Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

A really nice hostel. Located on a small street and within a walking distance to many tourist areas. It's also a great value for money - it was cheaper than other hostels with similar location. They also organize a wide range of activities - pub crawls, walking tours or dinners with traditional Spanish food. I'll be happy to come back to this hostel during my next stay in Barcelona :)

A block from Girona metro, good mix of tapas and restaurants nearby. Store across the street. Hostel was clean. They'll launder your clothes for 10 bucks, which was nice. The communal suppers and pub crawls were fun. Rooms can be hot, as there's no air con in them. People tended to crash in the movie room as it has air con. Was like a sleepover, haha. Rose was our pub crawl guide, and it was a blast. Good hostel for meeting people. Hostel was pretty quiet.

Excellent hostel! I stayed in a doble room private and it was like a hotel service. Amazing dinners and pub crowl. I would recommend to everyone. Super staff :))

• 30th Aug 2015

The staff were so amazing and so incredibly helpful. Rose, Carlo you guys are so BEAUTIFUL! Rose gave me the best tips on where to go for a good meal and just a nice stroll around the city on my way to get to La Catedral. Carlo was incredible and even when these horrible girls were shouting at him and being rude, he was still very nice and lovely and helpful! You guys are the best! They also hold family style dinners which were cheap, delcious and such a good way to meet others!

Not much common areas to sit in, rooms are quite hot as thier is no fan. Street outsite is very noisy. Beds were reasonably comfy, good location near sites and metro line. Hostel meals were very good and cheap. The staff were very helpful and nice. I had a good stay

Loved staying here! It has a pretty good location and the staff were amazing. The hostel dinners were delicious and such good value. The lockers were great as well. Would definitely stay here again.

A great hostel- good location for the central area (there is plenty of walking in Barcelona in any case!) Staff were always friendly and more than willing to help/answer questions. Rooms/bathrooms were fairly clean and security was good with lockers available in the rooms (I also liked the waterproof wristband keys!) I enjoyed the free walking tour which was recommended by the hostel but didn't get to join the dinners/bar crawls. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this hostel!

Great place to stay !!! Good backpack and young atmosphere, easy to meet travellers in the big common area

• 23rd Aug 2015

Cool hostel! Didn't spend much time in it but it seemed great!

Hostel was easy to find and the staff were very nice.

Stayed in private room. Couldn't participate in many group activities b/c of time. Would not recommend this if staying in a private room. CONS: -Greeting by front desk woman was very poor. She gave us a bad impression of the whole place. Needs serious attitude check. -Safe in room was broken and we reported it and received no help -Room was SO HOT and we were looked at like idiots when asked to turn it down -Towels/sheets not cleaned or replaced even when left on floor PRO-close to metro

• 20th Aug 2015

Nice friendly staff who welcome me on arrival. Lovely room mates and great location. Sometimes room would get a smell of sewerage but very minor. Showers I found were pretty rubbish and they were the bush button timer ones. All in all it was a fantastic hostel I would recommend it and I would stay there again

Good - there was good kitchen facilties and they offered activities most nights! However, there was no bar in the hostel.

Really nice relaxed hostel with friendly and helpful staff. The private room was in an apartment above the hostel, with a terrace and air conditioning. Excellent wee spot, will be back when next in Barca.

loved the Mediterranean Youth Hostel! Clean, great location and the group dinners were bomb (the best paella with chicken, white sausage, and rabbit). The staff was the best part of my stay! Everyone was extremely friendly, approachable and they know how to have fun. Would definetly stay again.

• 16th Aug 2015

i had a great time at this hostel. The staff was great- special thanks to Rosita, who was very friendly and helpful:)

• 14th Aug 2015

Had an amazing time staying here! the staff were super friendly and always helpful and even though we arrived to early to check in we were able to leave our bags which was really helpful.Food was amazing for €6, the atmosphere was great, met loads of amazing people even though i stayed in a private room. Only small downside is that when you go on the pub crawl (which was great) they don't really make it clear how to get back to the hostel so lots of us ended up having to take taxi's back.Pricey

• 14th Aug 2015

Very helpful staff. Clean throughout. Looked like a good activities programme had i been staying longer. Good location allowing walking to main attractions. Room was quite dark.

Definitely a social hostel, great staff and location. They make great mes at night for 6 euro, the paella was amazing! I would recommend it but not it you want something quiet

Hostel is ok. But there is a weird smell on humidity or mold in our room. I think it might be coming from the airconditioner.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7