MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

Had a mixed experience here. Had to switch rooms every night which was very inconvenient and this was not uncommon. More like a hotel than other hostels I stayed so the atmosphere wasn't great (there were lots of families and older guests). The kitchen was severely under equipped (really no pot to boil water?) and the second room I stayed in was quite gross (plugged toilet, no freshly made beds). However, the bar and lobby were great, there's cheap laundry and I met some awesome people here.

It was a nice place in a good location, only 10 minutes' walk straight down the road from the central station. The staff were all very friendly and helpful while serving you. However, my 10-bed dorm felt a wee bit too cramped and felt like it could do with two beds less. It's a branch of a very good brand/chain of hostels but having stayed in slightly better branches before, this one felt like it could have been that bit better. But overall still a good place to stay in while visiting Munich.

The room was fine, we did expect a bit more given the cost but we survived. We did however think the €6.90 price tag for breakfast was arrogant and way too high. We have had buffet breakfasts at hostels that were much much cheaper than this with over double the quality and quantity.

Super clean rooms, nice location and very helpful staff. Thanks for everything.

Hey there! Well, i can only pass on the thanks back to you ;) It's always great hearing from our guests that they've enjoyed their stay in our hotel. Really hope we can welcome you some time again in one of our Meininger's. Until then, take care and safe travels Alex

Travelling with a family, the hostel was safe and comfortable. The room was clean, quiet and suited us well. The staff were well informed and helpful. We enjoyed the outdoor space behind the hostel with benches & chairs. However, the kitchen was tiny for such a huge hostel, and laughably understocked with just one small pan, no glasses or mugs and lacking pretty much all basic kitchen equipment. If you're on a budget and cooking your own meals as you go, don't rely on this one!

This place was really nice and clean and more like a hotel than a hostel, so wouldn't be good for solo travelers or party people. It was also a bit far out from city centre, however it was really well kept!!

the private rooms are a bit expensive for the room and facilities.

was not impressed with my stay here. They switched our room on the second night without telling us so when we got back our second night, we went to our original room, the key worked, we walked in on a full room of new people with our things missing. the staff were not very accommodating for this problem. won't go back.

Great value for money! Ease to get there (using the tram) and close enough to the city centre. Super safe and reliable staff.

• 25th Jul 2015

This Hostel is great! It is very clean and the staff is very helpful! It was also nice to have a bar downstairs to meet other people staying at the hostel. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 24th Jul 2015

Room was small but clean. Hotel was in a good location as it was close to the s bahn and there was a beer hall across the road. However the doors for the rooms slammed loudly and staff didn't seam to enforce the quiet down after 10pm rule so had little sleep for all 3 nights stayed. Good if travelling on a budget and don't mind lack of sleep

The hostel is located a good distance away from the train station and city center. I found everything to be a little too expensive there as well, charging almost 4 euro for one bottled water. Security is good. There was no AC and Munich can get very warm on summer days. The hostel also has its own bar which was very lively... Overall I just think it was overpriced for a mediocre experience and mediocre location.

Firstly, I am travelling with 3 under age boys, and when I did the reservation in your web page, you didnt tell me nothing about a german law that we couldnt sleep in our room because there was an adult in there. Secondly, I paid 50 euros when I reserved for nothing, because they cancelled my reservation due to the law. I want my 50 euros back please.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Spain

This hostel was average - but the location kind of sucked. There was not much to do within walking distance of the hostel. Luckily it's close to the S-Bahn. The room was hot and cramped, but the bathroom and shower in the room were both clean.

A very clean well equipped hostel a very short walk from the station and not far into town. There is plenty to at the hostel with good wifi a nice bar and games room and a pleasant roof terrace. The staff are very accommodating

This hostel was not very sociable and no one was ever in the bar and there wasn't really an inviting common area. There was no AC in the room and it was incredibly hot. The location was good for being a few minutes from a metro stop and there was a great beer hall across the way. Other than that, I would say to book somewhere else.

The staff was terrible, i have tryed to check in 3 p.m and my room was not ready, i checkin just 5 p.m, and the staff all the time sad wait more only 10 minutes for 2 hours, the most porr staff i have seen

The bed is quite dirty, there were some dirts on it. It's a six people room but only has 5 locker drawers and one of those was broken. Room is super hot in the summer without any AC or fans. When I arrived at night, the bed sheet was all mess on my bed, the staff claimed the cleaning staff didn't make it appropriately. Also, there is not power sockets close to bed. Other than that, everything's ok.

Professionally run hostel. Check-in was delayed until about 4pm which was frustrating. Huge hostel with all the facilities though not much atmosphere.

This place is more like a hotel. The facislities are great but I you're looking to meet people, it might be harder here. However, if you go on a free walking tour (info available at the front desk) you'll be able to meet people through that. The hostel is about a 15 minute walk from the city center.