Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

I am shocked that this hostel is so well rated. I did not find the staff friendly, I did not think the location was so great. I thought the rooms were dark. Also the level of noise is frankly out of control.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Hey Gail, We are so sorry if you felt that bad. Maybe the problem was that you cancelled the last night and we could'nt refound you the money back because it was less than 24 hours before, but all hostels have the same cancellation policy. Our staff is extremely friendly with everyone! Thank you for your review ;)

The staff was really friendly and helpful, when I arrived the girl at the reception gave me all the info I needed and also some suggestions. The location is great because it's in the middle of all the important places to visit. The only thing I didn't like was the mattress, I think it's time to change them but a part from that, I'd recommend it.

Marco gets a bit annoying with his claims of food that will change your life, it won't but other than that the place is great.

Amazing hostel! Very close to the city center, Sagrada Familia, and main monuments. A guy cooks every evening for all of us a delicius paella and teach us how to cook it at home and after that we went out all together. Free walking tour every morning. All staff extremely helpful and friendly. I will come here again next year! thank you guys!! :D

• 1st Jun 2014

Awesome for young individuals and a great location with easy access to shopping, restaurants, train/bus station, and information about the city.

• 1st Jun 2014

very satisfied

This hostel was our favorite while in Barcelona and then Italy. One block from a Metro station so easily accessible from train station and airport. Kitchen areas and frig. on each floor. Small grocery store directly across the street along with a coffee and tea shop with breakfast. Easy walking distance to several Gaudi sites. Definitely would stay here again.

Very clean, lots of showers, heaps of common areas including projector screen, dvds, xbox, kitchen and multiple dining areas and cool staff!

The cooking lesson/supper every night for 5 euro was wonderful, definitely worth it! Kitchen was well stocked and the grocery store right across the street was very handy for food/booze. Not appreciated was being abandoned at the end of the pub crawl in the middle of Barcelona, put one hell of a sour note on the last night there. Still, great hostel would stay again.

I had a great stay at Mediterranean Youth Hostel! The location was perfect for getting around to see all the sights. Also close to the metro for getting to train station, which was great. Loved the cooking classes in the evenings, and had a great time going on the bar crawl. Would definitely recommend this place!

This place was clean, comfortable, and enjoyable. The location was great for sightseeing, and the staff was more than helpful.

• 25th May 2014

Shortly speaking, I will recommend this hostel to others. The location is great, it's very near to metro station and you can reach La Sagrada on foot. The room and bathroom is clean, they provide locker in room also. The wifi is working in all area including your room. Price is not too expensive and it is great value for money :-)

• 24th May 2014
  • Indonesia

Decent staff but unclean.. Cancelled my last night to move to another hostel closer to main streets.

Everything was good! Only complaint is that the doors and lockers were very noisy and (not hostel's fault but...) people coming and going at all hours of the night with no respect for those trying to sleep

Staff was extremely helpful. I will definitely staff at this hostel again on my next visit to Barcelona.

is really a good place and nearly at the metro and center of city!

• 19th May 2014
  • Peru

Everything was good! Only complaint is that the doors and lockers were very noisy and it was hard to get a good night's sleep

Really nice place! The hostel has a very good location, relatively close enough to get to La Sagrada Famila, La Rambla, Casa Batllo, La Pedrera and many other places by walk (about 20-30 minutes to each one). It's just a street behind Gran Via What else can I say? Excellent price-quality relation and quiet atmosphere. I would definetively recommend this place :)

Helpful staff, convenient for metro lines, good dinners. Overall a good experience.

This hostel was great. There is a nice kitchen where you can cook your meals or you can join in on people from the hostel who cook different dishes. The only downside were there were only two toilets (toilet paper ran out fast) but everything was always clean and they made your bed!! great place to stay :)