Maverick Hostel & Ensuites Reviews

Ferencziek tere 2., Budapest, Hungary

We really enjoyed our stay in this hostel. It definitely was a good value for money! It was very clean, stylish and super well located, just in front of the metro stop and 5-10 walking minutes to everywhere. I really recommend it. There is a free pub crawl and free phone calls to your mum :)

This place is such a gem! The location is fantastic, and the beds aren't bunk beds, which is so refreshing :) The room was big and there was free coffee and tea all day. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Can't be better than this! The hostel was brilliant one to stay! Even 10 beds dorm has 10 single beds in a very spacious room. Every single day, the cleaning lady made all the beds tidy even though I was staying for 4 nights. Very impressive. The location is also very good to go to any attractions in a city which is very close to Danube River and one of those bridge. Staffs were all very kind and helpful whatever I asked for. Very clean. Free tea and coffee. I loved common room area as well!

We chose this hostel because of the gorgeous old building and it was quite beautiful. The staff were helpful although not always particularly friendly. The free coffee and tea was very nice. The shower facilities were a bit lacking (plugging, water-logged shower/bathroom floors). The room was cute and quite big - it was nice to have a TV but all the channels were in Hungarian lol. There weren't often people in the common spaces but we weren't there for the party anyway.

We loved our stay here. Very spacious, roomy and quiet. One of my favorite hostels!

• 16th Sep 2015

Great place to stay. Super helpful staff that let me stay in the lobby even after my time expired.

Loooooved my stay here. The place is beautiful and I met a lot of awesome people. It's like being in a shared apartment and the kitchen is the best I've seen in a long time at a hostel. Only wish there were more bathrooms, one was out of order on our floor and they were fixing it the entire time I was there. Great for solo travelers, amazing location.

Thanks for your nice review, and sorry for the discomfort. Since then we have fixed the bathroom. Hope to see you again.

Perfect location! Entry from street isn't obvious, but the directions for finding it are excellent. There is an elevator to the upper levels, which are rather like a hotel. No breakfast, but you can buy a ticket for breakfast at a nearby restaurant. Coffee and tea was provided in the common area outside our room. We would certainly stay here again.

Thanks for the review. We have recently placed a huge sign onto the corner of our building to make it easier to find us.

we stayed here during a conference - wonderful place as close to university, in the centre for sightseeing, and just a couple of minutes to a lot of bars/pubs at the same time. we had a wonderful time - will totally recommend you! thank you! :)

Loved this hostel! In one word, PERFECT. They only provide single beds (no bunk beds)regardless of the room size. There is a fully furnished kitchen for each apartment. The staff are really helpful - gave great recommendations for food and sightseeing. They offer free shots of palinka which helps with the pre gaming and gets everyone talking. Can't say enough good things about this place. It is a MUST if you ever visit Budapest

Beautiful boutique hostel. The bed style in the dorms aren't the best and can make you miss your privacy. However, the free pub crawl by the hostel was one of the best night outs I had in Europe, so no complaints :)

Great location and clean rooms. Stayed in an upstairs "apartment", which was very comfortable. It was especially nice having a single instead of a bunk bed. Only complaint would be that there as no AC and only a few fans per room, so sometimes it was too hot at night!

Dear Guest, thank you for your comment we are happy that you have liked our apartment. We would like to built in AC but as it is a heritage protected building it is very difficult. Hopefully we can finalize till for next spring. Hope to see you again.

There isnt much atmosphere if you ask me, but you could definitely meet lots of solo travaller (more laid back one). But the hostel is amazing, located right in the city center, with cheap food nearby. On the downside, there isnt enough bathroom though. The building is an old building which is super cool! Definitely stay here again.

Absolutely amazing hostel!!! I have stayed many places in Europe and this was one my favorite. The staff was super friendly and helpful with tips for the city. The common room was large and comfortable. They take everything into consideraton. There are 3 computers, a phone to make international calls, coffee and tea and more. It was easy to get around from the great location of the hostel, many metro stations near by and easy to walk to places. LOVED my stay here and LOVE Budapest! I will be bac

If you are looking for a party stay at the other Maverick hostel. If you are not, this hostel is tucked away in a beautiful building with large, recently renovated, apartment style rooms - our 3 person suite even had a kitchen. Location was good, near a market and plenty of dining options also only 10 minute walk to the Jewish quarter with ruin bars

• 19th Aug 2015

Overall, great location and room! I asked for a restaurant recommendation and I think there could be much better ones than what was told to me by staff.

• 19th Aug 2015

Perfekt läge, trevlig och hjälpsam personal, fantastisk, historisk lokal, modern utrustning, rent!

The best hostel I have ever visited in Europe! Clean, nice staff, nice room and value for money!

1 2 3 Next » last »