Pippies Beach House Rainbow Beach Reviews

22 Spectrum Street, PO Box 317, Rainbow Beach, Australia

The bathrooms were disgusting, looked like they hadn't been cleaned for days. I had to wear flip flops into the shower and there was no air con in the room there was a fan that covered 2 of the bottom bunk beds but if you didn't get those two beds you would be boiling all night

Best shower on east coast! Did fraser island trip with pippies and it was amazin!! Definatly reccommend it!!

Thanks for the review Samantha, so glad you enjoyed your trip and stay with us.

I stayed there for only 1 night, but it was cool.

Beds were terrible.. Like lying on the steel base of the bed. Wifi was only possible in a different area than the communual area and the kitchen was very small and crowded. I would go to one of the other hostels the next time.

• 18th Oct 2014

too little kitchen if the hostel is full. everything else good.

Lovely chilled out stay here! Had a 4 bed dorm to myself! Staff were really friendly and up for a chat! Unlike some hostels where they are over backpackers, here people working loved their jobs! Not a party hostel, but still with a big atmosphere! Clean linen, comfy bed!

It was very nice - staff was very nice and helpful and the value very good. I enjoyed the stay and if i come back, i will stay with you again.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Austria

Thank you so much for the review we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you returning.

Got upgraded to a smaller dorm room free of charge when we arrived, free tea/coffee 24/7 is a nice touch, although 'real' milk, not powdered would be nicer. OOverall, a nice hostel.

So pleased that enjoyed the hostel your comments are much appreciated.

I'm afraid I didn't much enjoy my stay at Pippies. The place was run down and not very clean - the room I stayed in absolutely stank. Lockers were provided but I was unaware you had to pay for them until I arrived (should be on website!) The lady on the desk, although nice, wasn't helpful. She didn't show us to our room and instead gave us a very complicated set of instructions and when asked about why the 'free wifi' wasn't working she just said 'tell me something I don't know'. Not impressed.

Really nice host to stay in. Only downside is that the wifi is a two hour code so was annoying having to constantly log in. Comfy beds nice shower. Could probably do with more bathrooms. But overall great! Would definitely stay there again.

It's not a party hostel which suited me as I needed some chill out time. Dingos next door is the party hostel! Everything was nice and clean here. Really soft mattresses which was odd, could do with new harder ones. Could do with creating more atmosphere, there is a nice pool, bbq and common areas but don't really do any activities. Anyway, I liked it and would stay again.

Good location opposite greyhound bus stop, free toast for breakfast and free wifi, but couldn't get a hot shower, in need of new mattresses and funky smelling kitchen. Basic accommodation, but did the job before heading to Fraser Island.

Everything that was needed was there but I wouldn't have liked to have been in a room attached to the kitchen

Nice people and Nice campfire but the hostel itself was very average: room was small and pretty dirty, nowhere to put your stuff, only a few kinda dirty bathrooms. Took a shower and had warm water for about 5 minutes. Kitchen was filthy and not well equipped. Wifi was weird: needed to login over and over again. But i dont think the other hostels in rainbow are much better. Might as well skip the place altogether since theres nothing to do.

Really liked this place, we were also able to refund a night which a lot of places dont do. We were able to take a sandboard to the dunes and watch the sunset. The kitchen was small but very clean as were the rooms. Only issue was the lack of plugs in the rooms. The staff were very friendly, especially Wayne who was so lovely! Would stay here again :)

Small hostel for quiet Rainbow Beach. Basic kitchen and facilities. Good TV room with a lot of DVDs to watch. Good for 1 or 2 night stay before/after Fraser Island.

lovely place. It will be my first choice for my next trip.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • China

My room appeared to still be being built when I arrived, with the beds moved to one side and a bloke hammering the wall with no explanation from staff. No bar or fgoid available and the room door was left open all day. I moved to Frasers to get a place that serves food and drink.

View all Rainbow Beach Hostels