Maverick Hostel & Ensuites Reviews

Ferencziek tere 2., Budapest, Hungary

Possibly the best hostel I have stayed at. Stayed in a private room and it is better than a lot of hotels I've stayed in and is extremely cheap, even in high season. Definitely recommend!

This ancient building housed many large dorms or apartments. We were in the latter and were thoroughly impressed by the size of the room and the grandeur of such a cheap facility. It was a return trip to Mav and I would go back!

Great place, clean, safe and in city center. Perfect!!!

I have to say this one of the best hostel i stayed at. The whole concept is really nice and pretty well define. The staffs is so nice even take you to the room and explain you everything. The location cannot be better, you can reach everything walking from there. The rooms are clean, toilets are also clean the WIFI IS PERFECT. In general after being in around 150 hostels this is one of the best so far for me.

Dear Rafael, Thank you for your comment, we are very happy that you liked our hostel, hope to see you soon again.

I like this hostel very much. I want to recommend you guys. staff was very kind. good location to trip Budapest (near the Erzebet bridge).

The emplacement of the hostel is very good and the reception sympatic. You have free wifi and free computer acess. The only bad point is the shower and the noise of the road.

Dear Marie, Thank you for staying at us. We have changed the shower head and we have also talked to the cleanning ladies to do a more precise job.

Lovely chilled out hostel. The rooms and en suite were very clean and perfect for a budget weekend. Great location near everything!. Perfect hostel for us but maybe not enough nightlife and socialising for other groups or inderviduals

Dear Lucy, Thanks for the lovely review. We are happy that you had a good time. We organize social events three times a week, where we offer free wine or spirit tasting. On Thursdays this includes a free pub crawl too among our guests, but we would like to provide some sort of event for most of the nights, so we will think about it how to improve. See you next time!

Amazing hostel, I can't wait to come back here to see more of budapest! Full kitchen to cook, right next door to grocery store, laundry facilities if you need. Amazing! Great location too.

From wine tasting to Palinka tasting to pub hopping, there wasn't an evening when you didn't have something fun in mind for us, in and on the house. The personalized attention to detail by all the staff was a treat.

It's right in the center of Budapest, just outside one of the main metro stations. Facilities were the best I've experienced in my trip.

The location is perfect!! Its right beside the centre and we walked everywhere!! They have a 24 hour reception which is handy as we arrived late and left early in the morning. The only thing i could fault it on was the bed could have been a little better, the mattress was a bit thin so if you have a bad back! This is not the place for you!!!

Your front reception staff especially Attila was very helpful (I think that is how you spell it). They were always willing to help us get around to our destinations. GREAT LOCATION TO METRO ENTRANCE! Free calls home was a huge bonus too.

Very helpful staff Service wash facility was excellent whilst travelling Only problem was shortage of fans in 10 bed dorm

The hostel is very easy to reach from the airport, central location, with most things at walking distance; room comfortable and security assured. We just have to say that we comunicated our arrival at 12, but our room was not ready..aniway everything was good.

Best hostel out of the trip. Great kitchen and rooms, very friendly and social. Had a free Palinka tasting where we could have as much as we wanted. Great internet and 3 free computers you can use. Will return fo sho

Living space was lovely, and the actual room was spacious and well laid out. Welcome drinks were a nice touch, and the staff were all very friendly.

Excellent staff!

Well located, very nice rooms, extremely helpful and friendly staff, the fastest internet/computers ever! This is more of a relaxed hotel rather than a party place but they can arrange that if you want that too!

Impossible to find with the directions that were given which were almost too complicated... we needed to go to a cafe with wifi in order for google maps to show us where to go. But once inside, it was absolutely lovely. Facilities and rooms were incredibly clean, and it was incredibly easy to make friends in the common area. I've never felt more safe in a hostel and the central location was ideal. Definitely recommend!

The beds were very comfortable and shower facilities were better than in other hostels I have stayed. The lockers are fairly small, so you can only fit in a couple of things.

• 24th Jun 2014