MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

I was amazed to see how great it was ye

• 31st Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

All really clean. Great atmosphere and just next to the main station. I dont know for a long stay but for a weekend break was great. I would definately come back.

The machines in Meininger Munich Center City ( locker for luggage, washmachine) don`t give change back and despite of knowing it, the staff don`t advise. Also it is a little desorganized.

• 27th Jan 2016

This hostel is great! Clean and fun and close to public transportation, great wifi and quiet, plus you can get everything you need (stamps, bike, tickets) at the front desk.

I was cheated by one of the receptionists when booking a tour with them. I decided that I wanted to go to Neuschwanstein, and I wanted to go by myself, I asked one of the receptionist if he had any advice on how to get there and he told me that everyone booked the tour, they never went by themselves because it was more expensive, the tour was supposed to include the entrance ticket and the ride to and from the city, however, the ticket was not included and I ended up paying 12 more euros for it.

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Argentina

The dorm was amazing and the staff really friendly! Some guests took things from the kitchen all the time so it was hard to cook :( But loved it and will be back for sure!!

Great facilities. Only one washer and one dryer. The attached bar is nice. About a 10 minute walk to the train station. HB is about half an hour walk, but the Augustiner bier hall is directly across the street. The luggage room isn't locked or watched by cameras. Rooms are kept very clean

Located a short all from the main station, close to restaurants, bars and one or two beer halls. The 6 person dorm we stayed in was clean and reasonably spacious, along with separate adjoining rooms for both the shower and bathroom. One downside was a lack of power sockets in the room, since there were three or so distributed oddly around the room rather than corresponding to the beds. Breakfast was good, and moderately priced. White youth oriented with plenty going on, with tours available.

Hostel had a clinical feeling which best resembled a hotel, lacked atmosphere for a solo traveller. Good value though if all you need is a bed. Ensuite was clean. Breakfast was expensive at €6.90 and kitchen was awfully small. Overall this would be a great hostel if you're making a group booking or travelling with family, solo travellers should look elsewhere if you're looking to meet up with others. Location is a bit out of the way however this was made up for by the beer hall accros the road

Best in Munich! Location is excelent 5 minutes away the central bus station & 15 from the central train station, is clean & modern you feel that you're at a hotel not a hostal, everything was clean and felt like new, fast internet, elevator, kitchen, fridge. The common room is huge and also have a bar. big luggage room, they have shuttles to the city center & bars, lots of places nearby to eat something also they sell soft beverages & food. 100% recommend!!

Had a horrible smell in my room since I got there. Probably a clogged pipe in the bathroom. Apart from that the hotel was very good, and the staff super friendly and helpful. The location was the worst thing since it is about 13 mins walking from the station and about half an hour to Marienplatz

HI there, thanks a lot for staying with us and your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here. Did you know we are well connected to the public transportation? With the S-Bahn or Tram (both reachable within a very short walk) you're in just a couple of minutes in the city center. Just ask for more information our staff :) Hope to see you again soon, Alex

Nice and close to public transport (trams and zob), close to supermarkets and a few pubs which is handy. The place is pretty good and happy they have a kitchen for the cheaper people to cook haha. Would stay again for sure :)

At first view it seems to be a really good hostel, but it is just the frontage. Every facility need to be paid, and none of them is cheap (except the laundry). The wifi only work in the reception. My room was terrible. Both sanitarian were broke. My bed was so high that I couldn't sit on it and even going down was difficult. The shower was ridiculous. I strongly recommend any other hostel in Munich.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room I stayed in had very poor ventilation and the windows could not be opened fully, which lead to a smelly and overly humid room and made me stay in there only when I really had to. Also, there was a bit fungus in the shower. :/

i thought it is really tidy and clean hostel in munich. i stay 12dormitory and it was really good. It was best hostel that i ever visited. I really recommend this hostel.

Hi there, thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here and we're looking forward to welcoming you to another MEININGER Hotel soon. Cheers, Alex

The hostel is really close to the Central Train Station (Hbf) and Central Bus Station (Zob) and 30 min walking from the city center but is easily connected to tram and S-bahn (suburban trains) network. The room is old and the showers are terrible. There aren't enough socket powers in the dorm for 12 people

The room I was in (the 12 bed mixed dorm) never really felt all that clean and there was old garbage from people who had checked out in the room for days. The location was great as was the staff but I think if I were to return I'd look somewhere else first, and probably not stay over New Years!

everything is very nice!

6 euros for breakfast + 1,50 for every peace you wanted to take away for later. They wouldnt be very serious about cleaning the bathroom and after 12 peopl shared it for 1 day you can imagine. Also there was a balcony in the room and when we opened it to change the air of the room because it smelled really bad, a woman came and said we had to pay 150 euros for that, we refused and didnt pay, there was a very small warning about it along with a lot of other things in the glass so it was not fair.

It was all a great experience apart from money being Rajeev from a bag in our room when we were out.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your rating. We hope to welcome you soon in one of our Meininger Hotels. Kind regards, Alex

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7