Massiosare El Hostel Reviews

Revillagigedo # 47, Corner with Victoria Street, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

Great team at Massiosare El Hotel. Lovely spaces to hang out and a great view of the city. There is always a security guard on the door which is great and it is in walking distance from great local shops and parks. The showers are really hot which is amazing and the staff are fantastic. There are a LOT of stairs so be prepared for that. Definitely would stay here again.

We had a pleasant stay at El Massionare. The rooms were clean and the common area nice and spacious. The staff was very helpful although not always within reach. Our personal highlight was the rooftop terrace. The only negative point, which has to be mentioned, was the party that took place on the terrace on the night of our arrival. Unfortunately we were quite tired and the music and people were quite noisy.

I would definitely recommend the place to stay to everyone: ) I have stayed at several hostels so far but I can tell you that Massiore is one of the best hostels! I liked the staff and atmosphere I felt like at home and everyone was like my friend. People said the stairs make you bit tired to get to the place but I thought it would be a nice workout as you have a lot of greasy food in Mexico : )

We liked this hostel in general aspects, and above all, we liked the friendly and very helpful staffs. Our pleasant stay in the Mexico City largely owes to this hostel. Thank you very much.

The hostel is located on the 5th floor of a building with no elevator access and unlit stairwell. It's a bit unsettling when you first arrive and have to lug your luggage up 5 flights of dark stairs. The staff is friendly if not very considerate. On one night, one of the owners told us he was throwing a party on the terrace and it would end by 11 pm. The party went on until 2 am and none of the paying travelers could sleep. We did get refunded for the night but it soured us on the experience.

Biggest issue- waited 25 minutes to be let in at 2am. Had to find change, then a pay phone, then call. Guy didn't apologize- seemed annoyed I'd woken him up. It was a weekend. Also very easy for anyone to, once in the building, walk into rooms without passing reception. Bathrooms are tiny, no fan in rooms, which get hot with double and triple decker bunk beds. Mosquitos run amok. Location is mediocre, you'll want to be in Roma/Condesa, so budget at least 100 pesos for cab 1-way (more if gringo).

• 30th Aug 2014

Feels more like someone's loft than a hostel (good thing) ... centrally located to attractions and transport, chill patio with amazing views. Hot water is a bit limited though, so don't linger in the shower for long...!

very clean, atmosphere was great, provide private rooms, lovely terrace for breakfast, for coffee-lovers: the coffee was really tasty ;) ... perfect english skills (staff), very friendly and obliging. although the hostel was in the 4th floor, it didn't bother me. Thanks guys, had a great time ;)

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Austria

A very nice hostel with super friendly staff and a cosy atmosphere. Whether you are looking for calm or to party this is the perfect place! Location is also very good and the staff is really helpful when it comes to give recommendations and tips about anything! I would highly recommend this place!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Sweden

IT HAS A BEAUTIFUL TERRAZA AND IT´S VERY CLOSE TO THE CENTRE ...IT SERVES BREAKFAST AND IT´S VERY CLEAN AND MODERN..HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Although the breakfast lasts up to 10:30 or so, better to be there soon or you can find yourself without bread. If you arrive late, knock strong on the door. The doorbell was not working and I had to stay outside for some minutes (not a nice thing late in the night with all your belongings). Otherwise, a very good hostel. I'd stay there again.

Nice staff, average breakfast. The common areas are nice but when I was there no one seemed to use them very much and therefore it was very difficult to meet new people. Good if you want a quiet base to see Mexico City. Excellent security with 24 hour security a front door.

Very happy place.