Rainbow Lodge Backpackers Reviews

99 Titiraupenga St, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

Really pleased with our stay. Our room was large and comfortable, staff were friendly and the hostel was located a short walk from the lake front. The gated parking facility was an added bonus. My only major criticism was that in our room one of the lights had come off from the wall leaving wires exposed. While it probably wasn't dangerous, it looked a little unnerving.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

WiFi is not free for some reason

it was ok for the cost.

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately it's not very constructive. Hope to see you hear again. :-)

not anyone's fault in any way, but all I heard was German everywhere. even the germans didn't like that. maybe cool off the marketing in Germany for a while or something.

Thank you for taking your time to review our backpackers. We are an international backpackers and don't market for any specific Nationality. Hope to see you back here again. Matt and the team :-)

Chill atmosphere, very helpful stuff, big kitchen, sauna.

Thank you for taking the time to review our backpackers. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Matt and the team :-)

The location is relatively far from the city center (about 10 minutes walk) but it is definitely worth staying here. It nice and spacious and has a good vibe. As most guests are hiking in Tongariro, there is a certain calm over this hostel, which I really liked. Helpful and fun staff as well! The ensuite was great, except that the vent was linked to the lightswitch, so if you went to the toilet at night, the vent would start making a lot of noise and wake everyone.

Generally good, clean facilities, large communal areas and decent pay-for Wi-Fi, and a generally good vibe. Location is a good balance - quiet and far from the Kiwi Experience crowd, but a short walk from the town centre and lake. However, security was an issue here. None of the windows in our room could be secured shut so anyone could climb in. During cleaning the staff prop the dorm rooms open and leave them unattended - a major negative for me.

Thank you for taking time to review our hostel. All our windows have safety hinges so I can ensure you that nobody can climb in. We have a high turnover of cleaners and I have brought this issue to there attention. Glad you enjoyed your stay. :-)

Stayed there one night. Had climbing walls and free wifi, which were great. Room was clean with lockers. Bathrooms were clean as well

Thank you for taking time to rate your stay. :-)

I really enjoyed my stay at the Rainbow Lodge, the rooms are basic but clean. At times it was quite busy but still quiet on an evening and the staff were super friendly and helpful - I was even told that I could walk the dog Jess! The hostel isn't too far away from the main street, Taupo is pretty small so it's a 5-10 minute walk.

Rainbow Lodge is a cool little hostel with a large clean kitchen, nice lounge area and good bathroom facilities. It's around 10 mins walk from all the happening places and they offer pick ups and drop offs, which is extremely helpful! The staff is friendly, the dorms are spacious and the atmosphere positive. Overall I found the hostel great value for money, but I would highlight the importance of using ear plugs - all the doors slams and people tend to stay up in the communal till small hours

Nice backpack if you have a car. There is a car park behind but it closes early so be careful or your car will stay outside. Rooms are quiet but doors NOT at all. Private shower and toilet in the room and there are also common ones. Showers are clean. Kitchen not really clean. Holes in pans. Lots of fridge. Big living room but nobody is allowed to enter after 8PM unless customers. Very far from city center. Great deals for lots of activity.

Great place to stay. Fantastic staff and great atmosphere.

Awesome staff who are so helpful and friendly. Really liked this hostel

Aftermy second faultless stay I thought I would write my thought. Great facilities, friendly, clean hostel. Large kitchen and many communal areas. Friendly and welcoming staff. Thanks fir a great stay guys.

• 27th Feb 2015

I enjoyed my stay here, met some great people! The staff is really friendly and helpful, they even gave me a lift to the bus after I'd checked out! There should be air lockers though, and the baggage storage room is just a unlocked room where people can come and go as they like. Other than that it's a good stay, I'd recommend it!

No free wifi which ideas a bit of a pain. But lovely double room with en-suite and TV, more like a hotel room! Big, well-equipped kitchen and free tea/fresh filter coffee/milk

Great hostel with a great atmosphere. Staff are lovely and gave me a lift to the bus. Only bad thing is a lack of free wifi, and the wifi itself is quite slow.

Really friendly hostel, great atmosphere and there's lots of things to do in Taupo. Activities were easy to book at the reception and movie night was great. Cheap bike hire was great

Loved everything. Wish I could have stayed longer.

great big common area and many fridges in the kitchen so lots of space for everybody :) the only downside is the location - 15 min walking to the lake and the city centre. Also no free wifi is lame! Showers and rooms were nice :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3