MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

The hostel is about 15 mins walk from the Main railway station, 5 mins walk to the local station. The staffs are pleasant. The facilities are as expected for the price quoted. Though the kitchen is a bit small for the whole hostel.

Good to stay if arrived by bus... But need 15 min to walk to railway station and half an hour to the city centre. Others ar good!

My review might not be helpful as the hostel was under construction during my stay. Hopefully it will improve. Rooms were clean and staff was great, but there was only one elevator that held 4 people at most and only one washer and dryer for the entire hostel, so do laundry early or expect to wait a few hours. Some rooms have better wifi connection than others. Decent experience nonetheless, nothing terrible.

The location is so convenient to the central station one stop only by taking train or by tram no. 19 . Six-person room is spacious. Each guest has their own big drawer at the bottom of the bed. Thanks to staff for their friendliness and smiling face. I will come back to stay again at my last stop of journey towards my home town, Hong Kong.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

I enjoyed my stay at the Meininger, but there are a lot of families who stay there, so for solo travellers, it does affect the atmosphere in my opinion. The bar, game rooms and staff I encountered were all awesome. Breakfast was quite expensive for what you get. The rooms were slightly dirty in my opinion. On the bunk beds, if you'll on the edge of the bed against the wall, it is covered in dust. That's me being very picky.

Washrooms were always wet, shower doors leaked. Common area downstairs was nice though and the breakfasts were AMAZING.

The shower doors leak horribly! The bathroom floor was wet all the time. Many families were staying here with young kids, which affected our stay a little bit. We were drinking and playing pool, we had money on the table for next game already and some young teens came in and took next game somehow, slightly uncomfortable. Overall it wasn't a bad place, I think we would stay somewhere else next time however.

Not a super location but only a five minute walk from the S-Bahn and two stops to Marienplatz and the historic center. Public transport in Munich is so comprehensive that not being in the center is not an issue. Some good low-key bars and restaurants are near the hotel. Bar and game room are a great place to meet people and connect with your roommates. Fresh towel every day. En suite shower and bath. I was very pleased with my stay. I will definitely come back when I'm in Munich again.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Our stay at Meininger Hostel in Munich was excellent. The staff were most welcoming, very friendly, and helpful...especially Pia. The facilities boasted an artsy modern feel. But the city itself holds a lot of history. Clean facilities with hotel-like amenities (ie. handsoap, towels, blow dryer) Would highly recommend to fellow travelers. Cheers!

Very spacious bunks, and great bathrooms. Liked having a kitchen even though it wasn't very well equipped, it had all the necessities. Staff were friendly. We missed our flight in the evening, and flew in the next morning and they held our beds for us so that we could checkin the next morning as soon as we arrived!

Hey there Thanks for the review. We´re glad you had enjoy your stay. Hope to welcome you again any time in the future in one of our MEININGER Hotels all over Europe. Best, Alex

Staff was exceedingly patient with my numerous queries and many times went the extra mile to suggest places i could visit or things i could do in Munich. I really appreciate their recommendations! The Augustiner Beer Hall just opposite the Hotel is worth a visit too, i think the Hotel could play up the fact that one of Munich's biggest beer halls(?) is located just opposite them. Could also consider selling alcohol at the counter (normal procedure for most of the day, until the evening).

Hi there, thanks a lot for your nice review. We will pass the compliments on to our staff. We do sell alcohol at night as well but only in the bar and not at the reception anymore. Hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Alex

WAY TOO TIGHT WITH THEIR LITTLE RULES ON EVERTHING. WAS NOT ALLOWED TO OPEN DOOR IN THE ROOM AND WAS NOT ABLE TO OPEN DE WINDOWS MORE THEN A LITTLE BIT. UNSATIFIED WITH ALL THE LITTLE RULES THEY MADE. THIS BESIDE THE FACT I GAVE THEM A "GOOD" RATING.

Hi there, thanks a lot for your review. We're sorry you didn't like our little rules. They are there for the safety of our guests (eg. the door in the room you're not allowed to open is an emergency exit). We hope you enjoyed your stay in Munich anyways. Best wishes, Alex

I liked it there. If they manage to fix the windows so it's possible to close them and you don't hear absolutely everything that is going on in the streets. The beds were decent and they clean well everyday. The thing I liked the least was the breakfast (poor and expensive). My stay was alright anyway, I would repeat if the price was a bit lower.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Hi, thanks a lot for your review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here. Safe travels, Alex

Very spacious room, with very clean and well sized bathroom and shower. Close to the train station, so it was easy to do day trips to surrounding areas. Only 1 stop away from the main station in Munich. Pretzels were 1 euro (not free)

Hello, thanks a lot for your great review! Hope to see you again in one of the many MEININGER Hotels all around Europe. Cheers, Alex

I though the hostel was excellent all round and made my 3 days in Munich very enjoyable. Thanks

Thank you so much! Safe travels, Alex

Nice place, but pretty big, so hard to have a good atmosphere, but would recommend! A good walk from the center, but close to the train station!

WiFi doesn't connect everywhere in the hostel. I had to keep my phone away from me in the room so that it can catch the WiFi signals.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • India

Hi there, thanks a lot for your review. We're sorry the WiFi signal was a bit weak. We'll check that ;) Best wishes, Alex

Really nice place to stay, within walking distance of the town centre and fantastically friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommend!

• 24th Feb 2015

Hi, thanks a lot for your nice review. We'll pass the compliments on to our staff. Best wishes, Alex

Not a fan of this hostel, but I guess it's focused more towards budget family holidays instead of lone travellers like myself. City centre not really in walking distance but there's a team pretty much right outside the door. Breakfast was good though, I paid €5.90 so I ate enough for breakfast and lunch each day!

Hi there, thanks a lot for your review. We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay as much. Did you visit our Bar? It's a great place to meet fellow travellers. Hope you enjoyed Munich anyways. Best wishes, Alex

We had a tough time there. Before se arrived,the staff told US they could receive our Bundesliga tickets for us, but they didn't and we lost 200 euros. Also, onde night someone got inside our room and stole our roomate's ipad. Finally, on our last night, the power went out in the kitchen, so se couldn't use it - the only thing the staff did was light up some candles. We wouldn't stay there again.

Hi there, We're always happy to accept our guest mail but we don't take responsibility for delivery time. To this day we haven't reveived your tickets. Since you were sleeping in a dormitory it's quite normal that your roommates are entering the room day and night. Concerning your Ipad we checked the dooropenings and nobody but people staying in that room entered. Therefore we asked your roommate to file a report at the local police station which he didn't want to do. Best wishes, Alex

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6