Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

Carlos and Juan are super fun and charismatic chefs who cooked delish food for us, gave us cooking lessons and also took us on clubbing and flamenco nights. Marty at reception is this lovely dude who is always helpful and awesome with local tips and directions. All beautiful people. Except for the skinny blonde at reception who frequently smokes at the entrance and thinks she is all that but anyway is probably a massive stoner.

The best hostel i've stayed in a long time! Perfect location and great facilities, guests are encouraged to get to know each other in every room, the kitchen is very organized and complete, the staff is very helpful - we had to make a change to our reservation and they answered the emails quickly and effectively. I deffinitely recommend this hostel and would stay there again if and when I go back to Barcelona!

The Pub Crawl is not worth the money

Arrived at 2am having got lost en route from Airport to Barcelona centre by bike. Hostel has staff at reception 24 hours per day so we were warmly greeted,bikes stored in safe location in the hostel and guided to our room. Room very small but adequate for tired bodies.Did have time to sample hostel atmosphere the following morning but the staff were very friendly and helpful in recommending local cafes etc

Everything was as expected: friendly employees, room was tidy, full internet-access for free, cheap dinner in a spanish-styleee for 4€, night programm if demanded etc I can only reccomend this hostel :)

• 6th May 2014
  • Austria

I spent only one night but my expericence has been amazing! A cooker comes every evening and for only 4€ I could learn how to cook Paella and have dinner together with everybody, and after that we went out in group with a very nice guide to some bars and a disco in front of the beach. Great place! Thank you to everyone!!

• 4th May 2014
  • Argentina

Staff was extremely helpful!

Very nice hostel... Very warm ppl at the reception! REcommend it.. And i will be there next time...

• 1st May 2014
  • Portugal

We' d a doubbleroom which was very good. It would be better if there had been another fridge, the one existing was too full. Cooking facilities could be updated! And to avoid fire the filter in kitchenairmachine must be changed! The two existing are full of fat from cooking

The staff was very friendly and everything was in good condition and order. There was nothing I could complain about, all basic facilities were available, excellent value for money.

All the people from staff are really nice and really want to help. The place is tidy and well decored. The hostel is very nice! Keep up the good work guys! Hugs

• 27th Apr 2014

A very good hostel. a great ratio price quality. I recommand it

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Morocco

The hostel is in a great location and the metro is just around the corner. The staff were friendly and were always willing to help. I had trouble with the key card and straight away they came to the rescue and helped. If you want to save money, there is a kitchen in the hostel and across the street is a supermarket. The dorms were big and there was lots of space.

Quite nice staff and good facilities. The location is very good and the only problem is a poor shower.

Great place to stay, great staff, great location,clean. My 1 complaint about this hostel is the shower turns off every 15 seconds and you have to press button again for water

• 23rd Apr 2014

Staff was very helpful and friendly. The only problem was shared bathrooms, we have stayed in a private room with shared bathroom but we had to wait for the queue for shower in the mornings.(4 rooms were sharing one toilet and one bathroom) Better take a private bathroom if you do not wanna wait or walk down for bathrooms in reception floor. Location is great since we had flights during the night from Girona airport, we did not need to take taxi for transportation to the bus station in BCN.

• 19th Apr 2014

Excellent location!!!

If you like quiet condition, it will be nice for you.

I really enjoyed my stay in Barcelona in this hostel. The hostel is clean and is near from principal attractions in Barcelona. The staff was very friendly and they are always helpful. I recommend you the private rooms and the walking tours.

It's located in a very good and convenient part of town, just a block away from the metro and less than a mile from Sagrada Familia and more. The staff was helpful and friendly enough, and immediately there was a hostel-affiliated worker offering me dinner and a night out at town. The beds work, the doors are secure, and you get free lockers (just deposit a coin to hold it). Never felt unsafe, no problems here!

• 15th Apr 2014