Manso Boutique Guesthouse Reviews

Malecon 1406 y Aguirre, Guayaquil, Ecuador

Clean and comfy, nice AC in the rooms (and you'll need it!), excellent location, cute restaurant. While the majority of the staff is very professional, helpful, and competent, some staff members seem to enjoy socializing and yelling loudly across the hostel instead of doing their jobs. But if you have to go to Guayaquil, here's the place to stay!

A $5/15 minute cab ride from the airport, the location is excellent, right across from the waterfront and the river. The Hostel is a multi level with stair access. Somewhat hip, unique artwork, and plenty of common area seating spaces and balconies. Air conditioning in the rooms Great breakfast. They even have tango lessons. Wished I had stayed longer.

Not a great experience. Check in took half an hour. They didn't have my reservation recorded. Reserved a room with a double bed and was given a twin. Room was small and smelled. Shared bathroom was dirty. They offer a printing service as indicated at reception but were not able to print for me because they didn't have any ink. Disorderly and the worst hostel I have stayed in.

Dear Guest: I am sorry that your reservation was not in the system when you arrived. Occasionally that might happen due to lost emails. I regret that happened to you. We have very clear procedures and all our operation highly systematized, so it is not accurate to call us a disordered place. We clean the shared bathroom four times a day, but we cannot guarantee that every second of the day it is fully cleaned.

I had a great stay here. The staff went above and beyond to take care of me. I needed a taxi for 05:00 am, and on top of setting it up for me and offering a wake up knock, they prepared a bagged breakfast to take with me. The location is directly across from the Malecon and 9 Octobre Street so most things were easily within walking distance. The only issue I had was that I had no hot water, but the kindness and helpfulness of the staff superseded that being an issue that bothered me.

• 21st Aug 2014

a good clean hotel, but not very hostel like. I had a two person dorm which was very small. Fortunately was comfortable with my roomate. first staff i met was a bit off putting but second staffer i asked for help was more helpful. 3pm checkin is an issue. i arrived at 10a. they die not even offer an earlier checkin time if the bed were ready. ron

Really lovely place to stay. Clean, calm excellent location. Not very lively though and I don't recommend the laundry service. The walls are quite thin and the bunks are a bit rickety but I would definitely stay here again if I was back in Guayaquil.

The place was very clean and fancy, and it had a pretty good breakfast. However it was also very expensive. I paid 90$ for one night for a double bed room. On the website it was written as something like 70$, but it turned out that I had to pay additional tax that was not mentioned before. The location is considered very central (Near the river), however there is not much to do around there. I would suggest to pick another hostel if you get to Guayaquil.

Dear Guest, we have everywhere very clearly stated that a 12% Sales Tax and 10% Service fee has to be added to the bill. We strongly dislike misleading marketing and would not do it. Please consider all the services we offer before labeling us expensive. We are in a prime location, with tons of attractions nearby: Iguana Park is 3 blocks away, 9 de Octubre Ave is 2 blocks away. We are right across the street from Malecon 2000, and about 20 blocks to Las Peñas & Cerro Santa Ana.

I spent a lovely time there and I met very kind people.

We got in late one night and were immediately taken care of. The room was clean, although the twin bed was a bit small. It's a bit pricier but the building is clean and safe and very comfortable. We would come back for sure.

The location is great, as it's right next to the Malecon. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was okay. One bathroom/shower for the entire floor, which was a little disappointing. Also, the bathroom was not very clean, but at least it smelled good. For a hotel/guesthouse, I would expect better.

Dear Guest, the bathroom is not for the whole floor. It is only for our two Super-econmy rooms and the guys' 3-bed shared dorm. I am sorry if the bathroom was not clean. We make every effort to keep it clean by servicing it four times a day. Thanks for your comments.

Can't be beat location steps from the malecón. All rooms have air conditioning, I had an ensure bath that was clean and had hot water. Breakfast was included: eggs, toast, fruit, coffee and tea. Laundry was $5 for a medium/large load. Would absolutely stay there again.

Very lovely hostel at a great location. The staff is very friendly. Bathrooms could be better.

• 28th Jun 2014

A really beautiful and unique hostel right on the Malecon. Comfortable, stylish, and a very good value for the money. Not much of a community or socialization among guests, but that's the only drawback if that is important to you.

i have been twice in Manso Hostel In Guayaquil, I will return.

Great hostel, very kind staff and a beautiful location. They could have more activities in the hostel itself though, like movies or something more to do!

Manso boutique was a very comfortable hostel. The air conditioning in the room was perfect after a hot day in Guayaquil. Very clean and in a good location. The staff was very friendly, the only thing is I felt they weren't very knowledgeable and a little forgetful

Good hostel in an average city. If you must stay in guayaquil - this is a nice place. Clean, safe, good location and staff... The facilities and atmosphere let it down.

The location of the hostel is perfect, right on the malecón 2000 close to the main street and close to Barrio Las Peñas (20min walk). The hostel is more like a hotel though. Breakfast is included and simple. Rooms are pretty small but clean. AC is working perfectly, Wifi as well. A television in the room or in a shared room would have been helpful to relax in the evening. Despite being a little bit more expensive than the other hostels we stayed at in Ecuador we were quite satisfied.

The only advantages of this hostel are for the excellent location (on the malecon 2000 and v near 9 de Octubre for shopping) and the lovely helpful staff. I felt the female dorm room was really an extension to the cafe. There wasn't a comfortable area to relax in the evening, and in the morning the staff in the kitchen were easily heard in the bedroom. The dorm is small but has good personal lights and air conditioning.

Hostel has a great location, close to everything, it's clean, helpfull staff... only drawback is loud traffic infront/under it.

View all Guayaquil Bed and Breakfasts