Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Bed was uncomfortable and there was a draft from the window. Other than those, it was fine. Great location and the pub has a great atmosphere.

Great hostel overall. We are a couple in our 20s so were keen to hit the pubs around Temple Bar. The hostel was noisy during the night with drunken people on the streets and stumbling into the hostel, but it didn't bother us. Location EXCELLENT. Really easy walking distance to attractions and city centre. And the lovely brunette in reception really went over and above to help us during our stay - her customer service was second to none. And breakfast included!! Would definitely stay again.

The only issue I had was that the initial room I was put in didn't have lockers, so I had to go and change at reception. That wasn't a problem though, and the 2nd room was great. It was a bit bright at night though- the window was right behind a MASSIVE neon sign that stayed lit until 3 or 4am... All good though- you sleep with your eyes closed anyway!

Fab hostel very clean, right in the centre of temple bar. Staff very helpful and friendly would stay again.

• 16th Nov 2013

I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who wants a cheap bed for a few days to explore the city of Dublin!!!!! Good deal! Decent place! And the bar and restaurant downstairs is great!!!! Walking distance to everything!!!!

• 12th Nov 2013

The hostel was ideally located in temple bar and the facilities were great. The bar and club weren't too loud despite other reviews suggesting it was far too loud. I would definitely stay here again if I was in Dublin again

Brilliant nights stay! The pub down stairs is brilliant with live music and a great atmosphere will definitely be staying again!

• 8th Nov 2013

Great place to stay! Cheap and in the middle of Temple Bar. The Pub below was THE place to be!!! Music and atmosphere AMAZING!!! If you're a light sleeper, could get a little loud. Staff is super friendly. We will definately go back.

• 7th Nov 2013

Great place but I advised them the only shower available to me was going from extreme hot to cold every 30 seconds - wasnt fixed when I returned a week later but well worth the money. I had to wash myself in the 5 sec of warm water and wait 30 secs again for it to be warm vs the extreme hot/cold.

• 6th Nov 2013

Loudest hostel I've ever stayed in, invest in some better windows and also some blinds. The flood lights shined right into our room

Great hostel in a great location, I would recommend it to any of my friends who are going to Dublin.

When coming from Killarney I love staying in gogartys, great spot.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »