New Garden Palace Hotel Reviews

11 Modereat Al Tahrir St., Next to the US Embassy, Cairo, Egypt

I thought the location and some of the staff at the hotel were very good, however, I had to be persistant to get money that I had overpaid because at time of check in the front desk person could not find my online booking and charged me more. Luckily there was someone later who sorted this out and refunded me.

This hotel is good value for money if you book online at least 24hrs before and I would recommend it to any budget travelers. For the same price as a hostel you get a reasonably high quality room with comfortable beds, fridge and a TV. The hotel feels a lot like it was once 4 star but has slowly gone down here so can now not be considered anything above 1 or 2 star. The staff were friendly though seemed to work 24 hours shifts!

• 15th Apr 2012

DON'T STAY THERE The staff is very fool and grab to charge money from the visitor as much as possible. For example, we were told that we can check out at 2PM but when we came back from a strip the manager was at the reception and told us to respect the check out time at 12AM, if not we would be charge a very big amount. I think because we didn't buy their super expensive services and tour packages, so no pick up at the airport, no coffee, the room looked like a cheap hostel, no towel or soap...

front desk person was friendly, spoke English and helpful (ie- directions). hotel is conviently located near tourist attractions.

• 5th Oct 2011

Very helpful staff. Accommodating general manager. Would advise guests to avoid staying on the unrenovated 8th floor if possible. Great value for the money, by booking online.

C\'est un bon hôtel, relativement bien situé. En ce qui concerne l\'accueil, cela dépend du réceptionniste: pour tout renseignements, demandez Ahmed, il fait de l\'excellent travail. L\'hôtel propose des excursions, ce qui n\'est pas mal. J\'en ai fait plusieurs et Ahmed a su me montrer ce qu\'était réellement l\'Egypte: un pays accueillant et chaleureux!!! Pour les chambres, les meilleures sont celles du deuxième et troisième étages. La propreté est au rendez-vous. Bon séjour!

Nice hotel in Garden City, however due to wrong address and telephone number and slightly misleading name on hostelworld website, both our taxi drivers had big problems finding the place. The name is actually Garden Palace Hotel and some locals know where it is, but not as GP...