Pippies Beach House Rainbow Beach Reviews

22 Spectrum Street, PO Box 317, Rainbow Beach, Australia

Got upgraded to a smaller dorm room free of charge when we arrived, free tea/coffee 24/7 is a nice touch, although 'real' milk, not powdered would be nicer. OOverall, a nice hostel.

Really nice host to stay in. Only downside is that the wifi is a two hour code so was annoying having to constantly log in. Comfy beds nice shower. Could probably do with more bathrooms. But overall great! Would definitely stay there again.

It's not a party hostel which suited me as I needed some chill out time. Dingos next door is the party hostel! Everything was nice and clean here. Really soft mattresses which was odd, could do with new harder ones. Could do with creating more atmosphere, there is a nice pool, bbq and common areas but don't really do any activities. Anyway, I liked it and would stay again.

Good location opposite greyhound bus stop, free toast for breakfast and free wifi, but couldn't get a hot shower, in need of new mattresses and funky smelling kitchen. Basic accommodation, but did the job before heading to Fraser Island.

Everything that was needed was there but I wouldn't have liked to have been in a room attached to the kitchen

Nice people and Nice campfire but the hostel itself was very average: room was small and pretty dirty, nowhere to put your stuff, only a few kinda dirty bathrooms. Took a shower and had warm water for about 5 minutes. Kitchen was filthy and not well equipped. Wifi was weird: needed to login over and over again. But i dont think the other hostels in rainbow are much better. Might as well skip the place altogether since theres nothing to do.

Really liked this place, we were also able to refund a night which a lot of places dont do. We were able to take a sandboard to the dunes and watch the sunset. The kitchen was small but very clean as were the rooms. Only issue was the lack of plugs in the rooms. The staff were very friendly, especially Wayne who was so lovely! Would stay here again :)

Small hostel for quiet Rainbow Beach. Basic kitchen and facilities. Good TV room with a lot of DVDs to watch. Good for 1 or 2 night stay before/after Fraser Island.

lovely place. It will be my first choice for my next trip.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • China

My room appeared to still be being built when I arrived, with the beds moved to one side and a bloke hammering the wall with no explanation from staff. No bar or fgoid available and the room door was left open all day. I moved to Frasers to get a place that serves food and drink.

There was something in the walls making noise all night, probably a cockroach or something. Rooms filthy and spiders all over the place. Only decent for the night stopover before Fraser. The staff were the redeeming factor. Very very friendly and would go out of their way for you. Check out is far too early but it didn't matter for us since we were heading to Fraser anyway

Dorm room was tiny, not much space for luggage. Not much of an inside area to sit. We stayed 2 nights and coped but not a great stay. Wi-fi is free but doesn't work very well if at all sometimes.

The hostel is located right in front of grethound bus stop. They serve breakfast in the morning and organize sunset tours up the hill ( the best sunset you'll ever see! Definitely recommended)

I stayed in this hostel for one night - I met some really really nice people. I was staying in one of the rooms in the kitchen I found it got very noisy at night. There was no closing time for the Kitchen and this was quite noisy as the staff where drinking on the veranda and constantly coming into the kitchen and making alot of noise.

great hostel, clean and chill

• 21st Apr 2014

The rooms are airconditioned and clean. (The tents probably aren't.) The communal kitchen is small and rather dirty. As it is located 50m from the Greyhound bus stop and the Fraser Island pickup stop (the same) and close to the beach it could hardly have a better location.

The greyhound stop is outside the hostel, a staff member still meets you at the stop to welcome you. I stayed in a 4 doorm (surf room) which was clean n the bed was comfy. The bathroom was outside the room n also clean and spacious. I liked that there was a lounge area n ppl could just chill or you could go to the main kitchen n socialise. Shops are close by n so is the beach. luggage storage is for free for the Frazer trip as well but didn't look 100% secure. I would go back!!!!

Relaxed and chilled out atmosphere. The hostel is clean and rooms are basic but unfortunately without AC. But nice common area outside to hang around and meet some people. But definitely not a party hostel.

Checked in all ok, went out, when I came back someone's stuff was on my bed, and it had been slept in, my stuff was moved. There were no free beds in the room, went to reception and they said there are 4 of us checked in that room (4 bed dorm) when there was 5 peoples stuff! Staff member went back to reception, thought to sort it out, went back to reception to check, no one to be seen, I had to ask to be moved rooms! No apologies or anything. Staff didnt seem to care. Didn't feel safe here.

Absolutely loved this hostel! Great atmosphere, funky themed rooms with aircon, close to the beach and local shops, free fun activities, lovely staff-I've no complaints at all! I also did my Fraser Island tour with Pippies too and it was amazing! Highly recommend this place!!

View all Rainbow Beach Hostels