Rainbow Lodge Backpackers Reviews

99 Titiraupenga St, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

not anyone's fault in any way, but all I heard was German everywhere. even the germans didn't like that. maybe cool off the marketing in Germany for a while or something.

Chill atmosphere, very helpful stuff, big kitchen, sauna.

Stayed there one night. Had climbing walls and free wifi, which were great. Room was clean with lockers. Bathrooms were clean as well

Rainbow Lodge is a cool little hostel with a large clean kitchen, nice lounge area and good bathroom facilities. It's around 10 mins walk from all the happening places and they offer pick ups and drop offs, which is extremely helpful! The staff is friendly, the dorms are spacious and the atmosphere positive. Overall I found the hostel great value for money, but I would highlight the importance of using ear plugs - all the doors slams and people tend to stay up in the communal till small hours

Great place to stay. Fantastic staff and great atmosphere.

Awesome staff who are so helpful and friendly. Really liked this hostel

Aftermy second faultless stay I thought I would write my thought. Great facilities, friendly, clean hostel. Large kitchen and many communal areas. Friendly and welcoming staff. Thanks fir a great stay guys.

• 27th Feb 2015

I enjoyed my stay here, met some great people! The staff is really friendly and helpful, they even gave me a lift to the bus after I'd checked out! There should be air lockers though, and the baggage storage room is just a unlocked room where people can come and go as they like. Other than that it's a good stay, I'd recommend it!

No free wifi which ideas a bit of a pain. But lovely double room with en-suite and TV, more like a hotel room! Big, well-equipped kitchen and free tea/fresh filter coffee/milk

Great hostel with a great atmosphere. Staff are lovely and gave me a lift to the bus. Only bad thing is a lack of free wifi, and the wifi itself is quite slow.

Really friendly hostel, great atmosphere and there's lots of things to do in Taupo. Activities were easy to book at the reception and movie night was great. Cheap bike hire was great

Loved everything. Wish I could have stayed longer.

great big common area and many fridges in the kitchen so lots of space for everybody :) the only downside is the location - 15 min walking to the lake and the city centre. Also no free wifi is lame! Showers and rooms were nice :)

This is a very good backpackers. It is clean the staff are super friendly and the commn rooms are a great place to hang out. I would definitely stay again.

Good staff and the rest was fine.

The kitchen was a mess during peak times with nobody cleaning up after themselves, some people were just dumping dirty dishes in the sink and walking out, others were ignoring spilt or dropped food. No fault of the owners but perhaps a few signs to suggest people try not to be grubs in the shared areas. Mattress was very worn out, springs poking me in the back. Staff were super friendly and welcoming, location is great and rooms were nice and clean.

• 8th Feb 2015

Fantastic place Really!!!!! Feels like at home we are... Staff is so helpful and great... Specially Jess❤️ Hahaha... I am definitely recommended to stay in Rainbow Lodge.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • India

Good place to stay, very clean, nice atmosphere.

Only stayed one night but found staff friendly and helpful large communal area and plenty of space and facilities in the kitchen

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Private double room was lovely. A bonus with an ensuite and TV. Felt really comfortable. Hostel was always clean and free coffee was pretty darn good! Hotel staff were friendly too. I'd definitely recommend staying here. Only the location could be better. A 10/15 minute walk to the lake and main town, which is ok but it was pretty hot when we were there. Atmosphere could have been better, didn't find people overly friendly but I suppose that comes down to luck.

« first « Prev 1 2 3