Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

Pickwick Hall was an excellent choice. Very secure rooms as well as a security pad for entrance into the building. Great water pressure and very clean bathrooms/showers. Breakfast and coffee/tea were provided every morning we were here. Free WiFi with good connection and service. Very comfortable beds. Warm atmosphere. Extremely hospitable staff-- emailed me directions to the hostel from the airport and even provided a charger as ours did not work. Would absolutely stay here again!!!

• 8th Nov 2015

Thank you. We hope that you return soon.

I really enjoyed Pickwick Hall. The staff was super friendly. The owner greeted me in the morning and made me a personal cup of french-pressed coffee. The location is nice and close to alot of good things. It's not a super lively atmosphere but it's still close to alot of bars.

• 6th Nov 2015

Another excellent stay at Pickwick Hall. The staff are friendly and have great dinner reservations, the coffee is delicious, and the location is perfect.

Thank you for commenting on our real coffee (I do not like instant). I am glad that you found our suggestions for dinner helpful; we do try to know what is good in our area, and sometimes further afield.

Neighbourhood is quiet and safe with a few more hotels along the street. Very near to British Museum.

Refreshing change for real beds in a hostel, rather than bunk beds. Nice to get breakfast included with the price - makes it v good value. Great location, easy to find. The bathroom in my room could do with having the silicone re-done - it was really quick black from mould. It's a quick and cheap job that would really elevate the appearance.

• 2nd Nov 2015

Thank you for commenting on our real beds (that is, not bunk beds). As you say, most hostels have bunks. We will renovate the bathroom seals as you suggest.

Very comfortable experience.

• 30th Oct 2015

Neat wee place, quiet neighbourhood, has everything you need for a pleasant night's stay.

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Really enjoyed our stay, such a good location to walk to a lot of the sites around London. Very helpful and went above and beyond for us. Would love to stay again.

Furnishings were very old, some even a bit trashy. Not well lit and really cluttered. Bed was very uncomfortable. Beautiful location but interior was a huge disappointment.

A top place to stay only comment re staff is girl would forget to replace soap, toilet paper etc occasionally but only had to ask and once they understood supplied items no problem.

Great, great hostel! Exactly what a central London hostel should be: clean, quiet, friendly, safe. I love my visits to Pickwick Hall!

This hostel has a fantastic location, and the price is very reasonable. The room (4 beds) was surprisingly big (for a London hotel/hostel), and there were no bunk beds. The hostel is quiet, and there is a decent kitchen for guests to cook in, as well as a fridge in the rooms. I didn't find the breakfast interesting, and didn't eat it, but it is the same as most places offering free continental breakfast.

Patrick went out of his way to welcome guests and give local advice for travelling about the city. Paula also did a great job being there to welcome guests who arrived in the evenings. Enjoyed my stay throughout. The only improvement I would suggest would be a minor upgrade of the bathrooms if this were possible.

I really enjoyed this hostel and would love to return. Its location is perfect, the people were very nice and the facilities were very clean. The only downside was that there was little possibility to lock up your valuables during the day (no lockers where you can bring your own lock). There are only a few safes for rent, they might all be in use. Nothing was stolen and the hostel felt very safe, but it would be great if the hostel could add some lockers.

Absolutely fantastic staff. Very welcoming. A real port in a storm. Thank you

• 16th Sep 2015

The staff was wonderful and helpful. The hostel was extremely clean and I mean extremely clean. The location was great, with in walking distance to the British museum and the metro and many pubs :)

Clean and excellent ensuite room, very close to British museum, and friendly stuffs

• 8th Sep 2015
  • China

We loved staying here!

The place was nice, very close to the national station, a bus stop, the british museum. But facilities were very bad, hair dryer was broken and since lever was broken it was difficult to flow the water in the toilet.

• 4th Sep 2015
  • Japan

Great location in a very central residential area. A very quiet and friendly place. The sleep quality is very good, breakfasts are nice, and host and stuff are very helpful. The best hostel I ever stayed in London.