Lake Lodge Iseltwald Reviews

1st time in a hostel and wasn't sure what to expect, but it was clean and tidy, stunning location. Quiet at night. Lovely welcoming staff. Loved it, would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in Iseltwald/interlaken.

• 19th Aug 2015

Had some problems with the food I purchased being placed in the free shared area so please watch that I had written all over it as you requested. Reception hours are pretty restrictive. Gotta do something about the flies and I understand it's a lodge but there were some grimy areas. I loved the staff's welcoming attitude and the great vibes the place had! Wonderful atmosphere and great connections to activities in the area.

The hostel location was amazing and so were the people I met there. However, the amount of bugs inside flying around was definitely a turn off. There was no real room security to lock up your back pack. There was only 1 key for the entire room downstairs which everyone in the hostel had access to. The beds were not up to par with hostels I have stayed at Rome, Florence, and Munich.

• 13th Aug 2015

Most beautiful location for a hostel imaginable. I got there and I could not believe it. Felt like it should be the location of a 5 star hotel. Absolutely incredible.

This hostel is located in an amazing part of the world, the staff were always willing to help with travel plans and answer any questions I had. Would definitely stay in this hostel again if I am in this part of the world again.

It was awful. I stayed in 10 mixed beds room, and it's too small to open my luggage. It's really far from the Interlaken ost. and there is only one bus in an hour. The kitchen was dirty and there are only few restrooms. The view is great. But the facilities are really bad.

We could hardly believe that this place was real!! Everything was perfect and so affordable for what we were getting!!! The staff was lovely and helpful! And there were so many things to do that they help you book right there! There is a curfew which can be tricky if you arrive later as the reception desk closes, however that was really no problem and it the perfect spot to relax alone or with your family or lover! Very romantic! Were going back ASAP!

I enjoyed my stay here. I booked the night before and thought I had booked two beds for my friend and I but accidentally booked a single. The owner was very nice and allowed us to both stay in the single for just s few extra dollars. Wifi only works on the first floor which kind of stunk. The location is beautiful but about 20 minutes away from interlaken by bus and the busses stop running at 9 which didn't give us a chance to explore Interlaken's night life. There were also a lot of children.

The hostel was really nice with a great view of the lake. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great directions to the place from the train station. My only complaint is the 10mix dorm room was not advertised that it wouldn't be bunk beds. I was very surprised at how we all had to sleep side by side on the floor; but I survived ;) The other rooms I saw looked really nice. I would defiantly recommend this place but not that particular room.

Good location of the lake next to a good hiking trail. If you plan on doing a lot of stuff in Interlake or the mountain region you will need to catch the bus. It is free and doesn't take to long (appox. 20 min each way). For the price it was a good option.

Literally loved this place. I stayed in a tent out back and I think it was my favorite stop in a 6 week trip. The tents are supposedly the ones they use at the base camp of mt. Everest. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend it.

We spent 3 days at Lake Loge, looking back now I only wish I had been longer! Out all the places we have stayed so far this was by far the best! Great views, loads of activities to get stuck into and real nice people all willing to help you out. Only draw back the wifi didn't reach our room but because of the atmosphere this place had, itdidn't bother us to much and it work and fine down in the common room. I would definit oh say here agin.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Although the staff was very nice, the rooms were not what I expected. There was not enough are for everyone in my room to have their luggage in the room so my friend and I left our backpacks in the hallway. Also, the shower would clog up after two minutes of use. Overall an uncomfortable stay, there needs to be less people in each room to make it worth it especially since it was far away from town.

• 14th Jul 2015

Very beautiful place by the lake. You even don't need to visit other place. Stay in hostel is cozy and beautiful enough. Good kitchen, can save you a lot of money. The traffic is a some problem. Only one bus in one hour to go there and stop in 9.00pm. But the bus is driving along the lake, so it's another amazing view.

Our rail passes were taken from our room this hostel. There wasn't a very secure way to keep important documents like that in our room, and we had a double to ourselves. The group of people at the hostel was a weird mix and not very welcoming. We also found the kitchen not very well kept and the showers was filthy. Location was beautiful, but for the price, I'd rather do airbnb next time. Very disappointing.

• 14th Jul 2015

Beautiful area, breathtaking mountains, lots of activities. Hostel had lots of flys which was definitely a downside. On the plus side it had a kitchen for cooking which was nice. Switzerland is quite expensive so saving money by cooking was nice. Undoubtedly my favorite place on my 2 month Backpacking trip. MUST SEE.

The lake lodge was one of the best hostels I've stay in! It was super social and in the most beautiful place. I made so many friends here! Everyone warns that switzerland is so expensive, but because of the lake lodge'a kitchen, everyone was able to cook their own food from the supermarket nearby! I highly recommend this hostel if you want to meet people as well as be one of the most beautiful spots

• 13th Jul 2015

Far away from Interlaken Ost Train Station, there is no locker in the room, beds were too small for 7 persons but if you wanna stay in quiet area, you may like this hostel.

I love the hostel itself,the staff was super nice and the facility is also good because lot of bathroom and showers. The con's is way too loud at night, I just try to had a good night sleep, but there was 10+ Koreans talking outside my room for couple hours until 2 am, and the window was broken, which I can heard 100% wat they saying. Also, only one key for a four ppl room, so my roommate who is Korean open the room for his friends for short cut all the time. Awesome for partying, but not rest.

• 12th Jul 2015

verry nice hostel in the nice place. The ambiance is friendly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4