Mamatierra Hostel Reviews

Pachamama 615, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

This hostel was decent. We've stayed in better and we've stayed in worse. Staff were excellent, but the rooms were fairly small and dark. It was a good stay, but I'm not going to be writing home about it. Do recommend.

I really enjoyed this hostel. very clean and good staff. I didn't really like the tour I booked through them though. the guide only spoke Spanish. however, the hostel itself is great.

Very homey hostel. Has an outside loungey area and a indoor kitchen/ dining area. Everything is clean, hot water in the showers. Rooms are cleaned daily and they give you free water. It is a 2 minute walk to the bus station and about a 10 minute walk to the center of town/ main street. They can help with directions, tours, etcetera.

Such an oasis in the remote Chilean desert! The staff was very friendly, our rooms were clean and neat. A generous breakfast was provided.

• 8th May 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This an excellent hostel. I could only stay one night because it was fully booked. This is not surprising.

Very nice hostel, a couple of minutes walk out of the centre, but this is a good thing as there is less noise at night, and San Pedro is not big! Helpful staff, easy to book tours with. Good breakfast, and if you are leaving early (for example to see the geysers) they prepare a take-away breakfast. Comfy beds, hot water and good atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hostel. The staff was friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and obliging. This is possibly the most generous hostel I've been to - their breakfast has the largest variety I've seen in a hostel, and if you go for an early morning 5am tour (which is not uncommon), they are more than happy to pack a good breakfast for you (including a sandwich, cereal bar, yogurt, juice). The only downside is there are hostels with better locations, but I'd choose this over other hostels anytime.

People often write best hostel they have stayed in - after 6 weeks in South America this would be mine. Staff are very helpful and were a great help booking tours and for general information. Breakfast was great with eggs that you could cook yourself and way you like - good change from sweet cakes and sugar cereal. We arrived early and they even let us have breakfast th day of check in. Big fluffy towels, water supplied everyday and always kept very clean. Just a little walk in to town.

Nice Hostel, good breakfast. Although they send me three emails asking for my arrival time and I had to change the room once during my stay.

This is a great hostel. The service is like no other I've seen in hostels. They make the beds everyday and leave water bottles. They have the greatest breakfast with eggs you can make yourself - as many as you want. They have tea and coffee you can use all day. It's about 5-7 min walk from the city center but given that this is a tiny town it's not a problem. Definitely recommend it if you want a cozy clean quiet hostel.

Nice quiet hostel just 10 minutes walk to main village, staff friendly too

Wonderful hostel... Friendly and helpful staff, rooms and bathrooms very clean, excellent breakfast, very good rates for day tours. Would happily have stayed longer!

Very nice staff, really care about customer service. Very clean and great breakfast. Best of the 3 hostels I stayed in San Pedro

If you are going to San Pedro de Atacama, this hostel is an excellent place to stay. - The staff is amazing, always willing to help you with the tours, or any problems you may have. The tours offered by the hostel are at a fair price. - The facilities (rooms, toilets) are always clean. Hot water all the time! - You can stay before or after check out, drink coffee, chill around the hostel. - The breakfast buffet is very good and if you leave before 7.30, they prepare you a breakfast box.

Excellent hostel, the best part was the staff, thet always help us and were always nice. Great facilities, clean bathrooms and 10 minuts walk from downtown. If I returne for sure I'm going back to Mamatierra.

You can not ask for more. This hostel is very clean, the rooms are very cute and comfortable. The shared toilets are clean at all times. The staff is extremely helpful regarding tours/walks/directions or anything else that you want to ask. We've been travelling around Chile for a while and it was the best hostel by far. Totally worth it.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Spain

We stayed in a lovely, clean private double room. We loved that they cleaned the whole hostel everyday and left a bottle of water on the bed (great when at altitude) and there was free tea, coffee and hot chocolate you could help yourself too. Downside was location as it wasn't as close to the centre as other hostels but meant it was quieter at night so depends what you're looking for!

Mijal (owner and manager) is amazing! She's restless and helped us a lot when we most needed (we stayed there while there were rain in Atacama that stopped the tours). I strongly recommend!

• 25th Mar 2015

We stayed for 3 nights and in 2 months traveling in south america it was the best hostel we stayed at. Mijal the recpetipnist helped with everything from planning our trip and arranging documents for visas. The room was comfortable and was cleaned every day with a small bottle of mineral water per person every day. The breakfast was very good and wifi was great too.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Too much spray / air fresher being used to clean rooms

View all San Pedro de Atacama Hostels