Maverick Hostel & Ensuites Reviews

Ferencziek tere 2., Budapest, Hungary

The reception staff were great, really helpful and always friendly. Lovely stay :)

Very good place to stay. If I come back to Budapest I will choose Maverick again.

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Poland

This is a really nice hostel! The facilities are great, loved not having bunk beds, it's very clean and comfortable, the staff are friendly and helpful and the location is great. The only downside for me was that it was a bit of an older crowd when I was there, which wasn't great for atmosphere or traveling alone, but this was in low season so I'd love to come again during a busier time!

Everything about this place is excellent. Super comfortable beds, immaculate in all areas, great kitchens, and extremely kind and helpful staff. Would 100% stay here again.

The hostel is amazing, feels more like an hotel. Do not hesitate, stay here. The beds are very comfy, each floor has several bathrooms and a kitchen.

Good location to move around Budapest..both buda and pest side were easy to go

Overall, pretty good. Can't beat the location or the price. I appreciate that there are no bunk beds. It's a very old building, with very high ceilings; as a result, snoring is louder and echoes. Good, clean bathrooms. Housekeeping is on top of everything. However, reception has a bit of an attitude problem. Don't bother asking for a resto recommendation, the place they'll send you (with the free glass of beer/wine) is a crappy tourist trap that gives them kickbacks.

Dear Guest, thank you for your review. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We asked our receptionist to be a lot more friendly and we will investigate the restaurant problem.

Less than a ten minute walk from train station and well located to bus, tram, and subway system. Easy walk to many attractions. Most helpful 24-hours a day staff who were willing to help reserve tour tickets, shuttle to airport, or make suggestions to local attractions. Huge lockers to accommodate traveler's belongings. Bunk beds were wide with plenty of head room plus curtains to provide individual privacy and complete with electrical outlet & light. Well stocked kitchen with dishwasher.

Loved the hostel ! location was great, facilities are wonderful. The only thing we struggled with was very noisy and manner-less guests also staying in the same hostel.

Thanks for the review, we are sorry for the discomfort caused by the other Guest. We asked the receptionist to be more strict and make other guests keep the house rules and respect our noise policy. Hope to see you again.

Maverick was amazing all around. The location is superb and convenient. Staff members are friendly and helpful. The place is clean. Washroom is clean and the staffs make your bed every day. The bathroom drainer on second floor next to the kitchen is a bit slow. I would suggest to look into it. Aside from that, it was the best hostel I have ever been in and I will highly recommend others to stay there. In the common room area, people are mostly friendly and respectful. Great experience!!

Thanks a lot for your review. We have mended the drainer. Hope to see you again.

This was an excellent hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff. They answered all my questions, gave me great advice on things to do, and helped me buy tickets for different events. The bathrooms were quite clean, great water pressure, and no shortage of hot water when showering. The location was great, also. Walking distance to historical sites and museums, or if you want public transport, its very close as well. I would highly recommend this hostel and would stay here again!

• 21st Oct 2015

Hostel is in a super large, old building so there isn't much atmosphere. Even though I stayed in a 12 person room it felt hard to meet and interact with people. The rooms and kitchens were very spacious however and the bathrooms clean. Bed was comfy, lack of free breakfast was a bummer. Its a little far removed from the 'party scene' but only really an extra 10-15 minute walk so its not too bad.

Very good hostel. Great value for the money, and no problems to speak of.

This hostel is generally good but I don't know about a shower because I went to Szechenyi spa.

Great place to stay at for a fair price. Nice, friendly staff. Security should not be a problem. The common area is great to meet people and they offer just the right amount of services. Location is good, well connected and not far from the touristic places. And...no bunk beds. Would totally recommend it.

Stayed in a 10-bed dorm on the 2nd floor, and this was one of the quietest hostels I'd ever stayed in. The room itself is spacious, and it was nice having a separate kitchen on the same floor. It wasn't the most social hostel, but that also means you get a lot of privacy even for staying in such a big dorm.

Night Light next to bed was broken on arrival. Shower clogged during when showering so my feet were in a pool of water the entire shower.

Thanks for your review. We have fixed the shower since then, and we have repaired the broken light. Hope to see you again.

Its a castle!!! Great location and friendly nice staff. Surroynded by beautiful buildings and right in top of train and shopping. Great faciliries. Could see it was quite social and fun if thats what you were looking for.

The location was fantastic and great value.

• 7th Oct 2015

Gave this hostel 100% because, overall, it was an excellent experience. Just one negative note: it's an old building (a beautiful old building), so there are some old building noises. I was in a 6-person dorm, and the door creaked every time it opened. Perhaps a little oil on the hinges might make a big difference? Thank you Mavericks for a wonderful stay.