MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

Elevator got stuck while we were there but started working again. We signed up to be in a 10 bed dorm but ended up being put in a 2 bed private and paid the same amount. Pretty nice!

We were choosing from this and another nearby which was cheaper. The reasons we chose it were apparent cleanliness

Hi there, thanks a lot for coosing us! Hope to see you again next time you're in Munich. Best wishes, Alex

The hostel is organized, has good services and the rooms are clean. The staffs are ok. Is near the Hauptbahnhof so you can go anywhere in the city easily. Wifi is free but don't works good in the rooms.

It was a nice, clean hostel and a good deal for the money. It was just a bit far from the city center and places we wanted to go to, so there was a lot of walking. It is close to a train station though, which was really helpful.

This was probably my favorite hostel so far out of 12 around Europe. I had just come from a dirty hostel in Venice, and it was an enormous relief to stay at Meininger Munich. Very clean bathrooms with soap, bedding was very comfortable, breakfast though not free was fantastic. Free city tour, free wifi, towels available for rent. Loved this place.

Overall the hostel was excellent as was Munich. For the amount of people the kitchen was too small with not enough facilities. However this is minor detail and you should go and eat currywurst and drink beer instead! The rooms were great and the staff couldnt have been friendlier. Really enjoyed Munich and the Meininger hostel. Cant wait to go back.

HI, thanks a lot for your great review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay here. And we know our kitchen is not the biggest, but that way you just have to meet fellow travellers because you can't hide from them :) Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Cheers, Alex

This was a great hostel. The party atmosphere is awesome - even though we didn't party this night. The staff was helpful, great chill out locations for the people staying. There was breakfast for 5 euro but looked like bread and juice not really worth it. Was enjoyable hostel.

This place wasn't too bad. Easy enough to get to from the train station and certainly no issue catching a tram to the city centre. Bed was comfortable and there were lockers. Wasn't as clean as I would have liked though and they forgot to refund my deposit for the lock I hired and refused to do so when I realised a few hours later.

Good location close to train station and about 20 min walk into city centre. S-Bahn station close so free journey to city centre for interraillers. Right opposite the Augustiner beer hall (€5.50 for a litre). Bad first impressions when inattentive staff left us waiting an hour to check in. Probably not worth the price especially with unexplained increase for second night.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write this comment. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad first impression when you had to wait for check in. But usually our check in starts at 3pm. If the room is ready before that time we of course let you go to the room earlier, but if it isn't ready we just don't want you to walk into a room that's not cleaned yet. I hope you understand that. Safe travels, Alex

Comfortable bed and modern bathroom. Staff were friendly and helpful. Kitchen is small and missing some useful things like a cutting knife and the bar is pretty quiet but great location with a beer hall just across the road! The bed lockers don't lock so best to use the bigger lockers if you want security.

The 15:00 check in rule is crazy. Verrückt! I arrived in the early hours of the morning by train and was not allowed to check in or take a shower until the afternoon. It really messed the day up but the breakfast buffet made up for it!

If you're a single traveller looking to meet people, I would avoid this one. That being said, it's great for families or groups travelers. Not much socializing going on here though. Definitely take the tram from the Hoptbahnhof, it'll save you 30 mins.

The staff, location and service were fine. The lockers, though tall, we're narrow and no backpacks fit, regardless of size. I emptied out my backpack

Overall was a brilliant place to stay but kitchen was a bit small and needed to be better equipped.

Hi! "a brilliant place to stay" - thanks for that! Unfortunately we can't enlarge the guest kitchen, but because of that we have the adjoining terrace, so that you can eat outside and people don't have to sit on each others laps. :) We're constantly reequipping the kitchen but it looks like people really need kitchen supplies these days... but please feel free to ask for all the stuff you need at reception. We'll provide you with whatever you need if we have it :) Safe travels, Alex

quiet room, clean bed, nice location to visit city center. I enjoyed the stay.

Hi, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review! Did you know there are other MEININGER Hotels around Europe? We would love to see you again in one of them :) Safe travels, Alex

I enjoyed my stay at this property in the four bed dormitory and would use Meininger hotels again.

Hi, thanks for your review! We're happ to hear you would choose MEININGER again! We'll hopefully see you again soon. Cheers, Alex

It is much more hotel than hostel - no character and soo EXPENSIVE for what you get. Group of long term students caused the kitchen to be locked as they supposedly didn't clean up. Worse part was my dorm mates had sex (on my bottom bunk), and then proceeded to turn on all the lights and have loud drunken conversations from 3-5:30. After ignoring my pleas for quiet, I went down to front desk about the situation, the guy only shrugged and said there was nothing he could do. NO attempt to help!

Hi there, thanks a lot for taking the time to write this review. We're sorry to hear you weren't completely satisfied with your stay here. Staying in a dorm is always a bit of a risk. Sometime you have nice roommates, and sometimes you end up with people who don't respect others. But of course it's our job to make sure, people are able to sleep and I will make sure my colleagues will react to such situations properly in the future. I hope you enjoyed Munich anyways. Best wishes, Alex

A very convenient hostel, the location is great (particularly liked the Augustiner beer garden around the corner). Breakfast was good and had great connections to the main train station and the rest of Munich. I like that there's free WiFi (still not standard in Germany). The four bed hostel rooms are lovely, if a little pricier.

Very good time at the hostel, very nice facilities and nice people and staff. Only thing is that it was a bit expensive, but it is Munich, so that's OK. I'd recommend this hostel for young travellers.

Hi, thanks very much for staying with us and taking the time to write this review. I'll pass the compliments on to our staff and hope to see you again next time you're in Munich. Cheers, Alex

The hostel was very nice, clean, and good atmosphere. The staff were knowledgeable and helpful. A little ways from downtown but easy to get to. Very close to the main train station which is nice when you first get in. Pretty expensive for a large mixed dorm, but you get what you pay for.

Hi there, thank you very much for your nice review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here. We would love to welcome you again soon in one of the many MEININGER Hotels around Europe. Safe travels, Alex