MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

I was only in Germany to visit the Dachau and learn more about German history but the two days I was there was the most magnificent two days ever, I arrived pretty early to the hostel but being able to put my luggage and grab something and just hang out was so lovely. The staff was more than helpful! The tram was very close and the city centre was only a 20 minute walk. It does not feel like a hostel at all. Honestly, I fell in love with Germany this weekend, all thanks to the Meininger :)

• 24th Apr 2015

Hey Thank you so much for your review. With your lovely words you put a smile on all our faces. We are so happy you had such an amazing time. It seems like you are back in Germany soon and we can´t wait to welcome you again. Take care! Best, Toni

We came over during the peak period with lots of school children. Very noisy even after the quiet down period.

the room itself was nice and spacious but no upper bunk wall plug ins. i stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm and one night they overbooked our room which resulted in a 5th guy coming into our room 3 times around 4:30 am confused and woke us up every time. depending on who you get at the desk they're either really friendly or really unhelpful kitchen was poorly taken care of with very few amenities like no paper towel or olive oil however, walk is decent to main square and room with a view is lovely

Hey Thanks for your review. We are really sorry for the inconvenience during your stay. We always try to offer you the best service and of course not to overbook a room especially not during the night but mistakes happen unfortunately. Also for the guestkitchen you can always ask at the reception if you need some other equipment. Hope to see you again in one of our MEININGER Hotels in all over Europe. Best, Toni

Very small kitchen with limited facilities. Good size rooms and very near public transport options.

The stay was lovely but it got slightly ruined by the cleaners throwing away some of my food, chargers, sunglasses and money. They thought it was "rubbish".

The hostel is about 15 mins walk from the Main railway station, 5 mins walk to the local station. The staffs are pleasant. The facilities are as expected for the price quoted. Though the kitchen is a bit small for the whole hostel.

Hey Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. See you again in one of our MEININGER Hotels. Best, Toni

Good to stay if arrived by bus... But need 15 min to walk to railway station and half an hour to the city centre. Others ar good!

Hey Thanks for your review. Our is pretty close to the public transportation. There is a tram stop in front of the hotel that takes you in 5 minutes to the beginning of the city center and it also works the whole night. Hope to welcome you again in one of our MEININGER Hotels in all over Europe. Best, Toni

My review might not be helpful as the hostel was under construction during my stay. Hopefully it will improve. Rooms were clean and staff was great, but there was only one elevator that held 4 people at most and only one washer and dryer for the entire hostel, so do laundry early or expect to wait a few hours. Some rooms have better wifi connection than others. Decent experience nonetheless, nothing terrible.

Hey! Thanks for your review. We hope to welcome you again to show you the results of our constructions. Best, Toni

Quite a good hostel. Huge place though, so not a cosy environment. There is a beer hall over the road and the bus station nearby. The city isn't that far a walk either.

Very nice staff, feels like a hotel and not the best for a solo traveler to meet people

Hey Thanks for your review. See you again in one of our MEININGER Hotels in all over Europe. Best, Toni

Really great location close to the main train station. Quite clean and spacious.

Hey Thanks for such a nice review. It´s good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to welcome you again soon. Best, Toni

The location is so convenient to the central station one stop only by taking train or by tram no. 19 . Six-person room is spacious. Each guest has their own big drawer at the bottom of the bed. Thanks to staff for their friendliness and smiling face. I will come back to stay again at my last stop of journey towards my home town, Hong Kong.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Hey Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We are so happy you had such an amazing time. See you soon and take care! Best, Toni

I enjoyed my stay at the Meininger, but there are a lot of families who stay there, so for solo travellers, it does affect the atmosphere in my opinion. The bar, game rooms and staff I encountered were all awesome. Breakfast was quite expensive for what you get. The rooms were slightly dirty in my opinion. On the bunk beds, if you'll on the edge of the bed against the wall, it is covered in dust. That's me being very picky.

Hey Thanks for your review. We are glad you liked the bar, gameroom and our service. We always try to change our breakfast buffet for example with typicall Bavarian things. We hope to welcome you again in one of our MEININGER Hotels in all around Europe. Best, Toni

This is a large hotel that also has some dorm rooms and a small communal kitchen - so if you're expecting a hostel vibe you're in the wrong place. However, the rooms are clean and have all the facilities you'd expect so that's all good.

I stayed in a 10 bed dorm. I was surprised to find a fairly spacious room after traversing down a Shining-esq corridor. The dorm itself was split into 2 rooms. I found the wifi to be a bit spotty, and it would've been nice to have some power outlets next to the bed, also the shower was constantly blocked, and the halls were very echoey. The bar and common area were ok.

Washrooms were always wet, shower doors leaked. Common area downstairs was nice though and the breakfasts were AMAZING.

Hey Thanks for your review. We are glad you liked our breakfast. Hope to see you again in one of our MEININGER Hotels in all over Europe. Best, Toni

The shower doors leak horribly! The bathroom floor was wet all the time. Many families were staying here with young kids, which affected our stay a little bit. We were drinking and playing pool, we had money on the table for next game already and some young teens came in and took next game somehow, slightly uncomfortable. Overall it wasn't a bad place, I think we would stay somewhere else next time however.

Hey Thanks for your review. Hope to welcome you again in one of MEININGER Hotels all around Europe. Best, Toni

Not a super location but only a five minute walk from the S-Bahn and two stops to Marienplatz and the historic center. Public transport in Munich is so comprehensive that not being in the center is not an issue. Some good low-key bars and restaurants are near the hotel. Bar and game room are a great place to meet people and connect with your roommates. Fresh towel every day. En suite shower and bath. I was very pleased with my stay. I will definitely come back when I'm in Munich again.

Hey Thanks for your review. Its good to hear that you had a great time. See you soon! Best, Toni

Our stay at Meininger Hostel in Munich was excellent. The staff were most welcoming, very friendly, and helpful...especially Pia. The facilities boasted an artsy modern feel. But the city itself holds a lot of history. Clean facilities with hotel-like amenities (ie. handsoap, towels, blow dryer) Would highly recommend to fellow travelers. Cheers!

Very spacious bunks, and great bathrooms. Liked having a kitchen even though it wasn't very well equipped, it had all the necessities. Staff were friendly. We missed our flight in the evening, and flew in the next morning and they held our beds for us so that we could checkin the next morning as soon as we arrived!

Hey there Thanks for the review. We´re glad you had enjoy your stay. Hope to welcome you again any time in the future in one of our MEININGER Hotels all over Europe. Best, Alex