Ploy Dorm Room Reviews

125/127 Mu 7 Amphu meung Ao nang, Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

What to say, the bed is comfy so enough to fall asleep after partying but nothing more...

Clean Dorms, Comfy beds, Quiet location only 5 mins from all the action.

• 12th Jan 2014

The bedroom i stayed in opened right out on to the street with no way of locking the door... consequently you get all and sundry opening the doors to take a look, borrow the bathroom etc. Other than that, comfy beds and the bathroom facilities were fine. wouldn't stay again though!

Even though we booked a private double room well in advance,when we arrived they had given our room to someone else and wanted us to stay in an 8 bed dorm in bunk beds instead. We went further along the street and stayed elsewhere instead for the same price. We are used to staying in large dorms, but the dorm room door goes straight onto the street and does not lock, so belonging are not secure. There are SMALL lockers provided. This is a bit annoying since we payed a 10% deposit for nothing

• 30th Dec 2013

Great location. Did'nt see a common room. Area was awsome so its best to be with a group when heading there. Cheers!

clean hostel with comfy beds and huge lockers (also bring ur own padlock). all u need (pier, beaches, shops, bars etc.) is within walking distance. nice hostel if you are just looking for a place to sleep.

Owner is a thief and a liar. When I told him I was going to report him, he said he didn't care. He stole 200 baht saying it was to gaurantee that I showed up, nevermind the fact that I paid it AFTER showing up. He even got a lamenated card from inside that said the deposit was for the key and towel. 16 beds, 2 bathrooms (which were always sopping wet). Beds were comfortable, hostel was centrally located since island is small. Avoid at all costs, unless you like to support scammers.

• 9th Dec 2013

The lack of a reception area means you walk off of the street straight into the dorm. Not the best security given that no one is really manning the door. Had lockers inside though, fairly big ones too. WiFi was temperamental, beds were very comfortable. Bathroom was standard. Location ideal, so close to the harbour and still very close to the bars. Would recommend if you're looking for a good, cheap place to stay

Ploy has a couple of locations - but they are just down the road from eachother so it's no problem. I was in a 16 bed dorm - and I'm pretty sure I only booked for a 6 or 12 bed. Anyway, this place is fine for a bed to sleep in, but very basic. Just a room with 16 beds and two shower toilets (which are pretty average).

Two days after my check in I found out that somebody else tried to open my locker by putting another key in my lock. Lucky enough I also added my personal lock so it didn't open. Before I paid the room I asked the guy next door who suppose to keep an eye on the dorm why the security was so poor and the only thing he did was laughing and promised me that everything was okay.