Montana Youth and Family Hostel Reviews

Johan Blyttsvei 30, Bergen, Norway

We were staying in one dorm and one private room while we were here. While the location isn't great for exploring Bergen it has stunning views. The beds are comfortable, breakfast is great.The downsides are the sheet charge, while we were prepared we thought the charge for a private room was unecessary. The staff were hit and miss. Some great others not. Also we should have been told when purchasing the Bergen Card that everything is closed on Mondays or off season or Easter.

It's a simple place with nice, helpful staff. Wifi is only available in common areas which made it hard to plan our stay. Breakfast was more than what I expected from other hostels but it ends a little early. The location is peaceful but quite a distance from the city centre so walking is not advisable. There are no lockers in the room but the entire place is very safe.

Me and my friend stayed here for 2 nights. The view from outside was amazing, I really can't fault anything. I became ill during my stay and the staff were very helpful in assisting my friend in getting medical help. I would definitely stay here again!

• 27th Mar 2014

Very nice hostel. Helpful staff. Nice breakfast and afternoon snack. It is a bit far from city center, but just near some hiking tracks.

Nice enough hostel, just that the atmosphere was dead. Plus found it odd how you have I share shower room with another person? Strange. Nonetheless good hostel with AMAZING views. About 15min bus ride to city centre.