Northumberland Hotel Reviews

31-33 Craigmillar Park, Newington, Edinburgh, Scotland

Unfortunately we were unable to confirm our booking with the hotel as we only seen the small print on our return from holiday 5 days after booking. We emailed the hotel who had cancelled our booking immediately after 48 hours because we did not confirm, it was at this point that we discovered the confirmation rules. I would advise anyone not to ensure that you wait for the confirmation by email, if you have a phone it will only come up as confirmed booking.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Hotel was good. I wish they had heaters as in the night the general heating system is off (i guess in the whole city is the same), so it is a bit cold at night. Beds were comfortable and clean. I was in the 3-bed ensuite private room and the bathroom was also clean. I liked that there were hair dryer and a kettle with cups, tea bags, sugar and coffee. The only drawback is a little far location from the city centre. But direct buses will get you there. Generally, I liked it!

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Turkmenistan

Amazing place. Near to the castle. Loved it. Will be my next hostel again when I visit our Edinburgh.

Excellent welcome on arrival. Pleasant room. Second floor quite a struggle with heavy suitcase. Will certainly stay again at this Hotel but will request a room on a lower floor.

• 28th Oct 2014

The price for such a small room and bath is just too high.

Bed bugs. Covered in them.