Lake Lodge Iseltwald

Fabulous 802 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
8th Aug 2017
7.4

Staff are lovely and the location is perfect, beautiful and peaceful. Unfortunately we were really let down by the uncomfortable mattresses and zero sound proofing. We stayed in room 18 next door to the 2 toilets and 1 shower and the staircase. We were constantly disturbed and woken up by the sound of doors opening and closing, the sound of people using the toilet and carrying luggage up and down the staircase until midnight then from about 6am. Such a shame as such a beautiful location.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
5th Aug 2017
7.4

This hostel was in a good location, kitchen as great to save some money! Security was an issue for me; there was no where to actually lock any items up and room keys were kept by the reception (free for anyone to take). Also, I was in a mixed 7 bed room and you literally slept next to each other with a little piece of wood between, rather than an actual bed. Lots of great seating to hang out both in the front and back of the building!

• France, Female, 25-30
4th Aug 2017
5.4

the location is simply perfect, just in front of lake brienz. I booked for a 4 people tent, 27 euros per night. At this price I thought it was a nice one. Huge mistake, when I opened it it looked like a REFUGEE tent, and so hot inside. I paid an extra to go in a 10 bed dorm. NO lockers, and the bed are SMALL and so close from each other, I you move a lot you might end up in someone else's bed. I had the worst nights of my trip there. Terrible value for money, I felt spoiled.

31st Jul 2017

BEAUTIFUL. Right on the lake in a tiny town outside of Interlaken. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The kitchen is great - fridge, shelves, stove, knives, pots/pans/dishes. You get a free bus pass for going to/around Interlaken, and can pay to get up to Grindelwald for hiking and amazing views. If you're in the tents, be aware that they're, well, tents - you don't have a storage locker or outlets, and go into the main building for bathrooms/showers. Overall fantastic, would love to come back!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
29th Jul 2017

One bathroom per floor. But location is amazing. Be sure to check local supermarket opening hours on arrival.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
27th Jul 2017

The most beautiful location !!!!! I loved this hostel and highly recommend it. Staff were helpful in booking all the adventure stuff we wanted to do, and the kitchen is really good and cleaned often. Bathroom and showers were also good! My only issue was the beds, we stayed in 7 dorm and they are literally just mattresses right next to each other which can be pretty annoying, and there is no room for ur bags or security ( we had locks ) stay in 4 bedroom and you should be fine !

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
27th Jul 2017

Although you do need to travel that bit further to get to the Lake lodge, it is definitely worth it for the location right on the Lake! The hostel has a great communal area and one of the best kitchens I've ever seen. Do note that it is very creaky so be prepared if you're a light sleeper. The shower to guest ratio is slim (only 1 per floor), and likewise there is only 1 power point in each room so that could definitely be improved but other than that we had a great stay!

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
24th Jul 2017

I loved staying here, the view is great and it's very peaceful, the only thing is that they don't have lockers if you are staying in the tents but I never felt unsafe, the tents are nice but it does get cold at night so bring your sleeping bag or ask for extra blankets and you'll be fine, such a beautiful place! Friendly staff and nice deals with the kayaks

• macallswensen
  • USA, Female, 18-24
20th Jul 2017

I would come here again and again and again. The bus drops you off right outside and it's on the lake in an amazing location! Staff helped me find great hikes and was really sweet. Really clean common area with lots of books and movies. Fun cafe across the lawn, big clean kitchen. I'll be back for sure

• Saudi Arabia, All Male Group, 18-24
18th Jul 2017

I have changed my reservation twice and their responses were fast and kind. I like it and I recommend it, their kitchen was very good too.