MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

Very clean and great wifi!

Nice hostel very clean and pretty good location. Close to main station. Wifi worked in the room.

Very clean, very nice people staying here. There are no lockers in the rooms and therefore must check bags into the lobby if you want to walk around. Great Rooftop Terrace, Lacking beer selection in downstairs bar. About 10-15 minute walk from the U-Bahn to down town.

This hostel feels more like a hotel - it's great. Shampoo is provided and you can even do your laundry. The staff was very friendly and helpful, I just wish the breakfast was cheaper and the lockers were bigger. The bar is nice, but it was never full - so go explore the local beer gardens.

Fairly unimpressed. There were no lockers in room I stayed in and only in the common area on the first floor. I felt like I could easily break it open if I was bored. The bed was fine and comfortable and it was nice having a plug near the bed. Also bathroom was modern and separated--toilet room and shower room. The hallway was a bit dark and dingy and did not make me feel that safe. Location--not close to city center.

Fine hostel, but noisy and very big. Bathroom in my dorm was nice. Guest kitchen was small and not that clean.

I have stayed in other meininger and the facilities were way better, here the room was big but the beds were really dirty, the bathroom was tiny, the room hadnt been cleaned in days, the kitchen didnt even have cups for breakfast, and some people left it really dirty the night before. We also had a bad expirience in the room, the guys that were staying here came late at night, screaming, coming in and out of the room several times, they even broke a security box and the alarm started going off.

The hostel is in a great location opposite the Augustina brewery and only 500m to the Hackerbruke train station. The rooms are spacious even luxurious for a hostel - big wide bunkbeds, separate toilet and shower, TV, area to play games in room and table and chairs. Best value for money too as all other Central hotels were charging way too much!

Nice room with wifi everywhere. Near ZOB. A nice brewer across the main road.

This is a hotel-hostel, so there's lots of old people and stag parties staying here and far harder to meet people. No AC either, and its on a main road so opening a window makes things loud. Very, very overpriced too

The Meininger was in a great location and the staff was friendly, but we arrived early and understandably could not check in. This would not have been a problem, but after waiting around until the check in time we were told our room wouldn't be ready for an additional 45 minutes. We finally were given our room keys and found staff still cleaning our room when we got in. After that we noticed our shower was broken, we notified the staff twice, but it was not fixed during our 3 day stay.

This place was fancy -- fancier than I was expecting anyway.

The staff who checked us in seemed a little cold, we've had friendlier hostels! However some of the staff later on were warmer. We were upgraded to a private room for free (their mistake? no fuss made here!), however it was a double bed with only one pillow and one single sheet... for two of us... We requested extras of both and got them by the evening but it didn't seem well thought out. We also found a couple of ants around our room, and the room isn't really designed for two.

Meininger is in a good location, close to the bus station and very near the tram which can take you to the main station or Karlsplatz where you can then walk or transfer via U bahn to Marienplatz, Munich residenz and part of the English garden. The 6 bedroom dorm was quite spacious and even included a table and tv. There are storage lockers in the room which you can stuff you belongings into and lock which is also very convenient.

This hostel is out of the main city centre compared to the other hostels. On arrival my locker was broken and was not fixed and could not lock any belongings. Also two people had checked out of our room at 10am, in the afternoon two new people checked in and we allocated our room yet the beds were not cleaned still at 6pm. Also staff were unpleasant. And not helpful at all. Did not care about the locker breaking. Also the shower was broken and the shower head just hung mid air.

Gross bathrooms. Cramped rooms. Unfriendly staff. Ridiculously over priced drinks in the bar and not fun bar atmosphere. Located in a weird part of town but near a train station

Great staff and hostel.

• 17th Jun 2015

Hey there! Thanks allot for your great review. I'll pass it on to the rest of the Meininger troop ;) Take care, Alex

Modern hostel with all the basics taken care of. Breakfast was good although a little pricey. For the price, I think towels should be included. Good location...10 min walk to Munich HBF and 15-20 min to the main square. Staff were friendly, but nothing to rave about. Kitchen is small..there was a group in there that took up the entire space, which made cooking difficult. My stay would have been better without the 6 French guys coming home drunk and loud at 5am every morning.. Very inconsiderate.

Great place, nice location close to train station. Lockers in rooms, games and bar in common area.

Close to train station and some awesome beer gardens. Short metro ride to downtown. Great staff and facilities.