MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

Much more of a hotel then a hostel so the facilities are nice but not much of a backpackers atmosphere at all. Very close to the main train station which is nice if you're just staying there one night as a stop over (like I did), but not a good location for an extended stay. Beer at their bar is pretty cheap for Munich standards. Pretty expensive for a hostel as well.

The 12-bed dorm I'd booked into was actually a pair of 6-bed dorms, so there was more privacy than I was expecting. Location is convenient for the railway station (10-minute walk), but city centre attractions are a bit further away. There is a great traditional Munich pub just across the road. If you are travelling alone the bar at Meininger can be a good place to meet fellow travellers.

Our room was shocking. It was an 8 bed dorm which looked nothing like the photos. The lockers were tiny - our bags didn't fit in and considering we were interrailing around Europe it hadn't been a problem we had/or since encountered. It turned out the other 5 people in our dorm couldn't fit their bags in their lockers either so the floor space was taken up by luggage. The lockers were covered in dust, as was the tv. Old bedding left on beds!

Fun hostel, very nice staff, great bar to hang out and meet other hostelers!

Hi there, thanks a lot for your nice review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed staying here. We enjoyed having you here as well :) Safe travels, Alex

The lift was WAY too slow (to the point that you could wait more than 5 minutes). There is only one kitchen to the entire building (6 floors) and it can get overflowed with people, or it doesn't have lots of stuff for you to use. The only frying pan had no grip, so it was hard to fry stuff and the other pans were way too small, while the bigger one was way too big. Also, no sharp knifes for meat or vegetables. The tv only has german channels (but I think they say that somewhere in the website)

Meininger was great! Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The hostel itself was very clean and well laid out with a lot of information for tourists. Also can't complain with a free upgrade to a private room! Highly recommended!

Rooms didn't have are conditioner which means you have to stand a lot of heat

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Egypt

When I arrived, the sheets of my bed hadn't been changed, but nevermind :) the second best hostel of the trip !

Hi there, thanks a lot for your kind review. We're sorry your bed hadn't been changed, but I suppose our staff helped you with that as soon as you informed them :) Happy travels! Alex

Elevator got stuck while we were there but started working again. We signed up to be in a 10 bed dorm but ended up being put in a 2 bed private and paid the same amount. Pretty nice!

We were choosing from this and another nearby which was cheaper. The reasons we chose it were apparent cleanliness

Hi there, thanks a lot for coosing us! Hope to see you again next time you're in Munich. Best wishes, Alex

It was a nice, clean hostel and a good deal for the money. It was just a bit far from the city center and places we wanted to go to, so there was a lot of walking. It is close to a train station though, which was really helpful.

This was probably my favorite hostel so far out of 12 around Europe. I had just come from a dirty hostel in Venice, and it was an enormous relief to stay at Meininger Munich. Very clean bathrooms with soap, bedding was very comfortable, breakfast though not free was fantastic. Free city tour, free wifi, towels available for rent. Loved this place.

Overall the hostel was excellent as was Munich. For the amount of people the kitchen was too small with not enough facilities. However this is minor detail and you should go and eat currywurst and drink beer instead! The rooms were great and the staff couldnt have been friendlier. Really enjoyed Munich and the Meininger hostel. Cant wait to go back.

HI, thanks a lot for your great review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay here. And we know our kitchen is not the biggest, but that way you just have to meet fellow travellers because you can't hide from them :) Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Cheers, Alex

This was a great hostel. The party atmosphere is awesome - even though we didn't party this night. The staff was helpful, great chill out locations for the people staying. There was breakfast for 5 euro but looked like bread and juice not really worth it. Was enjoyable hostel.

This place wasn't too bad. Easy enough to get to from the train station and certainly no issue catching a tram to the city centre. Bed was comfortable and there were lockers. Wasn't as clean as I would have liked though and they forgot to refund my deposit for the lock I hired and refused to do so when I realised a few hours later.

Good location close to train station and about 20 min walk into city centre. S-Bahn station close so free journey to city centre for interraillers. Right opposite the Augustiner beer hall (€5.50 for a litre). Bad first impressions when inattentive staff left us waiting an hour to check in. Probably not worth the price especially with unexplained increase for second night.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write this comment. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad first impression when you had to wait for check in. But usually our check in starts at 3pm. If the room is ready before that time we of course let you go to the room earlier, but if it isn't ready we just don't want you to walk into a room that's not cleaned yet. I hope you understand that. Safe travels, Alex

Comfortable bed and modern bathroom. Staff were friendly and helpful. Kitchen is small and missing some useful things like a cutting knife and the bar is pretty quiet but great location with a beer hall just across the road! The bed lockers don't lock so best to use the bigger lockers if you want security.

The 15:00 check in rule is crazy. Verrückt! I arrived in the early hours of the morning by train and was not allowed to check in or take a shower until the afternoon. It really messed the day up but the breakfast buffet made up for it!

If you're a single traveller looking to meet people, I would avoid this one. That being said, it's great for families or groups travelers. Not much socializing going on here though. Definitely take the tram from the Hoptbahnhof, it'll save you 30 mins.

The staff, location and service were fine. The lockers, though tall, we're narrow and no backpacks fit, regardless of size. I emptied out my backpack

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6