8.2
Fabulous 516 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 516 Total Reviews
La Guitarra Hostel Gdansk Located at ul. Grodzka 12, , Gdansk.
Poland
Gdansk 80-841 ul. Grodzka 12
82% 516
54.3542554 18.6603856
    Rooms available

14th Sep 2016
4.9

This is an average hostel with silly rules. Checkout is at 11am and we were told at 10:50 and 10:59 that unless we got a move on we would be billed for another night. We checked out 5 minutes later and sat by reception talking to another guest. We were told that if we did not leave the sofa within 15 minutes we would be charged. We're older (early 30s) and quiet guests. Staff seemed embarrassed to say these things to us. A very silly rule and a bad way to be treated.

• Poland, Female, 25-30
11th Sep 2016

Good location, friendly staff, nice breakfast included, clean and comfortable. Big kitchen with all facilities you need. Gdańsk is an amazing city. :-) Thanks!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Sep 2016
7.4

Enjoyed this hostel until my last day. They surprised me with a city tax with no warning, should have been mentioned at the start. I had a night bus and wanted to hang out at the hostel for an hour or two but was told I would have to pay extra. So I left and came back a few hours later and was there for maybe 15 minutes sorting my stuff before the staff told me I had to leave. Found that very rude. Apart from that the Kitchen & rooms were great.

• Finland, Male, 25-30
6th Sep 2016

Friendly and helpful staff, clean and tidy rooms and a nice location along the river close to the train station

• Russia, Female, 25-30
30th Aug 2016

Hostel is good and clean. Free breakfast is very nice as well. Like it!

30th Aug 2016
3.1

Location is average, atmosphere zero, a common room in the basement nobody in there, maybe you will be lucky in dorm. So far mediocre but what really pissed me of is how they treat guests. I booked 1 night here (for 50 zloti, 4bed). Next day I extended without HW and the girl charged me 80 (same bed). I checked later on HW there it was still 50. Told her that, she ignored it. After checkout at 11am I wanted to stay 20min in RECEPTION they told me I have pay if I want to stay longer inside.

27th Aug 2016

Great central location, friendly staff and good breakfast included. The bathrooms were dirty (but I did arrive at 8pm and they were cleaned by morning.) The rooms have the beds packed in: in mine we were 8 ppl in a room of 16 sq.m. This was OK for one night but I would like more space if staying a few days.

• Spain, All Male Group, 18-24
26th Aug 2016
8.0

Pretty alright. Squeaky beds but like pretty much everywhere else. The common areas are not super big, but what I especially didn't like is that they have one downstairs that doesn't disturb anybody, but you can't use it from 10 or 11 PM. C'mon, that's when we can socialize! Also it's cool that every shower has enough room for changing afterwards, but that solution made them have just 3 showers for like 30 people?

• Canada, Female, 25-30
24th Aug 2016
6.9

Washrooms could have been cleaner and better maintained. Staff wasn't overly helpful.

• Estonia, Female, 25-30
17th Aug 2016

Really lovely place. Super friendly stuff. Very nice and clean. We read the reviews before and were kind of hesitant at first, but when we got there we wanted to book for even longer. I think some of the people forget what they are booking. It's not a 5 star hotel, for a hostel I don't know how much more they could do, because it was at least 4,5 star for a hostel. Really recommend.