Manso Boutique Guesthouse Reviews

Malecon 1406 y Aguirre, Guayaquil, Ecuador

I had a great stay here. The staff went above and beyond to take care of me. I needed a taxi for 05:00 am, and on top of setting it up for me and offering a wake up knock, they prepared a bagged breakfast to take with me. The location is directly across from the Malecon and 9 Octobre Street so most things were easily within walking distance. The only issue I had was that I had no hot water, but the kindness and helpfulness of the staff superseded that being an issue that bothered me.

• 21st Aug 2014

a good clean hotel, but not very hostel like. I had a two person dorm which was very small. Fortunately was comfortable with my roomate. first staff i met was a bit off putting but second staffer i asked for help was more helpful. 3pm checkin is an issue. i arrived at 10a. they die not even offer an earlier checkin time if the bed were ready. ron

Really lovely place to stay. Clean, calm excellent location. Not very lively though and I don't recommend the laundry service. The walls are quite thin and the bunks are a bit rickety but I would definitely stay here again if I was back in Guayaquil.

• 19th Aug 2014

The place was very clean and fancy, and it had a pretty good breakfast. However it was also very expensive. I paid 90$ for one night for a double bed room. On the website it was written as something like 70$, but it turned out that I had to pay additional tax that was not mentioned before. The location is considered very central (Near the river), however there is not much to do around there. I would suggest to pick another hostel if you get to Guayaquil.

I spent a lovely time there and I met very kind people.

We got in late one night and were immediately taken care of. The room was clean, although the twin bed was a bit small. It's a bit pricier but the building is clean and safe and very comfortable. We would come back for sure.

The location is great, as it's right next to the Malecon. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was okay. One bathroom/shower for the entire floor, which was a little disappointing. Also, the bathroom was not very clean, but at least it smelled good. For a hotel/guesthouse, I would expect better.

Can't be beat location steps from the malecón. All rooms have air conditioning, I had an ensure bath that was clean and had hot water. Breakfast was included: eggs, toast, fruit, coffee and tea. Laundry was $5 for a medium/large load. Would absolutely stay there again.

Very lovely hostel at a great location. The staff is very friendly. Bathrooms could be better.

• 28th Jun 2014

A really beautiful and unique hostel right on the Malecon. Comfortable, stylish, and a very good value for the money. Not much of a community or socialization among guests, but that's the only drawback if that is important to you.

i have been twice in Manso Hostel In Guayaquil, I will return.

Great hostel, very kind staff and a beautiful location. They could have more activities in the hostel itself though, like movies or something more to do!

Manso boutique was a very comfortable hostel. The air conditioning in the room was perfect after a hot day in Guayaquil. Very clean and in a good location. The staff was very friendly, the only thing is I felt they weren't very knowledgeable and a little forgetful

Good hostel in an average city. If you must stay in guayaquil - this is a nice place. Clean, safe, good location and staff... The facilities and atmosphere let it down.

The location of the hostel is perfect, right on the malecón 2000 close to the main street and close to Barrio Las Peñas (20min walk). The hostel is more like a hotel though. Breakfast is included and simple. Rooms are pretty small but clean. AC is working perfectly, Wifi as well. A television in the room or in a shared room would have been helpful to relax in the evening. Despite being a little bit more expensive than the other hostels we stayed at in Ecuador we were quite satisfied.

The only advantages of this hostel are for the excellent location (on the malecon 2000 and v near 9 de Octubre for shopping) and the lovely helpful staff. I felt the female dorm room was really an extension to the cafe. There wasn't a comfortable area to relax in the evening, and in the morning the staff in the kitchen were easily heard in the bedroom. The dorm is small but has good personal lights and air conditioning.

Hostel has a great location, close to everything, it's clean, helpfull staff... only drawback is loud traffic infront/under it.

Excellent location, would stay there again. Had a small issue with extra night bookings but got worked out. Paper thin walls, rooms are very noisy. Earplugs a must.

• 30th Mar 2014

As you can tell by the name, it’s more of a hotel than a hostel, so there’s no common area, just their (tasty) restaurant. But the A/C in the rooms, the super friendly bilingual staff (only place in Ecuador where they gave me a bus schedule brochure, so helpful), the closeness to all the tourist attractions, makes it a great place to stay in Guayaquil.

Great staff, good lunch, perfect location, decent wifi. The A/C in the room is great, too bad they don't have it in the cafe/common area.

View all Guayaquil Bed and Breakfasts