Ploy Dorm Room

7.2
Very Good 358 Total Reviews

26th Mar 2017
5.4

The rooms are very small , for the number of beds, the bed was horrible. I changed to another hostel on the next day.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
20th Mar 2017
6.6

Koh Phi Phi is beautiful and amazing. The Ploy Dorm Room was just that, a dorm room. It was in a fairly decent location, however it was very difficult to sleep because of all the partying going on outside.

• England, Female, 41+
18th Mar 2017
4.9

It smells extremely damp very cramped and very dark there is nowhere to put anything hang anything ... I booked this for two nights I went on a snorkelling trip the next day and she gave my bed away and my stuff was shoved in the sink at the side!!! The water I had paid a lot for had also been removed under duress she did replace this For me this is most definitely the worst hostel I have ever stayed in,I lost my money on the second night I moved out I couldn't bear to be there another night

• England, Female, 18-24
15th Mar 2017
4.3

Very dingy rooms, dirty toilet and showers, bad security - a guy came into the hostel during the night and got into a spare bed next to me, to then realise at 7am the next morning that he was in the wrong hostel.

8th Mar 2017

I stayed in a nice room with single beds. It was a little tight to move around but I was fine with it since it wasn't a bunk bed. Glad I stayed here even though the reviews were bad. Good location and I saw worse hostels in Phi Phi.

• HenChamberlain
  • England, Male, 18-24
5th Mar 2017

Great place, great location! Each bed has its own locker and the AC and fans keep you cool throughout the hot days. Right in the middle of the town. Great little distance to walk to lookout point too. Would recommend hostel.

• England, Male, 25-30
4th Mar 2017
5.4

The beds were comfortable, the staff were friendly and the location was central. I've stayed in far worse places. However: - Found 3 cockroaches in my room one night (including on my bed) - No lounge/reception to chill or meet people - Had to share a locker with my friend, which is inconvenient - WiFi, air con, fan and lighting all down for final half-day - Downstairs dorm is a noisy thoroughfare to get to upstairs rooms - Tiny and poorly designed shower/toilet (banged head on towel rail)

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
24th Feb 2017

Don't understand the negative reviews here. Very quiet as it's not near any bars. Clean toilets, comfy beds and good air con. Room leads straight into street but door is ALWAYS locked and you get your own safe in the room. Staff are friendly and while it is expensive for a hostel, that is just the trend in phi phi so it is still great value compared. Most of the other reviews seem to be more aimed at other people staying at the hostel, had no problems myself.

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
23rd Feb 2017
6.0

Fantastic staff and adequate facilities.

• England, Male, 18-24
17th Feb 2017

Had a great week with the lads in Koh Phi Phi, ploy dorms is in a great place, good price and the staff are great. Herbie, Alex and Oli