Lost Garden Guesthouse Reviews

No.7 Yi Qiu Tian, Wuhua District, Kunming, China

Stayed in the 6 bed dorm and it was a pleasant stay. friendly staff and really nice restaurant in the hostel. Appreciate the powerpoints by the sides of the beds and provision of toilet rolls, shampoo and shower gel.

Stayed here for 3 nights. The staff are great, speak good English and are knowledgeable about the area. The food was great, especially the pizza. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm, its a good size, clean and the bathroom was clean enough. Shower was good. I'd stay again

Very clean. staff was friendly and could speak english. Good foods in their restaurant. Good atomsphere and privacy.

Well-situated and lots of character. I would definitely take a look at the dorm room before booking, though - my room downstairs was damp with a very strong smell of mold and poor privacy with respect to the en suite bathroom.

Very beautiful clean hostel with super nice staff!

Pleasant and informative staff but rooms a little basic and run down but ok for the price.

This boutique hostel is tucked behind the much grander Green lake hotel, but is a good choice for those wanting a smaller, quieter hostel in a central location. The restaurant makes good quality food and coffee, although on the pricey side. The six bed dorm (with bathroom) had a constantly leaking shower enclosure. Fan only, you needed to leave the window open, or overheat. The beds were comfy. Bottom bunks have a privacy curtain; the top bunk has nothing.

Liked my stay. The room was comfortable and lovely. The position is great. The map provided was a tad confusing but its not a big thing. The boys who play until late at night in the lane outside on their skateboards etc were unbelievably loud, totally stopped me sleeping and only were stopped after i phoned the desk to ask for help about 11pm. perhaps could have been stopped earlier. I was leaving very early and needed to sleep. Staff helpful. Great food .

It's primarily a guesthouse with restaurant and normal hostellers are squeezed out most of the evening when the foodies come in. If you are a bit up market tho, the place should appeal. Nice wood and garden theme so a pleasant place. Avoid the basement dorm as there's sufficient airflow to clear the shower dampness...oh and the shower glass is somewhat see through!

Love the stone-oven-baked pizza. Love the comfy bed. Clean. 2 things to consider to better accommodate travellers: We stayed on 2 separate dates. Both had early-morning departures. Staff are not required to start work until 8am. And kitchen also opens at 8am. This is difficult when we need to check-out & eat before 8am. At one point, I acted as translator for other weary travellers who also had to check-out and catch trains & planes. Other sad note: kitchen closed Monday! Otherwise loved it.

• 29th Jun 2014

nice hostel and easy to go around kunming. It is quiet and helpful staff :-)

It could not be nicer. Their restaurant is incredible and reasonably priced.

I have enjoyed each of my stays at Lost Garden. It is in a quieter alleyway, so it might be hard to find on your first visit, but one of its benefits also come from being less populated than the other main hostels in Kunming. I even managed to end up with a four-bed dorm all to myself. The wifi generally works very well, the staff is friendly and though the timing of my stays there has yet to allow me to try its breakfast, my friends who have stayed all rave about it.

Friendly, helpful staff with great English. Western food in restaurant if your pining for some comfort food.

The hostel is centrally located in a quiet alley way, 5-20 mins walk to the university, central shopping streets, and airport bus stop. Dislike: The 6 person dorm room is in the lower floor with the window opens into a small enclosed courtyard.

Really beautiful place, nice staff and people. We can recommend that place! Thank you!

Nice stay in the hotel. Staff is really great ! I just hoped there is more chinese food or breakfast at the restaurant.

The times they have for when breakfast is available is pretty inconvenient but the food is incredible. Other than that, it's a pretty great guesthouse.

def one of the best hostels i've stayed in all of china. great location - clean, cheap, and convenient.

• 6th Apr 2014

Everything was really wonderful. We especially appreciated the proximity to Cuihu Park, where we walked every day. The pricing was quite favorable, and the Lost Garden muesli was so good my mother bought some extra to take home. The taxi driver had difficulty finding the place in the dark and room was a bit chilly with no heater but they did bring us extra blankets for our first night. Separate bathroom and shower rooms very much appreciated, and lovely terrace and restaurant. Thank you!