Langholmens Vandrarhem STF/HI Reviews

Langholmsmuren 20, Box 9116, Stockholm, Sweden

Staff is very friendly and helpful, place and bathrooms clean and nice, comfortable bed. Unique experience and I would definitely go back.

• 25th Oct 2014

The hostel is nice, clean and in a good position. It has an interesting history and the sourrounding of the island are beautiful. It is also quite compared to other hostel I've been to and that was perfect for me, who want to enjoy and relax without noise. The room are simple, but clean and spacious ( I was in a 4 bed dorm). Would definitely recommend it. Only thing to me: bed sheets should be included in the price!

• 11th Oct 2014

I was happy with my stay. I liked the room very much - more space than what I expected for a converted cell, with a large bathroom, safe, and TV. The wi-fi connection was consistent. The location was great, as it was near a T station. It would have been less convenient if I had resolved to get everywhere by foot though. It felt very safe walking to and from the hostel early in the morning or late at night. I did not use the kitchen or restaurant but it was good to know they were available.

Such a cool place to stay in. It's well worth the hike to get there. The island it's on is beautiful. My group stayed one night and then 2 nights in downtown Stockholm. Perfect itinerary. Great showers. Very clean. Small rooms but that's the point....it's a prison.

It's a welcoming and interesting place to stay!

Very unique setting! Not for those who may be claustrophobic, but if you are looking for a taste of history while still having access to modern conveniences, then this is the place for you.

• 27th Aug 2014

Magnificent place, incredible history... too, too bad I didn't have time to stay for more than 8 hours. Hence the short review. Thank you for allowing me to make a reservation 3 hours prior to arriving. I will come back.

• 24th Aug 2014

This is a cracking place to stay. It had all the atmosphere of the old prison but was very well-equipped as a hostel, clean and spacious. Some reviews have suggested the bedrooms are too small. All we can say is that we were a family of four (two big teen sons) and we thought the room was great - plenty of space so sit, chat and even watch TV. It's not in the city centre but that was exactly what we wanted. Highly recommended!!

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

So funny to rent a cell! With the beach nearby a great place to stay in summer and relax after a day full of sightseeing and shopping. But if you look for a backbacker hostel to meet a funny crowd this is not the place to be.It feels more like a hotel and the common room is very small. But over all I really had a good time there and will go there again while visiting Stockholm.

I enjoyed staying at this hostel. I LOVED the location on Långholmen! A lovely place to walk around in the evenings, and it has some excellent views of the Stockholm skyline. The distance from the city centre didn't bother me at all. I had lovely 45 minute walks along the water getting to the Gamla Stan. But Långholmen is right next to Hornstull, a very hip and vibrant area for younger people especially. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone!

Top-3 of hostels I have visited. Amazing location, friendly and professional staff. The dorm room was very cheap considering how nice and clean the facilities were.

Set on an island a short walking distance from a major train station, the location is excellent, though not walking distance from Central Station, if that's what you're looking for. The guest kitchen is possibly the best I've seen in a hotel/hostel. Large, airy, and well equipped. They have good laundry facilities. The beds in my dorm were simply 6-inch foam with a basic mattress pad on top, which was barely adequate. I'm sure the hotel style private rooms are more comfortable though.

Very special. Have been here the 3rd time in 20 years and the facilities are as goog as the first time. The only negative point is the high price.

Stayed in Langholmen for 4 nights and it was fantastic! Great atmosphere, friendly staff and a brilliant location - even managed to walk comfortably from the hostel to places such as Gamla Stan and Skansen. Highly recommended.

• 16th Jun 2014

The room was very clean and cosy, staff was friendly and helpfull. I can definitely recommend it!

This hostel is inside a former prison but well renovated to have a very comfortable stay. The room and toilet are very clean and the facilities are in excellent condition. The surrounding compound is beautiful scenery with a small sandy beach nearby. The second bed in the room is a double-deck platform above the original bed and a bit inconvenient for those not used to climbing up to sleep in elevated condition. There's a train station within walking distance to enable easy touring in Stockholm.

Very nice place to stay. We spent our first night here, and the other 3 nights in the city centre which was a good thing to do because so we could see different parts of the city. Nice, silent and clean hostel with friendly staff! Worth a visit!