La Nona B&B Reviews

Galos 660-662, Cerro Alegre, Valparaiso, Chile

Great breakfast made by Nona. Rene and Nona made us feel very at home. Rene was very informative about things to do and arranged to take us to winery area. Would highly recommend staying here.

Nice little B&B with great staff who treat you like family. Very helpful and friendly - walkable to many locations and restaurants. Great breakfast and down to earth feel. Not a party place by any means, but good place to call home while in Valparaiso.

Renee and his staff were spectacularly helpful with finding things I was interested in doing and helping me get there. Renee is very knowledgeable about the history of the city and current affairs in Valpo. Even if you are not on a budget, this is a place where you should consider staying if you are interested in history, culture, and current events in the Valpo region.

• 30th Nov 2014

Wonderful place and great atmosphere. Rene loves his job and does eveything he can to let you enjoy your stay in Valparaiso and to discover every single inch of this unique city. He also gives you information and advices on your next destinations. The breakfast is the best one that I have ever had in a hostel. I definitely recomend it!

Hola Carlo i hope you and your mother are good still travelling.....thanks for your comment Enjoy the desert is fantastic

Great location in town. Accommodations were basic but adequate. The bed and bathroom were clean, but the rug on the floor was not. There was no hot water in the shower for the two days I was there. Breakfast was plentiful - coffee with a nice selection of fruit, meats, cheeses, etc.The room I was assigned was right off the kitchen. As this is actually someone's home - a family with two new babies - I felt uncomfortable walking in and out through the kitchen, where much activity took place.

• 14th Nov 2014

Daniel, We are sorry to hear that your stay was not reflective of the fantastic service we strive for! We are sad to hear that you were so disatisfied and uncomfortable with the service we provided you, because my family live in the B&B, our home, trying to make it a nice, This information is written in our hostelworld description, for you to read before you make a reservation: “this is not a hotel it’s a B&B” If you got a cold shower why didn´t you say anything during the breakfast

This charming hostel was a great deal for it's cost. The staff was very welcoming and very helpful. This place had a great vibe and is in a wonderful location. Oh, and I wish I could have my breakfast prepared by the delightful "La Nona" everyday.

• 27th Sep 2014

There is absolutely nothing I can say to fault this place. Renee and his mum were super helpful and made us feel so welcome. The place itself is clean and cosy, with everything close by. This is easily the best place we have stayed in South America. Cannot recommend highly enough and would definitely stay again.

Rene and Carolina were excellent and attentive hosts. The room was spacious and clean, and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was comprehensive, copious, and delicious. Rene and Carolina were vey helpful in suggesting things to do and they even researched and provided multiple options for getting to different places we were interested in visiting. We had a great stay and felt like we were staying with friends.

• 13th Sep 2014

We loved staying La Nona's. Rene and his family were so lovely! Breakfast was fantastic - bread, cheese, ham, home made jams, fresh fruit, and real coffee! On our last day, we had to leave early in the morning, and Rene made sure breakfast was ready for us before we left (before the usual breakfast time). Rene even took the time out to teach my boyfriend and I some spanish (which we knew very little of). He also gave us tonnes of tips for Valpo and the rest of our trip. Really lovely spot!

La Nona is awesome!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Chile

Hola Luis, como estas, espero que bien. Queria darte las gracias por la buena onda y por compartir con La Nona Un abrazo, cuidate. Rene O

The owners are lovely! Feels like home I'd totally suggest this nice and warm place to go in Valpo

• 17th Jul 2014

Hey Mon !! Ciao, come stai. la ringrazio molto per il tuo commento. I hope you are good, I just want to say thanks for everything, we enjoyed very much you stay with the family.Cheers..all the best for you and family-

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts