Mass Residency Reviews

#18, 11th A Cross, 2nd Main,3rd Phase J.P.Nagar, Bangalore, India

This is the best hotel I saw in my life! Its incredible. Since I am traveling in India, I never saw an hotel like that. The rooms are clean, the food is good and Said and Shamir, the two brothers are amazing. At the end, they were my friends and I feel like a part of their family. They take care of me during all the stay, I had a guided walk in Bangalore, I watch Bollywood movies and I was suppose to stay 2 nights but I stay 5.. The most difficult part was to leave at the end.. Amazing!!!

A great place to stay among friends!

We initially booked 4 nights, but ended up staying 14 nights. Words fall short when it comes to the two brothers, Sid´s and Shakir´s, hospitality. They turn their world up side down to make you feel at home. And they succeeded! Just to mention a few facilities: Amazing complimentary breakfast, 5 hour neighborhood-tour, huge rooms with AC, TV, wifi, common area with TV and dvd-player, kitchen-facilities and outstanding staff (shout-out to Nitesh). Best hostel during seven months of travel in Asia

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Norway

We stayed at Mass Residency for three weeks, while on a clinical rotation at KIMS hospital in Bangalore. Sid and Shakir were incredibly kind and welcoming, and took great care of us for the entire duration of our stay. Whenever we needed directions, transportation, food, travel help, or anything else, they were always quick to assist us. We were even invited to attend Shakir's wedding, an incredible experience!!! I can't say enough good things about this excellent hostel and its owners.

• 7th Apr 2014

My review is but a drop of praise in the bucket of overwhelming consent: Syed and Shakir are the best hosts ever. Mass Residency is comfortable and clean. We loved the walking tour around the neighborhood and meeting other interesting guests at the hostel. If you're visiting Bangalore - especially if for the first time - I would highly recommend Mass Residency.

Amazingly friendly place to stay. Don't miss the Indian breakfast!

We had a fabulous time at mass residency, Syd took us around the local neighbourhood for about 5 hours, was great to just chat to him, show us the area and it also put us completely at ease when we (2females) arrived in India. Rooms are basic but clean, we spent so little time in them it didn't matter.

Syed and Shakir who are the owners of Mass Residency are definitely the nices and friendliest people I have seen in any accommodation on this planet earth during last 36 years!!! They are so helpful brothers that they are ready to do almost anything that the visitor will enjoy his or her stay in Mass Residency. For example when I was very tired after 10 hours flight from Europa Shakir picked up some bottles of cold KINGFISHER beer from the shop to my room. THANK YOU! Olli Haapalainen , FINLAND

Mass Residency is absolutely brilliant! Shakir and Shuaib are two of the friendliest and helpful hosts that I have ever come across. There is a very good reason why they rank so high on Hostel world. Value wise, It's pretty good for Bangalore. It's an expensive city so don't expect to get anything decent cheaper. Initially I had only booked two nights and I stayed seven, that's how much I loved it here. If I am ever in Bangalore I would go back in a heartbeat.

Just wow! These guys sure know how to run a hostel! So friendly and helpfull, I can't imagine a better place in all of India. If visiting Bangalore, don't stay anywhere but here! We had an amazing time in Bangalore, so greatfull for all the kindness shown by the staff. HIGLY RECOMMENDED

Outstanding experience to get hosted! These two brothers are honestly welcoming and help in any manner they possibly can. The atmosphere is lovely and all guests are part of it. My compliment to this achievement!

• 24th Oct 2013

I've traveled over 25 countries, stayed at severals hostels, and this is the first hostel / hosts that I can admit I will truly miss. Bangalore was my first stop in India and Mass Residency - along with their superb hosts Shakir and Syed - made it very pleasant. They were helpful before I arrived with sharing the ins and outs on taxis, they helped me get a SIM card upon arrival, they gave me a neighborhood tour, drew me out a detailed map of MG road, etc etc etc. Don't debate, book the room!

Very nice place to stay, friendly staff, feel like being at home. it was my first time to visit india, i was affraid but when i stay in this place, i felt secure and comfortable, more over i felt like i have a new family in india. Thank you shakir & aga.

• 25th Sep 2013
  • Indonesia

Excellent place to stay. You already have friends in Bangalore if you stay at the mass residency

Its a long way into Bangalore, but the rickshaw journeys are fun! The owners and staff are extremely helpful and cant do enough for you....Shakir sorted me out with a phone and sim card and helped me book trains and buses! Breakfast and TV use are included in price.

• 5th Jul 2013

I would return to Bangalore just so I could stay at Mass Residency again. Shakir is an amazing host that will ensure you have a fantastic time. He went so far out of his way to help us, he even helped us get SIM cards (which can be a serious pain). The building is extremely clean and the living room is so comfortable, we lounged there many times. Also, Shakir provided delivery from a local restaurant for us, some of the best food I've ever had. Liked it so much we extended our stay.

• 16th Jun 2013

I've been stayed many kinds of Hostel ever , this hostel's staffs were AWESOME! When i lost the way to the hostel, one of the hostel staffs was looking for me with his bike! it was unbelievable. Good personality,good food, good hospitality. The best hostel ever!

• 7th Mar 2013
  • Japan

We had a fantastic stay here. Sid and Shakir go out of their way every day to make sure that you have everything you need. They are always available for assistance with going places, haggling with rickshaw drivers, ordering food, restaurant recommendations, and anything else you could possibly need. Mass residency is THE place to stay in such a crazy city!

Everything is amazing. I was actually "homesick" for mass residency after my partner and I left. It is an amazing place to stay. When I go back to Bangalore there is no other place I would rather stay. I can not say enough good things about this place.

I honestly cannot recommend this hostel highly enough! The guys who own this place are just awesome- they gave us a free 'neighbourhood tour' of the city and took us anywhere that we wanted to go (or gave us excellent directions if we wanted to set off on our own!) Food was great, rooms are massive and clean, excellent location- absolutely perfect!

• 1st Feb 2013