Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

Had a double room with ensuite so my girlfriend and I kept to ourselves. Staff were great and the hostel seemed fun and welcoming. Rooms were clean and location was good

Great place! The receptionists were amazing! the place is near everything.

Exelent place, the best staff

A friendly reception at the hostel. They gave good guidance to walk around the city. The free city tour was excellent...our guide Ian was too good. I would recommend anyone to stay at this hostel.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • India

The best place ever :)

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Had a lovely time. The staff was great and mario was so friendly. Definately recommend

• 26th Jan 2015

I went to the hostel with my dad (60+) and it was a really nice stay! The location is perfect, we could walk everything. We took only the metro to visit park Güell. The staff is friendly and even if you're not around much they help your with every question. The private room we had was a little noisy because it was at the front of the building (streetnoise of cars), but with earplugs we sleeped very well.

• 24th Jan 2015

The staff at this hostel are possibly the friendliest and most helpful we have dealt with in a long time! Access to a semi-private kitchen with fridge and microwave was unexpected and a very nice touch! The en-suite bathroom for the 6th floor red room had a leaky shower, and did not smell fresh - maybe this can be fixed next time you refurbish the bathrooms? Overall an excellent stay.

The best hostel , I have ever stayed.

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

Staff were lovely

One of the best hostels I have ever been to! The staff were extremely helpful and nice! They go out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcomed. The beds are so comfy and our room was super clean. Location is right in the center of Barcelona, just minutes walk from shops and restaurants. There is nothing bad I can think of to say about this place! Definitely one of the best experiences I have had in a hostel! Highly recommended!

Great staff members that helped you with every little thing you can think of! Had a great room (201) that had a balcony that overlooked the street outside. Highly recommended

Muchas gracias por todo,chicos! I write in English for other tourists.Staff is amazing!All people are totally friendly,very very nice,we had a great time with my boyfriend :) I miss you all!See you next time,for sure!

Great chef in this hostel. They serve meals for dinner and their food is great and cheap! :)

Nice hostel, close to a metro station, there are dinner and activies almost every day, nice place to meet people and predrinking before clubbing. The rooms are good and they have wifi

Stayed in a double bed private with shared bathroom, room was clean and neat and the bathroom was great. Room was in an apartment type set up and the walls were a little thin, meaning we could hear.. everything.. that was happening in another room on one night, but apart from that we had a great stay and will return next time!

Great stay in the 10 bed mixed dorm. Staff was very helpful when I arrived. Gourmet dinner for 5 euros and absolutely worth it, especially on the first night. A great way to bond with other travelers. Kitchen is spacious and social. The security was a bit lax, no key to unlock the front door and not always a staff member at reception. (May have been stricter at night). Each room has key access and personal lockers. Clean showers with hot water. Towels are 2 euros to rent. Highly recommended!

Group dinners for 5€ every night (chef is good ;)), free billiard and relaxed atmosphere. Good location, right next to Passeig de Gracia. Some bars/restaturants around. Double privates are good enough (ones on the 3rd floor are better though :)).

Nice clean place. Helpful staff. 2 min walk to nearest metro and 10 min walk to main shopping areas and sights. Some good little mini supermarkets on the street. Not that easy to find., especially if you arrive in the dark as I did. The road the hostel is on is very long and the numbering system on buildings is not logical. Make sure you get directions before trying to find the place. Free walking tour is great, the guides live off the tips so do a good job. Expect 2 hours non stop walking.

• 4th Jan 2015

Rooms very hot-need better ventilation. Wifi in room not reliable. Very noisy even after 11pm. Had to reset armbands several turns to get them to work.

• 29th Dec 2014