PangeaPeople Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Karl-Liebknecht-Strasse 34, Berlin, Germany

This is a very well-managed hostel, in a good location for travelling around Berlin. However I would not recommend it for travellers, given the lack of a kitchen and strict rules such as not being allowed to take alcohol into your rooms. There were large groups of young school children staying while we were there, which gave the impression it is not particularly young adult friendly. Facilities such as bathrooms were extremely well managed and kept clean, but we had issues with the wifi.

• 22nd Mar 2014

I don't think you will be able to get this kind of value for money anywhere in the City Centre of Berlin. Rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable, the showers were the cleanest I have seen in a hostel.Breakfast buffet is offered in the hostel bar, which is a great place to hang out and meet other travelers. Staff makes sure that you have everything you need and is quite friendly. Rooms are all named after cities and include a poster of those cities, which I thought was pretty cool.

Clean place, great location, secure. Staff could give more tips about the city. Breakfast and wifi are charged apart.

Very comfortable stay.I would definatly recommend staying here.

Everything was good, except the wifi was quite bad in our room at the end of the hallway. Overall though, pretty clean, good atmosphere, enjoyed our stay.

There was a lot of people in the corridor doing noise at 1 am.I told the staff and the went to their room, but again at 2 am i need to tell the staff cause the guys were in the corridor again doing noise

2nd time staying there, will always stay there when I visit Berlin.

Lacking a kitchen

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Switzerland

At first when I arrived at my room, I found the blankets dirty with blood. That was creepy disgusting. And the WIFi signal is terrible, sucks. We have to pay 1€ for the internet that doesn't work at all, even around the place they say it's suppose to work. The staff are pretty cool and helpful, except for one short blond guy who was kinda rude when the talk came to alcohol.

The location is the best thing quality of this hostel. I stayed during the New Year's and was too much expensive. The wi-fi is payed (1 euro per day) and never works well. The staff is ok, but there is just a guy (but can't remember his name) that was really rude when I asked about value of the key deposit refund (I couldn't remember how much I'd payed for the key deposit, so I asked him and he gave me a rude answer). The bathrooms were always dirty when I took shower.

Not only you will have to pay for the Wi-fi, but it will also not work. And there is no plugs in the room. Besides that, and the sometimes-in-a-bad-mood staff, everything was perfect.

The bathrooms were not always so clean, and we have issues with the showers. the stuff of the bar was very gently ;)

Great deal for your money! Excellent location, bathroom and bedroom very clean, staff very friendly and efficient! There were only 2 bad points: You have to pay for internet and I`m quite sure there was no kitchen (even though I didn`t ask for it). Apart from that, great experience!

• 22nd Nov 2013

Nice stuff, location is more than good for that price. Highly recommended! :))

I really enjoyed my stay at pangeapeople. The staff were very helpful especially in the bar. the location was fantastic, and the food in the bar was great - very cheap and tasty! My only criticism is that you have to pay for the WIFI and then it doesn't work.