Pura Vida Hostel Rio de Janeiro Reviews

Rua Saint Roman #20, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

No private bathroom in the privative dorms, shower down during the stay (staff worked it out during the stay!) breakfast partially included (choice between 4 complements to the minimalist part)

This is a party hotel on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, loud music until late. Not enough shared bathrooms, have to go into other dorm rooms to the bathroom. In serious need of new mattresses. Not enough cooking equipment, cutlery, plates etc for guests to use. Great location and staff. Nice breakfast. Could do with some basic maintenance on doors, bathrooms, security lockers etc.

I had a wonderful time at Pura Vida. Staff is friendly, facilities are good and it's perfect for socialising, I met amazing people there. Breakfast is just ok, not the best I have seen since you need to choose between fruit or sandwich, can't have both unless you pay extra. Overall, iy is a lovely place to stay and I would definitely come back again.

This is is the first hostel i`ve been to, that didn`t have any keys for the doorms. The rooms were just unlocked the whole entire time, random people were coming into our romm and just using our bathroom. That`s not cool in a place like Rio.

• 27th Sep 2013

The hostel is pretty cool and the staff is amazing and most helpful The place is recommended

This place is 2 blocks from the Beach although also on the entrance of a favela. The room smeeled like moad.

Beeson is the absolute best. This place has the most awesome staff that makes you feel like you are at home. I wouldn't stay at any other place when visiting RIO! Miss you, Beeson!

Basic hostel,good location in copacabana,near the beach. Staff wasn't too friendly. Place looked clean but in the morning my hands were itching a lot and when I took off the sheets I found little bugs crawling on bed..

Great hostel with very friendly helpdesk. And the most important thing its very secured and very clean . The room was good, cleaned everyday. Good Location....It is close to the beach, to the supermarkets and several shops.

I would like to mark in this hostel is very nice atmosphere. You can meet a lot people from other countries and if you travel by yourself you can make good friendships.The staff were extremely friendly and helped create a fun and sociable atmosphere.Very welcoming hostel in an excellent location!

The hostel is big and very spacious. The Staff is very good, always ready to help you out. And the best part is that sometimes they make awesome parties! I went to a very nice party inside the hostel, with a lot of locals there! I would recommend for those who like parties.

I had a good stay in the hostel (5 nights) , the location is great , the rooms are really large . All the staff were helpfully with me as well with other travellers. The breakfest is a little bit poor ,so thats something they could improve. It has its own bar with very cheap prices and wonderfull drinks. I recommend the hostel.

Staff was very friendly and very helpful. The hostel was clean especially the bathrooms, there was always sufficient toilet paper. Good free breakfast, coffee, juice and fruits. Overall excellent experience only thing i wish they had was more outlets or a charging station for mobile devices.

• 22nd Mar 2013

Besides the location, I did not much like this hostel and we decided to move after one day. It seems to be some kind of old mansion, but it is very bare, the place has no character. The rooms are hot, the breakfast VERY basic, the shower and toilet facilities substandard, and it was just kind of dirty/overused. The female staff member I met was really nice and helpful, but the two other young male staff members did not seem very knowledgable and not very friendly, one was bordering on rude.

My friend and I were disapointed when we arrived at the hostel. We had viewed the photos and the place seemed amazing but it is not as much as we thought. The kitchen is missing stuff, there were no bathrooms in our ten dorm bedroom so we had to go into other dorms. There is no Air condicioning and it makes it hard to sleep at night. Some people of the staff are very nice and helpful and others not at all. The bar was only open during the weekend. The place is left apart.

This hotel is pretty much inside of a little favela.It is conveniently located in Copa but it's a little hike up the hill and up the stairs with your suitcase. The front desk staff was pretty apathetic about helping me get back the deposit when I chose to stay less time. I paid R$40 a night here and the breakfast was measly and controlled by the kitchen, space was pretty dirty. I wouldnt return.

Amazing location but that was the best thing about it. Kitchen facilities were terrible, the person who checked us in neglected to give us any useful information e.g. that you have to collect a token from reception to get breakfast, or that the clocks were going back an hour (very important if you have a flight the next morning!), or that our tour guide was waiting for us downstairs. Very average hostel, but some staff were nice.

The hostel is not orginised, the staff is not helpful, the kitchen is not equipped at all. The bar was closed during all my stay except one day. Not enough electricity plugs

I have been travelling in south america for almost three months and this is definitely one of the nicest hostels i have been in! the staff were excellent! Especially beesan! Whenever I needed something, she was always willing to help! The location is great as it is close to everything! The shopping around the are is amazing!

• 29th Jan 2013
  • 25-30

Perfect location, good price, very big lockers for all luggage Not enough electricity outlets to charge mobile phones and laptops, typical unfriendly Rio de Janeiro staff, no good place to meet people, as living area is too bug with to few seats next to each other

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4