Posada del Caminante Reviews

Isabela-Galapagos, Galapagos Islands, Ecuador

Friendly helpful staff. Free oranges and water a nice touch. Comfortable bed. Free laundry service. Shower was cold though!

Nice, helpful staff. You need to speak at least a basic Spanish as they do not speak English or other language. Fruit, drinking water for free. Hammocks, which was nice.. Location: pretty far from activities on the island.. Very, very basic rooms. But this is one of the cheapest options on Isabella.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Hungary

i could only stay 4 days but was no problem. subtracted my deposit and paid the balance. staff very helpful owner AND A MAN OF GOD watch out for each person always nice free bananas and oranges and good water. clean sheets and changed every two days. near local restaurants that were half the price as the ocean area only 10 min walk away

I had a really great stay in the single room on the very top, which wasn't equipped with a fridge and a TV like the other rooms. Don't need a TV and they let me put my stuff in the fridge at reception. So all good! The room was tiny, but very cosy and has it's own bathroom and probably the best view of the hostel :) I was really amazed that they offered to do my laundry for free. What an amazing service! And I loved those juicy oranges, which were free as well (and drinking water as well!)!

A nice sheltered hammock area to hang out. Free oranges and bananas. The locals will say this place is very far, but it really not too far from the main streets with restaurants. It is a bit of a walk to the pier. You can rent bikes which was nice. The rooms did not have air conditioning, but there were a lot of windows and a nice breeze and a fan so we were ok. They booked the Los tuneles tour for us and arranged taxi transfers.

Stayed here for two nights. It was within our budget. Quick and short walk into town and beach. The owner is a great guy and was helpful. Rooms could use a more thorough cleaning. Wifi range is short and was quite spotty.

Great stay! Free laundry, clean kitchen, amazing staff, great hangout area with hammocks, free fruit and drinking water. The hostel is a bit out of town, but the town is so small it barely made a difference - we rented bikes from the hostel. Highly recommended!

Owner is great - very very helpful and kind. Organised everything we needed.

• 10th Mar 2015