Lost Garden Guesthouse Reviews

No.7 Yi Qiu Tian, Wuhua District, Kunming, China

Pleasant and informative staff but rooms a little basic and run down but ok for the price.

Liked my stay. The room was comfortable and lovely. The position is great. The map provided was a tad confusing but its not a big thing. The boys who play until late at night in the lane outside on their skateboards etc were unbelievably loud, totally stopped me sleeping and only were stopped after i phoned the desk to ask for help about 11pm. perhaps could have been stopped earlier. I was leaving very early and needed to sleep. Staff helpful. Great food .

Well-managed hostel. Our room was clean, mattresses and pillows excellent, included fan and mosquito gadget. The communal bathrooms were clean but busy; the hostel needs more toilets and showers. People left the toilets a bit dirty by morning time. Noisy folks partying on the roof, disturbing sleep. Helpful staff speaking good English. Poor wifi connection. No screens on windows so plenty of mosquitoes. Excellent location near Green Lake, open-air markets, restaurants, transportation.

Love the stone-oven-baked pizza. Love the comfy bed. Clean. 2 things to consider to better accommodate travellers: We stayed on 2 separate dates. Both had early-morning departures. Staff are not required to start work until 8am. And kitchen also opens at 8am. This is difficult when we need to check-out & eat before 8am. At one point, I acted as translator for other weary travellers who also had to check-out and catch trains & planes. Other sad note: kitchen closed Monday! Otherwise loved it.

• 29th Jun 2014

nice hostel and easy to go around kunming. It is quiet and helpful staff :-)

It could not be nicer. Their restaurant is incredible and reasonably priced.

I have enjoyed each of my stays at Lost Garden. It is in a quieter alleyway, so it might be hard to find on your first visit, but one of its benefits also come from being less populated than the other main hostels in Kunming. I even managed to end up with a four-bed dorm all to myself. The wifi generally works very well, the staff is friendly and though the timing of my stays there has yet to allow me to try its breakfast, my friends who have stayed all rave about it.

Friendly, helpful staff with great English. Western food in restaurant if your pining for some comfort food.

The hostel is centrally located in a quiet alley way, 5-20 mins walk to the university, central shopping streets, and airport bus stop. Dislike: The 6 person dorm room is in the lower floor with the window opens into a small enclosed courtyard.

Really beautiful place, nice staff and people. We can recommend that place! Thank you!

Nice stay in the hotel. Staff is really great ! I just hoped there is more chinese food or breakfast at the restaurant.

The times they have for when breakfast is available is pretty inconvenient but the food is incredible. Other than that, it's a pretty great guesthouse.

def one of the best hostels i've stayed in all of china. great location - clean, cheap, and convenient.

• 6th Apr 2014

Everything was really wonderful. We especially appreciated the proximity to Cuihu Park, where we walked every day. The pricing was quite favorable, and the Lost Garden muesli was so good my mother bought some extra to take home. The taxi driver had difficulty finding the place in the dark and room was a bit chilly with no heater but they did bring us extra blankets for our first night. Separate bathroom and shower rooms very much appreciated, and lovely terrace and restaurant. Thank you!

Stayed one night in march 2014. Nice and helpful staff. Good location as it is closed to "Green Lake" which is nice for a relaxing walk. The location of the hostel is quiet. Only bad thing for me was that I had one of the downstairs room just beside the stairs and opposite the night guardian room who kept going up and down the stairs which kept me awake until 2am!! Told him off once and it didn't stop him to keep making noises... very annoying.

Lost Garden is staffed by a lovely group of women. They are extremely helpful

Another brilliant one night stay here! Fully recommended

A brilliant 1 night stay here. Modern, clean and comfortable. Also was very cheap and had great good and staff. Couldn't ask for more! Wifi working in all rooms also!

Very comfortable and serene niche near Green Lake Park. It's a walkable distance south to the Tang Dynasty Pagodas (East and West Pagoda)- ~2 km, during which you'll pass the Bird & Flower Market and the many malls on Zhengyi Lu. To the north, it's near the restaurant/bar street of Wenlin Jie- ~1.5 km, and east to the zoo and another street filled with local restaurants and shops- ~1.5 km, and ~2 km to Yuantong Temple. Serviced by Bus No. 2 to the train station; look for Wuyi Street.

I stayed here for 3 nights in Feb.2014. I requested the local map for 3 times. While asking for the information about the bus or the surrounding area local market, the reply is not clear. One girl senior staff( the junior ones are better) is not really friendly to respond to my questions. They care more about the guests in the restaurant, not the hostel guest. No common room. No luckers. It is cold as the outside.