Lake Lodge Iseltwald Reviews

Amazing scenery!

Beds are very crammed. Feels like cattle.

The hostel in not in Interlaken, so it takes about 20 minutes to reach. The 10 bed dorms are very cramped, with 1 bathing room and 2 toilets for 50 guests. Since it is a dorm without lockers, security is an issue unless you book the entire dorm room. The person incharge of the dorm is very friendly. Although breakfast is available from 8 to 10 am, we got it even at 6:45 am on request. The hostel is located next to a lake and mountain. So a very Good view.. We were 11 ppl & stayed for 2 nights..

离城区略远,但就在湖边,感觉很好!虽然是公共卫浴,但整个房屋和房间给人的感觉都很不错!WiFi信号差些。

Staff was super nice. I got there early in the morning when check-in isn't until 4PM, but he still gave me keys to the room. One night I got back around 9 PM and he thought that I still hadn't eaten dinner so he got me Korean noodles. Bathroom is clean enough for me to just lay my clothes on any surface. Room is a bit tiny but I just needed a place to sleep anyway. Breakfast is pretty good quality for the price you pay for the hostel. If you're looking for a quiet, cozy hostel, then this is it!

• 20th Sep 2013
  • South Korea

Lovely place. It was really nice to have a kitchen and a little living room with DVD's rained a lot of the time I was here so was nice to be able to just hang by the tv and sit on Facebook :) Ps: bus you catch from Interlaken Ost is the 103 :)

I am IN LOVE with this hostel!! The location is amazing-- right on the lake in the middle of glorious mountains! And the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included and is very tasty.. STAY HERE!! They even give you a free bus pass for your stay back and forth to interlaken. And if you want to book any activities it is super easy- the hostel books them for you and provides free transportation back and forth from the activities. Highly recommended!

• 9th Aug 2013

My friend and I shared a private room. It was wonderful. Our view overlooked the lake (and yes, there is a restaurant that sits right on the water, but it does not obstruct the view) and the hostel was great. Istlewald doesn't have much in means of food or night life, but it's great for nature! We really enjoyed the free kayaking! We took full advantage of this. We would both stay here again!

Location is beautiful, you can get a free bus ticket from the front desk to take you to interlaken. Taxi was a complete rip off, so the 25 minute bus ride was definitely worth it to get into town!

Loved this place! It's not close to the main city of Interlaken but just ask for the free bus. It is limited though, only runs til like 8pm and make sure you buy your groceries before 6pm because the only grocery store in town closes early and isn't open for very long. But the place is absolutely beautiful! Free kayaks, really good wifi, free breakfast which is pretty good. However, no locks on rooms (not really) but it's pretty safe. Would stay here again!

WAIT! Don't book a dorm at this place if you aren't ready for a real dorm experience. We are experienced trekkers with 50+ nights in tight dorms, but if you're not, find somewhere else. Tiny room, everyone sleeps side by side. Roommates did not follow lights out and stayed up late chatting. No place for luggage. Sink backed up (disgusting) and took 2 days to get it fixed. Older place, near the lake, sadly no beach. Free kayaks are a plus. Breakfast is OK.

Staff are almost never available at the desk. This makes checking in or getting info or clean sheets very difficult. Breakfast was very nice.

• 14th Jul 2013

Not secure at all, anyone could walk in and enter your room- there's only one key for each dorm, kept in a glass box near reception, no lockers. Thankfully it seems like a pretty safe crowd around Iseltwald though. Dorm rooms were too small, with beds packed right against each other and not enough room for bags and towels. Staff not particularly friendly or willing to help. On the plus side, GREAT location and having the unlimited bus pass was also fantastic.

Our stay in this hostel was a wonderful surprise. Great location, friendly staff, clean and with a marvelous atmosphere. A place I would come back to. And certainly recomend.

The dorms were very small but on the other hand it was cheap. It's pretty far from Interlaken and the bus costs like 6 CHF(5 euro) and there were no free bus tickets at check-in because they had run out. There is no ATM in the town either and you can only pay bus tickets in cash so make sure you have some cash or you will have to walk to Interlaken like us (the hiking road was 3 hours but it was pretty nice walk anyway). Free kayaks to borrow was nice.

It was horrible experience. Not at all suitable for familys. . A weird smell all over hotel. A not so good kitchen. You have to wait atleast 2 hrs before you get your turn to cook with only 1 pan. Even towels are not provided and had to rent it for 3 CHF. There are very few plates to eat food. It is far from city and has only hourly connection to city/station. Will never go to this Hotel again.

• 29th Jun 2013
  • India

One of the best hostels we've ever stayed. The location is just great!!

Where do I start? The picture makes it look amazing and on the lake but it is neither! It is across the street from the lake which would be fine but there is no where to actually go to the lake. The restaurant across the street smells horrible and is so run down. The hostel is 30 min from Interlaken by bus which is horrible. the rooms are the worst thing I've ever seen. 10 people shoved into a tiny room like sardines. No room for anything! Never ever ever ever stay here!!!! Discusting.

Great location with amazing views. If you think the place is too quiet for you, check with the wrongfully quiet manager Rene who has been really helpful and always ready to party :-) I was a little worried about sleeping in a tiny bunk bed but in the end I over slept and staff had to wake me up at 11:15 ;-)

Hostel is perfectly located, on the banks of Breinzersee. Spectacular views of the lake and Alps in the background. Hostel is away from the city centre of interlaken(about 8km) and provides you with a free Day Bus Pass. So, one can park the vehicle in the hotel and get to the city via local transport. Breakfast is limited and provides guest kitchen facility. Better to carry some food. No private rooms available; shared restroom facility provided to all.