Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

right hostel if you are travelling with your friends to go out. But wrong hostel if you are travelling by yourself and want to make new friends. there is no gathe rpoint, no activities organised by the hostel.

Fine for the price. No aircon in the room though. Bed is quite small and a bit hard.

Left stuff on bed it was gone when i went back, bed had been cleaned. Had stayed on wrong bed. I believe that the cleaners took the stuff from the bed when they were cleaning the bed maybe thinking it was left behind. told staff who were useless.the stuff included was clothes and a tootbrush it was no use to anyone else. AVOID unless you want want your stuff taken probably by staff.

• 24th Jun 2015

Loved Gogartys! I met some really cool people and the location is perfect. The shower in my room was either scalding hot or freezing cold, but one of my roommates who had stayed in several rooms there said it had only happened in room 22. The location is perfect, and I'll stay there again next time I'm in Dublin.

• 22nd Jun 2015

A great location in Temple Bar, the Hostel is superbly priced. My only issues were that in our room (43) only one of the four power sockets were working making charging our various phones a struggle. Also the window in the bathroom wasn't enough to get air into the room so at night it would get very stuffy with 6 people and the balcony door was missing the bolt handle so couldn't be opened. Still loved my stay though and would come again.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

My only recommendations would be 1) to have a lockable bin for the number of beds available. My room had 10 beds, but only 7 bins, so some people were not able to lock valuables away. 2) my bed didnt have a light in it, while 8/10 of the beds in the room did. I thought it would have been nice foe reading in the evening after some were sleeping. Otherwise, it was a fabulous stay, I have no real complaints. The beds were comfortable, and clean. The staff was great, and I had such a good time.

The location of this hostel was fantastic, right in the middle of the Temple Bar disctrict. The bed was not the most comfortable thing in the world (you could feel the metal bars of the frame through it), but I never expect much when staying at a hostel. There was only one shower for our room, which had ten people in it, which was kind of annoying. I would definitely stay here again, the location is too good to pass up and the bar next door is fantastic.

This is an excellent place to stay if you're looking to party, but not if you want to sleep. The music goes on next door 'til 2:30am, which is not ideal if your train gets in at midnight and you just want to crash, but it is ideal if you need to be in stumbling distance from a late night out. The walls are definitely not soundproof so bring ear plugs. Our room had no working outlets, which was annoying because no one could charge phones. The free breakfast was a nice perk. Friendly staff.

+: Our 8-mixed w/ en-suite was large enough and the beds were clean and relatively comfortable. Breakfast is basic, but adequate for the cost (free!). Location is great, right in Temple Bar near Trinity College, Grafton Street, etc. Staff was helpful and offered to hold our bags. Each guest now gets a key card. -: No lockers at all in the room and only very small lockers available downstairs. Bathroom was dirty and the shower was either freezing or scalding. Fine for the price!

For me it was the first experience and I can say very positive, I chose this one to not be alone as well as in large hotels. Therefore I recommend anyone who lives alone in life for me not to be alone and still feel the youth and warmth and thus prove true emotions with others.

• 4th Jun 2015

Great location.

I staid for a week here and the staff was perfect all the way down to the cleaning woman. Grocery stores around the corner and pub every way you turn , but it gets loud on the streets after five so get ready !

1 2 3 4 Next » last »