Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel Reviews

204-206 Samranrach intersection, opposite to Thipsamai padthai shop , Phra-Nakorn, Bangkok, Thailand

Have been back 3 times throughout my trip and everytime was greeted with smiles, comfy beds, good wifi and clean bathrooms. Always new people to meet in the cafe downstairs. Would recommend to anyone who wants a clean comfortable place to relax after a crazy day in Bangkok. See you guys again next week!

This hotel was very cool and unique. I loved the look of the place. I didn't expect it to be a 'boutique' hostel. It is worth the stay! There was free breakfast/drink vouchers and a cafe at reception. The location is pretty good, most tourist spots are within walking distance and the staff knows what's up with anything if you got any questions. The washrooms were decent; The only downside was that the faucet pipes were leaking and the water took very long to drain after a shower. Everything good

Not young people there, not your typical hostel where you can have a good laugh and drink with people. Location is brilliant though, less than 10 mins walk to Koh San Road, Tuk Tuk is a 5 min ride for 50 baht. Staff are really nice though, and it is a very nice looking place, but just not for me.

Nice hostel with helpful staff, ten minutes away from the backpacker area - close enough to walk to but far enough away to escape from! Large lockers in the room and nice facilities with a TV lounge and café bar

This hostel was a wonderful, very quiet place to stay during my visit to Bangkok. All the taxi drivers I used knew exactly where the hostel was located and the famous pad thai shop is just a short walk away. The facilities were incredibly clean and well-kept. The security guard was also incredibly nice! There wasn't too much communal activity while I was there - it might have just been the timing, but I barely saw any other guests. I did get an entire five bed dorm to myself though!

very charming hostel, easy walking distance to alot of tourist locations and they give an easy to read map. Surrounded by great food!

The staff were very friendly and helpful every one of them. It was very clean. The shower were not that great and the beds are hard and squeek a lot when you move. Also the coffee shop was a nice place to hang out and the coffee was very good.

• 12th Feb 2014

Staff nice and long-suffering ;). With 40 bath you are in Khao San Road. 15 minutes walk you are on the main area (Wat Po, Wat Arun, Royal Palace, ...) The hostel is near the BEST Pad-Thai in the world --> really worth it.

I really love this.The hostel has its lovely coffee shop, then there's a very famous padthai shop 20m near. Room and bathroom are extremely clean, feel like a home. Staffs are tender, nice and friendly. In addition, I'm addicted to its antique beauty with wooden floor and doors....

Niras was great. Good location, about a 15 minute walk to anywhere you want to go. Staff is delightful. Definitely try hard to make you feel welcome, No kitchen you can use, more of a cafe setting...and they make excellent lattes, etc. I stayed in a private room, clean and spacious with air con, though no window.

Very friendly staff in a pretty cool part of Bangkok! Excellent coffee and facilities!

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Norway

No complaints! The hostel reminds me of the museum interior and it is so clean. Staff cannot be more helpful when it comes to local information. Their Thai tea is also superb! Cafe downstairs is a perfect spot to chat up and meet other travelers.

Feels like I have a grandma in Bangkok. Perfect place to stay. I love Niras and Bangkok :)) I'll be back soon.

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Indonesia

Our stay at Niras was fantastic, the staff were charismatic and would go out of their way to help, they really were the cherry on top of the cake! The hostel itself is in a beautiful building, perfectly clean with good facilities. We will certainly return to Niras and couldn't recommend it more highly! The Niras Duo - Brendan

• 26th Jan 2014

I stayed at Niras on my previous trips to Bangkok, and keep coming back. The staff is especially friendly and helpful, there is brilliant food just across the street, not Khaosan rd stuff, place where thais actually come and eat, and recommend.

Nira's was a great place to stop for several days and relax. The rooms were very comfortable. It is just a 15 minute walk to Khao San Road, so it's easy to visit.

Have been here before and love this charming and easy going place. The staff are knowledgeable and lovely.

It's actually a pretty good hostel… just a couple of small complaints… .1. Showers, whilst clean can't be considered hot. They're the instant type but to have it even warm you have to reduce it to an unmanageable dribble...this was my biggest disappointment. 2. If you go out and use the piece of paper they give you to get back, expect not to make it back that night… wrong spelling, tiny writing, cabbies, police… a total of 15 people and an hour in a taxi (5min trip normally)… no room for more.

• 18th Jan 2014

We would like to clarify your misunderstanding , as we checked all hot showers in bathroom work properly , if you have any problems ,please contact our staffs to advise you how to use them. Secondly , the Thai direction is correct with useful information, we 're so sorry for unfortunate event that you got lost with the Bad taxi driver, please understand that it's nothing wrong about our direction paper.

Such a great hostel! I stayed in a few in Bangkok and this one is a top favorite of mine. So clean. 20 minute walk to Koh San. GREAT STAFF!!

Thank you so much for both times of your stay , it's really nice to take care of you , wonderful female traveler. We are so happy to be your favorite !

Our group absolutely loved our stay here and if back in Bangkok would 100% stay here again. Super clean and the staff are AMAZING!! Great way to end off our trip :)

Thank you very much for your last stay and it was so nice to see your group. Hope to welcome you guys again in Bangkok and help you enjoy our lovely city.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4