Om Ganesh Hostel Reviews

130/1 t bantai ampha kohphangan, om ganesh sun set side haad rin, Koh Phangan, Thailand

This hostel was awful. It was filthy. The staff would barge into the rooms every morning and turn the lights on to see if anyone had more than one person in their bed so they could charge them 1000 baht. The mattresses were worse than sleeping on concrete and the pillows may as well have been sand bags. We cut our stay short (but still had to pay for the entire stay) due to the foul conditions. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

thank you very much for your reviews ,i think how to start and how to end. i dont no for reply your reviews . offecource we charge 1000 baht. people from out if they dont stay in our hostel . that is security reasons.and you have to pay for 3 night.even you cut one night. becouse we have around full moon party minimum stay 3 night for everybody, also you know very well. for pillows and mattresses we have clean all the time if you dont paint and dirty your self .

We stayed here for the last full moon party, so naturally paid a ridiculous amount of money. Aside from this, the hostel is nice- the dorms are fairly small, but have good air con and are very sociable. Towels are provided, as well as a voucher book providing a free meal, bucket and various discounts, which was very good. We met lots of people and thought the staff were very welcoming. The only downside is that one employee comes into every room at 8am & wakes you up by switching on the light.

My last night was the full moon! This hostel definitely provided me what I was looking for (meeting people and security)! The staff is excellent...one of the guys took me to the boat in his bike (full speed) because I awake very late (thanks guys!)! Summing is a reaaaly nice hostel, if you are not on a budget definitely come here otherwise try to look for another (it is true they offer 1 dinner and 1 bucket, but for this price I was expecting some breakfast and not having such a small room!).

Very nice hostel. Fantastic location 5 min walk to full moon party, 30 sec walk from haadrin pier where ferry drops you off. Lots of restaurants, shops on the same street! Owners are lovely especially Raj and his cat!

AMAZING STAY! The owner is awesome and literally personally guards the front door and fights off intruders - super secure and super friendly travellers!

They were absolutely lovely! They carried our bags, they accommodated for every need- really great experience. In return for your custom you receive free tea and coffee, a free Indian buffet before the full moon and discount vouchers for their brother restaurant and shop.

• 29th Apr 2015

AMAZING staff, very helpful despite not speaking the best English. Clean dorms, AC works well, more than enough toilets and showers with hot water, free tea/coffee and water refill, delicious Indian Buffet the night before Full Moon party and free buckets the night of Full Moon. Also a great place to meet other travelers.

Good Location, Close to the Beach and Pier. Rooms were okay. Free Indian Buffet one day before the Full Moon Party. Overall a good stay!!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Overall I enjoyed my stay at om Ganesh. The location is great because it's a 5 min walk from full moon and the beach. Air con, indian dinner buffet, free body paint, and free bucket make this a good deal. Only negative is that beds are rock hard.

Definitely check out their restaurant, you get 10% off and it's the best Indian food I had. Not the best hostel you'll ever stay at but good if you just wanna check out the full moon party and meet lots of people while hanging out in the front of the hostel. Also the staff is really nice

If you are going in FullMoon's party period, you will love it, amazing staff, amazing parties in the hostel, very clean and organized.

Totally overpriced, scruffy, loud and noisy.

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

thank you very much for your reviews , sorry every body paying 1800 baht for three night minimum stay around full moon party . i think that is not big price for what i give free dinner free bucket body paint and all the time free tea and coffee. and drinking water. even your all go to beach you carry water from my hostel to expend all day on the beach . why you dont responce that, i think after you leave from here you forget all. even i make only party music on the full moon night.

Awesome owner and staff, close to everything, lots of good people staying at the hostel during my time there, no problems with safety/theft, and really good times for full moon party.

• 3rd Mar 2015

I Iiked to stay in this hostel. They gave us free bucket of thai whiskey, free paint for the full moon party and there was a free indian food buffet. It's very well located, very close to the pier and just a 5 minute walk from the full moon party beach. The only complain I have about this hostel is the hardness of the bed. It was almost like sleeping on the floor. Don't take me wrong, I love hard mattress but I wouldn't consider this beds had mattresses at all. Would stay again anyway.

Couldn't have chose a better hostel to stay at for Full Moon Party, here for 4 nights and would definitely have stayed longer if I had not already booked an outbound flight. Staff were very friendly, provided food night before Full Moon for everyone, and set up chairs and tables out the front for pre drinking and body painting, which really bought everyone together like a big, drunken OmGanesh family. Stay here for a great time. Security great too, individual dorm keys! Highly recommended!