Ploy Dorm Room Reviews

125/127 Mu 7 Amphu meung Ao nang, Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

Ploy dorms was quality place to stay! Well priced, good location, not too loud at night but near all the nighttime action (Phi Phi is so small everything is close). Dorms were clean, great to meet people, everyone has their own locker/safe. Even though somebody nicked my flip flops would stay again.

One of th e best hostel I ve been. Really clean, hot water, good wifi, comfortable beds, perfect location and very nice staff.

• 2nd Feb 2016

Very nice staff

Overall clean. Great location, not noisy at night. The owner is very nice and funny. There is no lobby area though. Be aware that when you book a 6-bed dorm it's actually a 10-bed dorm. Upstairs is much better but one of the showers drains extremely slowly. The restaurant downstairs is great!!

The only positive aspect of this hostel is that you don't hear music at night and the mattresses are comfortable. Otherwise , the hostel is small with too many beds packed into a room, it's dirty with no ventilation. The air is stale and it smells. There's limited water supply and the hostel has no common area.

Cute dorm with a great location and awesome staff! Stay here if you need a bed, a bathroom, a towel and good location. We enjoyed our stay at Ploy dorm!

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Denmark

Best hostel on Phi Phi. Great location. Quiet but close to everything! Nice restaurants right next door. Very quiet and a nice owner! Will be back.

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

The location was good as it was fairly quiet at night but still a few minutes walk away from the bars and clubs. The staff were excellent and the air con was really nice and cold. The floors however were really dirty in the dorm and there wasn't much of an atmosphere about, however that is expected for somewhere as cheap as here. Would still recommend.

I loved this hostel. Yes it has no common room but I guess I don't really care about that or need that. I'm just on Phi Phi to explore and enjoy. It's just steps away from the calmer beach and all the wonderful beach side restaurants and shops. The guy who worked there was so nice, friendly and helpful and spoke perfect English. They also provide towels which is not common. Very clean and nice cool crisp air conditioned room, on all day long. Would absolutely stay there again!

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from this place, as the reviews seemed to be all over the place. However, I ended up enjoying my stay quite a bit. The AC worked well, and the beds were surprisingly comfortable. The main booking attendant was also incredibly friendly. The location was far enough away from the loud bars, that I had no problem with outside noise. I was also not as worried about security as reviews lead me to believe. I have definitely stayed in better, but also a lot worse.

They didn't have our booking when I booked this hostel five months in advance. Very disappointed - ended up costing us each 200 THB extra a night to find a new place.

This was one of the best hostels I stayed in on my Asian trip. The staff was amazing and very accommodating. The own a restaurant next door which serves great food at reasonable prices. The A/C was on 24 hrs a day, a big plus for those hot afternoon siesta's. The wi-fi was always working and very fast, and there were two bathrooms for our 8 person dorm, very nice!

• 3rd Jan 2016

One of the cheapest hostels and really good for what you pay! The guy who works there is also sooo nice and really helpful! Try to get a bed upstairs though so you're not having to sleep through the traffic of people coming in and out of the door and you hear less of the noise from outside.

What is advertised as a 6 bed dorm is in fact a 10 bed dorm. There is one door to a room that has 10 beds, but they are persistent on calling it a six bed dorm. I contacted hostel world immediately and spoke to a representative on the phone who was of no assistance whatsoever. I'm completely dissatisfied with hostel world and didn't even stay in the dorm. To enter from the street you enter through another ten bed dorm room, walk through it and up a narrow staircase. no reception area.

• 20th Dec 2015

My dorm mate thought he had bedbugs.. But otherwise good hostel! they clean the room every day, everyone has got own safe and socket. People I met were lovely !

• 17th Dec 2015

Perfect just what we needed met loads of people and the owner is really helpful!

No common area, but it's an ok place. Not sure if anywhere else I would pay that price for that kind of dorm, but I guess it's in the price range for phi phi

Fantastic staff. Bar next door was a little loud, but to be expected. Really enjoyed my stay, albeit brief.

Very clean. Away enough from the party to not constantly here music but the bars are a minute walk down the road.

• 28th Nov 2015

Thank you so much for my laptop cable! :D I got it back the day after in Tonsai from my friends ((: I had a great time in Phi Phi and in PLOY Dorm room. I never did a recommendation on a hostel, but this time I will for you - Ploy and Cosmic :D Hope to see you later, I already miss Phi Phi.... Sarah