Massiosare El Hostel Reviews

Revillagigedo # 47, Corner with Victoria Street, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

Total ghost town, barely saw another person. No hostel organised activities and not really any recommendations from staff. Room was decent and had good views, but no fan or aircon.

Poorly managed and I would NOT recommend it. The streets surrounding it did not feel safe. I hardly ever saw any employees there. Prior reviews here mentioned the lack of managerial presence, which is a little weird. The wifi is slow or just doesn't work. You basically have to ask for everything like more toilet paper, coffee, etc., if there is no staff around, good luck! Not surprisingly, the bathrooms are gross. This place has the potential to be great, but the staff seems to slack off a lot.

Great place, Great location, great rooftop, very safe BUT too many stairs, poor breakfast and reception always close

The staff were friendly, but rarely around. For the most part it was really clean, but the showers did not drain well at all, so you could be left standing ankle deep in someone else's shower water. The free breakfast is basically coffee,a donut and a piece of fruit. The kitchen was tiny, and for some reason there was literally only one fork in the whole hostel. However the hostel looked very nice, was decently close to everything, and there was always a security guard at the door.

This was a very average hostel. Not filthy, but not clean. Not a bad location, but not great. The dorm room didn't have a fan, and the room was filled with mosquitoes - which made it very difficult to sleep. I wish I had stayed in Zona Rosa.

Price-wise, it is awesome. The staff is all nice and helpful. But if the hostel can do some renovation, improving the shared bathroom and toilets a bit, it would be an excellent hostel.

Within minutes of two Metro Stations, between Chapultepec and the Zócalo, this well located hostel was very welcoming, with very friendly staff and customers alike, I was able to plan day trips easily, and they welcomed me to stay for my whole last day until 22:00 to catch my bus. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

Fantastic hostel! Stairs are a mission, as others have said, breakfast unexciting (but better than nothing) and the place is old. But character filled, friendly atmospohere, comfy firm beds and great staff!!

Perhaps the place needs an extra shower close to the individual rooms, but in general it is a great, quite place with an amazing patio roof.

I loved it it's a work out up the stairs but it was awesome staff are so lovely and welcoming. I could sit for hours talking and they made me feel so comftable. My room was so cute I loved my private little bungalow secure and warm at nights. I would very much love to come back thank you Gus and team ..you come for the experience for sure

• 19th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Breakfast time is irregular. One time i waited until 8.50am and had to leave without breakfast. It's very inconvenient to stay in the single/double room because 1) no wifi; 2) no private shower; 3) tap water is cold; 4) it's cold and i get wet from walking to the room in the rain; 5) Just feel so odd to have a few residents passing by my room every day.

Gus was great, As soon as I arrived he gave me a map and advised of the safest routes to take. You can ask him anything and he'll do what he can for you. Hostel is in a great location, 10 minutes away from attractions and a metro station just round the corner. The four flights of stairs and no lift are a killer if you are not used to the altitude but for the amount of times you will be up and down in any one day totally worth it for the price and staff.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

es increble me encanta el espacio y el lugar es súper circa toda las cosas en la ciudad..puede caminar a el centro y el metro es 2 minutos mas importante los gentes de el hostal son muy amable. Gracias gus, dulce, y alejandro Y la desayunar es deliciosa también con jugo, frutas, y postres muy rica :) hostal is incredible. The space is awesome and super close to everything including the metro. Most important the people are so friendly and helpful. Great breakfast too Paz y amor

Staff were friendly and helpful but not always visible. My room was clean and quiet. However there was no hot water one day/ night. The hostel is on the fifth floor of a building without a working elevator. It is a very cool old building and the rooftop deck has a nice view of the city.

Overall good place.

This is a great place for meeting people - lots of communal areas (common room and rooftop balcony). Staff are very helpful with what sights to see that are worthwhile and a quick walk to get to. The stairs up to the 4th floor can be quite a task at the end of a long day but a good way to work off too many tacos! Recommended.

It is a great Hostel also the people who are there always supporting us !

• 21st Jul 2015
  • El Salvador

I love rooftop! Here is good for long stay, I think. Nice staff and cute dog. No elevator so a bit tired but it's ok, I need exercise:) at the entrance there is security guard man so feel safe.

I really liked this hostel and stayed there both times i visited Mexico city. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hostel is really clean they have clean and well equipped kitchen.It is in the centre of town close the zocalo but not in a noisy area.

I like the rooftop and the breakfast. Staff was helpful. I enjoyed staying. Thank you so much. This hostel is 5th floor without the lift. A little bit tired to go up.