Rainbow Lodge Backpackers Reviews

99 Titiraupenga St, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

The staff here are great but the whole place just needs a bit of love.

A pleasant stay with friendly staff and guests. The ensuite shower room was very small. Also the way the door to the shower works means the floor gets very wet, so it's hard to keep clothes dry in there. Kitchen could do with new pots and pans.

Super cool accomodation, met some great people there, and had a lovely time. The staff were really friendly, and the kitchen/living area was good, easy to start chatting with people. The rooms are really good too, and I love the quilts, they are all hochpoch!

Great fun, friendly and near to everything!

This was our favourite hostel on the whole trip. Felt really welcome, and just had a really great atmosphere :-) Will go back for sure!

• 14th Oct 2014

GOOD STAY ONLY CONCERN WAS TRYING TO SLEEP WITH HOT CENTRAL HEATING , THEY DID TURN IT DOWN THE NEXT NIGHT THO

• 10th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Loved my stay here and the staff at reception desk who helped me with the booking of the skydive and getting to places via mountain biking. Thee only dislike I can say is about the noise with the doors, they slam shut. So if your trying to sleep after 9pm, it will take u a while. A lot of heavy footers walking on the floors you can also hear through corridors and also in the same room ya stayin in. Got to love the floor heaters, gives it a lovely warmth to rooms :D

I would recommend to friends and family I enjoyed my stay close to town.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

This place is the best i have been to in nz so far. Friendly and usefull staff with smiley faces and always a good plan to give you if you run out of ideas. Really good dry sauna, reminded me of finland which was awesome. We also enjoyed the common areas that were clean and welcoming and that help starting chitchating around with the other people. Overall, just excellent!

• 25th Aug 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. We're really glad that you both enjoyed your stay and that you ended up staying for longer. I hope you had some success with your hitch hiking. Enjoy the rest time in New Zealand. Your always welcome back, Matt :-)

Excellent place to stay. We are a family of 5 and we enjoyed every moment of our stay here. Good location, friendly staff, good atmosphere and the hostel is really pretty.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

Thank you for taking the time to review our backpackers. We're really glad you enjoyed your time, and we hope to see you all back here again one day soon :-)