Lake Lodge Iseltwald Reviews

Absolutley stunning. A little out of the centre of interlaken but i could wake up to that view every morning for eternity. Easy enough to catch the bus straight into the centre and you get a bus ticket on arrival which saves you alot of money as the buses are expensive. Pascal the girl at the desk was wonderful and very helpful. I shall be back one day, ill make sure of it.

located in a tiny town about 15 minute drive from Interlaken. Good if you have a car, offers free bus tickets if you don't. It sits on a beautiful lake. Kayak rental available. Information on the whole region and all activities available. Helpful staff. We stayed in the private room and it was large and nice and warm. The bathrooms are good. There are 2 toilets and a shower on each floor. The kitchen is big and easy to share cooking. Recommended.

This place is great. Yes it is outside of Interlaken , but the bus is only 20 minutes out. This place is right on the lake & it's GORGEOUS! If I ever come back to Switzerland I will be stopping here. The girls who run the place are SO SO SO helpful & really make you feel at home. Its such a cozy place. Would recommend if you don't mind not staying in the city:)

It was the perfect place to stay. The view to the lake was incredible!! Everyone was very nice.

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Portugal

This Hostel was wonderful, small town off this amazingly beautiful lake, the staff was so friendly & offered a kayak rental which I had a great time all day kayaking on the lake. Definitely buy food & cook in the hostel kitchen bc eating out in Switzerland is expensive & there are not many options (especially for vegetarians).

Great hostel. Outside of Interlaken so you get that beautiful Swiss country feel surrounded by the lake and mountains free transport, if you want to go out in Interlaken at night this isn't the place for you. Great vibes, everyone around at night to watch movies, chat, plan the next day, etc. The best staff! Super helpful, Babs is awesome! Slept in a shared 7, the beds touch so might be weird depending on how picky you are. No complaints! Highly recommend!

Great front desk. So helpful. Thank you Barbara! Great location, beautiful lake, easy access, just not easy access to the city. Ouch! 50 euro night cab.

Though my stay here was a positive experience, I would not stay here again. Lake Lodge IS NOT IN INTERLAKEN!!! So booker beware. It is in Iseltwald which is a 20 minute bus ride from Interlaken so if you want to stay in the city and be close to things- do not stay here. Though the view from the hostel is beautiful (it's right on the lake) it is not the most beautiful this area has to offer. I would have much rather have stayed in Murren or Grindenwald if I were choosing a small town like this.

1st time in a hostel and wasn't sure what to expect, but it was clean and tidy, stunning location. Quiet at night. Lovely welcoming staff. Loved it, would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in Iseltwald/interlaken.

• 19th Aug 2015

Had some problems with the food I purchased being placed in the free shared area so please watch that I had written all over it as you requested. Reception hours are pretty restrictive. Gotta do something about the flies and I understand it's a lodge but there were some grimy areas. I loved the staff's welcoming attitude and the great vibes the place had! Wonderful atmosphere and great connections to activities in the area.

The hostel location was amazing and so were the people I met there. However, the amount of bugs inside flying around was definitely a turn off. There was no real room security to lock up your back pack. There was only 1 key for the entire room downstairs which everyone in the hostel had access to. The beds were not up to par with hostels I have stayed at Rome, Florence, and Munich.

• 13th Aug 2015

Most beautiful location for a hostel imaginable. I got there and I could not believe it. Felt like it should be the location of a 5 star hotel. Absolutely incredible.

This hostel is located in an amazing part of the world, the staff were always willing to help with travel plans and answer any questions I had. Would definitely stay in this hostel again if I am in this part of the world again.

It was awful. I stayed in 10 mixed beds room, and it's too small to open my luggage. It's really far from the Interlaken ost. and there is only one bus in an hour. The kitchen was dirty and there are only few restrooms. The view is great. But the facilities are really bad.

We could hardly believe that this place was real!! Everything was perfect and so affordable for what we were getting!!! The staff was lovely and helpful! And there were so many things to do that they help you book right there! There is a curfew which can be tricky if you arrive later as the reception desk closes, however that was really no problem and it the perfect spot to relax alone or with your family or lover! Very romantic! Were going back ASAP!

I enjoyed my stay here. I booked the night before and thought I had booked two beds for my friend and I but accidentally booked a single. The owner was very nice and allowed us to both stay in the single for just s few extra dollars. Wifi only works on the first floor which kind of stunk. The location is beautiful but about 20 minutes away from interlaken by bus and the busses stop running at 9 which didn't give us a chance to explore Interlaken's night life. There were also a lot of children.

The hostel was really nice with a great view of the lake. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great directions to the place from the train station. My only complaint is the 10mix dorm room was not advertised that it wouldn't be bunk beds. I was very surprised at how we all had to sleep side by side on the floor; but I survived ;) The other rooms I saw looked really nice. I would defiantly recommend this place but not that particular room.

Good location of the lake next to a good hiking trail. If you plan on doing a lot of stuff in Interlake or the mountain region you will need to catch the bus. It is free and doesn't take to long (appox. 20 min each way). For the price it was a good option.

Literally loved this place. I stayed in a tent out back and I think it was my favorite stop in a 6 week trip. The tents are supposedly the ones they use at the base camp of mt. Everest. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend it.

We spent 3 days at Lake Loge, looking back now I only wish I had been longer! Out all the places we have stayed so far this was by far the best! Great views, loads of activities to get stuck into and real nice people all willing to help you out. Only draw back the wifi didn't reach our room but because of the atmosphere this place had, itdidn't bother us to much and it work and fine down in the common room. I would definit oh say here agin.

• 20th Jul 2015