MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

This place is really close by to the train station. It is moreso like a hotel that is converted to a hostel, about 6 floors with a couple rooms on each. So it's a little difficult to meet other travelers (maybe they cater more to larger groups than solo/small groups). The staff was really nice- but I think they need more help at the front desk. There is usually only one person who is checking in/out people, answering questions and acting as the barista. So it may take a while to get assistance.

It's bad hostel.

Very good breakfast. Clean and comfortable with a refreshingly good shower! Very good WiFi facilities. The only problem with the location was that there was a lot of loud music coming from outside our window, presumably from a nightclub or something similar. good location, just a few stops on the tram that is right outside and you are in town. If you want a big party hostel it might not be the right place. We were in a 8 bed dorm that was split with internal doors into two rooms of 4.

perfect security and clean but the problem is location. it was very close to ZOB, but far from HBF i think

I was supposed to be in a 10 bed and I got bumped up to a 4 bed. Score!!! The room was exceptionally clean and the bathroom is really nice. The bar is empty but that's because the hostel is right across from the Augustiner brau haus and no one can compete with them--amazing beer and food. The staff was extremely helpful and informative. I have no complaints and would definitely stay here again!

• 9th Oct 2014

I stayed in this hostel for couple of days and during that time the staff were really helpful and the rooms were pretty clean. I really liked that it was close to everything. I could walk to most places which I really liked.

• 7th Oct 2014

Hey there, thanks for your stay with us and the nice review. Hope to welcome you soon in one of our MEININGER HOTELS in Europe. Best, Alex

This is a big chain hotel/hostel catering to young people. They are obviously into it for the money, so this is not exactly a budget hostel. That being said it was clean, the bed was comfortable, and they did have a pool table and fusball table for the kids, and a bar staffed with competent help for the older kids. It was quiet at night when I was there-just after O-Fest. Easy access to transportation. 10 minute walk from O-Fest grounds. A good interesting mix of kids staying there.

Friendly and helpful staff, comfy beds, good breakfast (not free), 12 bed dorm split into two rooms with two bathrooms.... One day, cleaning crew didn't restock or clean bathroom (maybe because someone was showing when they came), wifi decent at non-peak times, super close to public transport and bus station, and directly across the street from Augustiner. .. excellent! Would stay again.

Hey there, thanks for the great review. We´re glad you enjoyed the stay with us. Check out all our MEININGER HOTELS in Europe! Cheers, Alex

Excellent place, very good location for the Oktoberfest, nice staff.

It is a budget hotel rather than a hostel, which was great in my opinion. Very clean and comfy and i had some pretty good sleep. Location is good too, walkable distance to a lot of places (if ur a good walker). Staff is nice too but u very likely have to queue up for ~10mins to get to them as it's always so packed in the reception and with only 1or2 staff members. The only 'not good' things are theres no such a hostel common lounge for ppl to meet others

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Hey there, thanks your stay with us and the review. We always try to help you at the reception as soon as possible. We hope to welcome you again in one of our Meininger Hotels in Europe! Best, Alex

We came for Oktoberfest and it was the perfect waking distance! It was overpriced during this time but we expected it. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. The bar was fun. Would stay here again for Oktoberfest.

Hey there, thanks for the great review. We´re glad you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel. See you again for the next Oktoberfest. Cheers, Alex

Went there for Oktoberfest so I expected prices to be really high, this hostel is more like a hotel than anything. Rooms are cleaned daily, as well as the washrooms. It is more difficult to meet people than at a regular hostel, but no other complaints here.

Hi there, thanks for staying with us and your review. Hope you enjoyed Oktoberfest just as much as we did :) Check out other MEININGER Hotels all around Europe. Safe travels, Alex

Even considering it was Oktoberfest, the price for one bed was quite expensive. The room and the bathroom were very good and clean. I didn't have the best experience with my bed though. I believe the pillow was very old and smelled. In all, the breakfast is good and the facilities are excellent.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Hi there, thank you for staying with us and your rating. We hope you enjoyed Oktoberfest? We're sorry to hear your pillow was old, we just exchanged those for new ones. Safe travels, Alex

Great place to stay during Oktoberfest. Very close to the festival with great overall accommodations.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Hi there, thank you for your rating. We're happy you enjoyed your stay here and Oktoberfest :) We would love to welcome you again, either for Oktoberfest next year or at any other time to visit Munich. Best wishes, Alex

Good hostel, well located but very expensive because of the Oktoberfest.

Loved our stay here during the Oktoberfest period. Got upgraded from a 6-bed dorm to a private 3 bed room...you beauty! Room was clean and comfortable - just loud from drunken revelers :( We would definitely stay here again. Thanks!

Hi there, thanks a lot for your nice comment! We're happy you enjoyed staying with us and the Oktoberfest :) Hope to see you again next year :) Cheers, Alex

This is the perfect location for Oktoberfest! Just a 8 minute walk from all the tents. Only 3 stops away from the main train station on the tram. All the basics of a dorm room - bed lights, plug outlets. A big hostel with a nice pillow area in the front reception, a game room, and bar. Overall- hotel feel hostel.

HI there, thank you for your awesome review! We're hoping to see you again soon in one of the many MEININGER Hotels all around Europe. Cheers, Alex

The hostel staff was very courteous and accommodating to our party of weary travelers, they showed us all the best places to eat outside of Oktoberfest and gave some good advice for navigating Munich. I was incredibly impressed with them. The facilities themselves were very clean and comforting. Next year, when I return to Oktoberfest, I will be sure to stay at the Meininger again!

• 28th Sep 2014

Great location for Octoberfest, still had to pay more than I normally do for a 12 room hostel but that goes with the territory for the whole city of Munich during Octoberfest. They had a very simple breakfast just like the majority of youth hostels out there but they charged 7,50 Euro for it, if I recall correctly, that was kind of a bummer. Like all hostels there is street noise and other hostel members that get in super late so bring good ear plugs if you want to get decent sleep.

• 25th Sep 2014

Dear guest, thank you very much for the comments and ratings. Well for October fest all rooms and beds might be a little more expensive, but we see that you are experienced and had a good time, please keep in mind that you will get 5%off by next direct booking as a regular guest. Many greetings from Munich Alex

Excellent all around.

• 25th Sep 2014

Dear, thanks for this really nice and high rating... its always good to hear that our guests enjoy their stay... Many Greetings Alex