6.8
Good 783 Total Reviews
6.8
Good 783 Total Reviews
New Orleans Hostel - Marquette House Located at 2249 Carondelet Street, LA 70130, New Orleans.
USA
New Orleans LA 2249 Carondelet Street, LA 70130
68% 783
29.9344262 -90.0824189
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 25-30
18th Nov 2016
6.3

During low season reception hours are between 7am-12pm and 5-10pm). I had stated my arrival time as 1pm (arrived around 2pm) when booking via Hostel World, but the staff member told me I wasn't able to check-in til after 5pm and only if I had called ahead then I would've been able to check in. Really annoying since I had to come back to the hostel between 5-10pm to check in and pick up my keys, and makes no sense since he was already there. I was able to leave my bags behind the counter.

• USA, Male, 41+
2nd Nov 2016

Private room. Building across the street. Mad that I only stayed one night. HUGE room. Full-size bed, couch, fridge. Kitchenette. Full bath. High ceilings. Exposed brick. Yes, a bit run-down and not spotless. But no mold or insects. New A/C unit. Clean sheets/towels. The building was run-down but had real soul and history. I was expecting a roach motel based on some reviews, and ended up in a Gothic novel instead. Cool neighborhood. Ignore dumb negative reviews written by OCD primadonnas.

• Canada, Male, 41+
30th Oct 2016
6.3

The bed shits were not changed. Asked reception to get freeh ones.

• USA, Female, 31-40
28th Oct 2016

Really enjoyed my stay. Check in and out was problem free. The private suit even had a kitchen. The location is the best in nola.

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
4.6

Not clean enough, dorms overcrowded, rules not made obvious to guests so no respect when coming in late, noisy people sitting outside all night, no facilities other than bathroom and squeaky bunk bed, blankets old. My impression is they are out to make a fast buck. Have stayed in a lot of hostels - this is the worst

3.1

Terrible place. Unfriendly staff who doesn't care, dirty uncomfortable beds, wifi not working at all, no breakfast, no real common areas to hang out, way too big. Avoid.

26th Oct 2016

Loved my stay here! Not the cleanest but it was nothing unbearable. The outside patio was great for socializing, we met some wonderful people! The wifi never really showed up, but it was okay because we were having a great time. I wish there were lockers to keep our stuff. Fortunately everyone I came across was nice and friendly enough, I wasn't too worried about anything being taken. Would stay here again on a future trip :)

• USA, Female, 18-24
26th Oct 2016
8.0

I think the marquette is great! Awesome location and great staff/people there!

• USA, Male, 41+
13th Oct 2016

I stayed there for 5days and met world travelers too. It was fun going with them in the jazz fest. Place is in Garden District and close to everything.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
13th Oct 2016

Very homely. Staff were great with reccomendations. Showers are awesome! Quiet but still sufficent pressure. Beds are comfortable