La Guitarra Hostel Gdansk Reviews

ul. Grodzka 12, Gdansk, Poland

This hostel is great. Good location, lovely staff, amazing facilities and your own locker to keep everything safe. Everything that you could possibly need is taken care of, including a good breakfast! For free!! Definitely recommend.

A well run and friendly hostel with a reasonably large room. The staff were efficient and seemed happy to help. Almost everything was fine expect for the bin in the bedroom which was not emptied regularly.

The staff was certainly not friendly or outreaching. Breakfast was very basic (toast bread with marmelade, cheese and ham) . The facilities were old and a bit smelly, though at the same time clean (no dirty spots). By accident I had booked a wrong night. I called 5 minutes after booking. They were willing to change the booking but only if I paid the original price, and not the lower actual price. The twin room offered had just a bunk, so we were offered a dorm (still for the twin room price).

The location is good and the private room was good value for money.

Awesome staying, staff very helpful. Very well located, and after your check out they can store your luggage for a couple of hours for free, that's really handful.

Really good experience at this hostel. Based on the pictures and other reviews, I wasn't expecting much, but this is actually a really nice hostel and I had no problems with cleanliness or the staff. I would stay here again, and recommend it. Only negative was the wifi really doesn't work.

The hostel and staff were in general a very good experience. However, I was feeling terrorised by the policy of being fully charged for a potential resignation. Normally hostels use deposits to minimise costs and that's fine. Here, my flight was to be diverted to another city in Poland until the last minute - and I still would have been charged 100% for a room they would sell as they knew I wouldn't come if I resigned. Is that actually fair?

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Poland

Horrible. Worst hostel ever. Staff unpleasant, bedrooms and bathrooms dirty. Nothing more to say.

Non flexible Booking policy...so plan good in advance.. Otherwise the Stay was nice

• 19th Mar 2015

Night staff told me that reading a book in the common room at night is not allowed, even though it hasn't been mentioned in their 34-paragraph long "terms and conditions". I emailed them to ask if this rule also applies in their other hostel, but they haven't replied.

With such a low price, this hostel is exceptionally good!! Its close to tourist attractions such as Crane and ul. Dluga. Although the building looks old from outside, it was good inside, with a well equipped and cozy common kitchen, one can enjoy cooking, watching TV and playing guitar here ! I will come again !

The hostel was nicely located, and most of the staff we met where really friendly and helpful. We even got free breakfast when it wasn't included in our price

Good value for money and excellent localization. We was there in february, so no thrilling entertainment and mostly basic service, but I'm sure it's allright during the peak season.

The recepcionist is rude and with bad forms. Be carful, we have problems with the money and the reservation

Hostel is located next to the Hilton Museum and about a 5minute walk from the Main Street. There are large lockers in the dorms , enough showers/Toilets and a common area. The hostel is very good, but i found the athmosphere to be a little lacking during low season. Most of the guests where polish and did not speak any english. I