Om Ganesh Hostel Reviews

130/1 t bantai ampha kohphangan, om ganesh sun set side haad rin, Koh Phangan, Thailand

If you're fine with not having much privacy - beds are only separated by a small curtain - this is definitely one of the places to stay when planning to attend a Full Moon Party. The music in front of the hostel was better than at some locations at the beach.

Best hostel in Koh Phangan! :)

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Norway

Close to full moon and good atmosphere. Otherwise, facilities were poor (esp. beds and blankets) and staff was unhelpful. Attempt to nickel and dime you for small things, and even tried to avoid paying me back my security deposit.

When I booked this accommodation on Hostelworld they requested a 5 nights minimum stay which I did. When I got there they said it was a 3 night minimum stay but that I couldn't change it now. Also the nights after new years were cheaper for walk-ins that when booked online. I would suggest them to be more transparent on this. Also when I checked in the person at the reception was under the influence and would be hostile to my petition to get a lower bunk bed.

Location is perfect perfect perfect - walking distance to main beach... in the middle of all the action!. Prices are steep but what can you expect for Full Moon. Nice outdoor common area. Staff are kind of grumpy - owner doesn't smile very much...

Had a great time staying here! Met lovely people, excellent location (close to full moon beach party) and staff was very friendly!! Delicious Indian buffet included and free paint buckets for night of full moon.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Bonne hôtel situé à quelque minutes de la plage . Les lieux sont propre mais en fais journée les sanitaires laisse à désirer surtout qu on doit marcher pied nu à l'intérieur de l'hôtel. Les dortoirs sontpropres, les matelas sont super dure

Very nice hostel with really nice staff who will who will make your stay the best as possible. I have been taken to nice parties, nice beaches and had the time of my life. The hostel has 24 hour security service and free lockers.If you go to koh phagang stay in Om ganesh hostel.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Fantastic staff, great atmosphere, and very close to the beach. Had a great time, thanks!

Namasteee. The place to be in phangan.realy nice place near to beach and pier.its good that caffe and tea it's like day long and I rent the cheapest motorbike in the island and make a day trip with stuff and other quest around island of phangan.it was a locker nd security all time so I don't worry about my personal stuff.thank you very very much for you incredible hospitality I love you all and see you again sooooon

• 1st Dec 2015

I had a very nice experience at Om Ganesh Hostel! It is a cool place in a good location, relatively close to the beach. The staff was awesome! They were very helpful and friendly. It is a great place for people who enjoy partying into the night or people who just want chill out and relax. If I find myself ever returning to this part of the world, I will most definitely be staying here again. Great place!

• 30th Nov 2015

Perfect location - close to restaurants, shops and full moon party beach. Helpful and friendly staff. Beds are rock hard but you get used to it!

Fantastic Hostel! I'm a travel agent from New Zealand and have travelled Asia extensively now. This has one of the best atmospheres and the staff are amazing! They are always willing to help. The Indian buffet dinner was awesome as well! I'd love to work there myself!

I had really really nice time in Om Ganesh hostel . I stay there for a few days but I felt so comfortable and friendly with the staff like at home ! The place is near the Fool moon party beach so I don t needed to take any taxis witch save me a lot of money ! I recommend for all the adventures traverse :)

My stay at Om Ganesh hostel was amazing, the people and the atmosphere make you relax and spend a lovely holiday !!! The place it's on the main street , so you have absolutely everything really close . On the beach you can go to have fun and listen to good music from the bars or go in on of the many party which happens around....I definitely will visit again ....

the hostel is on the perfect location near to the pier and the bech,The new menagers are incredible nice and show me a lo of hiden nice places around the island,,also i rent a motorbike here and make a day trip around the Phangan,,also they give free drinnks for th party and free caffe and diner. Thaks you so much that you made my holiday a real paridise,,,I see you again for sure

Thank you Raj for the best hostel I've ever stayed in Asia. I love you very much, and the rest of the great crew. HIGHLY recommend this place !

Great location ideal for full moon . Friendly helpful staff - Indian buffet was excellent. Good strong wifi. Very secure with staff sleeping at the door. In a 14 bed dorm there was 3 plug sockets which was a pain, but the major downfall of this place is the beds. Without a doubt the most uncomfortable beds we have ever slept on. It would be impossible to get to sleep unless you are heavily intoxicated (Which luckily we were) but even in these drunken states we found ourselves waking up in pain

• 27th Aug 2015