Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Awesome location and the room was all right, only thing that bothered me was the fact that there was only one key per room. In the afternoon i had to wait to get into the dorm because the girl who was there was in the shower, and in the night, when i came back from a pubcrawl at 2 am, i had to knock at the door for several minutes until someone woke up and let me in

Only one room key per room so all rooms were pretty much left open during the night to allow guests access without waking up anyone else. Toilet/shower area was not the cleanest place I've ever seen and the kitchen area closes really early. I just don't understand their room key situation. Peculiar.

Absolutely fantastic....planning my next trip already!!!

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

I was in a room with 9 others and there was only one key for the room, so we kept having to disturb one another to get into the room or leave the door open. The facilities were ok, didn't see many people using them - like the dining room or common room. They no longer have laundry service, but the staff was nice enough to let me know of places close by. Location is the best thing about this hostel, as it's right in Temple Bar but surprisingly, the noise at night was very minimal.

location in the party area so can be noisy. i stayed in a 12 bed mixed dorm, which got vey stuffy with lots of loud party goers coming in at all hours making a lot of noise. only one shower for the dorm room tho there are a few other showers if you can be bothered to find them! one night i was there a dunk young man threw up all over the bathroom and the staff would clean it so we could not use the bathroom for the next day!

A big problem for me is the only key for a four people room! we were awaked all the night!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

This hostel is poorly run. They overbooked the room and the staff was very unhelpful. The security was very poor... Anyone could come in at any time and the mixed dorms remained open all night. The bathrooms were very dirty. Overall, we would never stay there again.

I was very disappointed on my last evening, i returned to the room to find that there had been a party going on, the was clothes, beer can & bottles, spirit bottles all over, the bathroom was a disgrace, and the sink was full of sick, i went downstairs to complain and was just told there was nothing that they could do, i tried to explain that these people would be back through the night and that the party would go on, i was told that it would not, not only did it carry on, but for a hours.

I stayed in a mixed 12 bed room. One of the beds was missing the cage below to securely store your luggage and this caused the people who arrived earlier to store their luggage in cages under different beds. Other than this and a few beds being taken, everything was great. Was pretty loud on July 4th but that didn't bother me much.

Only big problem was with the key situation. It's a pain in the butt only having one key per room, not mention a possible security problem.

Staff were super helpful with all problems that I had!!! The rooms were clean and big enough, it is in an excellent location right in the heart of Temple Bar. We went back at the end of our trip and stayed there again! It is a really great location and the people that stay there are genreally super friendly and wanting to meet new people!

Nice place in a prime location. No complaints here. They even give you a free small glass of beer when you get there.

Great location, great hostel. Every time i come to Dublin I want to stay here

• 29th Jun 2014

Loved staying at your place. It was very well located and your staff was very responsive. My only suggestion would be to change the key system. Elsewhere we used the cards like in hotels and that was smoother, especially in rooms where people were returning at all hours of the night.

Staff not very helpful made you feel bad for asking questions when it's their job. As a solo traveller hostel was bad to meet people, just a bar with beds up top really, common room and they close it at 9pm so pretty hard to meet people Wifi was the worst, it kicked you every time you connect after 5 min other times you couldn't even connect

Awesome location near all the best bars etc. staff were friendly and accommodating. Cool bar downstairs but a little expensive. Only having one key per room was an issue.

Perfect place to stay if you want to have a fun-time in Dublin. Location is awesome for partying and stuff is very nice and helpful. We didn't miss a thing.

• 18th Jun 2014

Great location. Friendly staff. A bit too loud at night, but because it is right in the center of Temple Bar...

Was a great place to stay in Dublin! Directly in the middle of Temple Bar, and within a short walking distance from Dame Street and the river, with many bus stops and other forms of transportation at each one. The staff was nice and helpful, and the bar downstairs was very lively! The rooms were sparsely decorated, but perfect for our needs as we didn't stick around much. Bathroom was a good size and kept clean. The only complaint I would have is about the key system, with only one per room.

We stayed in a room with ten people and there was rubbish everywhere. There was leftover bottles and food, and things in the bathroom that didn't belong to anyone who was staying in the room at the time. The breakfast, though free, is awful. It's cold toast and terrible coffee. The kitchen and bathrooms are dirty and neglected. There is only one key per room, for ten people. It makes no sense and we were locked out on several occasions.