Maverick Hostel & Ensuites Reviews

Ferencziek tere 2., Budapest, Hungary

The location is good and the price is really cheap. Poor wifi and the staff could not give informative suggestions on the places to go could be things to be improved.

Thank you for your comment. We are very sorry about the wifi and especially the lack of help from our staff. By now we didnt experience the internet problem, but we have restarted all routers to be on the safe side. We have also asked our receptionists to be a lot more communicative.

We had such an excellent stay at Mavericks! The facilities were stunning and set in such a great location. The staff was also very friendly and willing to help out.

Really cool hostel in a former palace. Rooms were nice and spacious, good kitchen and clean bathrooms. Highlight was the location and architecture - staying in that building is very cool!!

Great location, close walking distance to almost all the major attractions. Of course the hostel itself is not as bright and clean as the photos, but it's still quite nice for the price. The staff was helpful and friendly, which wonderful seeing as I am eighteen, traveling alone, and was (initially) terrified. They made me feel welcome and helped point me in the right direction. All in all, a very good experience!

• 2nd Jun 2014

Good location. We could walk everywhere. Really nice hostel with a good kitchen and a friendly staff.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Finland

This place was very nice, unlike other hostels I've ever been at. Very clean

Excelent hostel, the staff were very kind and the wifi signal was perfect.

Hotel quality sleeping for hostel prices and atmosphere. The free spirits were a great way to kick off the partying!

The hostel was great! Staff were extremely accommodating and there to help you with anything you needed. Rooms were very clean and showers were nice and hot and squeaky clean. The value of your money was really worth it and I would totally stay here again!

The location was excellent. The staff were very helpful . We were impressed with the cleanliness and the security.

The staff is very nice!

Everything about the Maverick is great. If it wasn't for the incredibly loud school group in the dorm next to us, our stay would have been perfect. Thanks a lot for the last night, for moving us to a another room, so nice and quiet! We loved our stay, awesome staff and what a nice place!

This is the best hostel I stayed at in my 3 weeks in Europe (london, Paris, Normandy, Prague & Budapest), hands down. Location was very good - adjacent to Elizabeth bridge and not too far from Chain Bridge. I liked how clean the private rooms were. Not big rooms, but nice renovated (modern), neat and efficient. Staff was very friendly & enjoyed Hungarian wine night. Clean. Good value. Will definitely stay here if I return to budapest.

• 13th May 2014

Lovely hostel. Clean nicely decorated rooms, great kitchen facilities. Close to city centre and metro station. The building it's in is also very beautiful. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone.

Very nice place in a classy old building.

Very nice location with very helpful staff, the dorm room was really nice also with comfortable bed which I didn't have to make up myself. A really great hostel.

This hostel is nicely located near all the main sites so you can walk to all of them. It's also very close to a metro station. The hostel is clean and the staff friendly. I stayed in the 10 bed dorm and there was ample space. It didn't feel like you were packed in like sardines. There's a fully equipped kitchen. The only complaint I have is that the internet didn't work for pretty much my entire stay on my floor. They were working on fixing it when I left.

Thank you for the comment. We had some difficulty with our internet provider, but the problem is solved by now. Sorry for the discomfort and hopefully see you soon!

Really wonderful hostel -- friendly and helpful staff, good location near the city center, very clean and well-run. Beautiful old building, too. Highly recommended.

Really lovely hostel, clean, friendly, quiet and comfortable. No lockers for valuables but general security good. Highly recommended.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Location : Right at the heart of the city Accessibility : Very Easy to find Staff : Friendly , Helpful Stay : Very Comfortable , Kitchen nicely Equipped , Bed neat and clean