Mediterranean Youth Hostel Reviews

Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain

Very clean. The private rooms don't have air conditioning, which can be hot in the summer though. About 20 minutes walking from La Rambla, but good location near the metro.

• 2nd Jul 2014

This is one of the best hostels I stayed in during my entire month long Europe trip. The facilities and location are nice, but the best part of this hostel is the atmosphere. They have a pub crawl every night and such fun leaders. There were so many young people staying here who were all so friendly. This is the best hostel to stay in if you are looking to meet awesome people and go out to all the coolest pubs and clubs. I would definitely stay here again.

• 1st Jul 2014

This place was fricken sick!!... stay there.

• 30th Jun 2014

Nice hostel - location was nice and close to the Girona metro stop. Staff was helpful in recommending things around the city. Facilities were decent and rooms were pretty clean. People who stayed at the hostel were nice! The pub crawls that the hostel hosts are just ok though - I'd recommending giving those a pass

Very good hostel for socializing. Staff was kind and helped you in anyway they could even if your problems didn't relate to your stay at the hostel but for example free time activities. Very nice atmosphere. Common dining room and game rooms definitely a plus as well as organized pub crawls at nights etc.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Little hot in the rooms at night but apart from that this hostel is fine. Pub crawls run from here every night to different venues.

The location is quiet, but only a few blocks (around 3) away from anything and everything. I did the biking tour through the hostel and it was amazing! Hight recommend doing that :) I had a pleasant stay here.

Really good hostel. Good location, and the staff was always helpful.

It was a nice atmosphere and the room floor was cleaned daily. But: The furniture is very old! There was a mouldy smell in the double room. They urgently need to renew the Ikea side tables, the curtains and the wardrobe!

• 26th Jun 2014

Great to live here! Fun and safe!! Juz the location is a bit far from the main city.

The Hostel is in the perfect location and it is near a metro station. It is just a few streets over from the main roads. The receptionists (except for one lady) were very pleasant and helpful. The facilities are maintained in good conditions but they are not excellent.

I only wish their kitchen was better, specifically their equipment available. They had lots of fridge space, two small ranges, silverware and more, but basically only one pot to cook in! The showers are nice and big and they have shampoo, conditioner and soap dispensers too. Only a few toilets per floor,but I never had to wait. It's not a huge hostel, but it is easy to meet people and they are friendly there. They cook traditional suppers that only cost 5 euro.

• 25th Jun 2014

Everything was fine! We were so comfy and the room was very nice. The staff was helpful and friendly.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Spain

It was fantastic experience for me. It's close to the metro and the most important thing is staff. They were so helpful and we communicated very well.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Very cool place. Everyone was very nice and very helpful. Very clean. Had a great atmosphere. Definitely recommend this place!

We added a couple of nights to our stay. We asked for an air conditioned room, which was available. However, the staff neglected to tell us that the air conditioned room was deficient in many respects to the room we already occupied. In fact, they told us that it was exactly the same. The fact was that the room had much more traffic noise, virtually no hooks for clothes or towels, the toilet was cramped against the sink cabinet, no night stands, only one night light, noise from other rooms..

Great place! Easy location right next to the Metro. Overall very good place!

• 21st Jun 2014

All of the workers (except for one) were amazing! So kind and helpful. Compared to the other hostels I've stayed in I didn't feel there was much security. The guys in my room brought girls home (good for them) but I wasn't comfortable leaving my belongings where people not staying at the hostel could access it.

• 20th Jun 2014

I enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The location was good, near a metro station. People there were nice.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Mediterranean Youth Hostel was the in the perfect location. Convenjently located near a metro stop and jut a few streets over from the main roads, it was within walking or a short ride's distance to everything. The receptionists were very pleasant. However, there was construction going on during my stay that I was unaware of. Overall very good experience.