Langholmens Vandrarhem STF/HI Reviews

Langholmsmuren 20, Box 9116, Stockholm, Sweden

Great hostel! Cheap, clean, and a nice concept. Breakfast was amazing!

• 18th Jan 2016
  • Wales

Langholmen is on a cute little island, close to the water and with a unique theme, the prison. The staff are really what make it though. So friendly and helpful, and able to help and provide information about the city and transport. The breakfast is also delicious! Just remember to bring sheets.

The hostel is a former prison. It is the most important for me. Location is not good. You have to take metro train every time. The walk way to the city center takes one hour approximately. The staff was very nice and friendly. I didn't like atmosphere as well. If you travel alone, the stay here will be boring.

I did not realize it is a prison museum until l check-in,it is so awesome!living in a cell would be my best experience in my life!also the breakfast is quite good!

A lovely place to stay, it really exceeded my expectations. It is also very central.

I love this hostel. I stayed here a few years ago when I visited Stockholm and made sure to stay again on my recent visit to the city. Clean, quiet, fun. Yes there are sometimes families staying, and children, but for me this was good as it meant a higher standard and frankly a break from the party atmosphere of many other hostels. I plan to stay again on my next visit to Stockholm.

Really great facilities but a bit out of the way from Central Stockholm. It also doubles as a hotel so staff were more geared towards older guests vs young travelers. We asked what a good walking tour was and the staff said they didn't know any but could Google one for us - which is fine and nice that they offered but ... not very hostel-y.

The rooms were very spacious, the bathrooms were very clean, and the reception was so friendly. I felt so comfortable at this hostel.

• 30th Sep 2015

Loved this stay. It was such a special place. Perfect for a solo traveler who's looking for a less traveled path. I loved walking the island and it was a super easy walk/bus ride away from many fun things. Wish I could've stayed longer. Would love to come back in the Summer!

Location was a bit out of the centrecentre/soedermalm proper so may be a bit quiet for some but the building and rooms were brilliant. They have really made the most out of the prison setting.

It was a beauriful Hotel, which was very good value on top of it. Special place because it is basically in a museum and used to be a prison.

Very nice location and fantastic breakfast, but had to pay for sheets and towel as as breakfast. Given the room rate this was a surprise. Private Room quite small but beautiful ensuite bathroom. Hostel staff pleasant but not overly helpful.

I have stayed at this hostel twice before [the first time when I had a young family], and I was not disappointed this time.The location on Langholmen is beautiful, almost rural, yet you are near a busy city. The reception staff are really helpful, the breakfast very good value, and the ''cells'' give it character, and are fascinating for children.

• 8th Aug 2015