MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

Great stay! But of a hike to the town centre but not too difficult. Just around the corner from the Oktoberfest grounds though which was great

Great hostel as we got upgraded from a 6 bed dorm to private twin free of charge! kitchen was great. close to the city - walking distance.

Hey there! I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our Meininger hotel. Hope to welcome you soon again. Safe journeys! Alex

Exceptionally clean throughout. Staff were very helpful with regards to telling you the best places to go. Free walking tour picks you up from the hostel every day. Loads of space to leave luggage as long as you like. Slightly overpriced breakfast but loads of other places to eat. Thoroughly enjoyable stay, would go back.

The room had only 4 instead of 12 beds, that was nice. The room was clean and has lockable drawers which were quite big. They provide body soap, but no shampoo or hair dryer. As I stayed for just 1 night I cannot criticize the other facilities.

This is overpriced for what you receive. Our room can only be described as a cupboard, absolutely tiny. It was in need of decoration, holes in walls. When you turned the main light on it took at least ten mins before you were taken out of darkness. The curtain is so far off the wall it stream light in. Walls are paper thin, you can hear everything going on in surrounding rooms. I Staff were excellent.

• 11th Sep 2015

I enjoyed my stay there and very clean!! and nice staff and good facilities but bit far from main city. I like this hostel and i would definitely stay at Meininger again

A large hostel with knowledgeable and friendly staff. Bathroom in the room is clean and the beds comfortable. I believe a towel was included which is nice. The locker below the bed is large enough for a medium roll and a daypack. There are shelves for keeping your perishables. It is conveniently located to Hbf and Marienplatz with a long walk. I would return to this hostel if I am in Munich.

The staff was very friendly, and accommodating when inquiring about places in the area. They also helped with printing necessary boarding passes. Although I could've used an extra towel for the shower floor, I would stay here again.

• 4th Sep 2015

Just felt like a grotty/dingy hotel and not a cool hip young hostel

It was in a good location and was about a 10-15 minute walk from the main train station in Munich. It was pretty stuffy in my room and, because the building is on a main road across from the Augustiner Brewery, it was too loud to open the windows. So I didn't sleep very well because it was so warm. Overall an ok experience. The hostel was a little to large and party-like for my taste.

We found all staff members to be very friendly and most helpful. Out students had a wonderful time in Munich and it was a highlight of our month in Germany.

• 2nd Sep 2015

Location was good from main station. We walked everywhere to save money as Munich isn't that big. Good, clean facilities with a bar and a pool table, however the luggage room was being reworked so our bags were just in an open room. The rooms are quite hot in summer!

Great hostel. Clean, close by trams and trains and walking distance to some great bier halls and bier gartens. The kitchen is a bonus!

Overall a nice hostel. Kitchen was a little small, but rooms were a nice size and the rooftop terrace was also good (unfortunately it shuts at 10pm ish). Reasonable location too - very close to the central bus station and a bit of a walk to Hauptbahnhof.

Very clean hostel, good security, great staff and a good amount of facilities including a very nice bar. Only downside was it was more of a hotel than a hostel, as a solo traveller found it very hard to meet other people due to it being mainly full of families but other than that it was an alright stay.

Unlike every other hostel we stayed at, they didn't have directions online. The wifi is supposed to work in every room, but doesn't in room 410. There is a severe lack of plugs in the rooms. Ran out of toilet roll and none was provided for almost a day. The "clean" bedding wasn't very clean.

Toilet was clean. I booked a 8 beds dorm, but I got a corner room which has 2 separate room inside, gave us a lot of spaces. Staffs were friendly. Got a really great experience staying there.

Location is the worst thing here. Munich is a big city, but we couldn't find any convenience store/supermarket open late night at the neighborhood, but the hostel is still close from the subway station and bus station. Also, we tried to rent the hostel's bikes, but all were brooked. The atmosphere is nice, facilities also (they have a good bar with beers and drinks). A few families, not only young travelers.

Nice big rooms and clean bathrooms. A bit strange with the washing machine in the kitchen, and only having one! Very helpful staff

A bit far away from downtown but very close to the train station and ZOB bus station. During my 3 days staying there, it was good but the bathroom's floor always water around after someone took a bath even there's a dry/wet separate door there but seems didn't work very well. And the last day, clean lady didn't come to clean the room. The garbage can was full of toilette paper in the toilette, also, the toilette unable to flush water easily on the last day...