Peniche Surf Lodge Reviews

Rua Casal de Viola 6, Papoa, Peniche, Portugal

Amazing! Can't wait to go back!

• 27th Jul 2015

Lovely hostel more like sharing a large house. Very clean and modern. The owners were very nice people. Very helpful.

• 26th Jul 2015

What a result! Considering we picked this place last minute when we were in Lisbon. It had a great write-up so we booked it. I'm so glad we did. Duncan and Claire are the most accomodating people I've ever met. They picked us up from the station, gave us a lift to the beach every day and Claire even drove us to Lisbon airport to catch our flights home! The surf lodge is chilled and cozy, the facilities are fantastic and the location is great. Duncan's a great surf teacher as well. Legend!

• 19th Jul 2015

Thank you Claire & Duncan for an awesome stay, we made tons of new friends and felt like the kings of surfing with Duncan the best instructor ever! I'll definitely come back :)

It was a pleasure to stay at the Surf Lodge. Claire and Duncan made everything possible. The hostel was very clean, it has a good location, really quiet, so we had a couple of good nights! The hostel is like a family, everybody is hanging out with each other and having a good laugh. If I'm around I will definitely stop by again!

• 3rd Jul 2015

This lodge is amazing. Definitely a nice break from hostels. Felt like a family living in a house, was sad to leave! Recommend this place for sure!

Claire and Duncan are the friendliest and nicest people all across Peniche. We stayed just for two nights but it was awesome. Duncan even gave us a private surfing lesson, possibility to rent boards and wetsuits for the day. Facilities great and bathrooms get cleaned every day! Overall very good hostel, without hesitation would book again :-)

A fantastic place to stay. Highly recommend to anyone looking to surf in Portugal, or wanting a relaxed place away from the major cities. The opportunities to surf are tailored to your abilities - the learner lessons are taught in small groups with plenty of attention, or you can head over to Supertubos with the owner and/or his son (who is a sponsored surfer). Or just park yourself on the beach. The lodge has a great, relaxed atmosphere (it is not a hostel), and is close to all amenities.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay n surf

Could not recommend the lodge enough. You will undoubtedly be well looked after! Claire and Duncan are two of the most genuine people you'll meet, with a huge passion for the beach and the surf. Duncan drove us to the beach everyday where we'd set up camp and surf most of the time. They have a huge range of boards and wetties to hire, also there a a couple of bikes if you feel like going for a cruise. It was always super clean and theres two big supermarkets near by open until late. Good vibes!

Amazing experience and great hostel. A great place to catch some waves and chill out. Claire was awesome and very helpful. They will take you from the hostel to the beach with the best waves for free! Everything is super clean and the kitchen and common area are great. If you have a chance stay here!

I have never felt so comfortable in a hostel! Claire was an absolute pleasure! Very accommodating and I was sad to leave. I would return in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity. I highly recommend anyone travelling through Peniche stay at this beautiful getaway! I cannot say enough amazing things about this "hostel". Thanks for the great experience Claire!

The most welcoming and helpful owners who made sure our stay was everything we wanted. They were very updated on where to surf each day and were happy to show us around. We stayed in one of the privates and it was a nice room with an average standard, still it had everything we needed. The only downside was the humidity in the room which made it rather cold this time of year. Breakfast was included but simple, although good enough. Thanks Claire & Duncan for making our stay in Peniche the best!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

It was a pleasure to host you both you too are a lovely couple ,thankyou for choosing to stay with us over the festive time ,we had amazing gorgeous sun shine and great surf for you so we are very happy you enjoyed your stay ,this did however make it quite cold at night but please let me just add for our future guests knowledge ,heating is provided also dehumidifiers in each room ,Peniche is very humid because of being surrounded by the ocean ,but we are very blessed with such beautiful scenery

Hands down the best place i have stayed! Scored waves at supers and even if there wasnt going to be Duncan knew of other potential spots to go! Hands down greatest place in europe Joe from usa

Very popular with surfies - walk to surf beach. Staff very helpful and friendly. Good fish and chicken eating close by.

Great lodging with good kitchen and excellent atmosphere. Location is excellent. Possible to surf every day and be dropped off/picked up by the owner but be warned - it is not cheap! The dorm room is far too crowded and that makes the room messy and stuffy. Attracts a cool crowd and so the atmosphere is awesome.

Thankyou for your great review and comments ,just for our future guests knowledge we would like to add that our dorm room is cleaned and freshened everyday even at busy times ,there is plenty of space,some of the guests may be a bit untidy with their belongings we encourage them to keep their area tidy and clean if not we do it in respect of the others .We are also one of the few hostels that offer such a service of taking guests to the beach and picking them up again sometimes twice a day free

Awesome place. Great people. Nice place to get away from city travel. It was clean. The one thing that was a bit of a nuisance was the bunk beds that sway and creak. Other than that, it was definitely one of the highlights of my trip. I wish I stayed longer!

Thankyou for your amazing review and coming to stay with us we also appreciate any comments about the comfort of our guests, we have noted this about the bunk beds and are already planning to change them to more solid and more comfortable beds in our up and coming quieter months ,thanks again hope to see you again soon .Best Regards.

Honestly the best hostel I've stayed in, can not recommend it highly enough. After months of travelling and moving around, staying at the peniche surf lodge felt like I had found myself a home away from home. Claire and Duncan are amazing hosts/people who go above and beyond for their guests. Will most definitely be back in the future! :)

Superb place to have any holiday and excellent for surfers of all abilities and none. Duncan and Claire make you feel at home from start to finish and Duncan takes a real interest in your surfing from lessons through to picking out the best spots for you. Could not recommend a place higher than this.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Nice, cosy hostel, with all facilities. Great for surfing. I was travelling by bike and was there for 2 nights. I could get my clothes washed and the host did everything to get it dry before I moved on. Thank you for that ! It felt if I was at home, with my friends.. When I compare this hostel with others I found the breakfast a bit simple.

• 20th Sep 2014