La Serrana Reviews

Via Palestina, La Serrana, Salento, Colombia

Serious misrepresentation by HostelWorld website. We had booked what we thought was a private room, but La Serrana showed us to a private tent. Now, admittedly, the tent was very nice, but it was quite a distance from a shared bathroom, especially if there was terrential rain. After one night we were switched to a private room, without fuss, in friendly fashion. But please HW, check your room descriptions against what La Serrana actually offer. They DO NOT MATCH and La Serrana were shocked too.

got horribly sick when staying here. Hit me the morning I was checking out. Only ate at the hostel so outside food can not be blamed. Ass pissing for 3 days. Not fun on 8 hour bus back to bogota. Ended up in hospital on a drip and heavy antibiotics. First time sick in 6 month trip of South America. Staff filling up water jugs from tap could also have been culprit. Totally unacceptable level of hygiene. Not only one who got sick during my stay. Avoid food and water at la serrena at all costs!!!

Very cool place, a lot of rules, but overall an amazing place to stay! The popcorn is excellent! This place books out every night!

• 18th Oct 2014

If you are planning to stay in salento, you should defenitely go to la serrana! Is just outside to town, but close enough to walk into town in 15 minutes. The surroundings are beautifull. The hostel is really clean and has a good relaxing atmosphere.

This was so fa the best hostel I've stayed in during my 4 weeks travel through Colombia. Just 2 recommendations for the hostel: - the staff at the reception could be a bit more helpful when it comes to planning activities or busses - a small locker for everybody would be really helpful (room 2)

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Austria

I had a great stay here. The location and the house are amazing. I really enjoyed the dinners at night. This is a good place to relax and to meet other travelers. Unfortunately I did not have time to do all the activities, but I hope I can return one day.

Great hostel! Only bad thing is it's a 15 minute walk from the city. But don't worry, this town is very safe at night. The staff were incredibly helpful. I had a problem in the pueblo and they helped to solve it, which was easy bc the owner knows everyone in the city. Quiet place. Not about partying in the hostel but more about chilling out. They sell wine bottles on site which were very popular.

awesome place! great escape for a few days to get away from everything! you will extend your stay!

I booked this hostel for the views and I wasn't disappointed. The only downside was the lack of warm water. I asked numerous times about it and it was never fixed. I did end up getting hot showers at the end of my stay though. Make sure, if you're a volunteer (like I am) in the country, that you don't bring your Cedula as a form of identification because they will try to charge you 15-17% in taxes at the end of your stay. I gave them my passport shortly after learning this.

Amazing location - double rooms next to the dining room are quite loud - especially in the mornings (rooster at 6am every day!). Great WIFI all across the hostal - great food in the evenings and chilled vibe. Dining staff were really excellent.

Quality hostel, a little trek out of town but it's well worth it! Foods on another level and the not overly pricey. Camp fire is good way to meet people at night, highly recommend la Serrana if your looking to get out into the countryside.

So relaxing! A little walk or drive from the main part of town but beautiful ranch style accommodation with stunning surroundings. We felt totally relaxed! Would definitely recommend :)

Great place! The breakfast is really good and served by the nicest ladies, dinner is also excellent for about $6/7 per person. The 4 man dorm we stayed in was great and had a great hot shower. Surrounding area is beautiful and this is a good place to relax for a few days.

Really nice place and awesome staff. People are mostly backpackers. Definitely the perfect place to see the coffee zone.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Honestly, just book it already. The views are amazing, the atmosphere is one of a kind, the breakfasts are fantastic and the optional dinners (13,000-17,000COP per person) are a great way to meet fellow travellers and are delicious. Of all the hostels we've stayed at, we've not come across anything quite like La Serrana. It is about a 20-30 minute walk from town but the Jeeps will take you there for 6000COP. Next time we are in Colombia, we will be going back.

La Serrana was a great overall experience. It's a 15-20 minute walk out of Salento itself, but it is located in such a beautiful place that makes up for it. The jeep taxis will drive you either way for just 6000 pesos. Atmosphere at the hostal is wonderful. Breakfast is very good, and so is dinner if you want to pay a little extra for that. The campfire is also very enjoyable. I will recommend this to everyone I know. It is just a great experience.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Norway

A lovely, relaxed spot in the countryside around Salento. You are a 15-20 min walk outside the main town, but this means you are in some very pleasant natural surroundings. Vibe was relaxed and friendly and accomodation good. Breakfast was a highlight.

Great hostel with beautiful common area to chill out. Breakfast is good in the morning as are the dinners during the week. Worth every penny!

Great place to stay with wonderful mountain views. It is a nice 20 minute walk to town. They offer dinners and free breakfast with add ons. Nice hot showers.

• 16th Sep 2014

Wonderful hostel in a fairytale setting with rolling hills all around, you really feel like you are on a farm. The private room was really cosy and with a view of the garden and surrounding countryside. The family meals in the restaurant (beautifully decorated with hanging wine bottles) were perfect in the evening, and the atmosphere relaxing and sociable. hammocks, campfire, and yoga classes make it really easy to enjoy the outdoors whilst in the hostel. Our for avourite in South America.

« first « Prev 1 2 3