Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

Excellent hostel. Perfect location, very nice staff and very clean. I spent only one night but it was amazing! A girl cooked paella for everyone and we went out together all night long. Music in showers ;)

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Ecuador

My stay at this hostel was disappointing. When we arrived in our room it smelt musty and had hair all over the bathroom. I'm not sure how the dorm rooms were, we were in a private room. Perhaps they are nicer. The staff were helpful and were willing to make up for the mistake, but entirely unwilling to refund us or compensate in any way for the lack of cleanliness.

• 9th Aug 2014

It was very nice that we could store our luggage for free after the check-out for a couple of hours in the storage room in the hostel.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Great place the staff are very friendly they really make the place one of the best hostels ive ever stayed in. The cook a meal everynight of the week which is a great way to bring people together and it usually end with drinks with the new friends you´ve made

• 5th Aug 2014

I definitely recommend it but my room did not have air condition and Barcelona weather in the summer can get pretty nasty hot and humid. Watch out for the sunstroke as the temperatures can be on an average of 30 degrees celsius (86 farenheit) so I had only a fan. Everything else is just fine and the hostel is located very centrically to the most important buildings. You are like 10 min walk to the famous Sagrada Familia Church and like 20 mins walk to the Ramblas and the metro is at.the corner.

They said there was A/C in the ad, but there wasn't at all. Otherwise nice hostel.

• 1st Aug 2014

Hey Steven! You made the booking for a double room shared bathroom with fan, not A/C. Please, check your booking! ;)

Loved to stay these days at this hostel, specially thanks to the amazing entertainer Adriana, she's amazing! Love you Adri!!!!❤️

• 29th Jul 2014

Amazing guys!! Thank you to all staff!! I will recomend to everyone :)

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

One of the best hostels ever, it is 2 minutes by walk from the metro, the staff are very nice and the hostel has everything you will need.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

• 26th Jul 2014

by sor far the best hostel i've ever been in my trip in europe. Clean, good kitchen, nice atmosphere, safe, well located... host are really nice. not breakfast included, but you have a complete kitchen and a supermarket right in front. The metro is like 5 steps by walk. perfect place to stay in barcelona!!

I had such a good experience at this hostel, especially being that I was traveling alone. The hostel has a huge sense of community, and I always found someone to explore the city with. The 5€ dinners and the 10-12€ pub crawls are awesome, especially due to one of the staff members, Adriana, who is a wonderful host and makes sure to show everyone a great time! This was the second time I stayed here and I would definitely stay again!

• 24th Jul 2014

We only stayed here one day, but the hostel itself was great. Didn't get a feel of the atmosphere since we were in a private and came home late, but I'm going to assume it's good. Good location, clean, good security.

Helpful & fun staff, nice clean rooms that were cleaned every single day (mopped floors, made beds, bathrooms, etc), location is exceptional. Would definitely stay here again.

• 20th Jul 2014

Friendly staff and helpful. Nice vibe in the hostel, daily walking tour, dinner for 5 Euros, and pub crawl every night for 10. We stayed in a private room- good and spacious with fan. Big shower but small toilet space. Private rooms are located in same building so you get the same atmosphere, common area, kitchen etc. Wifi cuts out and takes awhile to reconnect. Close to metro- so very easy to get around, however main street is in walking distance.

Awesome place to stay!! Thank you to all staff, very helpful and fun. Free Walking Tour every morning, dinners and pub crawling every evening. I will come back again ;)

• 20th Jul 2014

Had a great time easy to meet people and good location. Would recommend.

Very pleased with this hostel, I'll definitely come back.

Walls are paper thin, very noisy place

• 16th Jul 2014

Loved it. Plenty of storage space in lockers, very cheap, met lots of fun people. Dinner was great too.

• 15th Jul 2014