Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Great Hostel, great price for being so close to the center and heart of Barcelona. I'd definitely recommend it, but it wasn't a super great place to meet other travelers traveling alone.

Every thing is fine on this hostel, but the bed. I accommodate in one of private double rooms with private bath. The madras was old and horrible. But the room was excellent . And travelers normally need a good bed to rest. Love.

We stayed the first nights in a double room. The room itself was nice but very cold and humid, so humid the curtains felt wet. We turned the heating on and it warmed up the room but didn't take the humidity away, it was very drafty and cold still. Everything smelled like molded. For the last night we changed to a dorm, that one was nice and warm but I woke up with some itching spots on my neck the next morning - bedbugs? Would not recommend this place, even if the staff and location is nice!

Close to Gaudi's works:Casa Mila, Sagrada Familia, Casa Batlló. Many Chinese restaurant located here.

A good, clean and budgeted accomodation. It was infact only two people in my six bed dorm. The beds, toilets and everything is really very clean. Takes around 15 min brisk walk from station, but OK. The staff really good. Go for it..

Amazing hostel see you soon!!!!!

• 12th Dec 2013

Amazing price for a double bed, en-suite, room in November! A bit cold at night, but they did provide a heater you could plug in to warm it up a little. Interestingly designed room and part of a little appartment, so a lot of privacy and a kitchen that only needed to be shared with 2 other rooms. Amazing location too!

The hostel was walking distance from the center and main tourist attractions, it was very easy to get to airport by bus in the middle of the night. Also the staff was very helpful with everything. The map that they gave me fell into pieces after using 2 min, I had to ask a new one but it wasn't any better. There were not many visitors, so I was enjoying the privacy.

Great location, CLEAN, good facilities wonderful staff. We were in a twin private shared bathroom and it was perfect. Both the room and the bathroom were cleaned every day. The kitchen has everything you need. Definitly coming back.

We only stayed one night but the hostel is amazing! It's soo cheap but with all free facilities like bed sheets, wifi, kitchen, 8 computers... and shampoo and gel is showers! We´ll definitely recomend it to everyone! Super Staff, thanx guys!!

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Argentina

A great budget hostel. We went as a pair and it was perfectly fine. Great location, near metro trips, walking distance from city centre, near bus station. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. The room and facilities could have been nicer buthey were more than acceptable for what we paid. Thoh near a busy road, it as quiet andwe we had a balcony. Couldn't recommend iit enough for the budget traveller/couple!

The staff were very informative, helpful and friendly. The internet worked well, and the film room was a bonus for lazy afternoons. The value for money was unparalleled and the overall experience, very good. I have since recommended this hostel to several friends.

• 8th Nov 2013

Great place, great Staff! Keep on going

• 7th Nov 2013

Amazing place, I'll be back soon

• 4th Nov 2013

Had a great stay here. So cheap ! Do the pub crawl so much fun, Vinni took us to some cool places. Stayed in dorms and a private both really good

Perfect value for money

I enjoyed by location and kindly persons that I have seen. I think this hostel has a excelent location in the Barcelona and also has a good supermarket in front of the hostel.

It was really nice, the service was very helpful. The rooms was clear. The only disadvantage was that there were no facilities in the kitchen on the 3rd floor, no hairdryer in the bathroom. Actually we had two rooms - the same floor, different "flats" - the other kitchen and bathroom were fully equiped. We took advantage of this and didn't go to complain. But You should really put facilities there...

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Poland

i spent a really good time at your hostel.. nice and gentle stuff, clean room, nice security,, but just one thing so bad internet connection from your laptop..

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Japan

Staff was not very knowledgeable! I asked for the name of a good bar and the girl said she didn't know. You don't know?! You live here!