Pippies Beach House Rainbow Beach Reviews

22 Spectrum Street, PO Box 317, Rainbow Beach, Australia

The rooms are airconditioned and clean. (The tents probably aren't.) The communal kitchen is small and rather dirty. As it is located 50m from the Greyhound bus stop and the Fraser Island pickup stop (the same) and close to the beach it could hardly have a better location.

The greyhound stop is outside the hostel, a staff member still meets you at the stop to welcome you. I stayed in a 4 doorm (surf room) which was clean n the bed was comfy. The bathroom was outside the room n also clean and spacious. I liked that there was a lounge area n ppl could just chill or you could go to the main kitchen n socialise. Shops are close by n so is the beach. luggage storage is for free for the Frazer trip as well but didn't look 100% secure. I would go back!!!!

• 10th Apr 2014

Relaxed and chilled out atmosphere. The hostel is clean and rooms are basic but unfortunately without AC. But nice common area outside to hang around and meet some people. But definitely not a party hostel.

Checked in all ok, went out, when I came back someone's stuff was on my bed, and it had been slept in, my stuff was moved. There were no free beds in the room, went to reception and they said there are 4 of us checked in that room (4 bed dorm) when there was 5 peoples stuff! Staff member went back to reception, thought to sort it out, went back to reception to check, no one to be seen, I had to ask to be moved rooms! No apologies or anything. Staff didnt seem to care. Didn't feel safe here.

Absolutely loved this hostel! Great atmosphere, funky themed rooms with aircon, close to the beach and local shops, free fun activities, lovely staff-I've no complaints at all! I also did my Fraser Island tour with Pippies too and it was amazing! Highly recommend this place!!

Nice hostel in a good location. Staff were friendly and happy to help. I had a four mixed dorm which was standard. No lockers which would help security. Good snowboarding "trip". Good sunset location and steep sand dunes. Overall, good stay.

Good little hostel in rainbow beach. Friendly atmosphere but free wifi was terrible. Could never get it to work, had to walk along the road to peter pans. Rooms were nice for 4 people and tv room was great with choice of movies. Would stay again.

Wifi did not always work and was very slow. Good location, close to everything in town and right outside the Greyhound stop. Quiet hostel in a quiet town, but good for one night before/after Fraser Island.

BEST HOSTEL IN RAINBOW BEACH!! Despite being in a small town there was free Wifi (albeit difficult to connect to), free breakfast, good TV room, and swimming pool. The kitchen wasn't large enough and they didn't have an oven. The staff were awesome and the hostel does a really cheap amazing trip to Fraser Island; one of the best tours I've been on, great people!!

The worst hostel I have stayed in throughout my travels in Australia! It is DIRTY, the staff are unprofessional and useless! The 'free' wifi does not work and the 'included breakfast' is toast. Would not recommend this hostel to anyone unless you take antibacterial spray and cleaner with you because that is what you will need to use on yourself when you leave!

• 21st Feb 2014

Had a nice stay at Pippies. It's no party hostel which I found great.If you want to go for party,just go next door to Dingos. Whole hostel is kept clean,including bathrooms and kitchen. They def.should get new mattresses, they are just awefully soft.Also new locks for most of the doors as it was always a challenge for everybody to get into the room.Could use more atmosphere, they have it all, nice pool,cool backyard,bbq but don't really make anything out of it. Anyways would stay there again.

Nice, friendly and cosy hostel. The Breajfast is deliscious - so much Jam ! and the WiFi usually works as well. Staff is friendly, rooms ab bit too small for a few guests but still very good! Would stay there again. And DO THE FREE SANDY BLOW WALK it will blow your socks of !!

Beds suck, too many people in a room of the size your in, too hot in room, very uncomforble to sleep in, no air circulation.

We stayed in a 4-bed female dorm. The beds were comfy but the place was run down. The room was unbearably hot at night, the free-standing fan did nothing to cool us on the top bunks. Only 2 bathrooms for about 5 rooms & they weren't clean. Staff left the bedroom door wide open with all our stuff in the room. The place was disorganised, breakfast was late, the $5 BBQ ticket said 7:30, when we arrived at 7:28 we were told it had started at 7 and most of the food had been eaten. Free walk was good.

• 24th Jan 2014

We stayed at pippies for one night before going to Fraser Island. The location was good, close to the shops and cafes. The hostel it's self was ok, the room was clean and had air conditioning which was great and the beds were comfy. I feel that the kitchen facilities could of been better and the staff maybe a bit more polite and welcoming. The free walking tour to the sand blow to watch the sunset was good and we got to try out sand boarding too which was fun.

• 19th Jan 2014

Kind of felt like a shack. Room door lead directly into kitchen-it just didn't work. Not for the price.

Pippies is great! Staff is friendly, across the greyhound bus stop, free wifi, good breakfast (way to early though), only the reservation system sucks, which offers daily problems for the staff and guests. And I thought it was weird that I got an e-mail on my second day that I still hadn`t paid, allthough I already paid on arrival.

A very good hostel in the small Rainbow Beach. The dorm for 4 people was very good with a proper air-conditioning that was on during the night time. The kitchen was small but there were enough with cups, plates etc. Free coffee and tea was served throughout the day. The hostel area was very cozy with a pool and outside tables. The staff was very nice and organized small local trips. I really liked the atmosphere at the hostel and would go there again.

Nice hostel in the middle of Rainbow Beach. Includes free breakfast and a free sunset walk with sandboarding, which was good if the weather is so too. Free Wifi was really slow, such that you cannot consider it as a Wifi. Apart from the that, despite that the Hostel is a bit older, it's good.

Was a nice place to stay, but very loud all time because we were just next to the kitchen!

View all Rainbow Beach Hostels