Mamatierra Hostel Reviews

Pachamama 615, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Great location, close to the bus stop. Booked all our tours through reception which took away a lot of hassle. Staff were really nice, and nice clean kitchen with good utensils. HOT high pressure showers 24/7!!!! Cozy rooms but could use some heating in the nights. Happy to store our bags too after check out. Packed breakfast if on early tours was really lovely

Awesome placeret! We only stayed for 1 night, but i think it was the best Hostel in our 7 week holiday in south-america. The receptionists where very helpful, the breakfast is awesome and the kitchen and commonroom is very good, clean and well equiped! And you get to hang out efter you checked out if your bus leaves in the evening!. If you go to San Pedro, stat here!

It's a really nice place to stay in San Pedro de Atacama. Excellent breakfast, nice common areas and very attencious staff.

excellent hostel, friendly staff, good tour offered and excellent information given. Breakfast exceptional as well as the nice touch of a packed breakfast if you on a early tour

Sylvia was brilliant. A lovely person and very helpful. Also the take-away breakfast for early trips was great!

As I was saying to the friends I made while I was traveling there: "Mamatierra is the best thing about Atacama" and we are talking about an amazing place with scenary that seems to be out of this world. Not only the place is so clean and cozy, the breakfast is perfect, but Mijal (one of the managers) is one of the most incredible human beings I've ever met! She takes her time to plan your tours according to your needs, but really,she will get out of her way to make the lives of everyone better.

We finished our four day Slat Flat adventure from Bolivia, and like most people where very glad to see the back of it. All we wanted was a simi good hostal, instead we got a fantastic place with expectional staff. We loved it so much we extended our stay. The lady that runs the place is up there as one of the best host I have come across, extremely accomodating. The wifi, showers and breakfast are fantastic. The town itself has a great vibe. Ask her for a recommendation on a sandwich place!

Stay here for the breakfast alone! All you can eat buffet kicks ass! The girl who works during the day speaks excellent English and will help you with booking tours. Make sure you reserve for the exact number of nights you want to stay. This place fills up fast!

All staff treat the hostel and its guests as if they owned the hostel. They are a wonderful crew giving fantastic service at all times. Thanks for all your help.

Good: Good place to meet other travellers. Bad: Tiny, cold, over-priced rooms. I wanted a palace for $55 a night but we got a small room with shared bathroom outside so it's freezing at night if you have to go out. The staff are more like schoolteachers! We aren't kids but we got told off for asking for more bread at 10.30 because breakfast was finishing. And we got told off for quietly watching videos in the common room at night because the bedroom was too cold.

THE PERFECT PLACE ! Clean, like at home, good atmosphere, good bed, good isolation (important in winter), there is a nice place to wash your cloth !, good hot water, nice bathrooms... perfect !

This hostel was decent. We've stayed in better and we've stayed in worse. Staff were excellent, but the rooms were fairly small and dark. It was a good stay, but I'm not going to be writing home about it. Do recommend.

I really enjoyed this hostel. very clean and good staff. I didn't really like the tour I booked through them though. the guide only spoke Spanish. however, the hostel itself is great.

very nice, good breakfast, kitchen open 24hs

Very homey hostel. Has an outside loungey area and a indoor kitchen/ dining area. Everything is clean, hot water in the showers. Rooms are cleaned daily and they give you free water. It is a 2 minute walk to the bus station and about a 10 minute walk to the center of town/ main street. They can help with directions, tours, etcetera.

Such an oasis in the remote Chilean desert! The staff was very friendly, our rooms were clean and neat. A generous breakfast was provided.

• 8th May 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This an excellent hostel. I could only stay one night because it was fully booked. This is not surprising.

Very nice hostel, a couple of minutes walk out of the centre, but this is a good thing as there is less noise at night, and San Pedro is not big! Helpful staff, easy to book tours with. Good breakfast, and if you are leaving early (for example to see the geysers) they prepare a take-away breakfast. Comfy beds, hot water and good atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hostel. The staff was friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and obliging. This is possibly the most generous hostel I've been to - their breakfast has the largest variety I've seen in a hostel, and if you go for an early morning 5am tour (which is not uncommon), they are more than happy to pack a good breakfast for you (including a sandwich, cereal bar, yogurt, juice). The only downside is there are hostels with better locations, but I'd choose this over other hostels anytime.

People often write best hostel they have stayed in - after 6 weeks in South America this would be mine. Staff are very helpful and were a great help booking tours and for general information. Breakfast was great with eggs that you could cook yourself and way you like - good change from sweet cakes and sugar cereal. We arrived early and they even let us have breakfast th day of check in. Big fluffy towels, water supplied everyday and always kept very clean. Just a little walk in to town.

View all San Pedro de Atacama Hostels