Langholmens Vandrarhem STF/HI Reviews

Langholmsmuren 20, Box 9116, Stockholm, Sweden

I enjoyed staying at this hostel. I LOVED the location on Långholmen! A lovely place to walk around in the evenings, and it has some excellent views of the Stockholm skyline. The distance from the city centre didn't bother me at all. I had lovely 45 minute walks along the water getting to the Gamla Stan. But Långholmen is right next to Hornstull, a very hip and vibrant area for younger people especially. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone!

Top-3 of hostels I have visited. Amazing location, friendly and professional staff. The dorm room was very cheap considering how nice and clean the facilities were.

Set on an island a short walking distance from a major train station, the location is excellent, though not walking distance from Central Station, if that's what you're looking for. The guest kitchen is possibly the best I've seen in a hotel/hostel. Large, airy, and well equipped. They have good laundry facilities. The beds in my dorm were simply 6-inch foam with a basic mattress pad on top, which was barely adequate. I'm sure the hotel style private rooms are more comfortable though.

Very special. Have been here the 3rd time in 20 years and the facilities are as goog as the first time. The only negative point is the high price.

Stayed in Langholmen for 4 nights and it was fantastic! Great atmosphere, friendly staff and a brilliant location - even managed to walk comfortably from the hostel to places such as Gamla Stan and Skansen. Highly recommended.

• 16th Jun 2014

The room was very clean and cosy, staff was friendly and helpfull. I can definitely recommend it!

This hostel is inside a former prison but well renovated to have a very comfortable stay. The room and toilet are very clean and the facilities are in excellent condition. The surrounding compound is beautiful scenery with a small sandy beach nearby. The second bed in the room is a double-deck platform above the original bed and a bit inconvenient for those not used to climbing up to sleep in elevated condition. There's a train station within walking distance to enable easy touring in Stockholm.

Very nice place to stay. We spent our first night here, and the other 3 nights in the city centre which was a good thing to do because so we could see different parts of the city. Nice, silent and clean hostel with friendly staff! Worth a visit!

Actually it's my favorit place to stay) Love the calm atmosphere) The nature around is beautiful! All people in staff are nice and friendly.

The hostel is a converted prisons, which makes it really interesting to stay in. It also functions as a museum, which is cool until you walk out of the shower with a towel around you and find a family tour group staring at you. Also, there is a beach about 100 yards from the hostel entrance where you can picnic and sunbathe, which was fantastic. The staff were really excellent and helped us research trains back to the airport, as well as giving recommendations on things to do in the city.

I loved staying at Långholmens! its just a quick 10 minute walk from the tbana station and because it is also a hotel, the staff is incredibly professional and nice. The hostel beds are in a little museum and the island is gorgeous. Its like a little nature retreat in the middle of Stockholm! I couldn't have imagined a better hostel experience for the money and I would recommend this place to anyone!

Cool experience to stay in an old prison!

Really Enjoyed my stay, being in an old prison and sleeping in a cell was a novelty!my only issue was that I was unsure if I was going to be able to go, my friend who I went with contacted the hostel explained to them and they just changed the booking into his name without even contacting me before or after! He could have been anyone and I would not have known about it! That's would be my only negative! All in all I had a great time and if I went back would definitely stay here again!

• 6th Mar 2014