Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

Very clean, great area 90 m away from the metro, they offer a lot of activities in the hostel (cooking, partying,..), quiet and safe and the staff were really nice!! They always had a good idea what to see and where to go.

Everything was good! Especially staff :) I had a great time in this hostel

Perfect location, super staff! ;)

• 4th Sep 2014

We loved everything about our stay! Thanks for the great time!

• 2nd Sep 2014

Well the room is very, VERY small. It is clean and good equipped, but it is definitely too small for this price. I mean, when the suitcase is put into the room, the only free way is over the bed. The hostel is well situated although the Metro is also necessary to come to the city center/beach!

Everything was great, I really can't think of a single flaw. Nothing would've made my stay more lovely.

Very friendly staff who is knowledgable about the area. Great recommendation for food, places to visit, and things to do. Very clean. Will stay there again if I am in Barcelona.

I had a very pleasant stay in this hostel. The beds and the showers were nice and especially the staff was very very helpfull and kind when I had some moneyproblems. I would definitely recommend this place. The location seems to be perfect, although it's a pretty long walk to most of the highlights. Right around the corner there is a solution: the underground. Perfect for this price!

I was in a private room and it was very confortable =)

Had a great time here, all the staff were good, in particular Mario was excellent to me and the others. Regular cooking classes, walking tours and the guided nights were wicked too!

The room didn't really fit the description. The staff was ok, they helped out a lot, but they were high all the time. :) The facilities wasn't the best, but still ok.. A hostel that's ok for a night or two, but I think you could find a more pleasant hostel during your time in Barcelona.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Great hostel. Great staffs, nice atmosphere. Kitchen is good. Common room is relaxing. Great shower, they also provide shampoo, conditioner, soap, hairdryer. Supermarket is near. They cook paella for 5 euro, which is good. Very close to metro.

Very helpful reception the all the essentials you need from a good hostel: laundry service, wifi in rooms, good location, metro nearby, pub crawls and walking tours.

Good facilities though in the private room I was hoping for a simple shower gel available as I forgot mine. Also the walls are quite thin.

The girl on reception was a great help when checking in. She advised us on places to eat, all of which were really good places and reasonably priced. This is my first experience of staying in a hostel and I was pleasantly surprised.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Hello to all, my experience by Mediterranean Hostel was really good. The location was perfect for me. Only some blocks to sagrada familia, one block to the metro. This makes easy to visit different neighbourhoods of the city. In addition, the people is really friendly and helpfull, if you need tips. Likewise, there is the possibility to make activities with other guest. Also, I can only recommend you this hostel.

Loved my stay here. Beds were comfortable, kitchen facilities were great and the option to participate in the dinner was a plus. The staff were helpful,would recommend staying here!

I liked this hostel and I hope that next time I will have the opportunity to enjoy your hospitality again. Special thank for the guided tour!!!! It was GREAT!!! 5+ Yours, Judit from Hungary

Although this was the most basic and smallest place I've ever stayed at, for 8 euros a night I met friends for life and had an awesome time. If you don't mind sharing a bathroom with 16 people it's great. Not for the fussy type but worth a stay and a visit to the Indian resturant across the road. Loveliest people ever

• 16th Aug 2014

Staff very friendly and helpful, giving lots of info about where to go and what to see upon arrival. Lovely idea with staff members cooking traditional meals for guests of the hostel-great way to meet new people. Facilities/rooms are very basic but considering the price it is more than reasonable. 2 min walk to the metro where you can be in central Barcelona in 10 mins max.