Le Montclair Montmartre Reviews

62, Rue Ramey, Paris, France

Although the hostel is good value for money, we were left a bit dissatisfied due to the following.. (Couple: Staying in private room) -Our door had HUGE gaps in it (they could hear everything, and so could we) -Despite her huge smile, the receptionist had a bad/rude attitude (blond wavy hair) -No Wifi in the room and very slow downstairs. -The communal shower was just a spout without the shower head and not very clean -> disgusting towel on the floor that I dared not step on.

Loved the staff, especially Beatrice. One morning/ afternoon shift guy was really rude to everyone who went up, but besides him, no complaints. OK breakfast. Tiny showers. So easy to find since the metro is literally right around the corner. Quieter than the rest of Paris, and a 20 min walk to the Sacre-ceour lookout. Met some travellers there that I have been meeting up with around Europe now.

Good space, good kitchen. The breakfast could be better, though. Nice that the lobby has board games and the internet works fine in the hostel. The location is very good, close to the metro and to several velib stations.

• 7th Jun 2014

You're getting exactly what you are paying for.

Cool place, but super expensive. Paris is just an expensive city.

Pretty good hostel.... The rooms were good, and had their own bathrooms in ours. we stayed in a 8 bed dorm. The best thing was the kitchen because Paris is really expensive so be sure to cook at the hostel. The cleanliness of the kitchen depended on how dirty the guests were at night time. Besides that, very clean. The staff was amazing too. Location was good, close to the metro and Sacre Coeur, kinda scary at night time though. Amazing hostel though

Disappointed about not being able to use wifi in room, and about having no lift in a 6 story building. There are only one fridge to share amongst the whole building. Other than that it was very good. Good comfortable beds. Clean sheets.

Good hostel however showers were freezing cold at any time of the day and the toilets were extremely small! Nice atmosphere and helpful staff if a little slow when checking in if there are lots of people!

A very nice place to stay for backpackers. Meeting new people and very friendly staff. Just that there is no lift to 5-6 floor but we didn't mind at all. Good work.

My sister and I were here for 6 nights. We really liked the set up of this hostel, however we were on the 5th floor and no elevator so it was a haul to get up to our room at night (but you could see the Sacre-Coeur from our window which was perfect.) That's the only negative aspect of our stay. The breakfast served in the morning is included in your stay and is simple but very good. Wifi is only in the lobby. The location is good, there are 2 metro stops pretty close and Montmartre is great.

Conveniently located next to a train station and the staff give you ditections to all the sites! Spiral staircase up to the rooms so don't bring a suitcase. Decent rooms that were clean. Shower heads were not great and there was limited hot water.

The whole experience was great! They even had a free wine and cheese tasting! the showers weren't that great and some nights the traffic was a bit loud but overall bearable and i would definitely stay again. The atmosphere was great!

My stay was very enjoyable, great location for a great Parian experience Heaps of bars, restaurants within walking distance and great central location Atmosphere was very chilled at the hostel, this is definitely not a party hostel

• 27th May 2014

Very easy to get to from the Metro. I really enjoyed my time in the hostel. Would definitely go back!

Good Things - The hostel is in a good location near a metro station and near the Gare du Norde. The room in general was clean. The staff (a French guy and a Venezuelan guy) were very friendly all the time supporting all my necessities and questions. Neutral - None Bad Things - WiFi service only available in the common area and most of the time is not working. The bathroom is very small and uncomfortable. A blond girl in the staff doesn't know what kindness is. No lockers in the room.

Some of the staff were so lovely!! My phone charger (AUS-EURO) decided not to work so the man behind the desk went through his draws and found one. Imagine being in Paris and phoneless!!!!

• 25th May 2014

Le Montclair Montmartre was a nice stay. Close to metro station(s). Free Wi-Fi in the lobby and a good breakfast.

The hostel itself was pretty nice, and the staff were always helpful and friendly. The only problem I had with the location was that it is very near a school. So you get woken up by 100 screaming children. But if that doesn't wake you, every other guest in the hostel will. The hostel is old and sound travels through all the thin walls. Other than that, I had a nice stay there. I really appreciated the guest kitchen they have provided.

• 24th May 2014