Le Montclair Montmartre Reviews

62, Rue Ramey, Paris, France

Had a good time at Montclair; the location, staff and overall feel of the place was pretty nice. Not too crowded or loud, and the breakfast is nice too. The washrooms are really small though, it was somewhat difficult just to take a shower. But other than that, can't really complain.

Best hostel ever. STAY HERE. Perfect location (right next to train station, easy walk to beach, next door to grocery store), friendly staff, great people. They even have free drinks most nights at 6, and you meet great people! Only suggestion is to be careful leaving food in the fridge- someone ate mine.

Staff did not take any initiative to engage travellers, they only responded when asked a question without much elaboration as well. Internet connection was bad, even in the main lobby. Only being able to connect after multiple tries.

• 13th May 2014
  • Singapore

Like this hostel....close to metro and airport. Staff helpful...can be noisy if on the first floor. Hey, it is a hostel.

Overall the hostel was clean however the shared bathroom was fairly dirty and there is no where to wash your hands after using the toilet. My biggest complaint was that if you wanted to shower with warm water the water pressure was nothing more than a dribble. For the price, I have stayed in much nicer hostels in Europe.

• 12th May 2014

It's a good hostel and I can only list a couple of negative things: like the air conditioner that didn't work even though it was kind of necessary in a room on the 5th floor. Or the many stairs, there is no elevator. Also my key card didn't work twice (which happened to my room mates too) and I had to go downstairs and upstairs again and again. Otherwise, it was good, the view from my balcony was really lovely and the free breakfast was very good.

It's kind of a far way out from the heart of Paris but it's right next to the Jules Joffrin metro station so getting around actually is no problem at all. The area it's in is really cute if you go walking around and you'll be able to find whatever you need easily (exchange cambios, food, pharmacy, supermarket, etc). Wifi doesn't work in the rooms and is slightly temperamental even in the common area but the rooms and bathrooms are really clean and it's all in all a pretty nice stay. Worth it

Very good hostel. Good location, right behind the Sacré-Coeur, it's a 5 minutes walk to it. The hostel is very nice, free breakfast. The atmosphere is very calm and nice at the hostel. The staff was very nice, we booked a 10 bed dorm and they upgraded us to a 4 bed private! Awesome! The rooms were very clean and quiet.

plus: I stayed in room one/ground floor, so I had good Wifi connection in my room, breakfast is nice, stuff is helpful and speak English, French, Spanish so it is easy to communicate... minus: tiny bathrooms

Great place to stay :)

The atmosphere, location, and staff were amazing! However the showers were sometimes cold and they were extremely small (the smallest I've seen and I stay in hostels a lot). I am super glad the wifi didn't work in rooms because it made people stay in the lobby area and I met some awesome people!

• 25th Apr 2014

no hot water in shower! yes, there were directions on the wall but the directions were the opposite of how to actually get hot water. There were only 2 toilets and one shower for the whole floor.

Never been in such dirty and crashed hostel.Rooms in pics looked normal,but indeed they are in such a state of decay which is really unbelievable.We paid about 60 EUR for the double room with "bath" inside,but we got a 1x3met room with a bunk bed and a sink inside the room... _litterally_ a sink inside the room together with the bed.Common shower never worked for 3days and after complaining at the reception they told that we could not use the shower properly as if you need degree to use a shower

The hostel is great, awesome breakfast and facilities, but is kinda far away of everything. It is close to a metro station, but you have to change between lines more than twice to get to the important touristic points (for example to the Eiffel Tower you have to change 3 times), and with this you spend your time in hours in the metro.

SMALL room for 4 people, not enough space to put clothes/bags and can't move around in shower- but I guess that is what you get in Paris. No lockers that we could see and no elevator (narrow winding stairs). Good continental breakfast downstairs and kitchen with frig upstairs. Great common room to get to know other travelers - had a great time doing this. After 3 previous hostels, we finally get one that has a social life!

This hostel did not turn out to look like the pictures. Our room was small and while it was nice to have a sink and shower in our room the floor in the hallway had holes in it and our bed was completely covered with hair - so we couldn't sleep with the sheets. The toilet was also in a dungeon room that was very thin and unpleasant. Would not book here unless desperate.

• 19th Apr 2014

Was an okay base for the city, nothing too terribly expensive. The lockers were basically non-existent in my room which was a real bummer but I picked up wifi in there also so that's a plus. It was spectacularly unspectacular, I haven't a thing to complain about (besides loud roommates 3 am - 7am.. but thats not the hostels fault) but I also don't have anything to rave about. The room downstairs was real friendly with people and they had free donuts. Wooo. Close to metro station.

Was a great venue. Nice people. Great breakfast. No wifi in rooms though and not enough power outlets in rooms

Really enjoyed staying here. They had a really nice kitchen and lounge area that was a really nice place to hang out after a busy day.

small staircase without an elevator, rooms are also very small, would never go there again

• 9th Apr 2014