Lost Garden Guesthouse Reviews

No.7 Yi Qiu Tian, Wuhua District, Kunming, China

Beautiful hostel, well located near the Lake, calm and relaxing atmosphere, friendly staff. My dorm's private (and very beautiful) bathroom smelled very bad though. Also, there was no storage room for the luggage, so I had to leave my backpack under a table in the hallway all day... But I would still recommend the place.

We arrived early and were kindly invited to wait in the cafe.Super nice staff and good food with nice portions!The room was quite tiny and right below the kitchen,so we couldn't rest until night due to all the noise from the kitchen and cafe resonating through the walls.However,,it was clean and the beds comfortable,and were provided with very nice gel, shampoo, conditioner and TP. We werre given very useful information of the area and the staff helped us buy our bus tickets.We'd come back again

Just stayed one night. Comfy beds and good location to the lake. The only downside is there wasn't much of a communal area to hang out in.

Stayed in the 6 bed dorm and it was a pleasant stay. friendly staff and really nice restaurant in the hostel. Appreciate the powerpoints by the sides of the beds and provision of toilet rolls, shampoo and shower gel.

Stayed here for 3 nights. The staff are great, speak good English and are knowledgeable about the area. The food was great, especially the pizza. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm, its a good size, clean and the bathroom was clean enough. Shower was good. I'd stay again

Very clean. staff was friendly and could speak english. Good foods in their restaurant. Good atomsphere and privacy.

Well-situated and lots of character. I would definitely take a look at the dorm room before booking, though - my room downstairs was damp with a very strong smell of mold and poor privacy with respect to the en suite bathroom.

Very beautiful clean hostel with super nice staff!

Pleasant and informative staff but rooms a little basic and run down but ok for the price.

This boutique hostel is tucked behind the much grander Green lake hotel, but is a good choice for those wanting a smaller, quieter hostel in a central location. The restaurant makes good quality food and coffee, although on the pricey side. The six bed dorm (with bathroom) had a constantly leaking shower enclosure. Fan only, you needed to leave the window open, or overheat. The beds were comfy. Bottom bunks have a privacy curtain; the top bunk has nothing.

Liked my stay. The room was comfortable and lovely. The position is great. The map provided was a tad confusing but its not a big thing. The boys who play until late at night in the lane outside on their skateboards etc were unbelievably loud, totally stopped me sleeping and only were stopped after i phoned the desk to ask for help about 11pm. perhaps could have been stopped earlier. I was leaving very early and needed to sleep. Staff helpful. Great food .

It's primarily a guesthouse with restaurant and normal hostellers are squeezed out most of the evening when the foodies come in. If you are a bit up market tho, the place should appeal. Nice wood and garden theme so a pleasant place. Avoid the basement dorm as there's sufficient airflow to clear the shower dampness...oh and the shower glass is somewhat see through!

Love the stone-oven-baked pizza. Love the comfy bed. Clean. 2 things to consider to better accommodate travellers: We stayed on 2 separate dates. Both had early-morning departures. Staff are not required to start work until 8am. And kitchen also opens at 8am. This is difficult when we need to check-out & eat before 8am. At one point, I acted as translator for other weary travellers who also had to check-out and catch trains & planes. Other sad note: kitchen closed Monday! Otherwise loved it.

• 29th Jun 2014