New Orleans Hostel - Marquette House

Good 800 Total Reviews

• gabialves
  • Brazil, Female, 18-24
25th Feb 2017

Good place and good location. I made very nice friends during my stay for Mardi Gras! Wifi doesn't work and I think they could have breakfast.

• England, Female, 25-30
18th Feb 2017
5.7

Overall my stay here was fine, the staff were very friendly and the location was OK. However the security felt a little lax, at around 3am a very belligerent woman let herself into the sleeping dorm and proceeded to turn on all the lights, looking at all the occupied beds and when someone asked what she was looking for she got very unpleasant. She did leave, but it was concerning to me that, at 3am, it was considered appropriate to let someone "check out" the dorms, which don't have lockers.

• USA, Female, 41+
18th Feb 2017

There was no permanent filter for the coffee pot. Other than this. Everything was fine. The value for the money and the proximity is the best.

17th Feb 2017
7.4

Location was not too bad since it was about a 30 min. walk to the French Quarter. It is right next to the parade route which is great! Something to note: This hostel is a bit old and run down. That being said, it is not the prettiest and it has some issues, but overall it's not to bad. It provided beds for my friends and I to sleep on and that was all we needed!

• Australia, Male, 31-40
14th Feb 2017
3.7

A lot of drug and alcohol use on the property.

10th Jan 2017
4.9

I don 't raccomand IT. Too dirty, they should througt in the trash the beds, really dirty and full of insekt. IT is also too noisy. Wi-FI was broken No breakfast

• janproudfoot1733
  • USA, Female, 41+
5th Jan 2017

Location is great--one block from the St. Charles streetcar. It's a basic hostel with worn charm, lovely landscaping, and friendly staff--adequate if you want to spend your money on other things.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
18th Nov 2016
6.3

During low season reception hours are between 7am-12pm and 5-10pm). I had stated my arrival time as 1pm (arrived around 2pm) when booking via Hostel World, but the staff member told me I wasn't able to check-in til after 5pm and only if I had called ahead then I would've been able to check in. Really annoying since I had to come back to the hostel between 5-10pm to check in and pick up my keys, and makes no sense since he was already there. I was able to leave my bags behind the counter.

• USA, Male, 41+
2nd Nov 2016

Private room. Building across the street. Mad that I only stayed one night. HUGE room. Full-size bed, couch, fridge. Kitchenette. Full bath. High ceilings. Exposed brick. Yes, a bit run-down and not spotless. But no mold or insects. New A/C unit. Clean sheets/towels. The building was run-down but had real soul and history. I was expecting a roach motel based on some reviews, and ended up in a Gothic novel instead. Cool neighborhood. Ignore dumb negative reviews written by OCD primadonnas.

• Canada, Male, 41+
30th Oct 2016
6.3

The bed shits were not changed. Asked reception to get freeh ones.