Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

I had a very pleasant stay in this hostel. The beds and the showers were nice and especially the staff was very very helpfull and kind when I had some moneyproblems. I would definitely recommend this place. The location seems to be perfect, although it's a pretty long walk to most of the highlights. Right around the corner there is a solution: the underground. Perfect for this price!

I was in a private room and it was very confortable =)

Had a great time here, all the staff were good, in particular Mario was excellent to me and the others. Regular cooking classes, walking tours and the guided nights were wicked too!

The room didn't really fit the description. The staff was ok, they helped out a lot, but they were high all the time. :) The facilities wasn't the best, but still ok.. A hostel that's ok for a night or two, but I think you could find a more pleasant hostel during your time in Barcelona.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Great hostel. Great staffs, nice atmosphere. Kitchen is good. Common room is relaxing. Great shower, they also provide shampoo, conditioner, soap, hairdryer. Supermarket is near. They cook paella for 5 euro, which is good. Very close to metro.

Very helpful reception the all the essentials you need from a good hostel: laundry service, wifi in rooms, good location, metro nearby, pub crawls and walking tours.

Good facilities though in the private room I was hoping for a simple shower gel available as I forgot mine. Also the walls are quite thin.

The girl on reception was a great help when checking in. She advised us on places to eat, all of which were really good places and reasonably priced. This is my first experience of staying in a hostel and I was pleasantly surprised.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Hello to all, my experience by Mediterranean Hostel was really good. The location was perfect for me. Only some blocks to sagrada familia, one block to the metro. This makes easy to visit different neighbourhoods of the city. In addition, the people is really friendly and helpfull, if you need tips. Likewise, there is the possibility to make activities with other guest. Also, I can only recommend you this hostel.

Loved my stay here. Beds were comfortable, kitchen facilities were great and the option to participate in the dinner was a plus. The staff were helpful,would recommend staying here!

I liked this hostel and I hope that next time I will have the opportunity to enjoy your hospitality again. Special thank for the guided tour!!!! It was GREAT!!! 5+ Yours, Judit from Hungary

Although this was the most basic and smallest place I've ever stayed at, for 8 euros a night I met friends for life and had an awesome time. If you don't mind sharing a bathroom with 16 people it's great. Not for the fussy type but worth a stay and a visit to the Indian resturant across the road. Loveliest people ever

• 16th Aug 2014

Staff very friendly and helpful, giving lots of info about where to go and what to see upon arrival. Lovely idea with staff members cooking traditional meals for guests of the hostel-great way to meet new people. Facilities/rooms are very basic but considering the price it is more than reasonable. 2 min walk to the metro where you can be in central Barcelona in 10 mins max.

This hostel was s,ashing to be honest: We had previously stayed at another hostel in bacra which was poor so arriving at meditteranean was a nice surprise: Pretty far from the beach but only a ten minute walk or so fro, the main attractions; Sagrada Familia, Ramblas, Gothic. The staff were awesome and helped us locate places. they had a cool map on the wall of the local area and of good markets etc to visit (and a map of the nearest at,s...lifesavers!) They arrranged food every night for 5 euro

The hostel is in a really good area, close to a metro stop and 10-15 minutes walk from Passeig de Gracia, Las Ramblas and the old town. There's also a supermarket really near. The staff was super friendly. Had a great stay!

The Mediterranean is the best hostel of our trip so far. It's clean, fun and has all the facilities you need. A couple of small issues like broken shower heads but it really didn't matter. Each night you all cook Spanish dinners together and then go bar hopping or to clubs, it's awesome fun. Adriana and Mario are two of the best people you'll meet and made our stay in Barcelona a pleasure.

Excellent hostel. Perfect location, very nice staff and very clean. I spent only one night but it was amazing! A girl cooked paella for everyone and we went out together all night long. Music in showers ;)

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Ecuador

My stay at this hostel was disappointing. When we arrived in our room it smelt musty and had hair all over the bathroom. I'm not sure how the dorm rooms were, we were in a private room. Perhaps they are nicer. The staff were helpful and were willing to make up for the mistake, but entirely unwilling to refund us or compensate in any way for the lack of cleanliness.

• 9th Aug 2014

Great hostel, really good location, friendly helpful staff. Excellent wifi throughout, only had one night but would definitely have stayed longer. Really nice vibe, easy to meet people and find friends to share your trip with. I would stay here again in Barcelona. No complaints.

It was very nice that we could store our luggage for free after the check-out for a couple of hours in the storage room in the hostel.

• 8th Aug 2014