Nika Dubrovnik Reviews

Nalje�kovi�eva7, Dubrovnik, Croatia

When we arrived we were moved to 'another of nika's apartments' which when we got there had only 2 single beds and a fan in a tiny room. We accepted this at first although we had booked a room with air con, until we realised how hot it was. So nika moved us to another apartment with air con across town. We went to get our bags & the lady whose apartment it actually was came back and verbally abused us demanding 200kuna for us sitting on the beds. More organisation would have been appreciated

I had deliberately chosen this place because I wanted to stay in the walls of the old town, as its marker on the map indicates. However, I was actually taken to a room in a building some 200m east of the old town, in the Ploce area. This is not very far as the crow flies, but it was not what I was looking for. Moreover, the room I was given did not have air conditioning - it only had a fan. And there was no free wi-fi. That said, a nice terrace with good view. Overall, poor value.

Awesome B&B... The location couldnt get any better. However it can get loud at night

This is a room in a wonderful woman's house. It's clean, cozy, and has everything you will need. It is also very well located in the old city. The best part is coming home to talk with Nika. She really makes you feel at home.

I was actually moved to a place a couple of streets away. I found it difficult to communicate with the mother but she was pleasant enough. The room was fine with its own en-suite and a fridge. I would suggest adding a kettle.

Nika's regular house was full, so she took me to stay with - family friends? relatives? - who have a really cool spare room. It's at the top of the house with incredible views over the whole old town, and was quiet, private, and air-conditioned. The older couple were excited to learn that i was there to study Croatian, and were happy to practice speaking with me over coffee. The shared bathroom was clean and they invited me to use anything of theirs. Overall, the place & people were both lovely

Not a hostel really, but a woman who has several rooms available in a few different places. The location was excellent and it represented good value for money for August in what is a relatively expensive city anyway. The room I had was so-so, although to be fair I arrived late and they did offer to move me the next day.

We were in a private apartment a couple of streets over from the main hostel. The property is superbly located - right in the centre of old town, so getting anywhere is just a couple of minutes walk; although there are many steps to climb, so it's quite a workout coming home again! The elderly lady who manages the apartment lives in the downstairs flat so is always easily available and is very accomodating and welcoming. She doesn't speak any English, but we managed to muddle through.

Perfect location in the Old Town (if you don't mind steps!). Lady where I was staying was very friendly and helpful. I was back in Dubrovnik a week later and went to see if they had space. They didn't but the lady kindly rang up her friend to see if she had space for me which was helpful!

There was no remote control for the air conditioning so we could not use that.

• 6th Sep 2013

The location of the flat was in the heart of Dubrovnik's old town, for a more than honest quality/service. There tons of restaurant at not 1mn walking, but the street in which the flat is located is quiet. The flat is quite big, with one double bedroom and a sofa. The personnel is very welcoming and nice.

Great location, organization average

We stayed in a different location than the one listed, in a second house that we shared with the grandmother of the family who owned the hostel. Room was nice; had an AC unit, fridge, tv, and bathroom ensuite- wasn't expecting all that!

Family run, b

Very convenient location.Large room.Very friendly apartment owner.Would stay again.

• 13th Jul 2013

Very central location but manages to stay quiet at night, even though we were visiting at the start of the summer festival! Nika and Petra are very welcoming and will give any info that you need. Good facilities, a nice touch was the clothes line and pegs, very handy after a few weeks of travelling!

Great location, nice and friendly staff, and perfect room for our stay.

When we arrived at Nika Dubrovnik apartments we were told we would be moved to another location, not their central apartment house. When we arrived at the new location we discovered that we would have to share a bathroom and there was no internet, when we had PAID MORE to have our own bathroom and all of the information about the apartments said there was internet available. WE DID NOT GET WHAT WE PAID FOR/RESERVED, AVOID THESE APARTMENTS!!

DEAR guest i do not now what obout you talk,i never charge more mony from my guest that is not truth...yes is truth that you do not sleap at my centrale house you sleap at my other but i gave you everthing what you reserved...that date when you come the internet is not work because it wos same problem with eletricoins in all street...see you

I really felt like I was in a friend's house. Perfect ;)

• 6th Jun 2013
  • Spain

Amazing location, beautiful, comfortable rooms.

• 27th May 2013