Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

I really enjoyed this hostel! I only stayed for it for one night and I regret that I stayed in another hostel in Barcelona before going to Mediterranean. The atmosphere is really cozy, the staffs are nice and everything is clean, especially the bathroom! Very cheap compared to the others but everything is great.

One of the best decisions during my vacations was to stay at this hotel. It's close to everything, rooms are clean and bright, staff is very helpful. We had double private room and it was like a small private flat in the center of Barcelona. Perfect option to stay in Barca, I will definitely come back here.

Nice hostel, kind staff, good location, hot wayer and wi fi!

It's a good place to stay, close to the attractions by foot, few blocks away, or the metro station. Nice kitchen where you can cook or prepare some food. Only negative thing is that on the 1st floor boys shower did not have hot water for all 3 days and the staff was aware, maybe no solution as yet. Nice place to crash in.

I really like the hostel and I think that everything its good. But I can´t say that me and my group didn´t like two things. First the cards everyday stop working and in morning a girl that enter everyday in room without knocking. Thanks for everything

• 5th Feb 2014
  • Portugal

Really nice hostel, strong wifi and specious rooms. In a great area for well priced restaurants, walking distance to passieg de Gracia and sagrada familia.

The receptionist is very helpful especially Martin who is very friendly and is always ready to help you regarding any matters regarding Barcelona. The room is nice and clean. The kitchen is very spacious. There are lots of facilities in this hostel that will not let your stay to be boring. It is also easy to go to the airport from this hostel, especially at night. I highly recommend this hostel.

Nice hostel, enjoyed it. Recommend it to any one.

The staff is really nice and good. They provide us many suggestions for traval. It is a really good hostel and i will stay there again next time. The free wifi is good even we were living on 6th floor.

Fine hostel especially if you want a private room - would come here again if I am in Barcelona

I joined the sushi preparation one night. This hostel has a really good value, activities anytime, clean a really well located close to main atractions. See you soon

• 19th Jan 2014

Very nice hostel. Good kitchen, good bathrooms and very good location.

The hostel is very good, it's in a great area, near to the metro and train station, supermarket and the touristic places. Two things, I miss a light on the bed sonwe don't need to turn on the lights and awake other people. I didn't do that but anyway it's a good idea. that shower make no sense. In the end I was used to it. So if you go have a shower you have to know that you'll have to press to the water come out every ten seconds. Internet are where we can print documents is very helpful.

I am actually still here, extended my stay. The only less good thing is the 25min walk to the beach. But the beds are comfy, the showers are warm, the staff is nice, you can watch movies, free walking tour, they will help you with anything. Really nice.

Lovely hostel; free wifi, walking tour and 24-hour reception and kitchen access. Nice, friendly, helpful staff who could recommend us good restaurants and give us tips on buying tickets for the main attractions. Good location; within walking distance to the main tourist attractions but also with a metro station around the corner. The best thing was that they let us chill out at the hostel until 2 a.m. after we had already checked out while we were waiting for the bus to the airport!

• 9th Jan 2014

Wish I could stay longer Missing you all So sad to leave

Very good advices for the visite of the town, smile and availableness of the staff : muchas gracias ! :)

• 27th Dec 2013

Great Hostel, great price for being so close to the center and heart of Barcelona. I'd definitely recommend it, but it wasn't a super great place to meet other travelers traveling alone.

Every thing is fine on this hostel, but the bed. I accommodate in one of private double rooms with private bath. The madras was old and horrible. But the room was excellent . And travelers normally need a good bed to rest. Love.

We stayed the first nights in a double room. The room itself was nice but very cold and humid, so humid the curtains felt wet. We turned the heating on and it warmed up the room but didn't take the humidity away, it was very drafty and cold still. Everything smelled like molded. For the last night we changed to a dorm, that one was nice and warm but I woke up with some itching spots on my neck the next morning - bedbugs? Would not recommend this place, even if the staff and location is nice!