Nomads Noosa Reviews

44 Noosa Drive, Noosa Heads, Noosa, Australia

No proper kitchen (not much available, you have to wait to get everything).

• 17th Jul 2014

Great place to stay. Very close to the beach and good atmosphere with the bar. Loved it but only downsides was the kitchen was never clean and the beds were very creaky so couldn't move when sleeping.

I arrived in Noosa with no booking for accommodation. I tried Nomads first as I had heard good things and from the moment looked around I knew I wanted to stay. They have music by the pool so during the day it's a really good vibe. The monday nights are wild and so much fun. $5 meals awesome and the staff are really good to make the stay so welcoming. Great activities and a short walk to the beach. Didn't want to leave Noosa or Nomads. Will come back on my way back down for sure.

• 19th Jun 2014

Very good social hostel. Good events in the bar. Nice free BBQ. About 10-15 minute walk to the main beach. Good free shuttles to Greyhound bus stop.

Stayed for 3 nights and had a good time. The rooms were spacious and they had free activities on during the day which was good to help meet people, everyone staying there was pretty social though so this was easy anyway. Short walk to the beach and shops. The kitchen was ok, just a bit small so got crowded during the evenings but I just went down a little earlier and it was ok.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Thanks for another great stay. Go KBs.......go Banksy yeeew! Didn't see you on Fraser! Can't believe it's winter in Noosa. Warm crystal clear water and waves. What a place! Kookaburras and Koalas in the hostel trees!!!! Cool.

Not great hostel. Kitchen is very small and dirty. Ensuite bathroom was good, but uncomfortable/loud beds. Far from beach with no shuttle bus. Offer 5 dollareals each might which is okay.

Second time I've stayed and it was great again. Not as busy this time so the buzz wasn't quite the same but that was just down to less people being around. The bar was fantastic as always and we had another awesome stay in my favourite place in Australia.

Stayed here before and after Fraser, had a great time and the bar is very fun too.

• 26th May 2014

Run down, especially the kitchen was lacking and badly maintained

I stayed in the Nomads in Noosa cause I've used the Nomads chain from the beginning of my travels in Cairns. Looked at the reviews for the Nomads in Noosa and was a little nervous. I arrived at the greyhound station on an early bus and the Nomads bus was waiting for me and the driver had a big smile, I couldn't check in until the afternoon so I used the facilities around the hostel. I found the place very clean and I still wonder why all the negative feedback I see about this hostel. Loved it.:)

• 30th Apr 2014

They messed up our booking, we had to live in separate rooms, we had to check-in and check-out, there was a leak from the ceiling in one room as well as 3 out of 8 beds even without mattresses. In the other rooms the beds were not made so it was unclear where to sleep. There was a constant queue in the reception througout the two nights we stayed at Nomads, that we had do stand in several more times than we should have because of the booking error. Stayed at Byron and Airlie and was satisfied.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 25-30

An average hostel, not great for your money. Also beware of the securitiy guards as they will bite your head off if you even so much as speak or ask them a question. It feels like they are doing you a favour for staying there. Wouldn't go back at all.

Without a doubt the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Was told by staff it was quiet before I booked, bar open until silly o'clock in the morning. Was asked if I would be getting my tits out for mad Monday. Had already paid a deposit via hostel world so stayed for one night, and said I would pay for other nights in the morning if I slept. Room had hole in ceiling with water coming through above a PowerPoint. Went to pay in morning and was told I had to check out or move rooms..absolutely awful

• 2nd Apr 2014

Staff was lazy and unfriendly. Kitchen was dirty. Room was dirty with flooded showers and bed bugs.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

A pretty run-down and ratty hostel. The rooms were "cleaned" daily, but barely. The kitchen is tiny and wholly inadequate. The room fans were broken, the lights in one of the showers didn't work (though they eventually fixed this). Everything about this hostel felt sub-par and barely maintained. The bar is OK, but good luck if you need to go to bed early as it's LOUD and above many of the rooms. No booze in the rooms (and they're really strict on this), so you're stuck with expensive bar prices.

Good location..bathrooms were never cleaned tho..wifi is awful..best thing is the free pizza/BBQ

The staff is friendly and most of the backpackers are nice. But a lot of them go to Fraser Island the next day and the bar is nothing, so it is boring. The kitchen is terrible, too small and a lack of kitchen equipment (no spoons for example), couldnt cook here. The wifi wont reach your room, but at least its free.

• 11th Mar 2014

The kitchen was really bad, only 6 hotplates so it was always a long queue for it. The pots and the equipment was really bad.

Amazing staff at the travel shop, really helped us plan the rest of our trip. Really good atmosphere. Loved it x

• 13th Feb 2014