Mass Residency Reviews

#18, 11th A Cross, 2nd Main,3rd Phase J.P.Nagar, Bangalore, India

My review is but a drop of praise in the bucket of overwhelming consent: Syed and Shakir are the best hosts ever. Mass Residency is comfortable and clean. We loved the walking tour around the neighborhood and meeting other interesting guests at the hostel. If you're visiting Bangalore - especially if for the first time - I would highly recommend Mass Residency.

Amazingly friendly place to stay. Don't miss the Indian breakfast!

We had a fabulous time at mass residency, Syd took us around the local neighbourhood for about 5 hours, was great to just chat to him, show us the area and it also put us completely at ease when we (2females) arrived in India. Rooms are basic but clean, we spent so little time in them it didn't matter.

Syed and Shakir who are the owners of Mass Residency are definitely the nices and friendliest people I have seen in any accommodation on this planet earth during last 36 years!!! They are so helpful brothers that they are ready to do almost anything that the visitor will enjoy his or her stay in Mass Residency. For example when I was very tired after 10 hours flight from Europa Shakir picked up some bottles of cold KINGFISHER beer from the shop to my room. THANK YOU! Olli Haapalainen , FINLAND

Mass Residency is absolutely brilliant! Shakir and Shuaib are two of the friendliest and helpful hosts that I have ever come across. There is a very good reason why they rank so high on Hostel world. Value wise, It's pretty good for Bangalore. It's an expensive city so don't expect to get anything decent cheaper. Initially I had only booked two nights and I stayed seven, that's how much I loved it here. If I am ever in Bangalore I would go back in a heartbeat.

Just wow! These guys sure know how to run a hostel! So friendly and helpfull, I can't imagine a better place in all of India. If visiting Bangalore, don't stay anywhere but here! We had an amazing time in Bangalore, so greatfull for all the kindness shown by the staff. HIGLY RECOMMENDED

Outstanding experience to get hosted! These two brothers are honestly welcoming and help in any manner they possibly can. The atmosphere is lovely and all guests are part of it. My compliment to this achievement!

• 24th Oct 2013

I've traveled over 25 countries, stayed at severals hostels, and this is the first hostel / hosts that I can admit I will truly miss. Bangalore was my first stop in India and Mass Residency - along with their superb hosts Shakir and Syed - made it very pleasant. They were helpful before I arrived with sharing the ins and outs on taxis, they helped me get a SIM card upon arrival, they gave me a neighborhood tour, drew me out a detailed map of MG road, etc etc etc. Don't debate, book the room!

Very nice place to stay, friendly staff, feel like being at home. it was my first time to visit india, i was affraid but when i stay in this place, i felt secure and comfortable, more over i felt like i have a new family in india. Thank you shakir & aga.

• 25th Sep 2013
  • Indonesia

Excellent place to stay. You already have friends in Bangalore if you stay at the mass residency

Its a long way into Bangalore, but the rickshaw journeys are fun! The owners and staff are extremely helpful and cant do enough for you....Shakir sorted me out with a phone and sim card and helped me book trains and buses! Breakfast and TV use are included in price.

• 5th Jul 2013

I would return to Bangalore just so I could stay at Mass Residency again. Shakir is an amazing host that will ensure you have a fantastic time. He went so far out of his way to help us, he even helped us get SIM cards (which can be a serious pain). The building is extremely clean and the living room is so comfortable, we lounged there many times. Also, Shakir provided delivery from a local restaurant for us, some of the best food I've ever had. Liked it so much we extended our stay.

• 16th Jun 2013

I've been stayed many kinds of Hostel ever , this hostel's staffs were AWESOME! When i lost the way to the hostel, one of the hostel staffs was looking for me with his bike! it was unbelievable. Good personality,good food, good hospitality. The best hostel ever!

• 7th Mar 2013
  • Japan

We had a fantastic stay here. Sid and Shakir go out of their way every day to make sure that you have everything you need. They are always available for assistance with going places, haggling with rickshaw drivers, ordering food, restaurant recommendations, and anything else you could possibly need. Mass residency is THE place to stay in such a crazy city!

Everything is amazing. I was actually "homesick" for mass residency after my partner and I left. It is an amazing place to stay. When I go back to Bangalore there is no other place I would rather stay. I can not say enough good things about this place.

I honestly cannot recommend this hostel highly enough! The guys who own this place are just awesome- they gave us a free 'neighbourhood tour' of the city and took us anywhere that we wanted to go (or gave us excellent directions if we wanted to set off on our own!) Food was great, rooms are massive and clean, excellent location- absolutely perfect!

• 1st Feb 2013

We, F+W fromBerlin, counting together more than 140 years, had a very good stay with Mass Residency. Each day we liked it more and appriciated the hospitality they allowed us to variate and enrich our breakfast by ourselfes, since it is our main meal of the day, so we could stay with our typical german habit - thanks.

I definitely would recommend this hostel to everybody who goes to Bangalore. The hospitality and atmosphere is excellent. Syed and Shakir really let you feel very welcome at their place. Feels like home. They are also very helpfull with anything. They bring you around to show you Bangalore and give maps. They also helped me cancelling my tickets and book new ones. Their service is the best I have ever seen in any hostel. Very very nice! Thank you!

• 27th Dec 2012

Staying here was amazing. I had never been to India before. The owners helped me out so much. From helping me buy a bus ticket, go shopping and find something to do on Christmas Eve. Syde (one of the owners) takes all guests for a neighborhood tour of the city, FREE of charge! The house is in a beautiful neighborhood with a park and many shops/markets near by. I would definitely stay here again!

Mass Residency gave us a great welcome to India, after arriving from the airport. Shakir and Syed were so friendly and helpful to us. They describe their guests as their friends, and I think that is true by the end. Neighbourhood tour, which comes with the booking, was great! Very tasty breakfast also. Would definitely recommend if you are traveling to Bangalore.

• 13th Dec 2012