Rainbow Lodge Backpackers Reviews

99 Titiraupenga St, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

Aftermy second faultless stay I thought I would write my thought. Great facilities, friendly, clean hostel. Large kitchen and many communal areas. Friendly and welcoming staff. Thanks fir a great stay guys.

• 27th Feb 2015

I enjoyed my stay here, met some great people! The staff is really friendly and helpful, they even gave me a lift to the bus after I'd checked out! There should be air lockers though, and the baggage storage room is just a unlocked room where people can come and go as they like. Other than that it's a good stay, I'd recommend it!

No free wifi which ideas a bit of a pain. But lovely double room with en-suite and TV, more like a hotel room! Big, well-equipped kitchen and free tea/fresh filter coffee/milk

Great hostel with a great atmosphere. Staff are lovely and gave me a lift to the bus. Only bad thing is a lack of free wifi, and the wifi itself is quite slow.

great big common area and many fridges in the kitchen so lots of space for everybody :) the only downside is the location - 15 min walking to the lake and the city centre. Also no free wifi is lame! Showers and rooms were nice :)

This is a very good backpackers. It is clean the staff are super friendly and the commn rooms are a great place to hang out. I would definitely stay again.

The kitchen was a mess during peak times with nobody cleaning up after themselves, some people were just dumping dirty dishes in the sink and walking out, others were ignoring spilt or dropped food. No fault of the owners but perhaps a few signs to suggest people try not to be grubs in the shared areas. Mattress was very worn out, springs poking me in the back. Staff were super friendly and welcoming, location is great and rooms were nice and clean.

• 8th Feb 2015

Fantastic place Really!!!!! Feels like at home we are... Staff is so helpful and great... Specially Jess❤️ Hahaha... I am definitely recommended to stay in Rainbow Lodge.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • India

Good place to stay, very clean, nice atmosphere.

Only stayed one night but found staff friendly and helpful large communal area and plenty of space and facilities in the kitchen

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Private double room was lovely. A bonus with an ensuite and TV. Felt really comfortable. Hostel was always clean and free coffee was pretty darn good! Hotel staff were friendly too. I'd definitely recommend staying here. Only the location could be better. A 10/15 minute walk to the lake and main town, which is ok but it was pretty hot when we were there. Atmosphere could have been better, didn't find people overly friendly but I suppose that comes down to luck.

The staff were so nice and helpful. The bike hire was amazing value for many and a really good way to get around. The kitchen was big, well equipped and thoroughly cleaned by the staff. Really great place to stay, would definitely go back. We stayed in a private room, so can't comment on how the dorms were, but our room was lovely and clean; we got a tv which was a nice and unexpected surprise

Great with free coffee and tea.

Really nice hostel with great atmosphere. The common room was very busy with people chatting, eating and playing games. Outdoor areas for people to hang out too. Lots of activities promoted and nice and friendly staff. The 4 bunk room was a good size and comfortable. Shower and toilet was clean and modern. Great kitchen facilities - huge and plenty of food storage room. Perhaps they could provide lockers in rooms. Location was a bit away from the main street, but only a 10-15 min walk.

Very relaxed vibe and good small size. Private room was basic but clean. Staff was friendly. I most liked the free coffee, plenty of couches in the lounge, and adorable dog.

We were staying in a twin private with ensuite. It had no hot water!! So we had to shower in the shared bathrooms. They did refund us the price we paid for an ensuite

• 11th Jan 2015

Rainbow Lodge is a nice hostel with great reception Staff! They offer free pick-up from the bus station which is great because it's a little walk from the main centre. Still, the location is good, in a quiet street close to Pack'n'save, 10minutes walk to the lake and the main centre with shops and restaurants. Kitchen is very nice, bathrooms are clean. Only "bad" things: no lockers, it can be quite noisy in the rooms when people are talking outside, there are a lot of young germans around.

Had such a great time in rainbow lodge. Staff really friendly and helpful. Rooms/bathroom and kitchen really clean. One of the best hostels I have stayed in nz. Taupo is a great place to travel. make sure you get on the sunset sailing boat trip. stunning:)

Loved my stay here! Friendly staff and very helpful. Room and bathroom very clean and it generally has a great atmosphere.

WiFi access should be free, or included in accommodation fee.

Thank you for your comments. $12 for a week unlimted wifi is extremely great value for money.It's the going rate around New Zealand. Enjoy your travels.

« first « Prev 1 2 3