Los Amigos Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle Giralda 9, El Medano (La Mareta), Tenerife, Spain

Had a great stay here in Los Amigos! Met some other great travelers who made my weekend that much better. Lovely outside area to hang out and chat with other people and staff. Wish I could visit again!

Thank everybody who works there! I really like this place, amazing atmosphere...

The hostel itself is really nice, especially the common area, There's a little pool in the garden and bikes you can rent if you want to explore around. Bunk beds are comfy, breakfast is included and there's a laptop you can use by free. The only disadvantage I see is the location. It won't be a problem if you have a car, but it would if you don't (it's actually between El Médano and Los Abrigos) and buses are not very frequent. An informative panel in the junction would be useful.

I very much enjoyed my stay at Los Amigos. The staff were very friendly, helpful, tried to involve everyone in their activities, and organised some good events. The atmosphere was also very relaxing and welcoming - partly due to the secluded location! There was access to some nice, quiet beaches and also some great people were staying there while I was there! My only gripe is that the location can be difficult at times, unless you rent a car - the bus service is not overly reliable!

• 9th Nov 2014

Had a very nice stay in los amigos. I was friendly welcomed by the staff and everything was explained clearly. There is a nice courtyard where you can chill and its possible to eat in every day if you want. The rooms are good value and the facilities are clean. Showers however were cold most of the time though. Maybe I was unlucky, but it was said that it might be low water pressure. They were gonna have a look at it soon (use the bottom bathroom if possible. All in all I'm very positive!

I had such a nice time there, close to the airport is a good thing, very clise to the bus for many places, team is very friendly and many nice point like you can have meal in the evening for 5€, can go for some trips with them, the place is quiet and very nice :) big bathroom, the only point is that there is only one shower/toilet but it was ok for the 15 poeple we were when i was there.

It's tha second tine for me at Los Amigos Hostel and I found the same cozy and nice atmosphere. I really enjoyed my stay.

nice place and nice atmospher

had another good stay at this cozy hostel.

Cozy and nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff :) P.S. Linkėjimai Agnei ;)

Nice chilly place to have good time on the island. They offers daily program. It was Thursday and I joined the Masca program. Hiking between cliffs was beautiful. At the end of hiking we had rest at the black sand beach. It's amzing!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Nice and comfy chillout hostel. Staff is very kind and helpfull. I had a very nice time at Los Amigos!

Amazing hostel. Very small and community like. Great staff and always open to recommend places. Several staff to always help you out, I never had a single time where I couldn't find a staff member in < 30 seconds. 5min walk to the beaches to relax and enjoy. Great outdoor patio to meet people, freshwater pool, gym, etc. The staff definitely make this hostel, they go out with you, arrange trips, cook dinners, etc. Very friendly.

The four ppl dorm is quite small. You ll getbto know people easily.

The best hostel where I've stayed. I really recommend it, cause you'll feel like home. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming.

we are satisfied and shure coming back.thanx

• 29th Aug 2014

I stayed for 3 nights here and was made feel very welcome, facilities include free wifi , use of a laptop, small swimming pool, kitchen to use . Breakfast included, very ideal for wind surfers, there is a shop in the hostel , you can rent a bike and go on excursions, just be careful at night time coming back from the local town about 1 kilometre away it is better to get a taxi or have a small torch as there are no streetlights and the path is nothing really just stones and a few ditches !

Atmosphere was not very nice and I got a feeling of being unwelcome at the hostel. Staff rarely talked and seemed annoyed for some reason. Booked to stay in a room of 8 beds but because there are two rooms next to each other and the wall on top is open basically it felt like sleeping in a bed of 16.

This was a great place to stay clean awesome and peaceful.. To get anywhere Central was a bus that finished at 9ish so taxi after but so worth coming home to would definitely stay there again and for a fee get airport pick up :)

There are only three facilities and tone of the shower is very small. We always had to wait to use them. The staff was not very friendly and was even a bit arrogant. Every other hostel in Tenerife they received us with a smile, a map of the area and explanation about what to do around. That was not the case here.