La Serrana Reviews

Via Palestina, La Serrana, Salento, Colombia

While La Serrana might be a bit of a walk from city center, the facilities, staff, food and scenery make up for it. The included breakfast was terrific (2 options), WiFi was consistent and stable, water pressure was constant although hot water was lacking during peak hours. Beds are very firm and pillows somewhat lumpy. Friendly and knowledgeable staff will help with all Salento needs and the beautiful scenery surrounding the hostel is breathtaking. Enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend.

The most beautiful place. The restaurant food is incredible.

• 10th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

Wonderful place to stay in Salento. Would love to have spent more time here. Relaxing vibe and great people. The food on offer is superb and cheaply priced. Excellent place.

Great hacienda experience with spectacular window views overlooking the emerald green hills. Staff were very helpful and cooked up a great breakfast, beds were very comfortable with basic amenities. It felt like an oasis of calm and serenity and only 15 min walk to main plaza and close proximity to visit coffee farms.

An incredibly beautiful place with great atmosphere and people. Quite a walk from town, but you'll get a relaxing hacienda experience in return AND there is free popcorn whenever you like- both thumbs up!

Epic place to chillout, close to town (a 5 min jeep ride or 20min walk), great facilities, nice TV area, beautiful views, perfect location for tours (coffee, cocora etc), lovely staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, fun to chill by the fire each night, great home cooked meals

Serious misrepresentation by HostelWorld website. We had booked what we thought was a private room, but La Serrana showed us to a private tent. Now, admittedly, the tent was very nice, but it was quite a distance from a shared bathroom, especially if there was terrential rain. After one night we were switched to a private room, without fuss, in friendly fashion. But please HW, check your room descriptions against what La Serrana actually offer. They DO NOT MATCH and La Serrana were shocked too.

got horribly sick when staying here. Hit me the morning I was checking out. Only ate at the hostel so outside food can not be blamed. Ass pissing for 3 days. Not fun on 8 hour bus back to bogota. Ended up in hospital on a drip and heavy antibiotics. First time sick in 6 month trip of South America. Staff filling up water jugs from tap could also have been culprit. Totally unacceptable level of hygiene. Not only one who got sick during my stay. Avoid food and water at la serrena at all costs!!!

Very cool place, a lot of rules, but overall an amazing place to stay! The popcorn is excellent! This place books out every night!

• 18th Oct 2014

La Serrana is a great hostel with nice staff and bonfires! Be aware that it is not in Salento, it is a 20 minute walk to the hostel from the town square, but the view you get in return is awesome. The family dinners are great and in the weekend we stayed there (when the kitchen is closed), they had Carlos with his vegetarian truck to provide for really awesome food. Only comment is that one toilet (combined with shower) for the private rooms in the morning isn't much.

If you are planning to stay in salento, you should defenitely go to la serrana! Is just outside to town, but close enough to walk into town in 15 minutes. The surroundings are beautifull. The hostel is really clean and has a good relaxing atmosphere.

This was so fa the best hostel I've stayed in during my 4 weeks travel through Colombia. Just 2 recommendations for the hostel: - the staff at the reception could be a bit more helpful when it comes to planning activities or busses - a small locker for everybody would be really helpful (room 2)

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Austria

I had a great stay here. The location and the house are amazing. I really enjoyed the dinners at night. This is a good place to relax and to meet other travelers. Unfortunately I did not have time to do all the activities, but I hope I can return one day.

Great hostel! Only bad thing is it's a 15 minute walk from the city. But don't worry, this town is very safe at night. The staff were incredibly helpful. I had a problem in the pueblo and they helped to solve it, which was easy bc the owner knows everyone in the city. Quiet place. Not about partying in the hostel but more about chilling out. They sell wine bottles on site which were very popular.

awesome place! great escape for a few days to get away from everything! you will extend your stay!

I booked this hostel for the views and I wasn't disappointed. The only downside was the lack of warm water. I asked numerous times about it and it was never fixed. I did end up getting hot showers at the end of my stay though. Make sure, if you're a volunteer (like I am) in the country, that you don't bring your Cedula as a form of identification because they will try to charge you 15-17% in taxes at the end of your stay. I gave them my passport shortly after learning this.

Amazing location - double rooms next to the dining room are quite loud - especially in the mornings (rooster at 6am every day!). Great WIFI all across the hostal - great food in the evenings and chilled vibe. Dining staff were really excellent.

Quality hostel, a little trek out of town but it's well worth it! Foods on another level and the not overly pricey. Camp fire is good way to meet people at night, highly recommend la Serrana if your looking to get out into the countryside.

So relaxing! A little walk or drive from the main part of town but beautiful ranch style accommodation with stunning surroundings. We felt totally relaxed! Would definitely recommend :)

Great place! The breakfast is really good and served by the nicest ladies, dinner is also excellent for about $6/7 per person. The 4 man dorm we stayed in was great and had a great hot shower. Surrounding area is beautiful and this is a good place to relax for a few days.

« first « Prev 1 2 3