Nika Dubrovnik Reviews

Nalje�kovi�eva7, Dubrovnik, Croatia

I was actually moved to a place a couple of streets away. I found it difficult to communicate with the mother but she was pleasant enough. The room was fine with its own en-suite and a fridge. I would suggest adding a kettle.

Not a hostel really, but a woman who has several rooms available in a few different places. The location was excellent and it represented good value for money for August in what is a relatively expensive city anyway. The room I had was so-so, although to be fair I arrived late and they did offer to move me the next day.

We were in a private apartment a couple of streets over from the main hostel. The property is superbly located - right in the centre of old town, so getting anywhere is just a couple of minutes walk; although there are many steps to climb, so it's quite a workout coming home again! The elderly lady who manages the apartment lives in the downstairs flat so is always easily available and is very accomodating and welcoming. She doesn't speak any English, but we managed to muddle through.

Perfect location in the Old Town (if you don't mind steps!). Lady where I was staying was very friendly and helpful. I was back in Dubrovnik a week later and went to see if they had space. They didn't but the lady kindly rang up her friend to see if she had space for me which was helpful!

There was no remote control for the air conditioning so we could not use that.

• 6th Sep 2013

The location of the flat was in the heart of Dubrovnik's old town, for a more than honest quality/service. There tons of restaurant at not 1mn walking, but the street in which the flat is located is quiet. The flat is quite big, with one double bedroom and a sofa. The personnel is very welcoming and nice.

Great location, organization average

We stayed in a different location than the one listed, in a second house that we shared with the grandmother of the family who owned the hostel. Room was nice; had an AC unit, fridge, tv, and bathroom ensuite- wasn't expecting all that!

Family run, b

Very convenient location.Large room.Very friendly apartment owner.Would stay again.

• 13th Jul 2013

Very central location but manages to stay quiet at night, even though we were visiting at the start of the summer festival! Nika and Petra are very welcoming and will give any info that you need. Good facilities, a nice touch was the clothes line and pegs, very handy after a few weeks of travelling!

Great location, nice and friendly staff, and perfect room for our stay.

When we arrived at Nika Dubrovnik apartments we were told we would be moved to another location, not their central apartment house. When we arrived at the new location we discovered that we would have to share a bathroom and there was no internet, when we had PAID MORE to have our own bathroom and all of the information about the apartments said there was internet available. WE DID NOT GET WHAT WE PAID FOR/RESERVED, AVOID THESE APARTMENTS!!

DEAR guest i do not now what obout you talk,i never charge more mony from my guest that is not truth...yes is truth that you do not sleap at my centrale house you sleap at my other but i gave you everthing what you reserved...that date when you come the internet is not work because it wos same problem with eletricoins in all street...see you

I really felt like I was in a friend's house. Perfect ;)

• 6th Jun 2013
  • Spain

Amazing location, beautiful, comfortable rooms.

• 27th May 2013

Nika was very friendly and accommodating and the location is excellent. However, our booking clearly stated that we had a private bathroom, which along with the location, is why I selected this hostel. This was not the case though and the shared bathroom was awful! I am very disappointed with this and I have also read other reviews of travellers fooled by the same expectation and I think this is out-of-order promising a service that is not delivered!

Very pleasent stay in the heart of Dubrovnik! Close to evyrything, The Old Town, The Pier, The Wall, markets etc etc. The room (top floor) was very nice, with seperate toilet/shower and kitchen! And the owner Nika was very friendly, and the neighbours aswell ;-) I can strongly recommend Nika Dubrovnik!!

• 29th Jun 2012
  • Sweden

we booked for 2 night but we had to change apartment after the first due to a miscalculation of its availability,so early in the morning we needed to pack and go to another apartment losing half of the day between moving, passports registration and payment, not good when you plan to stay in a place only a couple of days. Moreover the bed in the second apartment (Nika’s House in winter season) was broken, unfortunately I only realized it when we went to sleep and I had to sleep on the floor.

Nika and her family were so welcoming and helpful. My husband and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon and Nika was nice enough to bring us a wedding gift of grappa and some local cookies. It felt like staying with longtime friends...Nika suggested good restaraunts and was there to answer any of our questions. The location in the old town was close to everything and the street was picturesque. We would definately stay here again and suggest it to any friends!

I booked the studio apartment but when we arrived we were taken to a house the next road over. This wasn't a problem at all as both were nice and clean and fully air-conditioned! A great place to stay with very friendly staff!

View all Dubrovnik Bed and Breakfasts