Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

Great staff! This place was awesome - 10 min walk from Placa Cataluyna, right next to 2 metro stops, super friendly staff, free lockers in the room, movies that you can rent out, computer room, €5 optional dinner and awesome vending machines for snacks, drinks and coffee. Easily one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Always there to help you and really friendly! Location is really good. Bathrooms are really clean as well as the other facilities and the bedrooms. Strongly recommended

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

This is an awesome hostel. There's a good atmosphere with group dinners and bar crawls every night. It's quite a party hostel on the weekend. I chose this hostel because the website said you could learn to make Spanish food with the chef of the group dinner however the chefs are not interested in having someone in the kitchen. But that was the only disappointment. João is so friendly and will give you so much useful advice.

There wasn't security to get through the door, but you had to have the bracelet to get into the rooms. Lockers were free and you just deposited the coin to get the locker to lock and took the key with you - very helpful when you forgot to bring your lock. Conveniently located within a 10 minute walk from the Arc de Triomf and Sagrada Familia. 5 minute walk from the metro stop. Staff was helpful. Bathroom could've been cleaner but wasn't gross. Wish they had breakfast, but would recommend.

Amazing atmosphere and wonderful chef x

• 24th Apr 2015

The staff was really friendly and helpful and it was located right near the Girona metro stop.

This place is a great location! Very central and easy to get around. I recommend going out with the hostel groups at night! Perwarning to those hangry folks, the food is awesome but they eat super late! Definitely worth it though especially for only €5. The staff is friendly and helpful and the place was generally pretty clean. Recommend!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Very friendly staff and great location. Rooms were especially tidy, well kept, and clean. Would recommend to anyone.

• 21st Apr 2015

It seems to me (and my cousin) that the staff were more interested in talking to each other than to the actual guests.

This hostel was really nice! The home cooked dinner was good, but very late! I wasn't expecting the cleaning lady to be as thorough as she was, so it was nice but when she made my bed she moved all the stuff away and that was nerve wracking when I first realized my stuff wasn't where I left it. All in all, not a bad place

The hostel was very well located. On the other side of the street there was a supermercado, so you did not had to walk far to get your cold beer :) to the sea it is about 30 minutes walk. The meracado and the Rambla could also be reached by feet. Also a big PLUS is the common room where you can chill, meet other people, have a drink with them or watch movies. All in All I only can suggest this hostel. Big Complement.

The staff were friendly and informative and everywhere was clean. The in house dinner for 5euro was amazing! The online photos don't do it justice!

• 12th Apr 2015

The stuff was just awesome!! When we arrived we got all information which are neccesary for Barcelona and they were trying to fix our problems (if we had some) straight away. The key system was the best I've ever seen in a hostel so far - it's kind of a bracelet so you don't have to think about where to put your key and you won't loose it. The hostel has nice facilities to chill and the cleaning lady is doing an excellent job! Would go there again

If you are a younger traveller, this is the place to be. Lots going on, busy, loud. Not my preferred atmosphere but definitely a fine place to stay for a night or two.

Nice hostel. Good people, location, staff and rooms. :-)

The hostel was one of the reasons why my visit to Barcelona was so fun. I stayed for 3 days and actually moved to this hostel after a bad experience at an esteemed hotel. Am I glad that I did! The staff is wonderful and accommodating and are very knowledgeable about the city. I took tours and the staff actually taught me more than the guides! The hostel is close to the tube station so it's easy to get to. If you prefer to walk, it is prime location. Less than 10 min. walk to everything.

Great staff, tours, pub crawl, dinner, etc. no complaints! I would definitely return!

very friendly staff. Kitchen, rooms and toilets are very clean. excellent wifi and several pcs for browsing. Wish could have stayed further. nearby super shop and metro station within 5 minutes. Wish could have stayed further. Highly recommended.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Bangladesh

The hostel is absolutely amazing. The staff is friendly, helpful, and nice. The facilities are very good. Our room was extremely clean! And we literally enjoyed staying there and wish we could've stayed longer. So the hostel is recommended for you all out there.

Just had a lovely stay with my 16 year old son. The hostel is extremely friendly, clean and welcoming, and the staff were wonderful. I had my purse stolen on the train from the airport (Beware! Take the aerobus from the airport and take care in the tourist areas) and the staff couldn't have been more caring and helpful in my moment of need. Delicious food for five euros every night. Walking tour is a great introduction to the city. We had a cosy, clean room and hot showers. Fab!

• 7th Apr 2015

extremely friendly and helpful staff! were there to help us out through everything. Ans great atmosphere! cheap and amazing spanish food for dinner upon sign up! Loved it.