Osaka Municipal Nagai Youth Hostel Reviews

1-1 Nagai Koen Higashisumisyoshi-ku, Osaka, Japan

Had one of the staff ANGRILY ORDER me to show my receipt when I said I was starting another night, and when I finally gave it to her another staff just pointed to my name in their books. Seriously? Then about a hundred kids were packed in one night for sports stuff, running and screaming around. Great lockers, interesting stadium, decent beds, public onsen, have to hand in keys when leave, lockout curfew, a bit far from downtown and nearest station, sheets had blood stains.

I’ve never been in a place so restrictive and control freak ! They tell you when you have to sleep, when you can take a shower (shared place)… They control who is in the hostel by taking your keys when you go out, because the hostel is close from 10 to 3 every day ! So if you need a rest or you are sick, no choice to go out for 5 hours ! And with the curfew, forget the nightlife ! You have to pay for cooking and register to have internet. A place to avoid only because of these crazy rules !

The staff was immensely patient and courteous. I arrived more than half an hour late past curfew and, after promptly responding to my hastily sent email, there was still someone there to welcome me. Directions to the location were clear, access from the train station was easy, and the facilities were decent and clean. Easily the best hostel I've stayed at so far. Thanks for the great experience! 最高のホステルの経験をさせてくれて、本当にありがとうございました!お世話になりました!

• 30th Mar 2015

Really good experience. Secure and clean. I would skip the hostel meals and find food in the surrounding neighborhood though.

Loved how friendly and helpful the staff were. Bed was comfy, shower was warm. There was nothing I was not happy with.