Ploy Dorm Room Reviews

125/127 Mu 7 Amphu meung Ao nang, Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

Security is not good. The door to the street is never locked. A Thai man came into our room in the middle of the night with not good intentions. Very scary. Staff is friendly though and location is nice.

DO NOT GO HERE. no security the front sliding door opens onto the street and there is a back door which is always open leading into a restaurant. my friend and I were woken up by a Thai man (who was not staying in the hostel) rummaging through our belongings and stole money and and tried to attack my friend. We were very scared and moved to our friends dorm upstairs but half an hour later the same man rummaging through the dorms upstairs. In the morning the owner refused to discuss the matter.

The hostel was situated a couple of minutes from the beach and bars which was good. We were on the second floor which was good because you weren't woken up by people walking through the room all the time but the floor to the room felt like it was going to collapse every time you walked on it.

Great restaurant next door.. You'll find the staff in there. Beds upstairs are nice and I would recommend trying to get upstairs. Originally was supposed to stay for 3 nights but extended to 7. Quiet at night but close enough to the parties. 3 wifi options all strong.

• 9th Aug 2015

Door opens from the room and straight onto the street. It has a lock but is never locked. Accidentally used my locker key I'm the wrong locker and it opened it so keep valuables on you. No common area. Only 2 bathrooms for 15 people. Be aware if you arrive after 5pm your bed will not be reserved, they do not wait for the ferries to all arrive.

• 7th Aug 2015

The location was great and i met some lovey people here, however there were 2 showers between 18 people, so most of the time I wanted a shower there weren't one free, cockroaches were every where, the main light in our room didn't work so in the evening it was really dark and dingy, and the dorm downstairs is not secure at all, you can literally walk off of the street. I wouldn't recommend this hostel can get much better for your money elsewhere!

Good hostel. Close to the pier. Close to the clubs but to too near so you can actually sleep if you want to. Always close the door because a cat always come in the hostel

The owner is really nice and cares about the place. The location is well situated, but as is everything on the island. It's a quite place to live compared to other hostels and the beds are well kept. Only issue I had was the few cockroaches I saw when I got home from the bars both nights. There also is no security in this hostel, so keep your belongs close by!

It was really dirty. Te floor wasn't cleaned for days. The hostel was never closed, so everybody could walk in and out the dorm room. Not a cosy place to meet people. Good restaurant and probably one of the cheapest solutions at Phi Phi. Good enough if you only want to party and sleep at the beach.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Really enjoyed this hostel. Beds and pillows are comfortable (which I love). It is quiet inside the dorm and you can't hear anything outside. People complain about there not being a lobby but it's not necessary since the beds are all so close - it's just up to you to be social and say hi to people. The location is awesome. 1 minute from the best restaurant in Phi Phi, Papaya, 5 minute walk from pier, and another 5 to the pier. The shower pressure sucks and don't expect a hot one!

Very good hostel, so good that we have extended our here for another five nights. Adjoining restaurant is great and fairly priced. Staff are all very helpful!

there is not much security when it comes to entering the hostel although the lockers are quite large. in addition, there was only 2 showers for more than 20 people to share and if you lived on the top floor you had to walk through the entire bottom dorm. otherwise though, beds were comfortable and ac worked well at night.

Didn't end up staying it's basically a dorm room right off the street and that's it. Better spots, blanco beach dorm or stones, sunset or Ibiza

The staff was very accommodating when hostelworld changed our dates while we booked and we actually "missed" our booking. They still put us in a very nice room. The room was nice and clean but there was no mosquito net and there were a lot of mosquitoes. We had our own net so it was no issue. Overall it was a nice stay and we wanted to stay longer but they had another booking so we had to leave, no big deal though, it was our fault with the booking.

Super helpful and friendly staff! Great wifi and AC, ok beds and showers. Definitely worth the money!

• 7th Jun 2015