Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

Great place. Excellent location and real friendly,easy-going family atmosphere. It has the sweet charm of these old Bloomsbury houses. Don't expect anything trendy but that's why it is different from many hostels. It's very clean too. If you want to go pub crawling, it isn't for you. I'm going back in March.

All the staff have been very friendly and helpful through out my staying- will definitely recommend it to others!

Can't beat the location.

• 8th Jan 2014

The staff was very nice and helpful. The hostel is very well located.

Great location

Very well located. Friendly staff, I got sick during my stay in London, she prepared me a soup!!! Good Breakfast.

very nice and can make friend there

• 24th Dec 2013
  • China

Bedrooms and common areas very quiet and clean. Showers ok (small, old, dirty towel on the floor). Staff mixed - one girl Sadia completely lovely :) The other a bit abrupt at times. No bunk beds which was nice. So close to the British Museum, a posh area so very safe and pleasant. A restrained atmosphere, and hard to get to know people which I found I didn't like so much compared to other hostels I had been, but very "British" I guess! Other than that, the atmosphere was quite charming.

The staff was really kind and helpful and the atmosphere was very calm, wich is exactly what I wanted. The room was warm (in winter is important) and there was always hot water, that in other hostels is usually a problem. The price compare to other locations in London is reasonable.

• 12th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Homely, but a tad messy and someone really should fix that alarm at the front door. Place was nice, central, but not ridiculously loud.

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

Brilliant location and very helpful staff.

Really nice staff. Patrick gave us directions and because our flight was late he kept track of when we were going to arrive. English breakfast included. Great location. Free wifi that worked without problems. Might be cold during the winter, because there was quite a draft from the window.

• 18th Oct 2013
  • Sweden

Extremely clean (bathrooms cleaned every day), very friendly and accommodating staff, great breakfast, and convenient location. Gave us breakfast on the morning of arrival and prepared our room early (9am). Would stay here again.

Everything about this hostal was just great. Good location, nice (quite) neighbourhood, good facilities, CLEAN, all in all very good value. Great for couples or people who dont like crowded noisy hostels.

• 15th Sep 2013
  • Couple, 41+

I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm with ensuite. Room was the largest room I've ever stay in at a hostel, with single beds (no bunks!!), a fridge and microwave, table and desk. Breakfast was average, but you can use the kitchen to store extras eg yoghurt and fruit. Location is perfect! Staff were really friendly and more than accommodating. Would definitely stay here again!!

Really enjoyed staying at this hostel. Quiet and in a great location. Room and bath were very clean and comfortable.

We appreciated a lot our journey. Good place, very good situation, very good price. Thanks a lot.

• 9th Sep 2013

Lovely hostel, quite an old place that needs a lot of TLC, but the room and bathrooms felt clean and comforting. The cold tap in our room was broken and the hot tap a bit 'wobbly' but again can't really complain- a lovely hostel in a brilliant location that was safe, comfy and warm.

We felt very welcomed by all the staff of the hostel and the breakfast is definitely a plus. The hostel is located in a nice and safe neighborhood and it is close to the center. Nevertheless, we were disapointed with the lack of space of our room and its cleanliness (the sheets had some stains). Overall, we had a pleasent stay at the hostel and we would recommend it!

I really enjoyed staying at Pickwall Hall. Such an amazing location (1 block from British Museum) and you get what you pay for. My boyfriend and I stayed in a private room and shared a bathroom with the floor,it was very quiet and never saw anyone. Breakfast is basic but staff is nice. I would highly recommend this hostel. When you are searching for it be sure to look for a small sign on the building. We got a little lost but found it eventually. Will be back to Pickwick hall again!