Rainbow Lodge Backpackers Reviews

99 Titiraupenga St, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

Excellent hostel with staff that are very welcoming and resourceful. The atmosphere here was one of the best out of any hostel I've stayed at. The rooms were cozy and the beds were pretty comfortable too.

Very nice hostel overall. Great kitchen with ample prep-space. The bathrooms were clean and well stocked, and the staff on duty were very friendly and helpful. Our room was fab too. Not bang on the lake front, but hardly a hike away.

I stayed in a double room and it was great. Clean, warm and cosy. The kitchen was extremely well equipped and there was always free tea and coffee. The staff are very friendly and helpful. All in all a great place to stay!

Great hostel the staff are really friendly and helpful. We loved the dog Jess and would go back there. The only downside is no free wifi but it's a lovely hostel

Friendly staff, smaller hostel, lots of area in communal lounge and kitchen to relax with people. Stayed here twice in the end I liked it so much

Booked the 5 bed mixed dorm and was the only one there for all 3 nights. Staff was friendly and very helpful with booking the Tongariro Alpine Crossing hike shuttle.

Nice layout. Loved the sauna. Would recommend this hostel.

Excellent hostel, amazing staff. You just need to tune the piano and you'll have the perfect hostel!!

Great hostel. The staff were amazing. They were helpful and really friendly. We felt at home at this hostel. The facilities are good and our room was clean and comfortable. One of the staff gave us a lift down to the bus station. Free tea, coffee and milk. Kitchen is big. The dog is cute. The only downside is the location which is a little further out than other hostels but only by a five minute walk. It was worth the few blocks of walking. We are going to stay again on our way back.

I stayed here for two nights, but if I would have had more time to travel I would've stayed longer. Mostly because of the nice people I met, the friendly staff and the cute dog ;) the atmosphere was really nice as well. Good common areas, nice room (4 person dorm). They even gave me a last minute lift to the bus station! I would definitely stay here again!

The beds were not that comfortable. The flush was going all the time and the aeration was very loud when you switched on the lights. It was good that I could park my car in a seperate area which is closable with a gate with security code. The stuff was very friendly and helpful.

Great hostel, not as close to town and lake as others, but a walkable distance. Nice rooms, free sauna, but no free wifi

Very friendly, clean, spacious. Loads of room in the fridge! Staff were great at reorganising our hiking and skydive days. Comfy bed. Would definitely stay here again.

One of the best hostels I've ever been. Super clean and with an eye on detail (they have spices do for cooking and hangers for jackets and towels at the bed) super happy we end up there :) Just a pity don't have free Wi-Fi....

Really pleased with our stay. Our room was large and comfortable, staff were friendly and the hostel was located a short walk from the lake front. The gated parking facility was an added bonus. My only major criticism was that in our room one of the lights had come off from the wall leaving wires exposed. While it probably wasn't dangerous, it looked a little unnerving.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

WiFi is not free for some reason

it was ok for the cost.

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately it's not very constructive. Hope to see you hear again. :-)

Our 2nd visit to Taupo and we're so glad we came back. The staff were lovely and the weather cleared up enough to do the Tongariro Crossing finally! The mountain biking was of a much higher difficulty level than we had imagined, but cycling around the lake was beautiful. The lodge had a lovely laid-back atmosphere - great for a good night's rest after a busy day, it felt much more spacious than Base where we stayed before. Only improvement would be the hobs in the kitchen.

not anyone's fault in any way, but all I heard was German everywhere. even the germans didn't like that. maybe cool off the marketing in Germany for a while or something.

Thank you for taking your time to review our backpackers. We are an international backpackers and don't market for any specific Nationality. Hope to see you back here again. Matt and the team :-)

Chill atmosphere, very helpful stuff, big kitchen, sauna.

Thank you for taking the time to review our backpackers. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Matt and the team :-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3