Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

Hostel rooms are a hit or miss, I lucked out because I had a room with a sweet balcony. Room got really stuffy at night, so we left the window door wide open. My buddies had no real ventilation at all, and being in their room was just uncomfortable.

This is an awesome Hostel! The rooms are very big and spacious. The wifi works great! The bathrooms were a little dirty. But all the events they offer like clubbing and free walking tours are awesome! i had dinner at the hostel one night, the offer 5 euro dinners every night, and it was delicious!!!

Every single person in this place is just great! The staff have been absolutely friendly, helpful, enchanting and funny! I felt really welcome and so comfortable with anybody! I had so many questions but the gys from the reception have been veeery patient and helpful! Besides you can eat every evening just for 5 Euro and the cook is a master of the spanish kitchen ! I loved to stay in this hostel and hope to be back soon! Muchas gracias a todos personas y hasta luego;-)!!!

• 4th May 2015

Constanza atthe frontdrak was very helpful and accomodating. Daily dinners are aan excellent idea and a good deal.

• 4th May 2015

I legitimately had some of the greatest days of my entire life during my stay here. All of the staff are very accommodating and the value for your money is unmatched. The traditional cooking followed by the pub/club crawl each night was always eel organized and there wasn't a moment where I wasn't having fun (which says a lot because I had my new iPhone 6 stolen at the club one night and I couldn't care less haha).

• 3rd May 2015

We really enjoyed our stay here. Great people, perfectly set up and nice to have the €5 dinners! Just a few more little touches would have been nice- e.g hand towel and bath mat in the bathroom, mirror in the bedroom, a place to hang your towels in the bathroom. We really enjoyed the walking tour that left from the hostel as well as all the suggestions the staff made to show us where to go and what to do.

Was amazing and so were the people!

• 1st May 2015

Perfect in every way. This is a fabulous place to stay. The staff is the best part of it all. They are all so nice, helpful and welcoming. John was awesome, a wealth of information, great guy!! Dont miss the dinners with Kike, they are so delicious. He is an artist when it come to cooking. Definitely a master chef. I would recommend not eating on Kike's 2 nights off, when Luigi fills in. Rooms are nice and clean. Great location. We love love love this hostel.

Mediterranean was very enjoyable to stay at. The staff were friendly, the rate was right, and the amenities were useful. The location is a short metro ride away from the busier parts of the city, which wasn't ideal for my stay, but I could appreciate the quiet of coming back. My only, large, complaint, was the lack of air conditioning in our room of eight people. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Mediterranean Youth Hostel.

• 30th Apr 2015

Great staff! This place was awesome - 10 min walk from Placa Cataluyna, right next to 2 metro stops, super friendly staff, free lockers in the room, movies that you can rent out, computer room, €5 optional dinner and awesome vending machines for snacks, drinks and coffee. Easily one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Always there to help you and really friendly! Location is really good. Bathrooms are really clean as well as the other facilities and the bedrooms. Strongly recommended

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

This is an awesome hostel. There's a good atmosphere with group dinners and bar crawls every night. It's quite a party hostel on the weekend. I chose this hostel because the website said you could learn to make Spanish food with the chef of the group dinner however the chefs are not interested in having someone in the kitchen. But that was the only disappointment. João is so friendly and will give you so much useful advice.

There wasn't security to get through the door, but you had to have the bracelet to get into the rooms. Lockers were free and you just deposited the coin to get the locker to lock and took the key with you - very helpful when you forgot to bring your lock. Conveniently located within a 10 minute walk from the Arc de Triomf and Sagrada Familia. 5 minute walk from the metro stop. Staff was helpful. Bathroom could've been cleaner but wasn't gross. Wish they had breakfast, but would recommend.

Amazing atmosphere and wonderful chef x

• 24th Apr 2015

The staff was really friendly and helpful and it was located right near the Girona metro stop.

This place is a great location! Very central and easy to get around. I recommend going out with the hostel groups at night! Perwarning to those hangry folks, the food is awesome but they eat super late! Definitely worth it though especially for only €5. The staff is friendly and helpful and the place was generally pretty clean. Recommend!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Very friendly staff and great location. Rooms were especially tidy, well kept, and clean. Would recommend to anyone.

• 21st Apr 2015

It seems to me (and my cousin) that the staff were more interested in talking to each other than to the actual guests.

This hostel was really nice! The home cooked dinner was good, but very late! I wasn't expecting the cleaning lady to be as thorough as she was, so it was nice but when she made my bed she moved all the stuff away and that was nerve wracking when I first realized my stuff wasn't where I left it. All in all, not a bad place

The hostel was very well located. On the other side of the street there was a supermercado, so you did not had to walk far to get your cold beer :) to the sea it is about 30 minutes walk. The meracado and the Rambla could also be reached by feet. Also a big PLUS is the common room where you can chill, meet other people, have a drink with them or watch movies. All in All I only can suggest this hostel. Big Complement.

The staff were friendly and informative and everywhere was clean. The in house dinner for 5euro was amazing! The online photos don't do it justice!

• 12th Apr 2015