MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

I only stayed a night - but the staff were super friendly, and the place was like a hotel. Why is there a TV in every room?

The hostel was okay but not really a hostel, it was more of a hotel. The rooms were decent size and had lockers but my room happened to smell pretty bad and the shower leaked all over the bathroom floor. There was no atmosphere here so as a solo traveler it was hard to meet other people. But it did have a good location and decent facilities.

• 12th Dec 2014

Really very enjoyable stay. It is certainly not the cheapest hostel I have stayed at but the facilities were excellent. You get what you pay for and it was a good value I think. Thanks for making it a lovely stay.

• 12th Dec 2014

there seem to be a lot of school groups stay which is rather annoying. Other than that place was clean and generally spacious. Wifi was a bit on and off

• 11th Dec 2014

Okay so this place was hit and miss. On first arriving the place was full of soccer fans (smelly men) and the wifi wasn't working. To top it off my 12 bed mixed dorm smelt like 10 different smelly feet. So did my friends on the floor below but hers was worse. The only redeeming factor was that the staff were really nice and when I had to move rooma it was actually a very nice room(4bed) definitely worth money if you stay there. Also lift takes a million years and its a good 20 min walk to city

While the hostel promotes itself as being close to the central train station, it's actually easier to get off at the next stop to avoid a 20min walk. The rooms were nice and bathrooms were cleaned regularly. They had all the facilities you'd expect - lockers, free wifi, luggage storage etc. At times you'd think the place was called Meininger Elementary School with the amount of school groups, but I guess that's what you'd expect from a big hostel. Overall, a decent hostel, would return.

• 11th Dec 2014

This was my first time staying at any Meinenger hotel and I enjoyed it. I would suggest if you would like to get a bottom bunk to arrive early. Beds are claimed on a first come first serve status.

Wifi poor

I had an enjoyable stay at the Meinenger. My suggestion for others is to arrive early because beds are chosen on a first come first serve status.

"City Center" is a very loose use of the phrase. Definitely not a hostel culture type place. Internet was terrible both in room and in the lobby.

Internet Facilities were not good at all

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Bangladesh

kitchen was absolutely filthy - only cleaned once during our stay of 3 nights. Guests were doing their washing up but the floors, benches and table were always dirty. There wasn't even a frying pan, no toaster and only four bowls - crazy when you consider that this is a 6 floor hostel/hotel. The wifi almost never worked for anyone - maybe for 20 every half hour you could load a page. Hopeless! our dorm stank like old shoes and armpits. Avoid!!

Good location for oktoberfest/if you are coming into town by bus. Check out is at 10, but I was woken up by the cleaning ladies at 9 and then they just stood there and watched me to get out of bed and move my things so that they could take the bedding. Cleaning should start at 10. There's a reason for setting a check out time!!!! I never got to use the ensuite either because someone was always in it, so I just went all the way down to the lobby. Major body odor smell in rooms.

guest kicken very dirty..i disappoint.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • South Korea

HI there, thank you for your review. We're sorry you weren't satisfies with our guest kitchen. Our staff cleans the guest kitchen twice every day. In between those times we rely on our guests to clean up their messes. Hope you enjoyed your time in Munich anyways. Best wishes

Decent place. Location is alright but not great, walking distance to a supermarket and the central train station. Staff are friendly, though not overly-so. Very clean, comfy beds. Bathrooms in every room, with good showers; however, the kitchen is poorly stocked, with no chef's knives, frying pans, or even basic cooking necessities like oil, salt, or pepper. Atmosphere was crappy, with a lot of elementary school students running around and the bar always empty. Internet is very spotty as well.

Everything was great. Good location, clean rooms and friendly staff

• 27th Nov 2014

Hi there, thanks a lot for your awesome rating and review. We hope to see you again soon in one of the many MEININGER Hotels all around Europe! Safe travels

The Meininger could do with a little more 'home-feeling'. It is more like a hotel and not like a cosy hostel where you could feel at home. The dorms don't have little lights for each bed. This is a nuisance if you come back late at night and don't want to wake up anybody. Take a torch. It would be great if the Meininger would install bedsite lamps.

Hi there, thank you very much for staying with us and writing this review. Thanks for your tip with the bedside lamps. We actually do have them in most of our dormitories, but it appears one must have slipped from our side. We will check that asap. :) We hope you enjoyed your stay in Munich anyways.

Hostel is very clean and nice.Very close to public transports and in front of Augustiner brewery :) The only thing i didn't like is the price of breakfast.In my opinion is too expensive even if were very good.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're glad you had a good time here. You have the option to book breakfast for an extra of 5,90EUR. It is an all you can eat buffet with drinks, Conflakes, fruit and different kinds of bread, ham and cheese, jam.... and more. Hope to see you again in one of the many MEININGER Hotels all around Europe.

Although it was a slight inconvenience to be staying when there was contraction going on in the hostel, it was still a very enjoyable experience.

• 10th Nov 2014

Hi there, thanks a lot for your review. We're very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here. Make sure to visit us again next time you're in Munich. Cheers!

great hostel, staff very friendly and helpful. bar fun. no lockers in rooms though.

Hi there, thanks for your nice review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here. We have lockers in most of our rooms. If there are none in the room you can always use the ones at the reception. If you liked us also check out the MEININGER Hotels all around Europe. Safe travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7