Peniche Surf Lodge Reviews

Rua Casal de Viola 6, Papoa, Peniche, Portugal

Very popular with surfies - walk to surf beach. Staff very helpful and friendly. Good fish and chicken eating close by.

Great lodging with good kitchen and excellent atmosphere. Location is excellent. Possible to surf every day and be dropped off/picked up by the owner but be warned - it is not cheap! The dorm room is far too crowded and that makes the room messy and stuffy. Attracts a cool crowd and so the atmosphere is awesome.

Thankyou for your great review and comments ,just for our future guests knowledge we would like to add that our dorm room is cleaned and freshened everyday even at busy times ,there is plenty of space,some of the guests may be a bit untidy with their belongings we encourage them to keep their area tidy and clean if not we do it in respect of the others .We are also one of the few hostels that offer such a service of taking guests to the beach and picking them up again sometimes twice a day free

Awesome place. Great people. Nice place to get away from city travel. It was clean. The one thing that was a bit of a nuisance was the bunk beds that sway and creak. Other than that, it was definitely one of the highlights of my trip. I wish I stayed longer!

Thankyou for your amazing review and coming to stay with us we also appreciate any comments about the comfort of our guests, we have noted this about the bunk beds and are already planning to change them to more solid and more comfortable beds in our up and coming quieter months ,thanks again hope to see you again soon .Best Regards.

Honestly the best hostel I've stayed in, can not recommend it highly enough. After months of travelling and moving around, staying at the peniche surf lodge felt like I had found myself a home away from home. Claire and Duncan are amazing hosts/people who go above and beyond for their guests. Will most definitely be back in the future! :)

Superb place to have any holiday and excellent for surfers of all abilities and none. Duncan and Claire make you feel at home from start to finish and Duncan takes a real interest in your surfing from lessons through to picking out the best spots for you. Could not recommend a place higher than this.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Nice, cosy hostel, with all facilities. Great for surfing. I was travelling by bike and was there for 2 nights. I could get my clothes washed and the host did everything to get it dry before I moved on. Thank you for that ! It felt if I was at home, with my friends.. When I compare this hostel with others I found the breakfast a bit simple.

• 20th Sep 2014

I originally booked 2 nights here and ended up staying over a week! Everything about the place is brilliant and Claire and Duncan do so much to make sure everyone is looked after! It feels like being part of the family! As a female solo traveler I felt safe and secure and the social atmosphere made it easy to make friends! The surf equipment available to hire is great quality and they will drive you to the best surf beaches! Thank you so much and I will be back here again without a doubt!

Great hostel with great surfing gear to rent. Claire and Duncan is super friendly, hostel is close to everything you need and the other people staying are open and friendly. I learnt more on Duncans surf lesson than any of the once with a camp a week before. Me and my friend shared a double bed room with shared bathroom on the second floor which was next to the living room. If you are going to sleep early and people are talking this could be an issue. Just a tip and the only thing to consider.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Can't rate this place highly enough. Clare and Duncan are the best hosts, they picked (and dropped) us at the bus station with an amazing welcoming hug. Duncan gave us a huge amount of guidance when it came to surfing, his knowledge and patience is second to none. The lodge is so homely and has great facilities. It is close to the beach, town centre and very close to a huge supermarket. We extended our stay and wish we could have stayed even longer.

Really enjoyed our stay. Hosts were very generous and welcoming. Claire answered any and all questions. Duncan was a great surf teacher. Hosts offered free transportation, which was truly appreciated. Had a great time!

Lovely stay in Peniche. The Staf Claire and Dunkan did a fabolous job for their guests. Everything for a great experience and trip in Peniche. We got to rent surfbords, lessons and so on wery cheap and always got lift to the beach with the rest of the hostel guests. The city is lovely! The beach, small fishcity with the harbor and you van go on different daytrips. We went to the berlinga-Island to snorkel! And have fresch seafood dinner in the sunset in Peniche! (Ask Claire it Dunkan):))!

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The best accommodation I have found so far. Duncan and Claire really went out of their way to make our stay as easy and carefree as possible. Picked up from the bus station, wide selection or surfboards and wetsuits and a ride to the beach with the best conditions on the day. Really felt like we were staying at a friends house rather than a lodge. Great recently renovated property with everything you could ask for. Highly highly recommended!!! - Team Tychung

Really nice people, had an absolute blast and looking forward to returning!

Just an awesome stay! Had a great time and would definitely come back to hunt waves!!

We loved staying at your place had an awesome time! Already recommended your place to a friend of mine..

Duncan and Clair are super nice and helpful.

This is the best lodge/hostel I have ever stayed at. Claire and Duncan are extremely helpful and both lovely people. The accommodation is excellent, especially the private rooms. The lodge is well maintained and always clean. I couldn't fault this lodge. Thanks Claire and Duncan !!

• 6th Apr 2014

If you are looking for an awesome place to stay, in a great location in Peniche, this is the place. The surfing here was amazing, and Duncan (the host) was awesome at taking us around to different spots to find the best waves. Had an amazing time here and I can't recommend it enough

Great lodge, clean with really good facilities, great location and fantastic staff who go out of their way to ensure you have a good trip. Overall I would highly recommend Peniche Surf Lodge.

Awesome help from Claire and Duncan. Great surf! Definitely coming back!

• 13th Nov 2013