Maverick Hostel & Ensuites Reviews

Ferencziek tere 2., Budapest, Hungary

Staff were a bit grumpy and our bedroom door didn't lock meaning about 20-30 people had access to our room and the flimsy security lockers in there. However good value in Central budapest

We are very sorry, that our staff didn't meet your expectations. We will work harder to create a more welcoming atmosphere. For enhancing the safety level of the dorm, we will strenghten the lockers in the room, and we have already placed some newer and biger ones front of the room. Sorry again for the possible incoveniences!

Excellent Hostel, Excellent location and Bedroom really nice. They had only one problem, the noisy coming from bathroom was terrible and so loud!!! I've been in room number 2. Thanks very much for all staffs!!! =D

Definitely one of the best hostels ever!!! Very friendly and welcoming staff, the hostel's atmosphere is very warm, the guests were nice as well. My dorm was clean and comfortable enough. The hostel's location is perfect, I could go everywhere on foot. Next time I hope I will be able to stay more nights:-)

• 5th Jan 2014
  • Hungary

Very funny, friendly and helpful staff. The room(s) were amazing, with a lot of space, kitchen, bathroom with washing machine and big TV and DVD player and tastefully furnished. The entrance is a little hard to find, but the building and location are perfect.

Nice place to stay, if I come back to Budapest I will stay there again. My only suggestion to improve is to accept credit cards to pay the hostel.

Pretty much a hotel in disguise. It's right across the bridge from the Szent monument and down the alley from the main shopping area. The building door might be difficult to spot at first, Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and very nice for a hostel. You have to pass thru 4 locked doors to get into the room so security isn't an issue. PI would def stay here again.

When we booked a double room, we expected a small basic room with a bed and simple ensuite. Instead we got our own entire apartment with a kitchen, bathroom/laundry, TV room, dining room and bedroom!! Incredible value, and right in the centre of Pest. There was also very fast and reliable WiFi, Cable TV, a washer/dryer and a fully equipped kitchen. I without a doubt suggest this is your first choice for accommodation in Budapest. Thanks soo much to the wonderful staff for our Christmas stay!

NICE place. The staff is very friendly and willing to help in everything they can. The building is also nice and centric.

I work in a hostel in Italy with high HW ratings. However, I was not prepared for how clean, nice, beautiful, CHEAP, etc. the Maverick hostel was. Staff were incredibly helpful. I'm still somewhat shocked that their scores arenìt even higher than they are. While in Budapest, there was one night that Maverick was fully booked. I stayed at another hostel which has a higher rating. The reality however, was that Maverick was really much better in all categories. I will definitely be back.

• 19th Dec 2013

Incredibly helpful and friendly staff and a really beautiful building. Help with the airport taxi was very much appreciated. Not just clean, but nicer than many cheap hotels i've stayed in!

Really good hostel, good environment- free tea and coffee. Excellent Location!

The hostel is very clean and nice and the staff is very kind and helpful.

Awesome hostel in general. Clean, friendly and good central location. Definitely worth a visit

A very good and interesting hostel. It's close to main attractions, subway station and supermarket. It's in a huge masion, with huge clean ensuite rooms and real beds( I mean, not 2 levles beds in normal hostels but normal family single beds, which are very comfortable). With good kitchen, good wifi and hospitable staff and very reasonable price. I'm sure I'd like to recommend it to other travellers.

The bathrooms are huge, there is a bathtub additional to the shower. The common room is really nice. With a big tv and a really big kitchen. They even have a dishwasher. The people were so much fun.It just sucks, that they let older people stay there too, because they ccomplain about you beeing too loud in the common room way ro early. But there are lots of places to party around the hostel, where you can go, so it's not to bad. I'd always stay there again and it's one of the best hostels ever

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Maverick. It was situated in a perfect location and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, offering advice and maps. One of the most comfortable beds i have ever slept in and a great secure locking door so felt very safe!

Great hostel. I've stayed in hostels in many countries, and I felt more at home in this one than in almost any other. I'm still not sure why the downstairs is dedicated to "The Big Labowski," but why not. Here's to the dude and friends. Thank you for your hospitality, Maverick -- and particular thanks to Edina and Esther for their friendliness and helpfulness. Dr. David Jenkins Plovdi University

Everything about this hostel was amazing minus the staff (specifically, Alana sp ) Good location, great room, and extremely secure. Located in an really cool historic building in a good location near public transportation and the town center. Unfortunately, the staff while they did not necessarily do anything wrong, seemed very cold and did the bare minimum as far as recommendations etc.

We are sorry for the problems with the reception. One of our main goals to provide high quality service 24/7, so we will talk to the receptionists who were in shift during your stay to make a lot lot more effort towards our guests.

If your a light sleeper the rooms on the Main Street with the best view are definitely not for you, even with the heavy curtain they aren't very loud. Stayed twice the first time shower was blocked but second was ok.

The staff were especially helpful and it was great that we could leave our luggage while we visited the city on the last day.