Rainbow Lodge Backpackers Reviews

99 Titiraupenga St, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

Nice layout. Loved the sauna. Would recommend this hostel.

Excellent hostel, amazing staff. You just need to tune the piano and you'll have the perfect hostel!!

Great hostel. The staff were amazing. They were helpful and really friendly. We felt at home at this hostel. The facilities are good and our room was clean and comfortable. One of the staff gave us a lift down to the bus station. Free tea, coffee and milk. Kitchen is big. The dog is cute. The only downside is the location which is a little further out than other hostels but only by a five minute walk. It was worth the few blocks of walking. We are going to stay again on our way back.

I stayed here for two nights, but if I would have had more time to travel I would've stayed longer. Mostly because of the nice people I met, the friendly staff and the cute dog ;) the atmosphere was really nice as well. Good common areas, nice room (4 person dorm). They even gave me a last minute lift to the bus station! I would definitely stay here again!

The beds were not that comfortable. The flush was going all the time and the aeration was very loud when you switched on the lights. It was good that I could park my car in a seperate area which is closable with a gate with security code. The stuff was very friendly and helpful.

Great hostel, not as close to town and lake as others, but a walkable distance. Nice rooms, free sauna, but no free wifi

Very friendly, clean, spacious. Loads of room in the fridge! Staff were great at reorganising our hiking and skydive days. Comfy bed. Would definitely stay here again.

One of the best hostels I've ever been. Super clean and with an eye on detail (they have spices do for cooking and hangers for jackets and towels at the bed) super happy we end up there :) Just a pity don't have free Wi-Fi....

Really pleased with our stay. Our room was large and comfortable, staff were friendly and the hostel was located a short walk from the lake front. The gated parking facility was an added bonus. My only major criticism was that in our room one of the lights had come off from the wall leaving wires exposed. While it probably wasn't dangerous, it looked a little unnerving.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

WiFi is not free for some reason

it was ok for the cost.

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately it's not very constructive. Hope to see you hear again. :-)

Our 2nd visit to Taupo and we're so glad we came back. The staff were lovely and the weather cleared up enough to do the Tongariro Crossing finally! The mountain biking was of a much higher difficulty level than we had imagined, but cycling around the lake was beautiful. The lodge had a lovely laid-back atmosphere - great for a good night's rest after a busy day, it felt much more spacious than Base where we stayed before. Only improvement would be the hobs in the kitchen.

not anyone's fault in any way, but all I heard was German everywhere. even the germans didn't like that. maybe cool off the marketing in Germany for a while or something.

Thank you for taking your time to review our backpackers. We are an international backpackers and don't market for any specific Nationality. Hope to see you back here again. Matt and the team :-)

Chill atmosphere, very helpful stuff, big kitchen, sauna.

Thank you for taking the time to review our backpackers. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Matt and the team :-)

The location is relatively far from the city center (about 10 minutes walk) but it is definitely worth staying here. It nice and spacious and has a good vibe. As most guests are hiking in Tongariro, there is a certain calm over this hostel, which I really liked. Helpful and fun staff as well! The ensuite was great, except that the vent was linked to the lightswitch, so if you went to the toilet at night, the vent would start making a lot of noise and wake everyone.

Generally good, clean facilities, large communal areas and decent pay-for Wi-Fi, and a generally good vibe. Location is a good balance - quiet and far from the Kiwi Experience crowd, but a short walk from the town centre and lake. However, security was an issue here. None of the windows in our room could be secured shut so anyone could climb in. During cleaning the staff prop the dorm rooms open and leave them unattended - a major negative for me.

Thank you for taking time to review our hostel. All our windows have safety hinges so I can ensure you that nobody can climb in. We have a high turnover of cleaners and I have brought this issue to there attention. Glad you enjoyed your stay. :-)

Stayed there one night. Had climbing walls and free wifi, which were great. Room was clean with lockers. Bathrooms were clean as well

Thank you for taking time to rate your stay. :-)

I really enjoyed my stay at the Rainbow Lodge, the rooms are basic but clean. At times it was quite busy but still quiet on an evening and the staff were super friendly and helpful - I was even told that I could walk the dog Jess! The hostel isn't too far away from the main street, Taupo is pretty small so it's a 5-10 minute walk.

Rainbow Lodge is a cool little hostel with a large clean kitchen, nice lounge area and good bathroom facilities. It's around 10 mins walk from all the happening places and they offer pick ups and drop offs, which is extremely helpful! The staff is friendly, the dorms are spacious and the atmosphere positive. Overall I found the hostel great value for money, but I would highlight the importance of using ear plugs - all the doors slams and people tend to stay up in the communal till small hours

Nice backpack if you have a car. There is a car park behind but it closes early so be careful or your car will stay outside. Rooms are quiet but doors NOT at all. Private shower and toilet in the room and there are also common ones. Showers are clean. Kitchen not really clean. Holes in pans. Lots of fridge. Big living room but nobody is allowed to enter after 8PM unless customers. Very far from city center. Great deals for lots of activity.

« first « Prev 1 2 3