La Serrana Reviews

Via Palestina, La Serrana, Salento, Colombia

Couldnt have asked for more. Beautiful place, excellent food, wonderful staff. The bonfire at night was nice as well as watching the fireflies in the field. Its 6000$ colombian pesos, flat rate, to get out there and to town, but its only an easy 15 minute walk. Couldnt recommend this place more. Very chilled though if your looking to party id recommend somewhere else.

Favorite hostel of my three week trip through Colombia! Dorms are comfortable and quiet, food is excellent, and staff are generally very helpful. It's easy to meet interesting people AND get a solid night's sleep.

• 20th Jan 2016

A beautiful location, the kind of place you could spend a whole month. Campfires every night are a cool way to meet fellow travellers and chill out.

Superb hostel, good vibe, rooms are ok, cleaned every day, dinners at the restaurant are nice, free breakfast amazing. The only three things its lacking is laundry service ( there are plenty in town, but still would be great if they had it at the hostel), hammocks, and a swimming pool (just a suggestion :) )also some showers lack of pressure, so its hard to have a shower. Other than that amazing place, the views are great, could have easily stayed a few more days.

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Lithuania

You should offer more excursions.

Everything was great, the place is really in a fantastic place walkable to the village but surrounded by countryside and beautiful views. The staff were great and I happened to forget my jacket when I left they ensured that it got back to me. Atmosphere-wise the dinners were not only tasty but also very sociable. It was also very secure with huge lockers big enough for whole backpacks. Also clean and comfortable.

Beautiful place, really didn't want to leave. Watching sun set over the start of the Andes before eating a delicious family-style meal, then curling up on the sofa with my book - or walking the 10 mins into town to listen to live music - all perfect. Small dorms, hot water, kitchen, reasonable wifi, huge breakfasts. Mattresses a little hard for my liking, but super clean sheets and soft blankets. Lots of info on the notice board for things to do, and getting around Colombia too. Thank you!

This is the best hostel experiencing I've ever had. Coming from the busy city, I needed some time to relax and this is the place to do it. Even though it's a short walk to town, it's the most peaceful and serene walk imaginable. Everyone who stayed there was equally impressed. I will definitely have to come back

Really nice and comfy place outside of Salento. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere (no party hostel) and friendly staff. The view of the valley is stunning!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! They are very accommodating and have incredible views and amazing family style dinners for under 5$ US and you meet cool people and their veggies come from their garden and milk from their cows. It's a little ways out of town but totally worth it. I loved the serenity

Great place, almost like a country retreat. The staff is absolutely lovely and helpful and they cook tasty dinner with available vegetarian options. The room are spacious and clean. I would definitely recommend this place.

Incredible place perched atop a ridge line with beautiful views. Could've easily spent another few days relaxing there

Beautiful setting although a 15-20 minute walk from Salento. Staff were helpful. Food was great. Social scene was a little dry when we were there. Ranch style relaxation. Dorms comfortable and clean, nice to have 2 bathrooms in an 8 person dorm!

I loved everything about this place, except some of the staff. We had a young woman in our dorm that worked at the hostel. She was terrible as a roommate. Spent 60-90 minutes in our bathroom, made phone calls at 6am to her mother and had another friend in our room constantly. We all complained and the staff said she worked and lived at the hostel and nothing could be done.

Great vibe and really nice staff. Enjoyed myself and meeting everyone!

The views from the hostel are stunning, the best I've experienced. Good crowd here when i stayed here.

A beautiful hostel in an incredible location. You have stunning views around you wherever you look. It's a little bit outside of town, around a 20 minutes walk on a quiet road. You can also take a jeep from the main square, it costs 6.000 pesos in total for up to 6 people. I can't recommend La Serrana enough.

Great hostel, located in a perfect location - if you don't want to be directly in Salento. The hostel is a 15 minute walk from Salento which is perfect. The view is spectacular, essentially wake up to mountain view. If you are staying in Salento, I would recommend this hostel.

Stayed in the tents which where amazing, great views to wake up to in the morning. Nice and quiet location, just a 15min walk into town. Good breakfast. Would have liked somewhere secure in the tents to lock valuables instead of having to keep taking things up to the lockers in the main house.

I wish I could've stayed longer! Slightly out of town but that's perfect as you get a great view, can have bonfires and there a fab restaurant on site. The staff didn't offer any tourists advice but then again we didn't really ask. We will be back for sure.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5