Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

Very nice, I didn't have to sleep in bunk beds, but instead there were four single beds in the room. I didn't see lockers but didn't ask. There were dressers in the room, as well as a microwave, fridge and sink. Great location, very cute kitchen area. The staff were friendly and ready to help. I would stay here again!

Great location, excellent value for money, nice homely atmosphere. I arrived very early at 7am as my flight arrived in London at 5.30am, just planned to leave my luggage and check in later in the afternoon, and I was offered breakfast - very thoughtful. I would definitely stay here again.

I thought the Pickwick was ideal for what I wanted. And it is impeccably clean! Loved the location, the staff who are very helpful and room, which was the same as one gets around Russell Square. Recommend!

• 18th Jun 2014

Location is excellent, this is an old fashion decoration building, the furniture are antiques, so the mattress might be ages ago, not that comfy though, but other bits are great.

Pickwick Hall had all I needed and more: good sleep, good shower, good internet, fine kitchen, calm atmosphere and a pleasant welcome: thank you.

Pickwick Hall was very secure and in a great location; about a 7 minute walk from the British Museum. Staff were friendly, and the place was quiet and relaxing. A complimentary toast and cereal breakfast was available.

I cannot say enough good things about Pickwick! The staff were so friendly and accommodating. They prepared our 3-person room for us early when had an earlier than norm check in, and the beds we slept in to be the most comfortable of any hostel I stayed I my whole trip. It is an older buliding, but very clean with an amazing location! Just a 15-20 min walk to the Phoenix theatre with a pick up site for the " Original bus tour" just down the street. Incredible value. Definitely coming back!

• 27th May 2014

Very good location, very friendly-staff and a useful microwave in the room! Absolutely value for money. I will definitely choose to stay at Pickwick next time in London.

The experience about those days we stayed at PIckwick Hall were really great! Wonderful location and wonderful room!

• 25th May 2014
  • Taiwan

The hostel is a great find in a very central location. Everything is included in the price including towels and a simple breakfast. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here on my next visit to London.

It is a nice hostel in a good Location and the highlight is a great view from the breakfast table. Disdurbing was the false fire Alarm. Nevertheless, A nice place for a Weekend trip.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Austria

Nice hostel. Fantastic location. Supermarkets nearby. The bathroom was clean. I stayed in 4-bed female room and loved the window with a garden view. You could hear birds singing in the morning! The staff was a bit inconsistent. The gentleman who first showed me around and the Indian (?) young lady were very nice. The older lady on the last day seemed to have issues understanding English and operating a payment terminal. I would have loved some orange juice or at least some water in the morning.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Belgium

This was a charming house-like hostel. Our room was private and included a sink, each floor shared toilets/showers. The room included a refrigerator and microwave, which allowed us to not eat out every meal. Breakfast was included and was served in the kitchen; breakfast consisted of cold cereals, toast, coffee (amazing!), and tea.The staff was really friendly and took care of booking us a cab to take us to the airport. The only downfall was the thin windows and street noise during the night.

• 22nd May 2014

This is a nice quiet hostel, nice location. only five minutes from Holborn station. superb.

Good lacation, clean and staff very kind!

• 17th May 2014

Very clean, taken care of and friendly environment in a very central location!

Pickwick Hall is quiet and classy, in a great location (between Holborn and Russell Square), few blocks from British Museum. The staff is very kind and Patrick the owner is a very nice guy. The rooms are wide and clean , and the price ( you're in London!!!) is quite affordable.! I recommend 100% the Hostel.

Good cooking facility, good free WiFi. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The tap is well secured and only hot water is supplied. It can be easily improved.

Excellent location, good value for money, friendly staff, comfortable beds, clean linen and plenty of towels. Only issue was some other guests leaving at about 4am - chattering, banging doors, yelling about taxis. But that wasn't the hostels fault. Maybe bring ear plugs if you're a light sleeper as there are a number of hotels on the road, and guests walking back late maybe a little loud after a few beers but its not a big problem. Basic breakfast - cereal, toast, tea & coffee but plenty of it!

Perfect localization and the staff is very polite. My suggestion would be an improvement at the facilities. Some rooms have furnitures in poor conditions... I was not able to use them due to that.

• 7th May 2014