Le Montclair Montmartre Reviews

62, Rue Ramey, Paris, France

This place wasn't bad. Its cheaper than most hostels in Paris but that being said, it is no bargain. I pretty much chose this place cause of its free breakfast which consisted of croisants and bread along with cereal tea and coffee. The atmosphere was nice and there was plenty of nice people around. The rooms were a bit cramped and the bathrooms were extremely basic not to mention the fact that there was only wifi in the lounge area which was pretty annoying.

We had a double bed private room which was very nice, with a nice view. We enjoyed having our own sink in there but we had to go to a different floor to shower which was a pain. Only one shower every second floor wasn't enough for such a large hostel. Breakfast was great and they did a great job of keeping everything fresh and well stocked. Staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was cosy.

Thank you very much for your comment! The showers are used only by the half of the floor, and there are some others on the ground floor! Our breakfast is absolutely fresh, delivered every day! See you back soon :

I loved staying at the Montclair. I would definitely recommend it, it's a great value for the money. The one issue is the hot water in the shower and as some have mentioned, it's freezing at times. We did find that if you get up super early, there is plenty of hot water, (like 5 am) but later its freezing. For me, this is a small price to pay for such a fun, comfortable, convenient place. You can't expect perfection at this price and they work hard to make you feel comfortable.

• 8th Feb 2014

We really appreciate your comment! We offer hot water 24/7 if you had a problem you shoul've let us know so we can fix it, or show you how the knob works because a lot of people don't know how to use it! Thank you very much for noticing that we work hard to make you feel like home. We would love to have you back

This hostel only had wifi in the lobby which it does not tell you when booking it. The bathroom is also so small you can bend your elbows in it. It is in a closet and is disgusting! Each room only has one outlet, making it hard for multiple people to charge phones. The lighting is also very bad in the room.

thank you for your comment! We have toilettes in all the floors with different sizes. There are several outlets in the room, we also have some in the loby. We would've been happy to give you an electrical extension!

GOOD: The hostel is located very close to Montmartre and to the metro station to reach the airport CDG. BAD: The rooms are old and small, and the bathroom are not comfortable at all, small and dirty. not worth the price

Thanks for your comment! We remind you that the common areas and the bathrooms are cleaned every day! We'll be renovating the hostel pretty soon!!

Had a wonderful stay at Le Montclair Montmartre! Rooms and other facilities were up to my expectations, staff was great and helpful. Montmartre is a beautiful area.

• 29th Jan 2014

A very clean space. The everyday noise of the foosball can turn out so annoying (taking into account that you can only connect to the wifi, and talk to your loved ones, in the hostel's hall). The staff is competent and truly proficient in English (and in Spanish in a couple cases). But I want to underline the kindness of Ainoa and Leonardo. They really defined my review of my stay in the hostel. Thank you all.

Showers were horrible! All else was good, however was quite pricey!

Hello! Why the showers were horrible??? Thanks!

I stayed in 8 mixed dorm. It was very noisy, so I couldnt sleep well because the bathroom was right inside of the room. I could clearly hear everything what was going in the bathroom and toilet, moreover the doors were irritatingly creaking. The water in the shower was mostly cold. Also the blanket smelled no good. The rest of everything seemed okay. There is a common kitchen and the lobby where you can make friends. Thanks

Hello, thanks for the comment! When you share the room with another 7 people could be noisy...there is nothing we can do in this case..you should ask for the cold water cause all the rooms have hot water at any time. See you soon!

nice place to stay =)

• 10th Jan 2014

Thanks for staying with us!

Great value for the price! Nice staff and breakfast.

Thanks for the comment! Hope to see you again soon!

The staff could be a bit nicer since it seem like we were a bother to them. The showers did not work for more than 1 minute and you have to constantly press it if you wanted to stay for longer.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Argentina

If you have a big or heavy bag ask for a room on lower floor as they have no lift. Male staff were helpful in lifting my suitcase for me. One female staff member was a bit snobby and unhelpful when I asked her about opening times of attractions. Facilities are good and room is nice. Ten times better than The Regent hostel (also in Monmatre and also part of the Hiphop Hostel group), which is a dump.

Thank you for your comment ! We hope you had a great time with us !!

The internet only works in the common area which is kind of a negative but it also makes it easy to meet and talk to other people.The toilets are really small as well as the bathroom other wise it close to the metro and close to the sacre

I was living in a 6 mixed dorm. The room was insufficient electrical plugs. There were only 2 plugs. I could not charge my phone and camera. The hostel mentions that wifi is available in the common room. However, I could not login in the wifi even in the common room. Breakfast is fine including bread, cereals and tea. The staff is kind and willing to answer travel questions.

A horrible hostel. Just 2 plugs for a room of 8 people ( including the heater, so obviously people prefer to charge their devices than have heat). If you have a big bag, the stairs are spiral. Breakfast ok. Location horrible, you have to run for your life at nights.

Thank you for your email! We have several plugs in the rooms and you can find some others in the lobby, in this case you could've asked for an extension power. We remember that we are located in a safe area near Montmatre 1 minute away from Jules Joffrin metro station.

Nice hostel! I've booked a 8-bed room for 3 people but my friends and I got a private ensuite 3-bed room. this was awesome. Very close to a metro station and walking distance to Sacre Coeur. Also close to a Carrefour, so we could buy food in the market and cook in the hostel, since Paris is a Very expensive city. The staff was always helpful and friendly to give advices to the tourists, and the breakfast was really good :D. The wifi was very good but only in the common room.

Thank your very much for such a nice comment! We try our best to satisfy all our guests! We hope to see you back soon !

I think the staff was excellent and the hostel was reasonably priced, especially since we were staying there at christmas time. I wish however that the WiFi would be strong enough to reach even the bedrooms instead of just the lounge area in the main building.

Thank you for leaving your comment! We provide the WI FI just at the lobby so there all our guets can enjoy a nice atmosphere! We hope to see you back

No wifi in the room and the available internet is slow. good staff , nice location (nearly 100 m to metro station).

Hello, about the WI FI we want to create at nice vibe at the lobby this is why we only have it downstairs! Thanks for leaving your comment.

The hostel is fairly good, I recommend it for staying in Paris. It is only a few metres far from a metro station. Really close to Sacre Coer and Montmartre. The breakfast is good and you can find almost all you want except fruit. The staff were really kind and helpful answering all my inquiries. I have to say that I spent an amazing days there.

We are very happy because you had a great time here! We hope you can visit Paris one more time !!!