MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

The location is excellent because is close to a metro station and you can go to any place of the city. The staff are friendly and really helpfull with any kind of information. The wifi is really good, it works through the entire hostel. The only inconvenience is that they do not offer free breakfast, but beside this I had a wonderful stay at the hostel.

Clean. Quiet. Comfortable beds. I've stayed here twice and this was a better experience than my first. Right across the street from augustiner brewery, which has a great atmosphere

It was a really nice hostel. Clean and staff was friendly. Bathroom in the rooms was really nice! WiFi in the rooms wasn't great but they only guarantee the WiFi in the lobby so it wasn't a surprise. Breakfast buffet was good. Wasn't a bad walk from the S-Bahn. I'll stay there again when I return to Munich.

Located a short walk from the bus terminal and only 4 tram stops from the train station, this was a great place to stay! Staff were very nice and the rooms/bathrooms were really clean. The luggage room is securely locked and although there are lockers in the room, they are very skinny and difficult to fit large bags in (lock not included). Electrical plugs could be provided for each bed, and the lift took years to arrive when called. But I would 100% stay here again - it was the perfect place!

The hostel is very well located and easy to find! The staff are good and helpful. The structure is good, but there is no lockers and the bathroom was not so clean.

• 21st Dec 2014

Overall a very good stay. Convenient location, clean rooms and excellent staff who were very helpful when we had a complaint about a guest. The hotel could definitely do with a bigger and faster lift and more bowls and glasses in the kitchen as there were only a few (3?) and these always seemed to go missing. Having said this, I found everything else fine and good value for money. I would stay here again.

Menninger is a great place to stay in Munich, only a short walk from the main station. It's a bit further to the main square but you can just jump on a tram which will take 5 minutes! The hostel is also opposite the famous Augustiner Brewery - always bustling with locals and is a must visit for tourists. We stayed in the private room for three which was a very high standard of cleanliness and space! The bathroom was brand new and the shower had a really good pressure. Thanks for our stay!

• 14th Dec 2014

I only stayed a night - but the staff were super friendly, and the place was like a hotel. Why is there a TV in every room?

The hostel was okay but not really a hostel, it was more of a hotel. The rooms were decent size and had lockers but my room happened to smell pretty bad and the shower leaked all over the bathroom floor. There was no atmosphere here so as a solo traveler it was hard to meet other people. But it did have a good location and decent facilities.

Really very enjoyable stay. It is certainly not the cheapest hostel I have stayed at but the facilities were excellent. You get what you pay for and it was a good value I think. Thanks for making it a lovely stay.

• 12th Dec 2014

there seem to be a lot of school groups stay which is rather annoying. Other than that place was clean and generally spacious. Wifi was a bit on and off

• 11th Dec 2014

Okay so this place was hit and miss. On first arriving the place was full of soccer fans (smelly men) and the wifi wasn't working. To top it off my 12 bed mixed dorm smelt like 10 different smelly feet. So did my friends on the floor below but hers was worse. The only redeeming factor was that the staff were really nice and when I had to move rooma it was actually a very nice room(4bed) definitely worth money if you stay there. Also lift takes a million years and its a good 20 min walk to city

While the hostel promotes itself as being close to the central train station, it's actually easier to get off at the next stop to avoid a 20min walk. The rooms were nice and bathrooms were cleaned regularly. They had all the facilities you'd expect - lockers, free wifi, luggage storage etc. At times you'd think the place was called Meininger Elementary School with the amount of school groups, but I guess that's what you'd expect from a big hostel. Overall, a decent hostel, would return.

• 11th Dec 2014

This was my first time staying at any Meinenger hotel and I enjoyed it. I would suggest if you would like to get a bottom bunk to arrive early. Beds are claimed on a first come first serve status.

Wifi poor

I had an enjoyable stay at the Meinenger. My suggestion for others is to arrive early because beds are chosen on a first come first serve status.

"City Center" is a very loose use of the phrase. Definitely not a hostel culture type place. Internet was terrible both in room and in the lobby.

Internet Facilities were not good at all

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Bangladesh

kitchen was absolutely filthy - only cleaned once during our stay of 3 nights. Guests were doing their washing up but the floors, benches and table were always dirty. There wasn't even a frying pan, no toaster and only four bowls - crazy when you consider that this is a 6 floor hostel/hotel. The wifi almost never worked for anyone - maybe for 20 every half hour you could load a page. Hopeless! our dorm stank like old shoes and armpits. Avoid!!

Good location for oktoberfest/if you are coming into town by bus. Check out is at 10, but I was woken up by the cleaning ladies at 9 and then they just stood there and watched me to get out of bed and move my things so that they could take the bedding. Cleaning should start at 10. There's a reason for setting a check out time!!!! I never got to use the ensuite either because someone was always in it, so I just went all the way down to the lobby. Major body odor smell in rooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7