Maverick Hostel & Ensuites Reviews

Ferencziek tere 2., Budapest, Hungary

Amazing hostel, I can't wait to come back here to see more of budapest! Full kitchen to cook, right next door to grocery store, laundry facilities if you need. Amazing! Great location too.

From wine tasting to Palinka tasting to pub hopping, there wasn't an evening when you didn't have something fun in mind for us, in and on the house. The personalized attention to detail by all the staff was a treat.

It's right in the center of Budapest, just outside one of the main metro stations. Facilities were the best I've experienced in my trip.

The location is perfect!! Its right beside the centre and we walked everywhere!! They have a 24 hour reception which is handy as we arrived late and left early in the morning. The only thing i could fault it on was the bed could have been a little better, the mattress was a bit thin so if you have a bad back! This is not the place for you!!!

Your front reception staff especially Attila was very helpful (I think that is how you spell it). They were always willing to help us get around to our destinations. GREAT LOCATION TO METRO ENTRANCE! Free calls home was a huge bonus too.

Very helpful staff Service wash facility was excellent whilst travelling Only problem was shortage of fans in 10 bed dorm

The hostel is very easy to reach from the airport, central location, with most things at walking distance; room comfortable and security assured. We just have to say that we comunicated our arrival at 12, but our room was not ready..aniway everything was good.

Best hostel out of the trip. Great kitchen and rooms, very friendly and social. Had a free Palinka tasting where we could have as much as we wanted. Great internet and 3 free computers you can use. Will return fo sho

Living space was lovely, and the actual room was spacious and well laid out. Welcome drinks were a nice touch, and the staff were all very friendly.

Excellent staff!

Well located, very nice rooms, extremely helpful and friendly staff, the fastest internet/computers ever! This is more of a relaxed hotel rather than a party place but they can arrange that if you want that too!

Impossible to find with the directions that were given which were almost too complicated... we needed to go to a cafe with wifi in order for google maps to show us where to go. But once inside, it was absolutely lovely. Facilities and rooms were incredibly clean, and it was incredibly easy to make friends in the common area. I've never felt more safe in a hostel and the central location was ideal. Definitely recommend!

The beds were very comfortable and shower facilities were better than in other hostels I have stayed. The lockers are fairly small, so you can only fit in a couple of things.

• 24th Jun 2014

Maverick Hostel was fantastic! The staff was very kind and super helpful. Our room was the cleanest hostel room I've ever stayed in - and a much better price than many others. Even though we were just off the lobby and TV room, it was very quiet. The ability to store our luggage before and after check in/out was a lifesaver. All of these things combined to give a great experience not only at the hostel, but also in Budapest as a whole. Thanks!!

• 23rd Jun 2014

This was absolutely the BEST and nicest hostel I have ever been to (and I've been to a lot). I could not believe all the space we had-- our room slept 9, and we had 2 staying there. The location could not have been better. It was like having your own home for a few days. If you are in Budapest, this is THE place to stay! We had a full kitchen, beautiful bathroom, dining room, 2 living rooms, lofts, etc. Seriously, you do not want to miss out on this place!!

Amazing location, though the directions from the Ferenciek Tere Metro could be better. You take Exit C, walk straight ahead and you see the "green gates". The female staff seem pretty unknowledgeable and unbothered to assist my queries. Rooms were well decorated, but I hated the beds. Way too soft and you feel the bed's springs easily. A limited number of showers available on the second floor, and the bathing water was ICE cold. Lockers in the room were only big enough to store your valuables.

Thank you for your comment, we will definitely work on those weakness you mentioned. Regarding your problem with the staff, Maverick Hostel pays extra attention on receptionists that they should be nice and helpful so we are extremely sorry that you had such a bad experience and we will definitely improve their knowledge. The bigger lockers are under production. We will be able to put those into the common lobby area in the following weeks.

Excellent hostel all around, I enjoyed my stay. The place is beautiful, clean and well situated. The atmosphere wasnt great, I felt like the lack of a good common area made it difficult to meet other travelers. The staff was helpful and very kind, but they fell a bit short of my expectations. The facilities were outstanding. The place is really beautiful and quiet at night.

Comfortable. Well equipped kitchen. You can use PC for free.

It was a very nice hostel to stay for 2 nights there. I stayed in a private room which was very comfortable and especially the bathroom was the best I have ever been. It was wide enough to use. I really want to recommend it to everyone.

The maverick is in excellent location by the Metro and walking distance to Danube and Elizabeth Bridge. Use your Metro pass on the water taxi at the pier 8 going N along the Danube, and can get off near the Chain Bridge (impressive) on the return trip downstream and take the funicular, or if the line is too long, nearby on the corner (next to tiny store below street level and catch Bus 16 (Metro pass) which will deposit you at the top. Bus 16 will also take you back to Szell Kalman Ter Metro M2