Montana Youth and Family Hostel Reviews

Johan Blyttsvei 30, Bergen, Norway

Love this hostel and definitely will be back

There's not much atmosphere here and it's difficult to meet people, but the staff were lovely!

Great location if you love to hike. It's only a 10/15 minute bus ride into the centre of Bergen, too. The staff were very helpful, although the WiFi could be a bit spotty if there's very many people staying in the hostel. No lockers in the room, and there were not enough for the amount of people staying (in the basement). Free bikes to borrow was a nice bonus! One of the best breakfasts I've had, also.

I love how helpful the staff was. Christine was the best and made my day. the breakfast was the best I ever had at a hostel and the living area was full of fun things to do. definitely need to take a bus to get to your destination but it's worth it.

I felt like I was on school camp with the amount of students hanging around, not cool.

a nice place, not so close from the center though

Reception very friendly and helpful. Kitchen at the time messy for some, but when we returned eight days later very clean and tidy. Superb location above city just 20 mins. from bus station where airport bus left us. Buses each 30 min Old city interesting: higgledy piggledy little cobbled streets and older houses people. In new town wide streets and large pond/lake.Little traffic. Everything everywhere clean and calm. Excellent buskers down at disliked touristy fishmarket, TIC v.good

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

If you've stayed in a HI hostel before you'll know what to expect. Big place with a good kitchen. Nice location by the mountain if you want to go hiking or take the cable car. Good breakfast. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm, which didn't have much room to put luggage. The bunk was rather uncomfortable - wood panels were digging into my ribs as the mattress was so thin/worn out. Also the duvet was too heavy for summer. But it was ok for one night.

This is a good hostel. It's a bit out of the way but that's my only major complaint. It seemed like there were not enough bathrooms for the many many rooms this hostel has, but I never waited for anything so I can't complain about that. Has lots of different people, young, old, families, which gives it a different atmosphere from most hostels I've stayed at. The breakfast in the morning is probably the best breakfast I've ever seen a hostel put out... And it's free. Also, the staff are amazing!

Having the breakfast and wifi included was awesome! Loved the hiking right outside and takin the bus was super easy

Extremely nice, kind and helpful staffs!! All staffs are awesome!! Nice rooms, cozy atmosphere and location!! I really like this hostel!! I really appreciate all staffs. Plus, I will definitely recommend this hostel to my best friends!!

We stayed in a really crowded dorm. There was no place to put our stuff when we got there. Still, somewhat cheap for norwegian standards.

This hostel was great. it is a bit far from the city center., about two miles so you have to take the bus there. But once you get to the hostel it is great. the employees there were helpful and offered us a bagged breakfast when they found out we were leaving before the breakfast buffet started. That was really nice of them. The hostel seemed safe and secure even though there were no lockers. The wifi didn't work in the rooms but it did work in the lobby.

We loved our stay here and really couldn't falt it .....and we were made most welcome which is so encouraging when you travel .....especially as we are both in our sixties ....thank you and hopefully we will come again Sarah and Kate

• 23rd Jun 2015

Hostel is very clean, has a great staff that's very helpful and is located right next to a very nice hike and has a beautiful view right out back. Not a bad place for meeting people since there's a nice common room but it's definitely not a party hostel or anything. Linen costs extra just like anywhere else in Norway. While it's in a nice area, only downside is that it's 20 minute bus ride out of center of town. Still very nice and comfortable hostel though!

Overall, it is a great place for short/long stays. Though it is located far away from the city center, the bird's eye view from the hostel location is awesome, especially during sunsets.

Excellent staff recommendations for the city and I loved the activities you organised (and your volunteers are great!). Great job, guys!

One of the better hostels I stayed at throughout Europe - if you go to Bergen, you must stay here. Good vibes with a friendly and open layout made it super easy to make friends while travelling alone. Link that with an amazing included breakfast, great views and located at the foot of a hike (which a staff member took us on for free) and you have an awesome Hostel experience!

This is a great hostel. Very friendly and it has a good atmosphere. Only marked down on location cos it is a fair way out of the main part of town, but it IS nice and quiet at night there and also is close to the mountains behind so good in that respect. Bus from main terminal is easy (#12-35NOK) Also marked down value for money but you'd have to say the same about everywhere in Norway so all things are relative.I would definitely recommend it if you are staying in Bergen.

require a short bus ride from the city centre which cost around 50NWD per ride, strongly recommend to get the Bergen card which you can use it for unlimited bus ride. you can purchase the card at the hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3