Banos was raining and we had a planning day, we cooked up a veg stir fry in the large kitchen and did some planning. Would definitely stay here again.

Thank you for your nice comment, I am very glad Jimmy helped them as much as possible. All your suggestions are important to the hostel, to improve our service. We hope to have notcias of you and maybe a return visit. Greetings from all the staff at La Casa del Molino Blanco

Super clean, huge bathrooms with hot shower, nice and family owned. Great breakfast!!!

Nice hostel. Beds were very comfortable. The breakfast is great. On sunday even with scrambled eggs. Good and relaxed atmosphere. Staff were super friendly and helpful. One of the best hostels I've been. I can only recommend it!

Thank you for your nice comments, suggestions and your visit to my small hotel was a pleasure to serve, always praised the passengers make the hostel is better and overcome each day. Wish you a happy journey! and expect a prompt return to our country.

Very kind and friendly owner, great breakfast (pancakes one day, eggs the other), awesome and clean bathroom with plenty of hot water. The only downside is the location since it's not in the center of town, but other than that it's great.

My dear friend and was happy to serve her as a guest in my little hotel, thank you for your kind comments and suggestions. We wish you a good trip and hope to hear soon.

View all Banos Bed and Breakfasts