Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

This hostel was one of the best hostel that I have visited before Althought they do not offer breakfast there is clean and tidy kitchen facilities and group dinner (you can register for dinner so that you can have traditional Spanish food with other hostel customers) Wifi works well in the room

Julia, Kike, and the rest of the staff were awesome!!!!!!! Loved the dinners and all the information provided. Truly a great vibe and all the amenities were wonderful.

• 30th Mar 2015

Dinner was delicious!

We liked the hostel. It had all we needed. The only thing that bothered us was the cleanliness. Toilet and floor in our ensuite was not cleaned a single time during our stay. We found stains on bed sheets and they were not replaced. There is one more thing we'd like to say: We loved the idea of having a dinner in the hostel, but it was more like a snack (I was still hungry after it and had to get more to eat afterwards...). Dinnertime should start earliere than 21.15h!

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Austria

Hey, We are so sorry, but as we told you cleanning time is from 11:00 to 13:00 in the floor you stayed. If you sleep until late all the three nights we are not a 5 stars hotel with cleanning service in the afternoon. We clean all the rooms everyday, but we informed in the check in the cleanning times. About the dinner, the price is 5 €, and only includes one food ration (big). We have not ever had a complaint about this. The dinner time in Spain is from 21:00 to 23:00 . Thank you !

Loved it. Plenty of storage space in lockera, very cheap, met lots of fun people. Super staff. Dinner was great too

• 29th Mar 2015

Safe location by Gracia district, where lots of nice boutiques, cafes and bars exist. Best facilities I have seen in a hostel: PS3, kitchen and communal dinners, computers, couches and separate bathrooms for men and women. Lights and outlets by each bed. Free lockers with deposit and free luggage storage. There's no front door lock so anyone can walk into the communal areas of the hostel.

Atmosphere was really great. One night we decided to try the food that the hostel offers. They have a really talented chef, and we had an amazing meal for 5 euro.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the facilities were good, and the location was relatively central. Definitely worth the price!

• 20th Mar 2015

I've just stayed for one night, but it seems to me a good hostel. Close to the Metro.

My stay here was quick, but I really have no complaints about the hostel. It was not the nicest hostel I had been to, but the staff was very personable and eager to help. I left an item behind in the room and they sent me an email immediately after and asked if i would like them to ship it to me.

Amazing staff and facilities

Great friendly and helpful staff. There is an awesome positive communal atmosphere here with group dinners and activities. I highly recommend staying here if you are looking for friendly faces and good times. Unfortunately we stayed only for one night. I wish we could have stayed longer. My only gripe was that the walls were too thin and our neighbours too loud so we didn't sleep until past midnight. I highly recommend this place to backpackers.

We've had a great time at the hostel! Great staff, clean rooms and the best dinners i've had there so far for only €5,-. Couldn't get any better than that. You'll definitely see mee again.

• 14th Mar 2015

When you enter the room the first time it smells a little so try to let more fresh air in more frequently

• 9th Mar 2015

Awesome stay at Mediterranean! Staff is off the wall helpful and kind.

Just go... Just do it! You may doubt my hundred rating, but this is the first, and only, 100 rating that is completely true. The people are amazing. I decided to bail on my other hostel so I could stay here again. They feed you, entertain you, house you, and would probably clothe you. When I arrived they said "more members to the family. " it only took me one day to realize what they meant. So just go, you won't regret it. If you don't like it I will reimburse you

This hostel was great for the 35 euro I paid for it for the weekend. The staff were extremely friendly and the atmosphere was very pleasant. I wish that they had an elevator to get up to the third floor but other than that the all girls 6 person dorm was clean and very comfortable. Only downside is that the toilets were pretty dirty and didn't seem to be cleaned regularly. It was nice that our rooms were straightened up each day also. Would definitely recommend this place! Great atmosphere

Amazing hostel and very warm culture and people. Their free walking tours are really nice. The guide was brilliant and very informative. Also dinners and food arrangements at the place are good. Don't forget to take your city visiting rips from the hostel guys. They are the best people to explain and guide you to which tours to take and what to avoid. The private rooms are small but cozy. Wifi is spotty but works fine for large period of time. Bathrooms are really clean and well maintained. Good

• 4th Mar 2015
  • India

Everything was professional and well done! Clean, organized, and very fun.

Lovely people, lovely place, great location, helped make our first nights in spain amazing, thanks!

• 3rd Mar 2015