Le Montclair Montmartre Reviews

62, Rue Ramey, Paris, France

small staircase without an elevator, rooms are also very small, would never go there again

• 9th Apr 2014
  • China

Not a bad hostel. No wifi in rooms and the toilet, shower and kitchens are not great or particularly clean but on the upside most of the staff when friendly and welcoming and the hostel is located in a good spot within my favourite part of Paris

First night, I was staying in a 8 beds dorm, ensuite. I have little problem with toilet and hot shower. Second night in a 3 beds dorm. I wonder why that I have to pay more for this room because the 8 beds dorm looks so much better and ensuit. The shower is another building and the toilet on my floor is bad. However, I kind of like the atmosphere of this hostel. Maybe because the staff are friendly and I feel very much welcome.

The wifi didn't work on any of the four days I was there in early April. They did offer 30 minutes of free computer time, but it would have been nice if they seemed to make any effort to fix the wifi. Travelers especially depend on the Internet! Breakfast was good but one day I accidentally overslept and arrived at 10:05 and even though there was still food out and people eating, I was told I couldn't have any. Even if I could have had a croissant for the road, I would have been fine with that.

All the hostels you'll find in Paris are in the same area, which is Montmartre. It's far from the city center, but it's close to the Sacre Coeur Basilica, and the neighbourhood itself is very unique. The staff is great, breakfast is good, but wi-fi and shower sucks.

It's a good place, but i must say that they don't have an elevator. Clean, good breakfast, good staff. It`s not the ideal location, but you have the metro three blocks from the place.

The breakfast was outstanding! The location is also very good: very close to the metro and walking distance to the Sacre-Coeur.

Loved our time at Le Montclair! Desk staff was very helpful, rooms were clean and very nice. Great location also!

• 21st Mar 2014