Langholmens Vandrarhem STF/HI Reviews

Langholmsmuren 20, Box 9116, Stockholm, Sweden

Lockers provided in the 8 bed dorm could not even fit my small backpack. The hostel is filled with families or weird 50 year old men. If you're looking for a hostel with young people in it, this isn't the one to go for. Location wise, it is a 10 minute walk from the nearest metro station and about a 4.5km away from central station. The hostel is quite clean and the beds were comfy however overall I was a little disappointed with my stay.

Hotel/hostel was a former jail on the island of Langholm if you want a good stay i recommand this hostel. Staff taking time to answer questions and the island itself is perfect for running. It has more a vibe from a hotel which it is partly than a hostel. Breakfast was great.

Very nice hostel with a special charm. The interior is very modern and is almost hotel-standard! Breakfast buffet is splendid as well!

The staff vas very helpfull and nice people. The toilets and the bathroomes was cleane, but there was to many anoying families with anoying children, there not should stay there, with suth anoying children. The beds was to small and to hard to sleep on, for that value of money the beds was not very good and the roomes was to small. The kitchen was good, but the computer and the internet to slow.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

Langholmens Vandrarhem is certainly an original and quirky place to stay and if you have never spent a night or two in a prison cell these are at the luxury end of the market!! Reception staff friendly and helpful. Good breakfast but evening restaurant closed for the summer so nearest restaurants about 15 minutes walk away and were very busy. Considering how expensive accommodation in Stockholm is, the hostel is good value for money.

• 7th Jul 2015

Great fun at Langholmens! The prison history is really unique and very interesting. The staff were incredibly helpful, which was great, needed some help a couple times and they were very friendly and happy to accomodate. The hostel rooms, despite being prison cells, were actually a lot more comfortable than most other hostel dorms I have stayed in! Yes, a bit out of the city centre but the walk really isn't that bad--lovely to walk along the water, beautiful stroll past the marina.

Good but I didn't get the room I booked for the first night (8 beds instead of 4 beds room). Fortunately, I have been transferred in the right room the following day.

I really enjoyed my stay here! The hostel is clean, steeped in history, and full of very nice, helpful staff. The island itself is absolutely beautiful and perfect to just stroll around or relax on the beach, and it's a pleasant 15 minute walk to Hornstul subway.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Very nice staff, nice bathrooms, nice beds (though they looked a little dirty), but the breakfast is not a good value for the money.

• 26th Jun 2015

Really cool hostel, incredible brunch breakfast, peaceful location. We rented kayaks just 200ft from the hostel and rode around- it was beautiful. The jail museum was cool too. Not a party hostel, but fun experience for a night.

The wifi wouldn't work in our room during the evenings, but other than that we really liked our stay. It was also odd having people outside your room while walking to and from the restroom, but if they didn't mind me in my PJs, I didn't mind staying in a museum.

• 19th Jun 2015

I have stayed there twice before and would always stay there whenever I am am in Stockholm

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

staffs are nice, facilities are nice. The island is so beautiful. I felt like i was in a postcard. The location is good too. It takes about only 5-8min to metro. It is not even far from central. I always rode a bike instead of taking a metro. You can see amazingly beautiful view on the top of the bridge on the way to central. Plus, it can be a special memory sleeping in the ex-jail ;p

Would fully recommend this place free entrance to prison museum on site comfy beds AMAZING breakfast, extremely friendly and helpful staff, especially Martin who retrieved my partner's phone for him. Even the odd sound of boots and keys jangling outside your room at night.

Incredible setting and location, the staff didn't seem the apples bunch in the world though and we got charged a lot for wanting them to provide bedding

Amazing place, very interesting to stay in an old jail. Very recommended.

great room, really big & on suite was massive, loved the place was very interesting to explore. quiet hostel, had large kitchen area but no lounge. shame had to pay to use computers. 10 minute walk to station, staff are really nice

We loved this place and stayed one night for the novelty value. We got one of the basic dorms, in a wing with shared shower/WC but none of us were expecting en suite so no bother. We liked the large kitchen area. Due to the nature of the island as a former prison some facilities feel lacking (walk to public transport etc) but honestly we had anticipated these before we booked because we have common sense!