Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

Best hostel experience I ever had so far!

• 11th Dec 2015

Perfekt hostel for meeting nice people...directly in the center so you can walk to Ramblas and Sagrada Familia....The cleanliness in the kitchen could be improved as everything smells a bit fishy

Good hostel but too much noise from the Windows and the stairs and its silly to have to make your bed with the sheets just because the hostel wants to save money.

Hey Dimitris, We give the bed sheets for free and our cleanning ladies make the bed everyday. Yes, you have to make the bed when you arrive, but I think is a normal rule in almost all hostels in Barcelona. Kind regards Oscar Pereira

I had a delicious paella for only 6 euro! The staff here are fantastic, knowledgable, and very nice!

• 4th Dec 2015

good ambiance, good dinner also, good location near to sagrada familia walking like 20 mins and 15 mins from downtown and most visited places.

The staff at this hotel are very friendly and the facilities are very modern/clean. It's conveniently located 15 minutes (within walking distance) to major shopping and the Gothic center. It's a 25-30 minutes walk to the beach and other Barcelona attractions. The hostel offers a 10:30am FREE walking tour that gives you a great overview of the city, and there's also a dinner and pub crawl that are quite inexpensive. I would definitely stay here again.

• 4th Dec 2015

Great hostel. Close walk to the centre of town and train station. We had a private room with shared bathroom. It was perfect for us. Room and facilities were very clean (beds made daily) We had our own safe in the room and felt our bags and valuables were all very safe and secure. We met some great people here. Not a hostel to party in but they do have a pub crawl every night for those who want to drink. Free walking tour daily also which I would highly recommend.

• 28th Nov 2015

Had a whale of a time in Barcelona and in this hostel. Really good atmosphere. Rooms were great, was a very social layout, and value for money. Thanks!

One of the best hostels I ever stayed. Location is great

Absolutely fantastic, would love to come back. Great atmosphere, and lovely staff. Great food for 6 euro every evening if you want it.

• 22nd Nov 2015

Great hostel for meeting people and great staff, not so close to the beach or old town , but not so far either ...

I never write reviews, but this was an incredible place. My friend and I came and stayed in a single for €24 each, and our room was nicer than a lot of 3 star hotels. It was clean, had a really nice private bathroom. Incredible facilities. Also, the staff were AWESOME. So helpful, gave us so much information about Barcelona and were so incredibly friendly. They have a safe place to put luggage. Best hostel I have ever stayed in hands down

• 21st Nov 2015

Always alive - what a fun place to be! :)

• 19th Nov 2015
  • India

Love everything about this hostel. My boyfriend and I stayed in a twin room which was nice. The location is great...we walked everywhere!! The staff were amazing and we met lots of great people! Thanks for a great stay ✔️

• 19th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

I had a great time in this hostel. Every day there's the possibility to book for the dinner and eat typical catalan/spanish food. This is something I've seen rarely in my experience. It's also very good for socializing. The position is very good, close enough to the old city and to metro stops. It was definitely a good surprise. I also liked my room very much, it's not easy to find one so intimate in a hostel (I was with my girlfriend).

Staff is brilliant, atmosphere amazing!!! In that way far THE BEST hostel I've ever been to. Couldn't get much sleep though, because of Very thin Windows to the Main Street... Take your earplugs! Apart from that great! :)

AMAZING experience, probably the best I have ever had. If you're looking at hostels in Barcelona, this one is definitely the best available!

sheets didn't get changed in my private room, just remade.

Located just a short walk from Plaça de Catalunya, Gaudi's buildings and the gothic quarter, making this hostel situated in a great location. Power outlets at every bed, good wifi and communal dinners for 6€ every night made this hostel a wonderful place to stay!

The staff is amazing. Very friendly and helpful. There aren't very many barrooms which is a little inconvenient. Only two toilet stalls for girls on the floor. Frequently out of toilet paper.