Northumberland Hotel Reviews

31-33 Craigmillar Park, Newington, Edinburgh, Scotland

Great place to stay while you're in Edinburgh, it's close to the city centre by bus!

• 21st Apr 2015

The staff was very rude, it is unbelievable for an hotel to not have any change and to tell off your customer that they should have the right amount. and they even charge you when you pay by credit card

Staying at this hostel was more like staying in a hotel. Very large rooms and very clean. Lots of public transport just outside the front door and within walking distance of the CBD for those with a little more time. Only downside was no laundry facilities which is usually common. Staff were more than helpful though with directions and tips for getting around the city. Would definitely recommend for other travellers.

• 13th Mar 2015

Unfortunately we were unable to confirm our booking with the hotel as we only seen the small print on our return from holiday 5 days after booking. We emailed the hotel who had cancelled our booking immediately after 48 hours because we did not confirm, it was at this point that we discovered the confirmation rules. I would advise anyone not to ensure that you wait for the confirmation by email, if you have a phone it will only come up as confirmed booking.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Hotel was good. I wish they had heaters as in the night the general heating system is off (i guess in the whole city is the same), so it is a bit cold at night. Beds were comfortable and clean. I was in the 3-bed ensuite private room and the bathroom was also clean. I liked that there were hair dryer and a kettle with cups, tea bags, sugar and coffee. The only drawback is a little far location from the city centre. But direct buses will get you there. Generally, I liked it!

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Turkmenistan

Amazing place. Near to the castle. Loved it. Will be my next hostel again when I visit our Edinburgh.