MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

Not really "in the heart of Munich", it's a bit outside of the heart. 10 euros for late checking is too much. Slowest elevator in the world. The room was noisy (directly on a big street) and not very well organised. Overall ok but a bit overpriced.

Close to the train station and Marienplazt. Good location clean room. but the toilet is a little bit small. overall is good,recommand.

Overall a good hostel, but there are no lockers in some of the dorm rooms! It's also quite far from the city centre, and about a 10 minute wall from the main train station (wombats is about a 1 min walk, I passed about 15 hostels on the way to meininger). Also my room was a 4 bed dorm which consisted of one set of bunks and a double bed which was strange. Good wifi, nice bathrooms and clean. Staff helpful and gave a map on checkin which was nice

I had a bad experience with this hostel, they don´t arrange the beds in the top, and they should notice this information, because I arrived very late at night, with my girlfriend, and was quite annoying for the other when I was organizing it.(Later I figured out that this is not contracted the cleaning/organizing of top The breakfast is not a good value for the money, Not recommended. I asked to be moved from room, the other rooms (2) were completely dirty, housekeeping is not good at all.

Great place, friendly staff. Location just 10 minutes walk from Hauptbahnhof. Can't really say anything bad about it, yes the locker was too small for my big rucksack but I've never known anyone want to steal my dirty laundry so it wasn't really a problem. I was very impressed by all aspects of it and will return if I'm in Munich

It is perfect for 2 days in munich. Clean, quite, convenient location. Friendliness and helpful staffs. I like the kitchen and table outside for dinner/breakfast. And there is washing room. Value for money

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Vietnam

Moldy breakfast that you had to pay for, non friendly staff, unwelcoming building with cold atmosphere. No lockers, just a big stoarge room for everyones stuff. It was clean and had nice beds however. The rest was very cut and dry and not comfortable.

Really close(1km) to the the Hackebrücke and the bus stop.

Everything was near by. Except we found it difficult in finding a shop/supermarket for food, even in the centre of town. The staff were very nice and the kitchen had good facilities. However, our 12 person room did not have sufficient amount of plugs and the wifi didnt work.

OMG this hostel is great! You would never think your in Germany from how friendly the staff is! Can't remember there names but the people at the front desk are super nice and helpful! Very good locationl because its close to Marian Platz. Oh yeah.... Yoko is a babe!!

• 20th Aug 2014

Wonderful hostel, I was only there for 1 night. Comfortable beds, clean bathroom, very friendly staff. Don't forget to push down hard on the door handles to the bedrooms. Very nice breakfast. I would come back here. Thank you!

Much more of a hotel then a hostel so the facilities are nice but not much of a backpackers atmosphere at all. Very close to the main train station which is nice if you're just staying there one night as a stop over (like I did), but not a good location for an extended stay. Beer at their bar is pretty cheap for Munich standards. Pretty expensive for a hostel as well.

Our 4 bed dorm had no lockers despite lockers being advertised. So that was a pain. The kitchen was well stocked but an absolute mess almost all the time due to unclean guests and staff presumably neglecting it. This hostel is a little bit more of a hike from the station than you might imagine, with suitcases or packs I might suggest getting the S-Bahn to Hackerbrucke. Still, a perfectly adequate hostel.

The 12-bed dorm I'd booked into was actually a pair of 6-bed dorms, so there was more privacy than I was expecting. Location is convenient for the railway station (10-minute walk), but city centre attractions are a bit further away. There is a great traditional Munich pub just across the road. If you are travelling alone the bar at Meininger can be a good place to meet fellow travellers.

Our room was shocking. It was an 8 bed dorm which looked nothing like the photos. The lockers were tiny - our bags didn't fit in and considering we were interrailing around Europe it hadn't been a problem we had/or since encountered. It turned out the other 5 people in our dorm couldn't fit their bags in their lockers either so the floor space was taken up by luggage. The lockers were covered in dust, as was the tv. Old bedding left on beds!

Fun hostel, very nice staff, great bar to hang out and meet other hostelers!

Hi there, thanks a lot for your nice review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed staying here. We enjoyed having you here as well :) Safe travels, Alex

The lift was WAY too slow (to the point that you could wait more than 5 minutes). There is only one kitchen to the entire building (6 floors) and it can get overflowed with people, or it doesn't have lots of stuff for you to use. The only frying pan had no grip, so it was hard to fry stuff and the other pans were way too small, while the bigger one was way too big. Also, no sharp knifes for meat or vegetables. The tv only has german channels (but I think they say that somewhere in the website)

Meininger was great! Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The hostel itself was very clean and well laid out with a lot of information for tourists. Also can't complain with a free upgrade to a private room! Highly recommended!

Rooms didn't have are conditioner which means you have to stand a lot of heat

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Egypt

When I arrived, the sheets of my bed hadn't been changed, but nevermind :) the second best hostel of the trip !

Hi there, thanks a lot for your kind review. We're sorry your bed hadn't been changed, but I suppose our staff helped you with that as soon as you informed them :) Happy travels! Alex

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7