MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

Unlike every other hostel we stayed at, they didn't have directions online. The wifi is supposed to work in every room, but doesn't in room 410. There is a severe lack of plugs in the rooms. Ran out of toilet roll and none was provided for almost a day. The "clean" bedding wasn't very clean.

Location is the worst thing here. Munich is a big city, but we couldn't find any convenience store/supermarket open late night at the neighborhood, but the hostel is still close from the subway station and bus station. Also, we tried to rent the hostel's bikes, but all were brooked. The atmosphere is nice, facilities also (they have a good bar with beers and drinks). A few families, not only young travelers.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • rfbohrer

Nice big rooms and clean bathrooms. A bit strange with the washing machine in the kitchen, and only having one! Very helpful staff

A bit far away from downtown but very close to the train station and ZOB bus station. During my 3 days staying there, it was good but the bathroom's floor always water around after someone took a bath even there's a dry/wet separate door there but seems didn't work very well. And the last day, clean lady didn't come to clean the room. The garbage can was full of toilette paper in the toilette, also, the toilette unable to flush water easily on the last day...

Great Stay but the bathroom got very dirty

I had booked the bed in a six bes room, but I finally was in a 8 beds room. It was not a big problem for me, but Italia was not correct by the hostel.

• 16th Aug 2015

I liked the spacious rooms and ample social space.

Good hostel for my short stay. Comfy beds, good location just a short walk to the city centre, wifi and atmosphere at the bar was good. Staff were also very helpful. Only downside was only having one shower in our room so I had to wait quite some time before I could get in

This is more of a hotel than a hostel. There was a 20/30 minute walk from the Munich Hbf Main station. However, it's location wasn't that bad and in close proximity to the Munich bus station. It is a good price for a short term stay.

The hostel should provide the fans or cooler because it is very hot during the night. We feel hot and can't sleep well. The other things are such as the services and the facilities.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Macau

We had to pay 2 euros for a towel instead in the french version of the website it was written that it was free. The very unprofesional woman at the reception told me that it was indeed a mistake but didn't give it for free. She could have done us a favor as it was a mistake from them.... the rest of the personal was very nice and very friendly.

Having stayed in the Brussels branch I thought this would be equally good - it is not. The rooms are too warm, with too much noise and he windows barely open. There are no sockets in secure places to charge a phone, or even a socket by the beds. My dorm (410) light was hanging off the wall exposing live wires. The lift never comes. The staff were not welcoming and were less than interested when I was robbed from my dorm. Security here is poor - someone entered the room using a spare key card.

• 12th Aug 2015

It's is too expensive for what it offers! The breakfast should be included and also the laundry! But it is clean and quite near the city center

A bit better than the one in Brussels, but you get a very distinct corporate feel. Don't expect any freebies or anyone to try to make you feel comfortable. Staff is professional, hostel is clean, location is decent.

First of all, do not consider staying here during the summer. All the hostel's facilities will make you roast, including during sleep time. Besides that, it's a good hostel. They are not in the city centre but they are very close to a train station and they also sell tickets for the transport. Buy there because some ticket machines in the station suck and don't give you change. The beds are comfortable and noiseless. Great point. The wifi was excellent inside the rooms, also.

Overpriced for a hostel..

• 7th Aug 2015

Nice hostel, though a bit of a walk from the main sites. One complaint: there is no AC and the rooms were really hot! Also, they serve breakfast but you have to pay extra - would be nice if it was included in the price.

it's close to Munich ZOB, but some walk to the central station (15mins?) Breakfast was very good, and you can pay 1€for additional takeaways, so that saves you food $$. They have an elevatbut very slow. room was clean. free locker if you have your own key.

Hostel is a good 15 min walk from the train station and 20 min to the centre. The 8 dorm room I was in had two decent size bathrooms, cleanliness down to occupants really. Lockers provided under the bunk beds which require your own padlock. Guest kitchen was overall good. There is a bar next to the reception. There is also an outdoor roof terrace which is good. There is only limited laundrette facilities 1 washer and 1 dryer for the whole hostel/hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful.

This hostel is idea for solo travellers! The facilities are excellent and the location isn't bad at all! I got double booked in my room and as soon as I let them know they automatically put me in a a single room with a double bed, very comfy!

• 4th Aug 2015