Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

Great facilities kitchen, eating area and nice common room with PCs and a PS3. Always offers for walking tours and nights out, however a long walk to the beach, city center and sites due to the city's spread. Very clean and large lockers in room, shared showers are on timer but nice. Issue might be thin walls combined with little enforcing of the 11pm silence rule. No inclusive breakfast but supermarket right across road. Helpfull staff but gave wrong directions that cost us our train to Nice.

The staff were extremely helpful, they were knowledgeable and provided us with great tips.

• 10th Jun 2014

Really liked, the price was just fait taking into account the location, the facilities were really clean and updated,the staff was really nice too! Just a minor detail with the girls' shower curtains, they were a little bit unfunctional.

Really friendly staff, couldnt have helped us more. The building itself is a bit dated and some things didnt really work, our lamp etc but overall a good hostel, close to a metro stop and on the same line as the beach!

Very good. I like it very much.

Shower I'm private room does not drain so you are standing in your own shower water throughout even on low pressure. Bathroom door does not open once closed without extreme force. Extremely basic (more so then other hostels) after paying for a superior private room. The staff were very friendly however I would not stay here again considering it is not very central and there are so many other hostels in Barcelona to choose from.

• 8th Jun 2014

Very clean and staff are very friendly. I loved staying here! Good location for the price and not a far walk from the major sites of Barcelona!

• 7th Jun 2014

Had private room, quiet with a shared kitchen between another 2 rooms. Everything you needed. 15 mins walk to las Rambla and 20 mins walk to La Sagrada Familia.

We stayed in a private room and shared shower with 2 other rooms. Everything was kept very clean. Accomadations were basic. No A/C and the double bed was on the small side. Walls are thin and you can hear everything your neighbour is saying/doing but it wasn't an issue. Right by the metro station which was very convenient. Close to most attractions, you could walk but we used metro mostly. Staff was helpful with directions etc.. Overall, a good value for the money. I would stay there again.

I am shocked that this hostel is so well rated. I did not find the staff friendly, I did not think the location was so great. I thought the rooms were dark. Also the level of noise is frankly out of control.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Hey Gail, We are so sorry if you felt that bad. Maybe the problem was that you cancelled the last night and we could'nt refound you the money back because it was less than 24 hours before, but all hostels have the same cancellation policy. Our staff is extremely friendly with everyone! Thank you for your review ;)

The staff was really friendly and helpful, when I arrived the girl at the reception gave me all the info I needed and also some suggestions. The location is great because it's in the middle of all the important places to visit. The only thing I didn't like was the mattress, I think it's time to change them but a part from that, I'd recommend it.

Marco gets a bit annoying with his claims of food that will change your life, it won't but other than that the place is great.

Amazing hostel! Very close to the city center, Sagrada Familia, and main monuments. A guy cooks every evening for all of us a delicius paella and teach us how to cook it at home and after that we went out all together. Free walking tour every morning. All staff extremely helpful and friendly. I will come here again next year! thank you guys!! :D

• 1st Jun 2014

Awesome for young individuals and a great location with easy access to shopping, restaurants, train/bus station, and information about the city.

• 1st Jun 2014

very satisfied

This hostel was our favorite while in Barcelona and then Italy. One block from a Metro station so easily accessible from train station and airport. Kitchen areas and frig. on each floor. Small grocery store directly across the street along with a coffee and tea shop with breakfast. Easy walking distance to several Gaudi sites. Definitely would stay here again.

Very clean, lots of showers, heaps of common areas including projector screen, dvds, xbox, kitchen and multiple dining areas and cool staff!

The cooking lesson/supper every night for 5 euro was wonderful, definitely worth it! Kitchen was well stocked and the grocery store right across the street was very handy for food/booze. Not appreciated was being abandoned at the end of the pub crawl in the middle of Barcelona, put one hell of a sour note on the last night there. Still, great hostel would stay again.

I had a great stay at Mediterranean Youth Hostel! The location was perfect for getting around to see all the sights. Also close to the metro for getting to train station, which was great. Loved the cooking classes in the evenings, and had a great time going on the bar crawl. Would definitely recommend this place!

This place was clean, comfortable, and enjoyable. The location was great for sightseeing, and the staff was more than helpful.

• 25th May 2014