La Serrana Reviews

Via Palestina, La Serrana, Salento, Colombia

This hostel is absolutely beautiful. We booked 2 nights and ended up staying 5. The property is gorgeous and a perfect place to chill out, read and unwind from the hustle and bustle of the big cities. The brekky is yum and the dinners each night are so delicious and are great way to meet other travellers. Highly recommend stopping off at this serene place!

We loved staying here. It was the best hostel of our trip so far. It was really peaceful and dinner and breakfast was also really good.

Beautiful place!! Must stay here if you are going to salento! Staff are so helpful too.

Beautiful place. Great food. Absolutely wonderful!

Beautifully located on a hill 10min walking from Salento town. Clearly a backpacker hotel, but we were quite happy with our private room. Everything worked fine and the staff was very friendly. The on-site dinner option that you can sign up to was tasty and good value for money, but the night we ate there there was Îndian curry, not exactly authentic local food.

We stayed three nights here and loved it! It is such a peaceful, beautiful spot. The staff are excellent, and the location is wonderful - just outside of town but an easy 20 minute walk in. The breakfast was generous, and you can add your own extras for a small price. The dinner is DELICIOUS and so extremely generous, such good value for money. This place is a must on your itinerary!

I enjoyed my stay here in beautiful building in lovely surroundings but the hostel had a few short comings. our room wasn't cleaned once in four days, we booked a 4 bed dorm for 4 people but we're made to pay extra to guarantee we were in the same room with a key. it's a 15 minute walk to the town and a store. each night we were told to go to bed at 11 by the security guard. the breakfast and dinner was very good.

Amazing location in beautiful Salento. If youre coming to this region La Serrana is exactly what you want! The views are unbeatable, clean facilities, great breakfast, and it was full of interesting people to chat with. Felt like I was staying in a private ranch house, had awesome decor and atmosphere. Yes it's about a 20 min walk from town but the road itself is beautiful and the place is usually full so there were always people to walk with (or share a jeep with if you want to split for 6 mil)

Excellent hostel, with an amazing breakfast and good accommodations. Just 20 minutes waking from the main square of Salento, looks like an small farm in the middle of the mountains.

Located on a beautiful finca outside of town with an amazing view, you can't beat this hostel for its facilities (breakfast/dinner house, lots of common space, bonfire, camping area), friendly and helpful staff, and overall atmosphere. So much character to this place. Probably the best hostel that I've ever been in, only wish I could have stayed longer!

Nice hostel in lovely surroundings. All members of staff super friendly and very pleasant. Campfire in the evenings! Option to buy dinner too. Is a bit of a walk from town but we didn't mind. hostel is maybe a little too big making it more difficult to meet other people. But would defo recommend

great helpful stuff. Met a lot of cool people. big kitchen, clean facilities. The family style dinner was great(super tasty and had vegei opption). A bit far from the main plaza (15 minutes walk or6,000 pesos for a taxi). One of the best hostels I've stayed in!

Make sure that you call them after making a booking to confirm that you actually got the room you requested.

A great hostel that's out of town with amazing views of the surrounding tropical mountains. A good breakfast - plenty of fruit, good coffee. Beds are a little hard and I had no locker in the room. Well worth the walk to and from town.

Just Perfect!

Without a doubt the best hostel I've ever been to

Ahh staying in that lovely place is a must. I was hesitating because of the comments about the location but it's just 15 minute walk. The breakfast was great. The view was amazing. The camp fire after dinner was perfect for meeting people. Highly recommended.

Lovely hostel in a beautiful place, facing the mountains and outside town. Althought I made a mistake in the date of my reservation and the dorms were full, they found a place for us and made our stay a great moment. Thanks for everything.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Very nice hostel. 20 min walk from town but the walk is beautiful and so is the landscape around the hostel. Nice, big breakfast but the beds were a bit hard.

Ive stayed in La Serana for a week, it was amazing! Great food everynight and also breakfast (loved the pancakes!). The view is nice too. I slept in a tent which i found way too cold during the night, but the dormitories were fine. If you go to Salento this is defenitely the best option to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4