MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

Amazing hostel.... For whom wo wants a calm place... Very good!

I spent a couple of days there, it was a good experience in my opinion. The hostel is quite big and not so far from Central Train Station and City Center. Staff is young and kind and provided me all the info I needed.

HI, thanks a lot for your nice review. Hope to see you again next time you're in Munich. Cheers, Alex

Good location, nice staff! Just the washing machine drove me crazy...

Hi, thanks a lot for staying with us and your review. We're happy to hear you were happy with your stay here. Make sure to visit us again next time you're in Munich. Cheers, Alex

Best hostel I have ever been to in Munich

• 31st Dec 2014

The room waa very good, however there were no lockers. Another thing that could be improved is the bathroom door, which allows a lot of noise to come out of it, what may be unpleasant.

Hi, thanks a lot for your review. We have a couple of rooms without locker. In case we put you in one of those you can always get a small locker in the lobby. Just ask at the reception. Hope to see you again soon in one of the many MEININGER Hotels all around Europe. Cheers, Alex

The hostel is quite good. I reccomend it. The cancelation policy is terrible. Its not a reservation, its a trap !!!! They have all this strict rules, but they dont appologize for changing your room during your stay (so you have to check in and out more then usual) and placing you in a different type of room that you've reserved. They just inform you... And later, they charge you for late check out. Its a good hostel, but they are quite desrespectful.

• 27th Dec 2014

The organization of the bed with lockers could be better, some of the lockers was blocked by the wall!

Hi there, thanks for your review. We'll check the rooms for the lockers and try to rearrange it. Thanks! Alex

The staff were friendly, check in process was adequate. If you are looking for atmosphere, drinking and part- this is NOT the hostel for you. It very much feels like a converted hotel and they charge pretty high prices for additional services (washing, pool table, internet terminal use). Room is big enough (stayed in 6 person dorm) and bathroom was clean. WiFi was okay, not super fast. Didn't bother with breakfast.

Good for sleeping. Too many people, too much movement, it was not very clean. Nice bar though.

PROS: Nice new-looking building. Soft sheets! CONS: Dorm bathrooms not cleaned daily - I know we should clean up after ourselves but in reality this doesn't happen, I ended up using the lobby bathroom a lot because ours was disgusting. Location is really out-of-the-way, the name "city centre" is a stretch. Our sink broke, leaking water all over the floor, and when I reported it to a staff member he literally said "well what do you want me to do about it?"

• 26th Dec 2014

Hi there, thank you for your comment. All our rooms and bathrooms are cleaned on a daily basis. I'm not sure why your bathroom wasn't cleaned but I'll have a look into that and will talk to our housekeeping staff about it. I hope you enjoyed Munich anyways. Best wishes, Alex

It was a nice hostel, more like a business hotel feel. It wasn't the friendliest hostel I've been in, it felt very cold/business like. Wasn't very cosy at all. The staff seems overworked and unhappy. But overall it's a nice place.

This is a really great hostel and I highly recommend staying here. The staff let me use an adaptor for a deposit that I got back when I returned the adaptor. You may have to rent a towel, so I would recommend bringing your own. The breakfast is not included but is worth the price of 5.90! I recommend doing it. The location is good, but not ideal. There are other hostels closer to the hauptbanhof. There is wi-fi throughout the building, but it is a bit spotty in the rooms.

Hi there, thanks a lot for your review. We're happy you enjoyed staying here. Safe travels, Alex

Just as nice as the Brussels location. Friendly staff and a great location. Met lots of travelers along the way. My phone didn't like the wifi, but seems to happen to me all over Europe.

The location is excellent because is close to a metro station and you can go to any place of the city. The staff are friendly and really helpfull with any kind of information. The wifi is really good, it works through the entire hostel. The only inconvenience is that they do not offer free breakfast, but beside this I had a wonderful stay at the hostel.

Hi, thanks a lot for your nice review. We offer an all you can eat breakfast buffet for 5,90EUR. There are plenty of different foods and drinks for you to choose from. Would be great to see you again in one of the many MEININGER Hotels all around Europe. Best wishes, Alex

Clean. Quiet. Comfortable beds. I've stayed here twice and this was a better experience than my first. Right across the street from augustiner brewery, which has a great atmosphere

Hi, thanks a lot for choosing us again! We're happy you enjoyed your stay and we'll hopefully see you around here for a third time as well :) Best wishes, Alex

It was a really nice hostel. Clean and staff was friendly. Bathroom in the rooms was really nice! WiFi in the rooms wasn't great but they only guarantee the WiFi in the lobby so it wasn't a surprise. Breakfast buffet was good. Wasn't a bad walk from the S-Bahn. I'll stay there again when I return to Munich.

Hi, thanks a lot for your great review! Make sure to visit us again next time you're in Munich. Cheers, Alex

Located a short walk from the bus terminal and only 4 tram stops from the train station, this was a great place to stay! Staff were very nice and the rooms/bathrooms were really clean. The luggage room is securely locked and although there are lockers in the room, they are very skinny and difficult to fit large bags in (lock not included). Electrical plugs could be provided for each bed, and the lift took years to arrive when called. But I would 100% stay here again - it was the perfect place!

Hi there, thank you for your nice review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here! Hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Alex

The hostel is very well located and easy to find! The staff are good and helpful. The structure is good, but there is no lockers and the bathroom was not so clean.

• 21st Dec 2014

Hi there, thank you for your review. We have lockers in most of our bigger rooms. For the few that don't have one in the room there are lots in the lobby which you can use. Hope you had a good time in Munich. Cheers, Alex

The used bed sheets were left on the beds when we arrived. Later the crew helped change it into the new ones.

Great place to stay. Safe area to be in and easy access to public transportation. The bar is a great place to meet other people and drink.