MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

6 euros for breakfast + 1,50 for every peace you wanted to take away for later. They wouldnt be very serious about cleaning the bathroom and after 12 peopl shared it for 1 day you can imagine. Also there was a balcony in the room and when we opened it to change the air of the room because it smelled really bad, a woman came and said we had to pay 150 euros for that, we refused and didnt pay, there was a very small warning about it along with a lot of other things in the glass so it was not fair.

It was all a great experience apart from money being Rajeev from a bag in our room when we were out.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your rating. We hope to welcome you soon in one of our Meininger Hotels. Kind regards, Alex

Great accommodations for singles traveling alone. Very helpful staff over the holidays.

• 26th Dec 2015

Stayed in better Meininger before, but this one is not too shabby. Excellent staff, very helpful. Though far from the city centre, the closest station takes you to almost everywhere, very convenient. Top bunk should probably have a plug point too.

Hi there, thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and hope to welcome you back again soon in one of the many MEININGER Hotels all around Europe. Best wishes, Alex

Nice hostel, I would definitely go back. Really secure, close to many points in Munich. For € 9 you can park your car, but there are close places where you can park overnight. You have to take your own padlock and choose carefully your own locker, not all of them work properly. Really good area for socializing, with a bar, a lot of places to sit and chill. The beds don't have outlets, that's really awful. It is clean, with a lot of space in the bedrooms and bathrooms. I really liked it.

Great hostel, would stay again if I find myself in München!

• 24th Dec 2015

The hostel is really great. It's more like a hotel than a hostel but you can still meet a lot of people on their journey as well. The room was good and cozy. The bathroom was clean. There was only 2 lockers in the 4 beds dorms but it was okay. The hostel was less than 2 km away from the hbf station and the tram station was right out side. The reception people were helpful and welcoming.

The Meininger Hotel was a great place to stay while I was in Munich. Very friendly staff and a fairly central location. It was not difficult to get around from the location, whatsoever and the other people staying at the hotel were incredibly fun as well. Would definitely stay there again!

Hi there, thank you very much for your nice review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and wish you a merry Christmas. Best wishes, Alex

The rooms are small and cramped. As a young woman, I was put in a room of all men. The beds are not comfortable and you must make the bed completely yourself, including putting the duvet cover on. Electrical outlets are limited (maybe 3-4 outlets for a room with 8 bunks). The bathroom was attached to the room, but it was very small and very dirty with hair in the sink and toilet seat. I guess a bed is a bed, but this hostel is not what you want after a long journey to Munich.

Good location, staff were helpful, rooms were large and clean, beds were comfy and wifi was good. 2 lockers in our room were broken, we reported this to the front desk but they said to use the other lockers in our room as 2 girls were yet to check in. I was reluctant to use someone else's locker but was told it was first come, first serve. I do not agree and think this was very poor service.

Dear Guest, thank you for your rating. We always try our best to keep everything working. In this case I´m sure our stuff offered the other guests in the room another option. Always tell your concerns at the reception and we will be happy to help you. Kind regards, Alex

The windows don't isolate the noise of the street properly

• 18th Dec 2015

Dear Guest, thank you for you rating. If there are any problems with the room, just come to the reception and we will help you in any case. Kind regards, Alex

I didn't enjoy my stay here at all, despite all the good reviews I read. Unfortunately I had a few rude interactions with the same staff member who disregarded my problems and made me feel like I was wasting his time. I did bring this to the managers attention at the end of my stay, however the kitchen is poorly equipped and much too small. The wifi connection was terrible, and there is a serious lack of outlets for charging. Pros: The bathrooms were clean and the bunks were comfortable.

Hostel is very close to the central bus station but very far walk to the city center. (Good for day trips out to Salzburg and the castle and the Dahau but not so good for spending time in the city) The kitchen is not as well equipped as other MEININGER rooms and was very small. There was no space when only a couple people used the room.

Dear Guest, thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write this review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here. Best wishes, Alex

Definitely not in the Centre, but a good 25 or 30 minute walk away. There is a tram just outside though. Rooms were pretty good and clean, the kitchen could have been cleaner. The environment was a bit clinical, as can be expected from a hostel that size, but they had a good lounge and bar. I saw people with babies staying there so I assume it was accomodating.

Dear Guest, thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write this review. We clean our guest kitchen twice a day but in between those times we rely on the guests to clean up after themselves. We hope you enjoyed your time in Munich. Best wishes, Alex

Unfortunately not a good experience. Stayed for three days and was daily struggle with internet connection - only worked in stair case or far corner of bedroom. Our bathroom not sure if it was cleaned or not smelt like urine every day and there was a dirty hand towel left in there (again not sure if it's provided or was left by backpacker). Need a toast in kitchen otherwise okay. Lift was very small and hardly ever available. Could only fit one person with a bag or three without at most.

Hi there, thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We're very sorry to hear you weren't completely satisfied with your stay here. All rooms are cleaned on a daily basis, but we'll check your room to find out why it smelled bad. We hope you enjoyed Munich anyways. Best wishes, Alex

Could have a a room safe.

• 14th Dec 2015

Dear Guest, thank you for your rating. We offer lockers right at the reception, for 5 Euros deposit. Kind regards, Alex

Great location to the metro. Very walkable to many things. Room was nice and the facilities were clean. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Dear Guest, thank you very much for kind rating. Kind regards, Alex

i like to much . very nice from everything.

• 13th Dec 2015
  • Morocco

Dear Guest, thank you for your rating. Kind regards, Alex

great Location. good value for Money. staff average, not very supportive and slightly more on the arrogant side

Hi there, thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write this review. We're glad you liked your stay here and we would like to welcome you back again in one of the 16 MEININGER Hotels all around Europe. Best wishes, Alex

Having stayed at Meininger Brussels in the past, had high expectations. Whilst it wasn't a bad stay, didn't really live up to expectations. 12 bed dorm split into 4 and 8 which was a nice touch (2 bathrooms too). Kitchen area was narrow and cramped considering how many people wanted to use it. Bar not open until 8 (shame for backpackers hoping to meet others). Bavarian atmosphere advertised yet non existent. Location good for bus station but quite far from the centre (20 min walk). Average stay.

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to write us your review. We will try our best to improve the points you mentioned. Concidering the bar, Why dont you use our gameroom or the guest kitchen next time to meet new people? Beer can also be bought at the reception ;) Thake care & safe travels, Alex