Rainbow Lodge Backpackers Reviews

99 Titiraupenga St, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

The kitchen was very dirty when I used it at 7:30 in the morning. The desk staff were great. The Wi Fi was a negative for me. Thanks for a good night.

This was a great hostel with awesome owners! Really enjoyed my few nights here, the common area is particularly good for the atmosphere.

Really enjoyed my stay in Rainbow Lodge! Female dormitory very good, I come back soon ! Just a bad internet connexion (even if we pay), but the rest is very good !

Good backpackers. But the wifi is so expensive... 4$ for one day, that's like robber.

I loved this hostel! Kat was so friendly and helpful and taking Jess on a walk was the highlight of my day, especially after a long bus ride :)

Nice kitchen and lounge. No internet. Standard dorm and showers. Not as central as others, but closer to Huka Falls! Overall, feels a little bit run down, but not a problem for a couple of nights.

Everything was mint, just always nice to have even a small locker, in case you don't trust the people you're sharing a room with. Honestly a lovely hostel, would have been stoked to stay longer.

Slightly out of the way, but otherwise very pleasant place. Staff was cheerful and very friendly, and lots of buzz in the common room. Also: cute dog.

Great hostel. Really enjoyed our stay there. The only thing which could be improved is the Internet which is not free and horribly slow at peak times.

Awesome hostel! No complaints at all! I had an awesome time here!the dog, Jess is adorable and the hostel has an awesome down to earth but fun atmosphere!

We stayed here for 3 nights to do the Tongoriro Alpine Crossing which was sadly cancelled every day. There's not much else to do in Taupo. Hostel was a good 15 minute walk from the central bar/restaurant area and lake. Reception staff were helpful and informative. Very sweet dogs there. It was a bit annoying trying to cook in the kitchen (at 6pm) and having a member of staff try to mop me off the floor and then clean the table while I was eating. Good selection of games in communal area.

Girl working the front desk was AWESOME. Loved her. Nice big kitchen and lounge area. Only two women's and men's toilets and showers but was never a problem. People walking down the hall sounds a bit like a stampede but didn't end up being an issue either. They can set up all sorts of tours for you around the area, a lot of times with a little discount. Nice and clean, large car park, nice sun deck, and best of all free brewed coffee and hot tea. Would definitely recommend!

loved this hostel

Such a nice place to stay. Really clean so many facilities to use. Kitchens nice as very communal nice to make friends. Staff were brilliant helpful and friendly.

• 12th Sep 2015

Brilliant little hostel! Very warm beds on cold nights! Great facilities and lovely canine companion.

Not as clean as I expected. Slightly overrated. Everyone seems friendly enough though.

Excellent hostel with staff that are very welcoming and resourceful. The atmosphere here was one of the best out of any hostel I've stayed at. The rooms were cozy and the beds were pretty comfortable too.

Very nice hostel overall. Great kitchen with ample prep-space. The bathrooms were clean and well stocked, and the staff on duty were very friendly and helpful. Our room was fab too. Not bang on the lake front, but hardly a hike away.

I stayed in a double room and it was great. Clean, warm and cosy. The kitchen was extremely well equipped and there was always free tea and coffee. The staff are very friendly and helpful. All in all a great place to stay!

Great hostel the staff are really friendly and helpful. We loved the dog Jess and would go back there. The only downside is no free wifi but it's a lovely hostel