Mamatierra Hostel Reviews

Pachamama 615, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

We had a great stay here, everything was great! If anything could be improved its the atmosphere..needs something to make it a bit more social, not the best place to meet others. However everything else was great and there is one lady working there :Mijal who is an asset to this hostel! She makes it what it is and us have the experience we had in San Pedro. She is so full of knowledge on the area, and more than happy to spend the time. The hostel should be proud to have someone like her there.

Very clean and cozy . Nice breakfast . Near city center

Thank you. The stay was relaxing.

It was a very nice hostel but very expensive for a hostel!

Our best hostel of the one month trip

Great hostel! Clean bathrooms and fantastic included breakfast! Would recommend.

I really liked Mamatierra hostel. It's very stylish and comfortable and really, really clean, all the rooms are cleaned every day. There're enough showers and toilets, so that you never have to wait. There's a great patio with a hammock where you can relax after the tours. The breakfast is good and if you go on a tour eraly in the morning they give you a lunchbox, which is really nice. The staff is friendly and polite and they can help you organise the tours. I defenitely recommend this hostel!

Outside of a 10 minute walk from downtown San Pedro, this hostel was by far the best hostel I have stayed in during my time in Chile and probably one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at in general. The staff are very friendly and willing to help. The breakfast goes above and beyond what most other hostels have to offer. The internet (although not available in the rooms due to wall thickness) was superb when I used it to connect. They even have a laptop and tv that you can use to relax.

• 10th Nov 2015

Friendly, efficient, informative and generous describe the manager and staff, the atmosphere is casual and relaxing. The public areas are designed to encourage interaction. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.

• 10th Nov 2015

Probably the best hostel I have ever been. Superb breakfast and extremely helpful staff! Also really clean facilities all the time.

A fantastic hostel with good wifi, hot showers & comfortable beds. A short walk out of the centre but San Pedro is not that big so not a problem! Towels provided and if you need 1 for a tour such as to Laguna Cejar then they give you a clean one which is great. Could not fault this hostel.

Best Hostel that i have ever been, excelent staff, help me in all problems that i had. I strongly recomend. Nice breakfast, pre breakfast when the tour begin early, near from downtown.

The operator on-site is capable to make the place tidy and clean. Free coffee and tea 24 hrs, well, what can you say. The breakfast eggs are supplied for your own cooking method..

Mama Tierra was an incredible hostel. The lady who works there is so so helpful with tours and general advice. Everyday the beds were made and we were given a bottle of water and a towel. Breakfasts were great. If you have an early tour they pack a breakfast for you! Showers were hot and clean. No lockers in the room but wasn't an issue. Wifi is great also. Would 100% recommend!

Great place, should've booked more nights in advance as was fully booked when I tried to add on days to my stay! When I arrived something got messed up & I showed up to find my booking wasn't until the next day! Amazingly helpful staff helped find me another place for the night! Clean, quiet, great breakfast buffet, complimentary bottled water, great hospitality, hot water throughout the day, happy helpful staff...! Not sure what more you could want! Worth the price, which was also reasonable!

Great hostel. Location is good - quiet street, easy access to the bus station, 5-10 mins walk to downtown. The facilities at this hostel are outstanding, especially coming from the 3 day salt flats tour. Handwash laundry/drying facilities were especially welcome. Pricey hostel relative to the rest of the world, but average for this town and well worth it. Staff was outstanding, gave honest answers to questions about tours/value. Very clean hostel, actually saw them mopping under the stove.

We stayed 2 nights here in San Pedro de Atacama and this hostel was exactly what we needed! It can get quite cold at night but there were plenty of blankets to keep you warm. A delicious breakfast is provided and if you have a tour you can have a breakfast made up to take with you- added bonus! The lady in reception was a world of knowledge and so friendly. Would highly recommend staying here!

Great location, close to the bus stop. Booked all our tours through reception which took away a lot of hassle. Staff were really nice, and nice clean kitchen with good utensils. HOT high pressure showers 24/7!!!! Cozy rooms but could use some heating in the nights. Happy to store our bags too after check out. Packed breakfast if on early tours was really lovely

View all San Pedro de Atacama Hostels