Le Montclair Montmartre Reviews

62, Rue Ramey, Paris, France

Great place to stay :)

The atmosphere, location, and staff were amazing! However the showers were sometimes cold and they were extremely small (the smallest I've seen and I stay in hostels a lot). I am super glad the wifi didn't work in rooms because it made people stay in the lobby area and I met some awesome people!

• 25th Apr 2014

no hot water in shower! yes, there were directions on the wall but the directions were the opposite of how to actually get hot water. There were only 2 toilets and one shower for the whole floor.

Never been in such dirty and crashed hostel.Rooms in pics looked normal,but indeed they are in such a state of decay which is really unbelievable.We paid about 60 EUR for the double room with "bath" inside,but we got a 1x3met room with a bunk bed and a sink inside the room... _litterally_ a sink inside the room together with the bed.Common shower never worked for 3days and after complaining at the reception they told that we could not use the shower properly as if you need degree to use a shower

The hostel is great, awesome breakfast and facilities, but is kinda far away of everything. It is close to a metro station, but you have to change between lines more than twice to get to the important touristic points (for example to the Eiffel Tower you have to change 3 times), and with this you spend your time in hours in the metro.

SMALL room for 4 people, not enough space to put clothes/bags and can't move around in shower- but I guess that is what you get in Paris. No lockers that we could see and no elevator (narrow winding stairs). Good continental breakfast downstairs and kitchen with frig upstairs. Great common room to get to know other travelers - had a great time doing this. After 3 previous hostels, we finally get one that has a social life!

This hostel did not turn out to look like the pictures. Our room was small and while it was nice to have a sink and shower in our room the floor in the hallway had holes in it and our bed was completely covered with hair - so we couldn't sleep with the sheets. The toilet was also in a dungeon room that was very thin and unpleasant. Would not book here unless desperate.

• 19th Apr 2014

Was an okay base for the city, nothing too terribly expensive. The lockers were basically non-existent in my room which was a real bummer but I picked up wifi in there also so that's a plus. It was spectacularly unspectacular, I haven't a thing to complain about (besides loud roommates 3 am - 7am.. but thats not the hostels fault) but I also don't have anything to rave about. The room downstairs was real friendly with people and they had free donuts. Wooo. Close to metro station.

Was a great venue. Nice people. Great breakfast. No wifi in rooms though and not enough power outlets in rooms

Really enjoyed staying here. They had a really nice kitchen and lounge area that was a really nice place to hang out after a busy day.

small staircase without an elevator, rooms are also very small, would never go there again

• 9th Apr 2014
  • China

Not a bad hostel. No wifi in rooms and the toilet, shower and kitchens are not great or particularly clean but on the upside most of the staff when friendly and welcoming and the hostel is located in a good spot within my favourite part of Paris

First night, I was staying in a 8 beds dorm, ensuite. I have little problem with toilet and hot shower. Second night in a 3 beds dorm. I wonder why that I have to pay more for this room because the 8 beds dorm looks so much better and ensuit. The shower is another building and the toilet on my floor is bad. However, I kind of like the atmosphere of this hostel. Maybe because the staff are friendly and I feel very much welcome.

The wifi didn't work on any of the four days I was there in early April. They did offer 30 minutes of free computer time, but it would have been nice if they seemed to make any effort to fix the wifi. Travelers especially depend on the Internet! Breakfast was good but one day I accidentally overslept and arrived at 10:05 and even though there was still food out and people eating, I was told I couldn't have any. Even if I could have had a croissant for the road, I would have been fine with that.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »