Nomads Noosa Reviews

44 Noosa Drive, Noosa Heads, Noosa, Australia

The hygiene of it was a serious problem. I had blood on my bed sheets and my sister had what looked like a urine stain on her sheets. The floor in the dorm was filthy. The kitchen was revolting, it smelt terrible and there was old food and dirty dishes everywhere. There were no lockers in dorms so not very safe. There was loud music playing very late at night so could not get to sleep until at least 12. Reception staff did not care when told these problems. Would never stay again.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Kitchen facilities were poor and kitchen was unclean. Need better lighting in outside area so people can see when they are eating outside and get to their rooms

They have some good activities going on, location is one of the better ones.

My bed was next to a open window that was broken so couldnt be closed, and just so happened to be centimetres away from where drunk guests AND STAFF members would go to smoke, drink and chat. Get a smoking area that isnt directly outside a guests window. Kept up all night with music and shouting and male "staff" bursting into our all girls room TWICE without knocking asking if we want to take part in a wet t shirt contest. definitly a hostel for huge daily partiers. Would not stay again

small kitchen poor kitchen equipment internet for free only by reception

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

The room was dirty and as many before me has said, the kitchen was really bad. It was dirty, messy and small. I cooked there but it didnt feel nice at all. Lack of utensil and pots without handles. However it was in a nice area, but I wouldn't stay there again.

The people here madenmy stay a good one, but the hostel? Average at best. Near enough to the beach and national park to walk, but it's a walk indeed. Cramped kitchen, expensive wifi, and a dark walk to the rooms, but the outdoor common space is great and a few great freebies on offer (surfboards!).

I booked a dorm, but decided to stay in a private room to get some sleep. It wasn't easy at this hostel, because it is very loud (fair enough, it's a party hostel), but also because the bed was super uncomfortable. The room was dirty (there were somebody's cut off nails on the coffee table... very disgusting), the floor was filthy and there were food wrappers underneath the bed. Never ever again.

Horrible!!! Stayed in a 16bed dorm with a bunch of drunk dudes. Don't come here if you need some sleep!

Terrible kitchen

Hi there, It is disappointing to hear the feedback regarding our kitchen. We do have staff on throughout the day to keep on top of guests who don't clean up after themselves and to keep up with replacing any utensils that go missing. Without more detail from your feedback it is difficult to address what may be exactly the issue however we do wish you all the best on your travels!

the hostel is between town and the beach, the staff was helpfull. at night its a bit dark to go to the rooms but rooms are clean, bathrooms were not so clean, kitchen was a basement not clean, with poor facilities, no oven, low ceiling and smelly. Nice pool& cool bar.

We only stayed here 1 night so the rooms were fine. Fairly clean and ensuite. It was a bit of a walk to the beach but only 10mins. The kitchen was the most disgusting I've seen. It was so old and tired and everything looked filthy. Thank god we didn't cook in there that night.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. Our kitchen is old which can be mistaken for filthy or tired as we have staff on everyday to clean our kitchen and a deep clean every week. With nearly 250 beds and the hostel being full most nights it's always a challenge to keep on top of other guests who don't clean up after themselves.

Nice place to stay for a night or two, the kitchen was well equipped and the showers and toilet in the room was clean. was nice to have two showers in the room. If you are looking for a party hostel this is the place as the bar is open every night and one night we stayed they had an acoustic musican playing outside so it is great to meet people

Very Nice Hostel.. with free pizza on Monday!! Everything you need is provided but no lookers..

Hi there! Hey great call with we provide everything you need! But no lookers?? Have you seen our staff and the guests that come through our property?? This hostel has been rated the best looking hostel in the history of the world three years running so I would have to disagree we have no lookers! All hilarious things aside we do have lockers at reception. FREE for guests to put any valuables they wish to at any time :) Have a great holiday and we hope you come back!

The location was good, close to both Noosa Heads and Noosa Junction. The rooms are spacious and not overcrowded but the walls to outside are incredibly thin which lets all the noise from outside in. You can hear everything that's going on outside, coupled with the squeakiest beds in any hostel I've stayed in led to a terrible nights sleep. We were also spoken to incredibly rudely by one one the Mad Travel staff. i would never stay here again and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel - just wish I could have stayed there a bit longer! The staff were really friendly and welcoming from the minute I walked in the door & I was immediately impressed with the hostel. It had a really cool vibe to it with the bar, beer garden and pool. The food was a reasonable price - and the little cafe they have is really cute. If I had longer in Aus I would have deffo applied for the jobs they were advertising :)

Only had security on the bar so anyone could get round to the rooms, was noisy at times but never too bad. Rooms were spacious considering 16 beds but only 2 showers and 1 toilet for 16 people. Fairly clean rooms and staff were helpful with what to do but I realised after booking that it is better to stay near the main beach than noosa junction

Average hostel about a 15 minute walk outside of Noosa. I had a top bunk bed which didn't have any side railings so did feel very unsafe. When I asked if they could fix it they said they couldn't put were happy to let me change to a different room. I don't feel like the bed should have been there in the first place as it would be easy to fall out, but they handled it well. Overall the hostel needs a bit of TLC and modernising in parts but overall its okay!

• 7th Apr 2015

Nice hostel, pool and bar gave it a bit of a resort feel. Located well next to a supermarket but a bit of a walk to the beach. Staff were friendly and helpful but reception got very busy at times due to large numbers of people checking in after tours and off greyhounds.

Would recommend air conditioning being in the larger dorms like 16 beds as it was unbearable to sleep as it was so hot.