Lazy Monkeys Reviews

Geldersekade 106, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Would definitely stay again.

• 13th Mar 2015

Wonderful location, right in the city center and near the RLD with a beautiful view of the canal. The room was cozy however very dimly lit and made getting ready to go out in the evenings very difficult. Lazlo was helpful to some extent but lost his temper with us coming home late one night and handled the situation at the time very unprofessionally though did apologize afterwards, but still felt uncomfortable staying there the remaining days. I unfortunately would say I would not return.

You changed your booking about 3 times which was not a problem we work along with you. You arrive 6 hours late from your original arrival time which you set I did not say a word. You were explained about the house rules which includes being quiet after midnight which you did not seam to understand,and as a result of that all other people in the guesthouse complained, telling me how disrespectful you behaviour is.but that did not matter to you at all. We do not mind if you do not return.

Owner was really friendly and made our stay super relaxed. Only problem was the hostel didn't have a sign so we struggled finding it. Probably because we weren't organised enough though.

Owner is helpful and nice! the house located in a great location. definitely will stay there again!

We loved this place. Location was great for us. Owner is a great guy, Its quirky. We would stay again.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Nice place. Sound owner. We had the attic room overlooking the canal. gorgeous place and very central being in the middle of chinatown and just around the corner from the red light district.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Great spot! I would definitely stay here again. The private rooms especially are spectacular. The guy who runs the house, Laslow, is very down-to-earth and helpful, even stocking the showers with shampoo, body wash, etc. Easy walk to all the major sites in Amsterdam, and even smoke-friendly! Do be prepared for some very steep stairs, though (kind of a stair/ladder fusion situation).

Had a brilliant stay here and will definitely be coming back to the lazy monkey! It's in a perfect location, 5 mins from the train station and close to all the action in the centre. Lovely owner who helped us with some of the best places to visit, since it was our first time. Wouldn't recommend to somebody who has difficulty with stairs as they are very steep and winding but I think this is a case with a lotion the houses in Amsterdam. Lovely view over the Gelderskade canal!

• 19th Aug 2014

Fantastic mood and atmosphere, very welcoming and in such a great location! Bordering the Red Light District and China Town, it was busy enough place to pop out and grab a bite to eat, but quiet enough to get a good nights sleep. Will be coming here again in the future! Big Thanks to Chris and Stella

• 12th Aug 2014

I have only left a few hours and I am missing the place already. Each and every time I come back I will be staying here !!

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Great place! All the great reviews this place gets are absolutely true, and Laszlo the owner is just a really nice guy. One thing that doesn't get mentioned much in the reviews is the amazing view (me and my girlfriend were in the "big nest"). Unfortunately this comes at a price - since the view is right on the canal, this tends to bring a lot of flies (at least in parts of the year, we were there in early May). Maybe a mosquito net could fix the problem?

• 7th May 2014

Very enjoyable stay the place was clean, friendly and within easy reach of places to see.thanx for an enjoyable stay.

• 28th Apr 2014

Great stay at lazy monkeys In the big nest, would highly recommend to friends for its amazing chilled out atmosphere, style and owner. Liked the low key appeal to the accommodation making it feel very homely. Will definitely be returning soon. Obviously look out for the steep stairs if planning on staying in the nest rooms but it is like this in alot accommodation in amsterdam so don't miss out on a great stay.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Amazing room, with a nice view! A true immersion in Amsterdam lifestyle. Near to the Red Light District and to various coffee shops. The bathroom is shared with just another room. Awsome hostess!

I couldn't ask for anything more! Me and my partner stayed for 3 nights and received the best customer service possible. The owner of the guesthouse and his partner were very welcoming and very helpful. This guesthouse is situated literally around the corner from the hustle and bustle but remains very quiet both day and night. It is very homely and if you need anything you will feel very comfortable just asking. I will definitely be staying here again!

• 27th Mar 2014

Had a fantastic stay at lazy monkeys! Felt right at home. My boyfriend and I stayed for 3 nights and absolutely loved the atmospher, staff (and cat) ..the location was even better, literally a 20 second walk brought us out to the coffee shops and restaurants! Red light district was round the corner also (5minute walk) the owner explained to us there was even bigger and better rooms up stairs! Would absolutely love to come back and visit them if possible??.. Thanks again x

• 24th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

This is an amazing smoking hostel in the middle of everything. No need to rent a bike, just walk. Room was small but had everything we needed (besides a microwave.) The owner, Lazlo (sp?) was very helpful with anything we needed. Chill little spot in the middle of the craziness. Recommended for a younger, smoking crowd. Couples okay too.

We had a lovely stay in Lazymonkeys. The owner Lazlo was super friendly and helpful, enjoyed having a chat in the kitchen and suggesting good tourist attractions and places to check out. Extremely friendly host that made our stay welcoming and fun.

• 3rd Nov 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at Lazy Monkeys. Location is really good, Laszlo was very helpful and the room we had (private for 2 people) was very nice. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to come to Amsterdam to chill and relax.

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Slovakia

Stayd on the top floor facing the canal and it was great! Chillout palace with awsome landlord. BIG UP!

• 26th Oct 2013