Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

The pillows were old and smelly, the covers were fine though and almost covering the old smell of the pillow, room 203

The hostel was great and offered many great resources for backpackers. They had a wonderful dinner and offered to take people to this super fun salsa dancing bar. The hostels kitchen was very equipped and the rooms and showers were great. Overall well worth the money. The location is also prime and super easy to get around. The staff are always around and willing to help give directions.

Great staff and amazing walking tour! The room was gross though, mucus stained on the side of the top bunk, and super tiny room! I think it should be cheaper, but it's a great location with lovely staff!

Best ever hostel!! Such knowledgable and friendly staff. Choice to have €5 dinner and taken out somewhere different every night to party for just€13 rose made sure we all had a good night out ! Great hostel to meet like minded people and have fun. Only bad part was eating on the day the women cooked... Only eat when kike cooks! He's amazing :) :) also john on the front desk made sure he told us all we wanted about Barcelona and gave us a map with it drawn on !!

The communal dinners were excellent - great everyone eating together. May not be the most flash place around but it had an excellent atmosphere around dinner time. It could be helped by more social events organised after dinner but I guess that's what the pub crawls are for. Mediterranean was out of the old town tourist town but it still felt very bustling and alive in a more local sort of way.

• 19th May 2015

Place is a short walk from Passeig de Gracia. Also a two minute walk from a metro station. Very central to all neighborhoods. Market right across the street as well. Most of the staff is very helpful. Really easy to meet people with dinner and drinks every night. Rooms were a little stuffy, but with the location and people there it was easy to not mind! Gracias para mi tiempo en Barcelona!

Good atmosphere at the Hostel, supernice people there and the service team is very polite and always in a good mood ;-)

• 18th May 2015
  • Austria

We had a lovely stay at this INCREDIBLY clean hostel. The beds were made everyday! The staff were very helpful and lots of fun. The facilities (kitchen and lounge) are very convenient for making meals when you don't wanna go out. There is a rad vibe around the communal table.

First time ever staying at a hostel and the place was chill, clean, and super friendly. We were only there for about 8 hours before we had to fly out to our next destination but if you are in the mood to meet some nice people, welcoming cool staff, get a pub crawl in, then check this place out it won't disappoint. Bathrooms are decent with all the essentials, the rooms have large lockers (1euro, u get it bk) and they provide you with clean sheets. Wifi kind of sucked but I was able to log in.

• 17th May 2015

Good location, nice rooms. Good place to meet people. Wifi didn't work in our room however, but I think it was just the location of our room. Recommended.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The place was clean, there was a full kitchen and utensils available for use, and it was very close to a metro stop, which was very useful. Even though we weren't there long and had our own agenda, there were multiple options for socializing and partying, which would have been great to take advantage of. We also really appreciated the free printing!

Great facility, they offered dinners in the evening for 5 euros. It's like a big family dinner! they had a kitchen and fridge you could store your stuff in. And full size lockers in the room for your belongings. Best hostel I've been in.

• 11th May 2015

From the moment we stepped in with our heavy bags and worn out travelled feet we felt at home. It was honestly such a warm and exciting environment to walk into. It was our first Hostel experience and will most def not be our last. Thank you for the wonderful addition to our trip! The meals were so amazing and the staff just awesome! Whenever we are in Barcelona again, we will see you again and our friends will here about you for sure!!! Thank you:)

• 11th May 2015
  • South Africa

Loved my stay at this hostel! The staff was so helpful, the meals you could purchase for dinner were fantastic, rooms were nice and clean, and the location was safe.

Loved staying here! Met so many cool people from all over the world, and everything was so clean!

Hostel rooms are a hit or miss, I lucked out because I had a room with a sweet balcony. Room got really stuffy at night, so we left the window door wide open. My buddies had no real ventilation at all, and being in their room was just uncomfortable.

This is an awesome Hostel! The rooms are very big and spacious. The wifi works great! The bathrooms were a little dirty. But all the events they offer like clubbing and free walking tours are awesome! i had dinner at the hostel one night, the offer 5 euro dinners every night, and it was delicious!!!

Every single person in this place is just great! The staff have been absolutely friendly, helpful, enchanting and funny! I felt really welcome and so comfortable with anybody! I had so many questions but the gys from the reception have been veeery patient and helpful! Besides you can eat every evening just for 5 Euro and the cook is a master of the spanish kitchen ! I loved to stay in this hostel and hope to be back soon! Muchas gracias a todos personas y hasta luego;-)!!!

• 4th May 2015

Constanza atthe frontdrak was very helpful and accomodating. Daily dinners are aan excellent idea and a good deal.

• 4th May 2015

I legitimately had some of the greatest days of my entire life during my stay here. All of the staff are very accommodating and the value for your money is unmatched. The traditional cooking followed by the pub/club crawl each night was always eel organized and there wasn't a moment where I wasn't having fun (which says a lot because I had my new iPhone 6 stolen at the club one night and I couldn't care less haha).

• 3rd May 2015