MEININGER Munich City Center Reviews

Landsberger Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

Everything is perfect. Stuff here are so friendly. Room is very clean.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • China

Hi there, thanks a lot for your nice review. Make sure to visit us again next time you're in Munich. Safe travels, Alex

Fantastic hostel, worth the money. Only thing is its a bit far out of town but a 5 minute tram ride is all it takes.

Hi there, thank you for your review. Hope you choose MEININGER again. Cheers, Alex

The common room was comfortable and some snacks in the bar was cheap and good,especially sandwich. About room,I took 12beds mixed dormitory.. I don't know it was because of the room or guys but was smelly a little and too warm,felt not fresh air.

Hi, thanks for your review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here. Best wishes, Alex

The staff was ok, but not as friendly as in other hostels. My pillowcase had a stain and I'm pretty sure they didn't change the linen in the bed of two beds after the two guys stayed for just one night. There ist just one elevetor and it takes a lot to get to use it, it is a little bit annoying if your in a hurry and your room is in the 5th floor. Anyhow, my cardkey stoped working two times and I had to go down in order to get it active again.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write this comment. We're sorry to hear you weren't completely satisfied with your stay here. We change all the linen after a guest departes and it doesn't matter how long they stayed here. The keycards sometimes decode themselves if you put them too close to your cell phone, but we're more than happy to recode them for you if that is the case. Hope you had a good time in Munich anyways, Best wishes, Alex

A very cheap price, decent location (10 minute walk from central station where you can catch all trains), helpful staff and an all round nice place. It has a bar connected to the building downstairs, good wifi connection in the rooms and even a small kitchen to cook your own food in. I have nothing negative to say about this place and would happily stay again.

Hi, thanks a lot for your review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay here. Best wishes, Alex

Bar atmosphere sucked. All the games in the game room were broken in some way. The lift is only big enough for three people max. Staff was not outgoing or fun. No free breakfast. No late check out in non-private accommodations. TVs only played ads for the hostel chain. Very little assistance with city introduction or trips. Seriously not a fan of this place.

Hi there, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear you weren't completly satisfied with your stay here. Best wishes, Alex

Next to the bus station. Good kitchen. Excellent bathroom and comfortable bed. The WiFi is fast and there is a decent sized common area where you can meet other travellers. Highly recommended.

HI there, thanks a lot for your nice review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here. Make sure to visit us again next time you're in Munich. Cheers, Alex

Amazing hostel.... For whom wo wants a calm place... Very good!

Hi there, thank you a lot for your nice review. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here. Would be great to see you again in one of the many MEININGER Hotels all around Europe. Safe travels, Alex

I spent a couple of days there, it was a good experience in my opinion. The hostel is quite big and not so far from Central Train Station and City Center. Staff is young and kind and provided me all the info I needed.

HI, thanks a lot for your nice review. Hope to see you again next time you're in Munich. Cheers, Alex

Good location, nice staff! Just the washing machine drove me crazy...

Hi, thanks a lot for staying with us and your review. We're happy to hear you were happy with your stay here. Make sure to visit us again next time you're in Munich. Cheers, Alex

Best hostel I have ever been to in Munich

• 31st Dec 2014

The room waa very good, however there were no lockers. Another thing that could be improved is the bathroom door, which allows a lot of noise to come out of it, what may be unpleasant.

Hi, thanks a lot for your review. We have a couple of rooms without locker. In case we put you in one of those you can always get a small locker in the lobby. Just ask at the reception. Hope to see you again soon in one of the many MEININGER Hotels all around Europe. Cheers, Alex

The hostel is quite good. I reccomend it. The cancelation policy is terrible. Its not a reservation, its a trap !!!! They have all this strict rules, but they dont appologize for changing your room during your stay (so you have to check in and out more then usual) and placing you in a different type of room that you've reserved. They just inform you... And later, they charge you for late check out. Its a good hostel, but they are quite desrespectful.

• 27th Dec 2014

The organization of the bed with lockers could be better, some of the lockers was blocked by the wall!

Hi there, thanks for your review. We'll check the rooms for the lockers and try to rearrange it. Thanks! Alex

We were a group of 4 and got upgraded from a big shared room to a private 4 bed dorm. It was wonderful! One of the nicest and most modern hostels I've stayed at. Loved the Augustiner beer hall across the street and the bar downstairs was incredibly fun, our night ended with a snowball fight out in the parking lot after a bunch of €1 Jäger shots at happy hour at the bar. We had an amazing time at this hostel! Downside was that it is a little further from the center than some other bigger hostels.

The staff were friendly, check in process was adequate. If you are looking for atmosphere, drinking and part- this is NOT the hostel for you. It very much feels like a converted hotel and they charge pretty high prices for additional services (washing, pool table, internet terminal use). Room is big enough (stayed in 6 person dorm) and bathroom was clean. WiFi was okay, not super fast. Didn't bother with breakfast.

Good for sleeping. Too many people, too much movement, it was not very clean. Nice bar though.

PROS: Nice new-looking building. Soft sheets! CONS: Dorm bathrooms not cleaned daily - I know we should clean up after ourselves but in reality this doesn't happen, I ended up using the lobby bathroom a lot because ours was disgusting. Location is really out-of-the-way, the name "city centre" is a stretch. Our sink broke, leaking water all over the floor, and when I reported it to a staff member he literally said "well what do you want me to do about it?"

• 26th Dec 2014

Hi there, thank you for your comment. All our rooms and bathrooms are cleaned on a daily basis. I'm not sure why your bathroom wasn't cleaned but I'll have a look into that and will talk to our housekeeping staff about it. I hope you enjoyed Munich anyways. Best wishes, Alex

It was a nice hostel, more like a business hotel feel. It wasn't the friendliest hostel I've been in, it felt very cold/business like. Wasn't very cosy at all. The staff seems overworked and unhappy. But overall it's a nice place.

This is a really great hostel and I highly recommend staying here. The staff let me use an adaptor for a deposit that I got back when I returned the adaptor. You may have to rent a towel, so I would recommend bringing your own. The breakfast is not included but is worth the price of 5.90! I recommend doing it. The location is good, but not ideal. There are other hostels closer to the hauptbanhof. There is wi-fi throughout the building, but it is a bit spotty in the rooms.

Hi there, thanks a lot for your review. We're happy you enjoyed staying here. Safe travels, Alex