Le Montclair Montmartre Reviews

62, Rue Ramey, Paris, France

No wifi in the room and the available internet is slow. good staff , nice location (nearly 100 m to metro station).

Hello, about the WI FI we want to create at nice vibe at the lobby this is why we only have it downstairs! Thanks for leaving your comment.

The hostel is fairly good, I recommend it for staying in Paris. It is only a few metres far from a metro station. Really close to Sacre Coer and Montmartre. The breakfast is good and you can find almost all you want except fruit. The staff were really kind and helpful answering all my inquiries. I have to say that I spent an amazing days there.

We are very happy because you had a great time here! We hope you can visit Paris one more time !!!

Good hostel for short trips.It was a little bit far away from the city center,however,you can reach the city center by metro in 10 minutes.It is cheap,easy to find,has good facilities etc.I recommend you if you are planning to go Paris.Make your choice "Le Montclair Montmarte" :)

Thanks for your comment! We are located at the 18th district in Paris and as you mentioned we are 10 minutes away from the city center by metro!!

All the staff was ver nice and helpfull. The room and instalations are adequate for the price. The kitchen and dining room are large and in working conditions. The breakfast was very good. There is no elevator so be ready to climb the stairs. The wifi works well in the common room. The neigborhood is very nice even during the night. The metro stop and taxis are around the corner. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• 18th Dec 2013
  • Argentina

Thank you for such a nice comment! We'll be more than happy to have you back!

This was a great hostel in Montmartre, it was in a great location only a 20 minute walk from the Sacre Couer with loads of shops and places to eat. Close to the metro. Could only get wifi in the main lounge/kitchen area. Nice clean rooms with a space heater in the winter. Was a little expensive but I guess that is Paris!

Thank you very much for your comment! Remember that we have different rates during the week and sometime we also have interesting deals! We'd love to have you back !!!

The rooms were a bit cramped but serviceable. Didn't get up in time for breakfast. There was a man harassing my friend and I who wouldn't leave us or any other woman in the lobby alone, and the staff did absolutely nothing.

• 6th Dec 2013

Thank you for your comment, we are sorry about your bad experience with us, we dont choose our clients...

The hotel was not very clean and the shower do not have hot water

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

Thank you for your comment! Our rooms are cleaned every day and the common areas twice a day! We offer hot water 24/7 if you had a problem with it you must have let us know to get it solved.

My 3 friends and I had a great experience at this hostel and would recommend it to anyone staying in Paris a couple nights. It's located right next to a metro and makes the city very accessible.

We really appreciate your comment! We hope to have you back again !!

Close by the Metro station and the attractions in Montmarte. Overall, an ok experience. Some staff were more helpful than the others. Toilets are seriously small though.

Breakfast was good, but rooms were cold and small.

My second stay at the Montclair, that says something. The common areas have changed a lot since 2009! It's way more social now, pretty fun place. The rooms are still very bare, though -- it was an old hotel converted to a hostel, and it shows: no lockers, and the support thingy for the shower was broken (had to handle the "handset" when showering). But if all you need is a bed, (good) breakfast and an environment where you can find people to chat, go for it! Staff's friendly too.

LOVED IT!

Itll do for paris, its cheap enough. Weird vibes though. The common area is not set up to be social, small tables, kinda weird. Tiny kitchen, miniature showers that are really hard to shower in, but the breakfat was pretty good.

Good location, near 3 stations, and solid breakfast each morning. Buthe rooms aren't well laid out - our bunks were jammed in so the bathroom door banged into them everytime someone went in. The push button shower had to be continually pressed and it was a 50/50 chance of cold showers. There are lockers in the room, but only for small things. The kitchenette was a bit small for the number of people cooking and lacked basics (like bowls). Decent hostel for Paris, overpriced anywhere else.

Was a great hostel, great value, lovely staff and great sense of community. Only complaints is paper thin walls meant hearing every footstep outside the room and the blankets were stained... However, the staff was amazingly helpful.

Thank you very much for your comment! We hope you had a gret time! You could've asked us to change your blanket in that case. We try our best to keep it quiet at night.

The first night we had a very small and not really nice room (double-bed with shared bathrooms). We were absolutely not content with it and asked for another. The next day we could move into another much better room, witch really worthed the money. But the first room was terrible. The facilities were only to be reached by leaving the house (in november!), the shower was small and the toilets too. But the other room was great. And the personal was great. Kitchen not good equipped.

• 17th Nov 2013
  • Switzerland

Thanks for your comment! That's our principal goal if you were not happy with something we try our best to find the best solution. our rooms and showers have a regular size compared to Paris.

The staff was great. I could practice my french and they patiently tried to understand me, but they also speak english, german and spanish. The location is really near the metro and there are supermarkets near by. The wifi does not work in the rooms, but it is great on the common areas. The breakfast was really good. My friends and I could left our luggage in the storage and our room had toillet and shower. It was really fine. We would come back and stay at Montclair certainly!

• 16th Nov 2013

We are glad to read that you had a great time! We hope you come back! About the WI FI wi try to keep a great ambiance at the lobby by having it just downstairs.

Really nice place in the perfect location. Nearly of really important singtseeing places. But really cold in the rooms - I was there in November and I was frozen in my room. But exellent common rooms with all conveniences - free WiFi, good kitchen, computer and other. Love this place!

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Russia

Thank you very much for your comment! You can actually change the heating temperature in your room. We hope to see you back soon !

everything all right, but the tiny WC between rooms and stairs it's so inadequate (no space, no windows, strange odor) our room was nice but seemed larger but you get used to quickly; Thanks! ps. the breackfast is good and it would be great adding some hot meal (ham, eggs or similar) and/or different qualities of tea! thanks again

• 13th Nov 2013

Staff was fine but uninterested and acted more like programmed machines. Gave little information on the surrounding area. Breakfast guy and night desk man were the nicest. The lock on my room didn't work and door was left open a number of times. Room wasn't very clean, a lot or dirty wrappers and tissues everywhere. Could have been from the other ppl in the room but was left both nights I was there. Overall an average experience.

Sometimes it is difficult to have a long conversation with every guests because we have so many people but we try our best to give you the best tips and advice. If you are staying in a doomr, like is your case, we are not able to control if they leave the door open! We would like to have you back soon :)