La Casa del Molino Blanco

• Misioneros Dominicanos y Juan León Mera, BARRIO SAN JOSE /subida a la Virgen, Banos, Ecuador

8.5
Fabulous 204 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 204 Total Reviews

4th Jun 2017

great hostel. the breakfast is free and delicious. Maya the pug is unbelievably adorable. super comfy beds. the patio area with the hammocks is awesome. great showers. yes, a tiny bit of a walk to most things, but Banos is very small and walking is good! :) I actually really liked the location. anyway- stay here :)

26th May 2017
3.7

Our locked private room was entered, our stuff rummaged through, and money taken from my bag (although they did own up and give this back). The guy on reception reacted by being aggressive, condescending, and generally bang out of order. To rub salt in the wound, we were charged $30 for an accidentally broken paper lampshade when we left. The owner seems to be one of those people who is nice until things don't go their way - and then are just horrible. Be very careful if you decide to stay here.

24th May 2017

Location is a little far from the center, but easily walkable because nothing is far in Banos. The staff were all very nice and helpful and were able to help book any activity needed. The showers were fantastic! Best shower I had in all of South America! Great water pressure and plenty of hot weather. Washed my hair every night I was there.

19th May 2017

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! The staff were super friendly and cleaned our room and provided fresh towels every day. Breakfast was awesome, and they even provided for the gluten-free person in our group. We booked a few tours with them which were all a lot of fun and easy to do. Would highly recommend!

8th May 2017
7.7

A great place good beds. Jus a little bit far from town but ok. Breakfast was great and the wifi great. Comfy Hamaks

• heleena
  • England, All Female Group, 25-30
7th May 2017

Comfy beds, nice chilled atmosphere, clean. Is a walk up a hill which we liked (to work off the dinner!) but when you 1st arrive with bags take a taxi. Loved the hammocks and the dog maya!

• Germany, Female, 25-30
5th May 2017

Really the best hostel I've been to in South America. In the end I stayed several more days. Its owner keeps the hostel very well maintained, clean and tidy. I love this in a hotel, I feel like my home. The staff is very helpful has management options for any activity and I do not need to make as much effort they help me with reservations with excellent companies guaranteeing service, and pick me up at the hotel. Wuuuaa !! That's what I loved the efficiency of the service. They have a beautiful

3rd Apr 2017
7.1

We booked this hostel based on all the great reviews regarding the staff. However, we did not feel welcomed by the staff at all. Breakfast was good and we loved the movie room though most movies are copied with bad quality..

Thank you very much for your visit and your comment, I do not know more information about why it felt NOT welcome to the hostel. But I see you like the rest of the hostel service because you have not complained like the full breakfast, the cleanliness, the rooms, the 24 hour hot water which are a very important value. For the host as for the hostel is a little far and without logic the possibilities to understand through sensations or energies to qualify a staff, perhaps the staff treated him badly, did not give him necessary information?Maybe I need to explain you better? But only by a feeling is almost impossible. All the staff at the hostel are happy to serve you and satisfy all your inquetudes.

28th Feb 2017

My stay at La Casa del Molino Blanco was thoroughly enjoyable. The family who run it are very friendly and helpful and the pug is unbelievably cute. The hostel itself is clean and functional with a nice rear garden for an afternoon nap with a book. The hostel is not the most lively hostel in town, so if you want to party, look elsewhere. It is situated around a 10 mins walk from the town and is up a bit of a hill, so I would recommend taking a taxi if you are arriving with heavy bags.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Feb 2017

This hostel was amazing, the lady who owns it is so nice and goes out of her way to help! She organised all our activities and helped us book our bus. Couldn't recommend this hostel more. Clean rooms loved how the beds had their own chargers, amazing breakfast, bathrooms clean. They also have a very cute dog!