Mamatierra Hostel Reviews

Pachamama 615, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Sylvia was brilliant. A lovely person and very helpful. Also the take-away breakfast for early trips was great!

We finished our four day Slat Flat adventure from Bolivia, and like most people where very glad to see the back of it. All we wanted was a simi good hostal, instead we got a fantastic place with expectional staff. We loved it so much we extended our stay. The lady that runs the place is up there as one of the best host I have come across, extremely accomodating. The wifi, showers and breakfast are fantastic. The town itself has a great vibe. Ask her for a recommendation on a sandwich place!

Stay here for the breakfast alone! All you can eat buffet kicks ass! The girl who works during the day speaks excellent English and will help you with booking tours. Make sure you reserve for the exact number of nights you want to stay. This place fills up fast!

All staff treat the hostel and its guests as if they owned the hostel. They are a wonderful crew giving fantastic service at all times. Thanks for all your help.

Good: Good place to meet other travellers. Bad: Tiny, cold, over-priced rooms. I wanted a palace for $55 a night but we got a small room with shared bathroom outside so it's freezing at night if you have to go out. The staff are more like schoolteachers! We aren't kids but we got told off for asking for more bread at 10.30 because breakfast was finishing. And we got told off for quietly watching videos in the common room at night because the bedroom was too cold.

THE PERFECT PLACE ! Clean, like at home, good atmosphere, good bed, good isolation (important in winter), there is a nice place to wash your cloth !, good hot water, nice bathrooms... perfect !

This hostel was decent. We've stayed in better and we've stayed in worse. Staff were excellent, but the rooms were fairly small and dark. It was a good stay, but I'm not going to be writing home about it. Do recommend.

I really enjoyed this hostel. very clean and good staff. I didn't really like the tour I booked through them though. the guide only spoke Spanish. however, the hostel itself is great.

very nice, good breakfast, kitchen open 24hs

Very homey hostel. Has an outside loungey area and a indoor kitchen/ dining area. Everything is clean, hot water in the showers. Rooms are cleaned daily and they give you free water. It is a 2 minute walk to the bus station and about a 10 minute walk to the center of town/ main street. They can help with directions, tours, etcetera.

Such an oasis in the remote Chilean desert! The staff was very friendly, our rooms were clean and neat. A generous breakfast was provided.

• 8th May 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This an excellent hostel. I could only stay one night because it was fully booked. This is not surprising.

Very nice hostel, a couple of minutes walk out of the centre, but this is a good thing as there is less noise at night, and San Pedro is not big! Helpful staff, easy to book tours with. Good breakfast, and if you are leaving early (for example to see the geysers) they prepare a take-away breakfast. Comfy beds, hot water and good atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hostel. The staff was friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and obliging. This is possibly the most generous hostel I've been to - their breakfast has the largest variety I've seen in a hostel, and if you go for an early morning 5am tour (which is not uncommon), they are more than happy to pack a good breakfast for you (including a sandwich, cereal bar, yogurt, juice). The only downside is there are hostels with better locations, but I'd choose this over other hostels anytime.

People often write best hostel they have stayed in - after 6 weeks in South America this would be mine. Staff are very helpful and were a great help booking tours and for general information. Breakfast was great with eggs that you could cook yourself and way you like - good change from sweet cakes and sugar cereal. We arrived early and they even let us have breakfast th day of check in. Big fluffy towels, water supplied everyday and always kept very clean. Just a little walk in to town.

Nice Hostel, good breakfast. Although they send me three emails asking for my arrival time and I had to change the room once during my stay.

This is a great hostel. The service is like no other I've seen in hostels. They make the beds everyday and leave water bottles. They have the greatest breakfast with eggs you can make yourself - as many as you want. They have tea and coffee you can use all day. It's about 5-7 min walk from the city center but given that this is a tiny town it's not a problem. Definitely recommend it if you want a cozy clean quiet hostel.

Nice quiet hostel just 10 minutes walk to main village, staff friendly too

Wonderful hostel... Friendly and helpful staff, rooms and bathrooms very clean, excellent breakfast, very good rates for day tours. Would happily have stayed longer!

Very nice staff, really care about customer service. Very clean and great breakfast. Best of the 3 hostels I stayed in San Pedro

View all San Pedro de Atacama Hostels