Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

The communal dinners were excellent - great everyone eating together. May not be the most flash place around but it had an excellent atmosphere around dinner time. It could be helped by more social events organised after dinner but I guess that's what the pub crawls are for. Mediterranean was out of the old town tourist town but it still felt very bustling and alive in a more local sort of way.

• 19th May 2015

Place is a short walk from Passeig de Gracia. Also a two minute walk from a metro station. Very central to all neighborhoods. Market right across the street as well. Most of the staff is very helpful. Really easy to meet people with dinner and drinks every night. Rooms were a little stuffy, but with the location and people there it was easy to not mind! Gracias para mi tiempo en Barcelona!

Good atmosphere at the Hostel, supernice people there and the service team is very polite and always in a good mood ;-)

• 18th May 2015
  • Austria

We had a lovely stay at this INCREDIBLY clean hostel. The beds were made everyday! The staff were very helpful and lots of fun. The facilities (kitchen and lounge) are very convenient for making meals when you don't wanna go out. There is a rad vibe around the communal table.

First time ever staying at a hostel and the place was chill, clean, and super friendly. We were only there for about 8 hours before we had to fly out to our next destination but if you are in the mood to meet some nice people, welcoming cool staff, get a pub crawl in, then check this place out it won't disappoint. Bathrooms are decent with all the essentials, the rooms have large lockers (1euro, u get it bk) and they provide you with clean sheets. Wifi kind of sucked but I was able to log in.

• 17th May 2015

Good location, nice rooms. Good place to meet people. Wifi didn't work in our room however, but I think it was just the location of our room. Recommended.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The place was clean, there was a full kitchen and utensils available for use, and it was very close to a metro stop, which was very useful. Even though we weren't there long and had our own agenda, there were multiple options for socializing and partying, which would have been great to take advantage of. We also really appreciated the free printing!

Great facility, they offered dinners in the evening for 5 euros. It's like a big family dinner! they had a kitchen and fridge you could store your stuff in. And full size lockers in the room for your belongings. Best hostel I've been in.

• 11th May 2015

From the moment we stepped in with our heavy bags and worn out travelled feet we felt at home. It was honestly such a warm and exciting environment to walk into. It was our first Hostel experience and will most def not be our last. Thank you for the wonderful addition to our trip! The meals were so amazing and the staff just awesome! Whenever we are in Barcelona again, we will see you again and our friends will here about you for sure!!! Thank you:)

• 11th May 2015
  • South Africa

Loved my stay at this hostel! The staff was so helpful, the meals you could purchase for dinner were fantastic, rooms were nice and clean, and the location was safe.

Loved staying here! Met so many cool people from all over the world, and everything was so clean!

Hostel rooms are a hit or miss, I lucked out because I had a room with a sweet balcony. Room got really stuffy at night, so we left the window door wide open. My buddies had no real ventilation at all, and being in their room was just uncomfortable.

This is an awesome Hostel! The rooms are very big and spacious. The wifi works great! The bathrooms were a little dirty. But all the events they offer like clubbing and free walking tours are awesome! i had dinner at the hostel one night, the offer 5 euro dinners every night, and it was delicious!!!

Every single person in this place is just great! The staff have been absolutely friendly, helpful, enchanting and funny! I felt really welcome and so comfortable with anybody! I had so many questions but the gys from the reception have been veeery patient and helpful! Besides you can eat every evening just for 5 Euro and the cook is a master of the spanish kitchen ! I loved to stay in this hostel and hope to be back soon! Muchas gracias a todos personas y hasta luego;-)!!!

• 4th May 2015

Constanza atthe frontdrak was very helpful and accomodating. Daily dinners are aan excellent idea and a good deal.

• 4th May 2015

I legitimately had some of the greatest days of my entire life during my stay here. All of the staff are very accommodating and the value for your money is unmatched. The traditional cooking followed by the pub/club crawl each night was always eel organized and there wasn't a moment where I wasn't having fun (which says a lot because I had my new iPhone 6 stolen at the club one night and I couldn't care less haha).

• 3rd May 2015

We really enjoyed our stay here. Great people, perfectly set up and nice to have the €5 dinners! Just a few more little touches would have been nice- e.g hand towel and bath mat in the bathroom, mirror in the bedroom, a place to hang your towels in the bathroom. We really enjoyed the walking tour that left from the hostel as well as all the suggestions the staff made to show us where to go and what to do.

Was amazing and so were the people!

• 1st May 2015

Perfect in every way. This is a fabulous place to stay. The staff is the best part of it all. They are all so nice, helpful and welcoming. John was awesome, a wealth of information, great guy!! Dont miss the dinners with Kike, they are so delicious. He is an artist when it come to cooking. Definitely a master chef. I would recommend not eating on Kike's 2 nights off, when Luigi fills in. Rooms are nice and clean. Great location. We love love love this hostel.

Mediterranean was very enjoyable to stay at. The staff were friendly, the rate was right, and the amenities were useful. The location is a short metro ride away from the busier parts of the city, which wasn't ideal for my stay, but I could appreciate the quiet of coming back. My only, large, complaint, was the lack of air conditioning in our room of eight people. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Mediterranean Youth Hostel.

• 30th Apr 2015