MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

The staff Yoko was really nice. I really appreciate for her. This hostel is quite nice but breakfast is so expensive.

The location is not quite convent and they don't have hair dryer in the room. The stuffs sometimes are friendly sometimes are not so welcoming. Overall it's an okay hostel for me.

Way too hot, specially in the bedrooms. It was absolutely impossible to sleep because of how much I was sweating and there was not even a fan or anything like that we could use.

• 7th Jun 2015

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to write this review. As long as we have spare fans at the reception we are really happy to offer you one. You are correct it was really hot the last couple of days because summer is coming :-) Hope to welcome you again in one of our MEININGER Hotels in all over Europe. Best, Toni

The hostel was great, it had everything we needed. The kitchen was good for us to make breakfast, though there could be more spoons forks and knives. The laundryroom was great and easy to use once we found it. The beds were realy comfortable compared to other hostels we've stayed at.

Little expensive for the room.

Great hostel, felt like I was in a hotel. Only problem was a serious lack of windows and ventilation. I was in the 12-bed room and it got so ridiculously hot and smelled so bad. The rooms need air conditioning or windows that fully open.

Hey Thanks for sharing your impressions of MEININGER Hotel Munich with other travelers. We appreciate you took the time to write this review. We offer fans as well as keys for the windows at the reception feel free to ask anytime. We hope you enjoyed the start of summer in Munich and the stay with us. Cheers, Toni

I loved that there was wifi everywhere! A lot of hostels do not have that. I also loved having the luggage room to keep my things in after I checked out so I could explore the city!

• 4th Jun 2015

A little far from everything... but there is a good beer hall across the street which makes up for it.

The staff were great and let me do some printing even though I had a lot of pages. The beds were comfy and the rooms were quite large. They had a nice outdoor area to eat dinner or just chill. Good Wi-Fi. Close to public transport and the Augustiner-Keller beer garden which was great. There did seem to be a lot of school children around though and €6.90 seems a bit much for breakfast.

The breakfast was huge, the staff were nice, it's an easy walking distance to certain things, and the rooms were fairly decent. Also, free pretzels. Overall, a pretty good hostel.

Hey there! Thanks allot for your great review. I hope you enjoyed Munich and perhaps we can welcome you again in one of our Meininger hotels around Europe :) Take care, Alex

Top quality facilities like a hotel. Perfect location for the Oktoberfest, but otherwise a bit of a walk to anything interesting.

Wifi wasn't strong. It was weak in the rooms.

at night a extreemly drunk guy came into the dorm ,slamed the door and made a lot of noise!! i was sure the staff must have heared it,but nobody came up to check. they must be used to things like that,specialy during the Oktoberfest!!

The hostel is located 15 minutes' walk from Hauptbahnhof, but easily accessible with tram 18 or 19. We appreciated how clean our 3-person room was. Wi-fi worked excellently, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The room comes with the added bonus of a tv as well. Would definitely book another stay here next time I return to Munich.

A little far from the centre, but good public transport near hostel direct to centre. Sociable bar area as well as a nice terrace on the roof. Kitchen facilities were good and 5.50 euros for decent breakfast. Good wifi in room.

I stayed in 12 bed dormitory for 5 nights. People are supposed to leave their personal card beside their bed, but they just do not follow the rules, hence for the first night I simply couldn't figure out which bed was occupied. You need to use your own padlock for the locker in your room, but the lockers are very old styled and not secure enough. Should improve the design of the shower door as it makes the toilet floor wet all the time. Or at least place a mat at the door of the toilet.

A good hostel, but it is situated right on one of the main streets, so the noise from the traffic can be quite disturbing. Some people won't mind it.

Not a good hostel for a single traveller. Packs of school children running around, everything costs extra. Felt more like a bad hotel with bunk beds rather than a hostel. On the plus side decent location by the train stations and not far from the city centre.

Hey there! I'm really sorry that our hostel did not meet your expectations. Nevertheless, thank you for your review. Best wishes, Alex

Short stay, very nice. Good location close to train station and oldest beer hall in the city. Helpful staff.

Great hostel!