Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

Absolutely incredible stay! This hostel made our trip to Barcelona perfect and unique! The family dinners were delightful I even got to learn how to make authentic Spanish dishes. The bar crawls were so special I felt safe the whole time. The staff truly made the place, John was able to truly give my friend and I a taste of the Barcelona spirit. This was by far the best hostel I have ever been to in Europe. I can't wait to go back!

• 22nd Jul 2015

Stayed in the private double room here. It had air con and looked like the bathroom was shared between two other private rooms. Allowed for a good sleep and is separate from the other parts of the hostel. As a result did not have much to do with actual hostel or people in there. Hostel looked to have a good vibe and people mixing otherwise for solo travelers. Metro is very easy to use anywhere so location is not a problem. No issues staying there, staff were helpful with questions.

We had a private room with shared and bathroom and it was fantastic, room was services daily, bathroom was very tidy and clean and we had access to a private kitchenette with microwave, toaster, kettle and fridge. The Staff were also extremely helpful and friendly.

GREAT atmosphere round the dinner table and the food is to die for! Brilliant value for money only downside is the washing facilities on the first floor.

The best hostel in Barcelona. I stay here every time I come to Barcelona

it was my first hostel during my trip i was satisfied with the hostel cause they gave me new bedsheets, pillow cover and the best thing for me was the key! it seemed like a watch and when i entered the room just touched it it was really convenient this hostel was clean, convenient, comfortable and staffs were kind as well but i have one complaint we arrived there at 40 past 12 but we could get into the room almost 3 o'clock

This is a fun hostel. Wonderful dinners every night! Location isn't bad at all, and it's right next to the metro. Awesome staff, great atmosphere, clean. AC was a bit weak, we were hot at night. Highly recommend!

Excellent hostel, clean, great value for money. We stayed in a private room which had its own little kitchen and shared bathroom and air conditioning. The staff were friendly and very helpful. They organize a dinner every night with traditional Spanish food which is a good way to meet others, they also organize pub crawls every night. The location is pretty good for walking to most places a bit far from the beach but other than that I would highly recommended this hostel.

• 15th Jul 2015

lovely room with nice little bathroom , great staff - only stayed one night but was perfect.

• 14th Jul 2015

Good hostel, very clean. Friendly and helpful staff. Was a bit out the way but easy enough to get to by metro.

Great place to meet other travelers

The staff were very friendly at all times. They show you on the map where everything is a recommend tourist attractions and also the transport. They have a really cool vibe with optional dinner cooked by a chef at a small cost of you don't want to eat. Was about a 15 minute walk from la rambla and around the corner from a train station. The rooms we basic but nice and clean with a service daily. Good hostel

• 12th Jul 2015

Had a fine experience at this hostel. I didn't spend much time in the hostel, mostly just came back to shower and sleep. Facilities were clean, beds were fine. Staff was friendly, location was alright. Wouldn't book again, but definitely wasn't a bad experience.

Good location and helpful staff! Worth the money.

We only stayed for a night, but it was excellent. Extremely clean bathrooms and rooms. They had dinners, bar crawls, walking tours, and good facilities including wifi, air conditioning, kitchen, etc. Would definitely stay again!

• 10th Jul 2015

Ecept for the poor maintainable, which was more than made up for by the hospitality of the staff, its an ideally located property. It comes with a chef who cooks dinner for you!

Air conditioner wasn't working in my private rooms. Requested it to be fixed 2 times and one member of the staff was rude and unhelpful. Third night a another guy was exceptionally attentive and refunded us for one night and changed our room. Atmosphere is nice and the dinners the staff cook are very good and cheap. Walkable distance from many main attractions, and a 1min walk for the metro. Except for the air conditioner (Barcelona in the summer :/ ) and that one member of staff I'd come back.

Hey, We are so sorry. The air conditioned in your room was fixed the next day you told us, but you wanted to change room and we did it and refound you that night. Sometimes these things happen, but our air conditioned system is one of the best. Sorry again if you could feel bad, but we make the best we can. Kind regards Manager

The hostel was extremely good and one of the best hostels we have stayed at. Good and always friendly service. A served meal at night if you like and wifi that actually works in the rooms as well (not very common). I would highly recommend this Meditearranian Hostel .. Mogens, Denmark

Good location, walking distance from paseo de gracia and plaza catalunya, metro station right around the corner. The staff was friendly and helpfull, didnt stay too long because it was fully-booked, great quality/price ratio.

I had the nicest stay at this hostel, we stayed in a double private and it felt like we had our own apartment. The staff were so nice, could not speak more highly of them. They have special dinner nights and give you the option to eat and go out with them. Less than a 1 min walk to the tram stop that takes you right into the heart of Barcelona and other areas it needed. Really easy train system to use. Supermarket in the same street. Thanks for my stay I would highly recommend staying here!