Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

I only wish their kitchen was better, specifically their equipment available. They had lots of fridge space, two small ranges, silverware and more, but basically only one pot to cook in! The showers are nice and big and they have shampoo, conditioner and soap dispensers too. Only a few toilets per floor,but I never had to wait. It's not a huge hostel, but it is easy to meet people and they are friendly there. They cook traditional suppers that only cost 5 euro.

• 25th Jun 2014

Everything was fine! We were so comfy and the room was very nice. The staff was helpful and friendly.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Very cool place. Everyone was very nice and very helpful. Very clean. Had a great atmosphere. Definitely recommend this place!

We added a couple of nights to our stay. We asked for an air conditioned room, which was available. However, the staff neglected to tell us that the air conditioned room was deficient in many respects to the room we already occupied. In fact, they told us that it was exactly the same. The fact was that the room had much more traffic noise, virtually no hooks for clothes or towels, the toilet was cramped against the sink cabinet, no night stands, only one night light, noise from other rooms..

Great place! Easy location right next to the Metro. Overall very good place!

• 21st Jun 2014

All of the workers (except for one) were amazing! So kind and helpful. Compared to the other hostels I've stayed in I didn't feel there was much security. The guys in my room brought girls home (good for them) but I wasn't comfortable leaving my belongings where people not staying at the hostel could access it.

• 20th Jun 2014

I enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The location was good, near a metro station. People there were nice.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Mediterranean Youth Hostel was the in the perfect location. Convenjently located near a metro stop and jut a few streets over from the main roads, it was within walking or a short ride's distance to everything. The receptionists were very pleasant. However, there was construction going on during my stay that I was unaware of. Overall very good experience.

Very nice hostel, good location , very clean rooms. I recommend it to everyone.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Bulgaria

First night we got there they gave my friend someone else's bed which was very awkward when that person came home at 1am. They then stole someone else's bed which resulted in another wake up at 3am. Whilst we were there the atmosphere of the place was really awkward and we were pressured into eating their €5 bowl of rice without even knowing you had to pay until afterwards. Other than that the hostel is in a great location with cheap cafés for breakfast as well.

My stay was absolutely amazing because of the staff. I came with two of my buddies and couldn't have had a better time. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by dinner and the staff took us out to the best clubs in Barcelona. Guillermo and Marco especially made the trip memorable. This is a place that I would absolutely recommend to anyone that plans on making the trip to Barcelona.

• 16th Jun 2014

Just an awesome place to stay..it was great since i first came in..feel safe inside the hostal..good atmosphere..easy-going staff..there are a lot of different common areas so you share with people and feel just like home..they have free football game..movie projector..video games..wifi..painting art every where..i ll come back soon..

• 16th Jun 2014

the description of hostel is very accurate. the hostel was very easy to find. i must say that my enchantment start right at the reception where girl from the staff was very polite, very helpful and have give lot of answers and information's that has make stay in the Barcelona amazing. i must say that of all hostels that i have stay for now these one is the best and i would fully recommended it to all the people. i was in a double bed dorm so i can't tell anything about bigger dorms.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Croatia

Great facilities kitchen, eating area and nice common room with PCs and a PS3. Always offers for walking tours and nights out, however a long walk to the beach, city center and sites due to the city's spread. Very clean and large lockers in room, shared showers are on timer but nice. Issue might be thin walls combined with little enforcing of the 11pm silence rule. No inclusive breakfast but supermarket right across road. Helpfull staff but gave wrong directions that cost us our train to Nice.

The staff were extremely helpful, they were knowledgeable and provided us with great tips.

• 10th Jun 2014

Really liked, the price was just fait taking into account the location, the facilities were really clean and updated,the staff was really nice too! Just a minor detail with the girls' shower curtains, they were a little bit unfunctional.

Really friendly staff, couldnt have helped us more. The building itself is a bit dated and some things didnt really work, our lamp etc but overall a good hostel, close to a metro stop and on the same line as the beach!

Very good. I like it very much.

Shower I'm private room does not drain so you are standing in your own shower water throughout even on low pressure. Bathroom door does not open once closed without extreme force. Extremely basic (more so then other hostels) after paying for a superior private room. The staff were very friendly however I would not stay here again considering it is not very central and there are so many other hostels in Barcelona to choose from.

• 8th Jun 2014

Very clean and staff are very friendly. I loved staying here! Good location for the price and not a far walk from the major sites of Barcelona!

• 7th Jun 2014