La Guitarra Hostel Gdansk Reviews

ul. Grodzka 12, Gdansk, Poland

The hostel and staff were in general a very good experience. However, I was feeling terrorised by the policy of being fully charged for a potential resignation. Normally hostels use deposits to minimise costs and that's fine. Here, my flight was to be diverted to another city in Poland until the last minute - and I still would have been charged 100% for a room they would sell as they knew I wouldn't come if I resigned. Is that actually fair?

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Poland

Horrible. Worst hostel ever. Staff unpleasant, bedrooms and bathrooms dirty. Nothing more to say.

Non flexible Booking policy...so plan good in advance.. Otherwise the Stay was nice

• 19th Mar 2015

Night staff told me that reading a book in the common room at night is not allowed, even though it hasn't been mentioned in their 34-paragraph long "terms and conditions". I emailed them to ask if this rule also applies in their other hostel, but they haven't replied.

With such a low price, this hostel is exceptionally good!! Its close to tourist attractions such as Crane and ul. Dluga. Although the building looks old from outside, it was good inside, with a well equipped and cozy common kitchen, one can enjoy cooking, watching TV and playing guitar here ! I will come again !

The hostel was nicely located, and most of the staff we met where really friendly and helpful. We even got free breakfast when it wasn't included in our price

Good value for money and excellent localization. We was there in february, so no thrilling entertainment and mostly basic service, but I'm sure it's allright during the peak season.

The recepcionist is rude and with bad forms. Be carful, we have problems with the money and the reservation

Hostel is located next to the Hilton Museum and about a 5minute walk from the Main Street. There are large lockers in the dorms , enough showers/Toilets and a common area. The hostel is very good, but i found the athmosphere to be a little lacking during low season. Most of the guests where polish and did not speak any english. I

The towels are not included, you must to pay for.... incredible.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Chile

We had problems with cancellation of wrongly booked stay.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Hungary

Great location and great value for the money paid. Would recommend to anyone that wants to visit Gdansk.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Slovenia

The breakfast was a little light, but considering the value for money I must say I was flattered! And the location was great!

• 20th Dec 2014
  • India

Really good hotel right next to the city centre and the river

Nice location in the city centre, helpfull staff, super nice kitchen - exremly well equipped, all in all very pleasant.

Clean, lovely rooms, a nice breakfast. I've given average for staff because when we arrived the guy who checked us in wasn't very friendly. We asked him where would be good to go for a drink that night and he just shrugged and said "don't know", didn't feel very warmly welcomed, it was like we'd woken him up even though we arrived at 3pm. The other people working were more helpful though, and overall it was a really nice hostel and I would stay again!

• 21st Nov 2014

Good hostel

• 12th Nov 2014

I am glad that i came to this hostel it is nice

Good price its close to river and Old Town