New Orleans Hostel - Marquette House

Good 827 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
30th Apr 2017
5.7

Wasn't impressed with my stay. Wifi did not work, the rooms were dirty, insects in the sinks and staff members weren't very friendly. Other than that it was in a fairly easy location just a quick tram ride to the French Quarter and close to Market Street and the beautiful Garden District.

12th Mar 2017

n.o. is hot,hot,hot. the marquette is hotter,hotter,hotter.

• France, Female, 25-30
11th Mar 2017
2.9

This hostel is really not nice. The staff was really unfriendly, almost rude and the room was really dirty. The toilets and the sinks where clogged. I did not even dare to take a shower there because it was really really dirty.

• lauraderita
  • USA, Female, 25-30
27th Feb 2017
6.9

Pretty standard Hostel. I really like driving the location in the garden district. The building was really beautiful too. We stayed during Mardi Gras so we didn't spend much time in the room.

• USA, Female, 25-30
27th Feb 2017
7.1

If you need a bare-bones hostel to stay at for cheap, this is the place. It's not super fancy or colorful, but if you're just going to be out exploring all day and need a place to rest your head, this is perfect. The wifi was pass-protected and I didn't receive the password or my deposit for the "wifi" back. Should've been $5 for linens and $5 for wifi if needed. I came during the end of February and only encountered 3 people in my girls only dorm during my stay.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
26th Feb 2017
7.7

We didn't end up staying here (we had a friend join last minute that had a place we could crash at), but the place was clean when we got there and the staff was really friendly and understanding.

• gabialves
  • Brazil, Female, 18-24
25th Feb 2017

Good place and good location. I made very nice friends during my stay for Mardi Gras! Wifi doesn't work and I think they could have breakfast.

• Dominican Republic, Male, 31-40
24th Feb 2017
7.7

The location is excellent, just a block away from st charles. I was there for mardi gras so being so close was amazing. If you're too picky or want to spend most of the time in the hostel then look somewhere else. Good thing here is accessibility and closeness to everything (French quarters is easy to get by street car, the streetcar is just a block away). Its cheap and you'll meet interesting people to roam around with.

• USA, Male, 31-40
23rd Feb 2017
5.4

Found 3 roaches or beetles crawling on the walls. Couldn't figure out how to turn off the bathroom light which had no door leading to the sleeping quarters. Cheap mattresses and assigned beds. Room had a funny smell and there was bedbug spray outside the quarters. Couldn't even get myself to stay one night at the place. I was able to get most of my refund back luckily. Worst hostel I have ever been to and I have stayed in Honolulu, Miami, Indianapolis, and New York.

• USA, Female, 31-40
23rd Feb 2017
7.7

The staff are very nice. The people that stay there long term are very nice and friendly. They have good ideas on where to eat and where to go. There is a courtyard where everyone hangs out at and that is nice. So many good conversations I had in the courtyard. The overall place needs to be updated and a good deep clean. Needs to have better mattresses or add a small box spring to current mattress. Needs to have more room for everyone to put there items that they brought with them & lockers.