New Road Guest House Reviews

1216/1 Charoen Krung between soi 34 and 36, Bangkok, Thailand

All you need. Breakfast is a little pricey for Thailand, but you can always look elsewhere if you have a small budget. There is a bar, beds are comfy, rooms and bathrooms are clean, staff are helpful. Good price for what you get - its a nice hostel! Thanks :)

Room size very small. Worse than a Pigeon hole.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • India

Amazing hostel, the staff is really friendly and helpful and speak good English. There are a lot of backpackers so it's easy to meet new people. The dorms are really clean and got both airconditioning and fans. It is located outside of the tourist area, but close to all kinds of public transport.

Awesome place, near Si Lom, where you can find nice places to party and eat. The taxis had some difficulty finding it though. Very clean and staff is excellent.

Average, slightly overpriced hostel/guesthouse in Thailand, but the staff did me a huge favor by holding a pair of boots I had left there for over a month while I was in Cambodia. For that reason I won't stay anywhere else, despite the lack of security in the dorms and the falling quality of the breakfasts!

Really good hostel! Comfortable beds, and nice rooms! The location is a little away from some of the cities main sights, but it's very easy to get a taxi on Charoen Krung right outside! I'll definitely be recommending it!

Very dissapointed with their service. We had a bag with dirty clothes which was taken from our room, without our request for it, nor filling the laundry form, and we found out that our clothes were sent to be washed. The next day we received our clothes, and when Eventually they make me pay for it, offering me only a 25% discount on my bill (note that price was already 3-4 times more expensive than outside). I would never repeat there!!

every time I asked them how to get somewhere by public transport, they would suggest that I take a taxi, and they looked sort of puzzled when I told them that public transport meant bus, train, metro, etc, they actually didn't answer my email asking for instructions on how to get from the airport. Other than that, all was super good, great value for money, particularly now with the discounts that they have.

Thank you for your review and detailed description of our accommodations and facilities We are thankful to hear such comments from your respective point of view about our Guesthouse location, food, internet and service. Everyday we are getting a lot of emails inquiries. We are apologize that we did not reply you back and fulfill your expectation. Howeverm, it will be our pleasure should you wish to consider New Road Guesthouse for your next stay

Great little hostel in Bangkok. I arrived very late and even left my trekking boots behind, but in regards to both they were extremely accommodating. The breakfast buffet, if a little pricey, was delicious and a great start to the day.

Thank you for your nice review and detailed description of our accommodations and facilities We are thankful to hear such comments from your respective point of view about our Guesthouse location, food, internet and service It will be our pleasure should you wish to consider New Road Guesthouse for your next stay and we will be glad to be on contact with you for your forthcoming stay arrangements

It's a nice place close to a good area to buy food and close to the BRT and MRT. The food is expensive there and you don't get so much, but other than that it's good.

Thank you for your nice review and detailed description of our accommodations and facilities We are thankful to hear such comments from your respective point of view about our Guesthouse location and food It will be our pleasure should you wish to consider New Road Guesthouse for your next stay and we will be glad to be on contact with you for your forthcoming stay arrangements

New road guest house has a great backpacker vibe. Lots of people coming a going. We got a standard fan room which kept us plenty cool, though the room was a bit small and the shower was pretty tiny. Breakfast was good, if a little pricy for Thailand, still an all you can eat buffet so can't complain too much. The location was okay -- about a 10 minute walk to the pier and 10 minute walk to the sky train. Not to much sight seeing in the immediate vicinity, but it was also pretty quiet at night.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Lots of information about Thailand and SE Asia tours, nice restaurant/cafe, clean place, provides lockers both in the rooms and in the lobby, the location is o-k, not too far from anything but not particularly convenient either. The beds struck me as rather large, especially for being bunk beds. Overall, good value for money, though I wish they would leave the a/c on during the day!

1 2 Next » last »