MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

OMG this hostel is great! You would never think your in Germany from how friendly the staff is! Can't remember there names but the people at the front desk are super nice and helpful! Very good locationl because its close to Marian Platz. Oh yeah.... Yoko is a babe!!

• 20th Aug 2014

Dear, thanks a lot for the great rating and comment, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and really looking forward to see you again here or any other MEININGER in Europe, believe me all of our colleagues are this nice... Many greetings your YOKO ;)

Wonderful hostel, I was only there for 1 night. Comfortable beds, clean bathroom, very friendly staff. Don't forget to push down hard on the door handles to the bedrooms. Very nice breakfast. I would come back here. Thank you!

Dear thanks a lot for the rating and comment. THIS IS GREAT TO HEAR!!! Greetings Alex

Much more of a hotel then a hostel so the facilities are nice but not much of a backpackers atmosphere at all. Very close to the main train station which is nice if you're just staying there one night as a stop over (like I did), but not a good location for an extended stay. Beer at their bar is pretty cheap for Munich standards. Pretty expensive for a hostel as well.

Hey, thank you very much for the comment. Alex

Our 4 bed dorm had no lockers despite lockers being advertised. So that was a pain. The kitchen was well stocked but an absolute mess almost all the time due to unclean guests and staff presumably neglecting it. This hostel is a little bit more of a hike from the station than you might imagine, with suitcases or packs I might suggest getting the S-Bahn to Hackerbrucke. Still, a perfectly adequate hostel.

Dear thank you very much for the nice comment. Many greetings Alex

The 12-bed dorm I'd booked into was actually a pair of 6-bed dorms, so there was more privacy than I was expecting. Location is convenient for the railway station (10-minute walk), but city centre attractions are a bit further away. There is a great traditional Munich pub just across the road. If you are travelling alone the bar at Meininger can be a good place to meet fellow travellers.

Dear thnaks a lot for the comment and really nice rating Alex from MEININGER Team Munich

Our room was shocking. It was an 8 bed dorm which looked nothing like the photos. The lockers were tiny - our bags didn't fit in and considering we were interrailing around Europe it hadn't been a problem we had/or since encountered. It turned out the other 5 people in our dorm couldn't fit their bags in their lockers either so the floor space was taken up by luggage. The lockers were covered in dust, as was the tv. Old bedding left on beds!

Dear, thanks a lot for the open words and comments, we apologize for the inconvenience caused and pass this through to our cleaning staff to make sure we do take even more care on this issues. Sorry again for this and many greetings from Munich Alex

Fun hostel, very nice staff, great bar to hang out and meet other hostelers!

Hi there, thanks a lot for your nice review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed staying here. We enjoyed having you here as well :) Safe travels, Alex

The lift was WAY too slow (to the point that you could wait more than 5 minutes). There is only one kitchen to the entire building (6 floors) and it can get overflowed with people, or it doesn't have lots of stuff for you to use. The only frying pan had no grip, so it was hard to fry stuff and the other pans were way too small, while the bigger one was way too big. Also, no sharp knifes for meat or vegetables. The tv only has german channels (but I think they say that somewhere in the website)

Dear, thanks a lot for the open words and nice rating. We know our lift is a bit on the slow side of live, but maybe this gives a little time to communicate with other in front of....? We talked to our staff to keep an eye on the guest-kitchen and will make sure we stuff it up. Many greetings from Munich Alex

Meininger was great! Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The hostel itself was very clean and well laid out with a lot of information for tourists. Also can't complain with a free upgrade to a private room! Highly recommended!

Hey Dear, THANKS A LOOOOOT .. we will tell everybody of our staff. Many greetings from Munich and hope to see you again here or in one of the other MEININGER's believe me all our colleagues would be happy to have you as a guest. ;) Alex

Rooms didn't have are conditioner which means you have to stand a lot of heat

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Egypt

Dear, thanks a lot for the comment and open words. Many greetings from Munich Alex

When I arrived, the sheets of my bed hadn't been changed, but nevermind :) the second best hostel of the trip !

Hi there, thanks a lot for your kind review. We're sorry your bed hadn't been changed, but I suppose our staff helped you with that as soon as you informed them :) Happy travels! Alex

Elevator got stuck while we were there but started working again. We signed up to be in a 10 bed dorm but ended up being put in a 2 bed private and paid the same amount. Pretty nice!

Dear, thanks for the really nice rating. We hope to see you again here r in any other MEININGER in Europe. Greetz Alex

We were choosing from this and another nearby which was cheaper. The reasons we chose it were apparent cleanliness

Hi there, thanks a lot for coosing us! Hope to see you again next time you're in Munich. Best wishes, Alex

The hostel is organized, has good services and the rooms are clean. The staffs are ok. Is near the Hauptbahnhof so you can go anywhere in the city easily. Wifi is free but don't works good in the rooms.

It was a nice, clean hostel and a good deal for the money. It was just a bit far from the city center and places we wanted to go to, so there was a lot of walking. It is close to a train station though, which was really helpful.

This was probably my favorite hostel so far out of 12 around Europe. I had just come from a dirty hostel in Venice, and it was an enormous relief to stay at Meininger Munich. Very clean bathrooms with soap, bedding was very comfortable, breakfast though not free was fantastic. Free city tour, free wifi, towels available for rent. Loved this place.

Overall the hostel was excellent as was Munich. For the amount of people the kitchen was too small with not enough facilities. However this is minor detail and you should go and eat currywurst and drink beer instead! The rooms were great and the staff couldnt have been friendlier. Really enjoyed Munich and the Meininger hostel. Cant wait to go back.

HI, thanks a lot for your great review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay here. And we know our kitchen is not the biggest, but that way you just have to meet fellow travellers because you can't hide from them :) Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Cheers, Alex

This was a great hostel. The party atmosphere is awesome - even though we didn't party this night. The staff was helpful, great chill out locations for the people staying. There was breakfast for 5 euro but looked like bread and juice not really worth it. Was enjoyable hostel.

This place wasn't too bad. Easy enough to get to from the train station and certainly no issue catching a tram to the city centre. Bed was comfortable and there were lockers. Wasn't as clean as I would have liked though and they forgot to refund my deposit for the lock I hired and refused to do so when I realised a few hours later.

Good location close to train station and about 20 min walk into city centre. S-Bahn station close so free journey to city centre for interraillers. Right opposite the Augustiner beer hall (€5.50 for a litre). Bad first impressions when inattentive staff left us waiting an hour to check in. Probably not worth the price especially with unexplained increase for second night.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write this comment. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad first impression when you had to wait for check in. But usually our check in starts at 3pm. If the room is ready before that time we of course let you go to the room earlier, but if it isn't ready we just don't want you to walk into a room that's not cleaned yet. I hope you understand that. Safe travels, Alex