New Road Guest House Reviews

1216/1 Charoen Krung between soi 34 and 36, Bangkok, Thailand

This was such a great guesthouse to arrive to in Bangkok the staff couldn't do enough for us and included us in their loy krathrong celebrations. It is a little way out of the main tourist area but honestly that's such a relief to get away from the noise and bustle of places such as koh sarn rd. great stay would recommend it to anybody going to Thailand xx

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your time, and hope we will see you stay with us once again in the future.

The dorms are a seperate building from the rooms as the place is an actual guest house. Decent beds. But choose the top bunk. It doesnt curve in as much. This place attracts lots of danish people. Only big problem is that rush hour traffic makes it insanely difficult to get back.

Beds are pads on noisy aluminum sheets of metal. Bag storage lacks any real security & a camera is not enough to stop a thief. Staff is there but not very helpful. I booked the 125 baht dorm room special on Holloween night..so I did more partying than sleeping. So, yes, I got my 125 baht worth, but may not really pay more for this experience. BTS Skytrain is a brisk 15 minute walk. BTS river ferry (18 baht) runs infrequently in the middle of the day. Bus 35/RR train station.

almost perfect.too bad they not in good location.need a little walk to the bts and at night 1 man from the other bed take girl come inside the dorm and they talk in the middle of the night.but overall very very nice.keep up the good work.i'll come again if i have change to visit thailand.thanks for the great experience :)

All you need. Breakfast is a little pricey for Thailand, but you can always look elsewhere if you have a small budget. There is a bar, beds are comfy, rooms and bathrooms are clean, staff are helpful. Good price for what you get - its a nice hostel! Thanks :)

Room size very small. Worse than a Pigeon hole.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • India

Amazing hostel, the staff is really friendly and helpful and speak good English. There are a lot of backpackers so it's easy to meet new people. The dorms are really clean and got both airconditioning and fans. It is located outside of the tourist area, but close to all kinds of public transport.

Awesome place, near Si Lom, where you can find nice places to party and eat. The taxis had some difficulty finding it though. Very clean and staff is excellent.

Average, slightly overpriced hostel/guesthouse in Thailand, but the staff did me a huge favor by holding a pair of boots I had left there for over a month while I was in Cambodia. For that reason I won't stay anywhere else, despite the lack of security in the dorms and the falling quality of the breakfasts!

Really good hostel! Comfortable beds, and nice rooms! The location is a little away from some of the cities main sights, but it's very easy to get a taxi on Charoen Krung right outside! I'll definitely be recommending it!

Very dissapointed with their service. We had a bag with dirty clothes which was taken from our room, without our request for it, nor filling the laundry form, and we found out that our clothes were sent to be washed. The next day we received our clothes, and when Eventually they make me pay for it, offering me only a 25% discount on my bill (note that price was already 3-4 times more expensive than outside). I would never repeat there!!

every time I asked them how to get somewhere by public transport, they would suggest that I take a taxi, and they looked sort of puzzled when I told them that public transport meant bus, train, metro, etc, they actually didn't answer my email asking for instructions on how to get from the airport. Other than that, all was super good, great value for money, particularly now with the discounts that they have.

Thank you for your review and detailed description of our accommodations and facilities We are thankful to hear such comments from your respective point of view about our Guesthouse location, food, internet and service. Everyday we are getting a lot of emails inquiries. We are apologize that we did not reply you back and fulfill your expectation. Howeverm, it will be our pleasure should you wish to consider New Road Guesthouse for your next stay

1 2 Next » last »