MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

Great hostel!

Great place to stay, short walk to public transportation and the main train station so it's easy to do day trips to the concentration camp memorial and king ludwigs castle. Place is very clean and it was nice that they had a kitchen available for use.

Great atmosphere and very helpful staff. They answered all my questions and need of knowing directions!

• 23rd May 2015

DO NOT STAY HERE. I had money stolen out of a locker with a hostel-rented lock that only employees would have access to. When I reported it no one at the front desk cared/apologized. They told me if I called the police nothing would happen anyway. Worst experience by far

• 22nd May 2015

Hi there, thank you very much for your review. First of all we want to apologize for all the inconveniences. We're really sorry that our staff didn't react in a helpful way. That is in every situation, but especially in one like that unacceptable and we will talk to our staff about it. To solve the issue it would be nice if you could contact us directly. Again our apologies and we wish you safe travels. Alex

This hostel was clean and secure. It's a pretty close walk to the train station too, which was nice. I'd recommend it and if stay there again. The room had lockers and the wifi worked great.

Hey Thanks for your nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to welcome you again soon! Best, Alex

Booked a 4 bed dorm, however we got a 8 bed dorm when checking in. Not a big deal, but just saying. Free fast wifi in rooms. Don't even bother taking the lift. It's stupidly small and barely fits 2 people with bags. The bunk beds have lights, but no power points up top. Splurge a little, get power points cranking and the overall stay would have been a 8-9 out of 10 for price. Customer service at the desk was always great. They also sell donuts. One guy said €2, the other girl €1.20... Er

• 18th May 2015

Had a great time. Great value for money an the staff were super friendly.

• 18th May 2015

Hey Thank you very much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your time in Munich and the stay with us. Hope to welcome you again anytime in the future in one of our MEININGER Hotels in all over Europe. Best, Alex

It was a nice hostel, not too far from the city center (not super central though), but right around the corner from the main bus stop, so that made it easy to get to transportation. Our room was nice and clean. Bedding was clean. It was a large hostel, so it didn't have the small hostel character, but had a nice common area and bar attached. I would recommend it to anyone in the future.

So expensive! But considering the price of the Munich city it's understandable. 15 min to go to Train station 30min to walk to sightseeing center. 5 mins to S bahn. Helpful stuff, willing to help. I borrowed an adapter for free. But no socket beside upper bed.

The hostel is close to the central station, and the hostel is really clean and comfy.

Everything's great! Only bad thing was that I couldn't find any free bed in the dorm. The staff helped in taking out someone's stuff who should have checked out but didn't. Suddenly in the middle of the night at 4 am some staff and a totally drunk guy who missed to check out came in and they let him sleep on a matrace on the floor and everyone woke up. The matrace was placed between bunk bed and bathroom door so I had to step on the guy to leave the top bed and hardly could enter the bathroom.

The room was fine and clean but the lockers didn't work properly. There were a lot of school kids on a trip at the same time and they were quite rude which spoiled the trip.

Friendly staff. Close to train station. Opposite of the famous restaurant. Great value. Recommended.

• 8th May 2015
  • Thailand

About 15 minutes walk from station and then 5 minutes walk from station to main sights. Great atmosphere and staff, only one bathroom between 8 which became abit of a problem in the morning, breakfast was okay and had a good nights sleep!

I had an ok time, I thought the lockers were a little small. There are no outlets by the bunk which sucks. The bar was pretty good.

Was a good stay. As I was alone on this trip, it would've been great to have met up with others in the awesome bar downstairs, however since the hostel was full of school groups, this wasn't possible. Staff were excellent!

Enjoyed my stay. Good location without being too high priced. 10 walk from Hauptbahnhof.

• 3rd May 2015
  • New Zealand

This hostel was definitely worth the money! My friends and I had booked separate 12 room dormitories and requested to be put together and we got a private room for the same price! The room was very clean!! The staff was extremely helpful and the hostel was in a great location. Just around the corner from the tram and train station. As well as super close to Springfest. It was perfect!

Hey Thank you so much for such a fantastic review. We are happy to hear you had a great time and enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon. Best, Alex

Very nice hostel and great value for the cost. As a side note I didn't think the breakfast was very good (not worth 7 eur)

Hey Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the stay with us. Hope to welcome you again in one of our MEININGER Hotels in all over Europe. Best, Toni

There was no free breakfast or towel even though I paid 38 euro per night for a 12 person room (which was way more than others in our room paid--we were definitely overcharged). Not a great value.

Hey Thanks for your review. We have daily rates so the price change during special periods or for example also the weekends. Actually you only pay a 1 Euro fee for the towel. Hope to welcome you again in one our MEININGER Hotels in all over Europe. Best, Toni

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6